HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part IV)

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2013, 10:38 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 500
The collarbone was reported by a reliable source, I just can't remember who. It may have been xm92. But to be fair I did not hear anyone say he had both.

Old
05-16-2013, 10:42 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus tacitus View Post
Trouba looked looked great today in the USA rout of Russia

PP goal and sat a couple dudes down
Yea I followed the GDT a bit and we are starting to see very similar comments about Jacob as we did at the WJC. I don't need validation from secondary sources to feel good about our 2012 1st round pick but it is always cool when Habs, Sabres, and many other fan bases tune in to watch the game and their prospects and without prompting say things like….and by the way "Trouba is going to be a stud, or a beast". Glad he is rounding into form and how about Gibson as well ? Stapler was gushing about how good and confident both Gibson and Trouba were on the round table last week and Tim looks to be spot on.

Old
05-16-2013, 10:53 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
The collarbone was reported by a reliable source, I just can't remember who. It may have been xm92. But to be fair I did not hear anyone say he had both.
Nice article in the Freep today where they are talking to Hawerchuk about Scheifele where Dale says "Mark is ready". Nice thing about Ducky is he is not the Brian Burke type (We had Rielly at #1), I find Dale is pretty restrained in his praise.

In the article Dale said Mark sustained a concussion but also mentioned in the same game one of their D men suffered a broken collar bone so my guess is XM92 might have got the information wrong and thought that Mark picked up both injuries?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...207673841.html

Old
05-16-2013, 10:58 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

I'm saying one source said concussion, another said collarbone, but no sources said both.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:02 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
I'm saying one source said concussion, another said collarbone, but no sources said both.
Yea it seemed a bit murky with the multiple players and multiple injuries.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Yea it seemed a bit murky with the multiple players and multiple injuries.
I think its pretty safe to conclude Scheif had a concussion in game 6, as that has been mentioned by a few sources - including coach Hawerchuk -and the collarbone injury (as it may have been hinted at 'once') may not be accurate as it hasn't come up at all recently in any post-series interview or in print. Unless someone can find an injury report on it.

That said, concussions are something to be cautious with, and I'm hopeful its not too serious and he recovers quickly. But to miss a game 7 - to get to Mem Cup - it had to be a significant injury where concussion protocol clicked in.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:59 AM
supahdupah
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
I think its pretty safe to conclude Scheif had a concussion in game 6, as that has been mentioned by a few sources - including coach Hawerchuk -and the collarbone injury (as it may have been hinted at 'once') may not be accurate as it hasn't come up at all recently in any post-series interview or in print. Unless someone can find an injury report on it.

That said, concussions are something to be cautious with, and I'm hopeful its not too serious and he recovers quickly. But to miss a game 7 - to get to Mem Cup - it had to be a significant injury where concussion protocol clicked in.
I would guess it's not serious as he's doing interviews a couple of days after.

Old
05-16-2013, 12:22 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahdupah View Post
I would guess it's not serious as he's doing interviews a couple of days after.
Agreed, Dale also mentioned it wasn't too serious. I need dust up on the protocol but I believe that even if you show minor symptoms you get held out.

Old
05-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Yea I followed the GDT a bit and we are starting to see very similar comments about Jacob as we did at the WJC. I don't need validation from secondary sources to feel good about our 2012 1st round pick but it is always cool when Habs, Sabres, and many other fan bases tune in to watch the game and their prospects and without prompting say things like….and by the way "Trouba is going to be a stud, or a beast". Glad he is rounding into form and how about Gibson as well ? Stapler was gushing about how good and confident both Gibson and Trouba were on the round table last week and Tim looks to be spot on.
Glad Trouba is back playing and playing well. He seems to be ready for the NHL next year, as well.

Anaheim will have an interesting decision to make if Gibson continues to develop and play well. Hiller just turned 31, and has 1 year left on his contract. Fasth turns 31 in summer, and has 2 yrs left on his deal, I believe. Pretty sure one of their older goalies gets moved, but which one? Hiller? He was their #1 in playoffs. Fasth? He might be the better of the two. Nice to have a solid vet and up-and-coming guy. Good situation.

I'll be interested to see what goalie moves are made in off-season. Guys like Luongo, Miller are likely to be traded. A guy like J Bernier might be moved too. Then, is Hiller or Fasth going to move next year, say at trade deadline? What about Ilya B, Halak, and MA Fleury? FA's like Backstrom and Smith might move on as well. Interesting times.

Teams like Oilers, Flames, Blues, Flyers, Minny, Devils, Panthers, Penguins, Coyotes, and even Leafs (?), might have different goalies next fall.

Imagine where:

Oilers - Smith, does KLowe like his work at WC's and tandem with Dubnyk? Signing him won't not lose a pick or prospect for Oil.
Flames - Bernier, young goalie to grow with young team.
Blues - want to win now. A guy like Ilya might look ok there.
Flyers - Miller or Luongo might handle the pressure there. Miller would be fun as a Flyer.
Minny - need a capable goalie, see Backstrom resigning.
Devils - with brodeur still around, the may look for his successor (draft or trade).
Panthers - Luongo is the favorite by many to go there.
Penguins - Miller? But Ilya on a modest deal after Flyer buy-out would be priceless.
Coyotes - wouldn't Ilya's return, with the Flyers paying him big $ in a buy-out, seem like the perfect ending to this debacle?
Leafs - may go with Reimer, but TO media will hound them until they make a move for a vet back-up? Halak?

Interesting times ahead.

Old
05-19-2013, 09:41 PM
jetsfan101

So this is Sutter's last year in juniors, yes? Do we need to sign him to an entry-level deal this summer or what's his status going to be?

Old
05-19-2013, 10:18 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan101 View Post
So this is Sutter's last year in juniors, yes? Do we need to sign him to an entry-level deal this summer or what's his status going to be?
He can play junior as an over-ager or he could sign an ATO/PTO if he doesn't sign an ELC.
His ELC wouldn't have to be signed until June 1, 2014.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:45 AM
jetsfan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
He can play junior as an over-ager or he could sign an ATO/PTO if he doesn't sign an ELC.
His ELC wouldn't have to be signed until June 1, 2014.
Thanks.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:53 AM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

Looked like Sutter got hurt tonight? Anyone know how serious it is?

Old
05-21-2013, 08:12 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient!

Mark Dekanich has signed with Medveščak of the KHL

http://khlmedvescakzg.tumblr.com/en_news

Old
05-22-2013, 11:19 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Well,

He wasn't signing to play here. IMO he was better than Pasquale especially down the stretch, but it seemed McCambridge would yank him real quick, but wouldn't pull Pasquale when he stunk, which was often.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:59 PM
GrandLarseny
Off to the KHL

Outsider here, what are your guys projections for Carl Klingberg? Is he already considered a bust? I was a big fan a couple of years ago, Thanks in advance!

Old
05-22-2013, 08:06 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandLarseny View Post
Outsider here, what are your guys projections for Carl Klingberg? Is he already considered a bust? I was a big fan a couple of years ago, Thanks in advance!
Window closing quickly for NHL regular and closed for top6.
He does well when he drives to the net, thus opening more room for others, and fore-checking hard but sometimes tries too much to be a pure scorer which he doesn't have the talent or IQ for.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:16 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Window closing quickly for NHL regular and closed for top6.
He does well when he drives to the net, thus opening more room for others, and fore-checking hard but sometimes tries too much to be a pure scorer which he doesn't have the talent or IQ for.
I have personally all but removed him from my prospect rankings. I don't see him playing for the Jets.

I could perhaps see a team like Detroit looking at him and letting him try to figure it oversees for 4 years, but something like that is a long shot.

It is a shame. He has some really nice physical tools, but he can't shoot and has some issues between his ears.

Old
05-23-2013, 04:42 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I have personally all but removed him from my prospect rankings. I don't see him playing for the Jets.

I could perhaps see a team like Detroit looking at him and letting him try to figure it oversees for 4 years, but something like that is a long shot.

It is a shame. He has some really nice physical tools, but he can't shoot and has some issues between his ears.
Yep,

At this stage, I wish the IceCaps had enough depth to ship him off.

Old
05-23-2013, 05:35 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 0
A large write up about Scheifele in the WFP this morning. He's looking at getting with Gary Roberts for off-season training. I hope he does. It worked marvelously for Lowry.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:10 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
A large write up about Scheifele in the WFP this morning. He's looking at getting with Gary Roberts for off-season training. I hope he does. It worked marvelously for Lowry.
Good story: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...208619521.html

Quote:
While Scheifele has been relaxing and recovering, he admitted his thoughts have turned already to some off-season training.

"I'm supposed to be keeping my mind off training right now with the last week off," Scheifele said. "But I think I'm going to change a few things. I've been talking to my agent about it, talking to Winnipeg a bit, and (former NHLer) Gary Roberts is coming up a lot and I'm really hoping I'll get the opportunity to train with him."

Details are yet to be finalized, Scheifele said.
Balance and strength training - would be great for him to get into a program like this.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:35 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

There are many trainers now that are capable of simulating A Gary Roberts style program but what I do like about it is Mark would be in a setting with other NHL'ers and like my wife's boot camp it never hurts to surround yourself with piers and watch how other high end performers dedicate themselves to their craft. I think with Fitness it doesn't hurt to shake up your setting and routine and Gary's program is excellant so why not. I have allot of faith in the Jets training staff to organize a program and monitor progress but I don't know who Mark would use "day to day" in the off season so perhaps this is a "team decision" to upgrade his resources.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:49 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 0
Quote:
There are many trainers now that are capable of simulating A Gary Roberts style program but what I do like about it is Mark would be in a setting with other NHL'ers and like my wife's boot camp it never hurts to surround yourself with piersand watch how other high end performers dedicate themselves to their craft. I think with Fitness it doesn't hurt to shake up your setting and routine and Gary's program is excellant so why not. I have allot of faith in the Jets training staff to organize a program and monitor progress but I don't know who Mark would use "day to day" in the off season so perhaps this is a "team decision" to upgrade his resources.
Gary Roberts owns a floatilla?

Old
05-23-2013, 07:02 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Gary Roberts owns a floatilla?
Ha ha .....early in the morning but that actually might work for Mark's balance!

Old
05-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Huffer

vCash: 1458
Quote:
Ha ha .....early in the morning but that actually might work for Mark's balance!
Worked for the Karate Kid.

Closed Thread