HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

WCSF Game #5 San Jose SHARKS @ Los Angeles Kings Thur 23 May 2013 7:30pm PDT TSN

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 11:02 AM
slocal
Global Moderator
Grübermeister

vCash: 500
Time for an AstroWin!!!

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
05-23-2013, 11:02 AM
MetropolisPt31

My Sharks Historical Sharkie Sense is tingling. Let's see, down 2-0, win the next 2 to tie up the series?

6-1 Kings.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:26 AM
v10king

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAddict View Post
Certainly feels like it doesn't it?

The whole "we are just having fun and want to keep playing" mantra sounds awfully similar to another championship Bay Area team.
I'm with you guys on the feeling being different this year. They seem like they are on a mission this year versus all the other years, more focused.

Boys need to win tonight though. Lets do this!

Old
05-23-2013, 11:27 AM
masterofallxix

Will be at the game! Lets hope 2 extra sharks fans there weakens their home ice advantage just a liiiiitle bit

4-3 Sharks. Quick is due to let in a softy or two. But I think the start of this game the Kings dominate unlike the previous 4 games. They go up 2-0, then maybe 3-1. But we come back from down 3-2 in the third and press and make it 4-3! This is the type of game I predict. Here's hoping...

Marleau, Pavs, Burns, Galiardi

Brown, Kopitar, Carter

Old
05-23-2013, 11:32 AM
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars

vCash: 1012
I don't expect Quick to let in any softies this series. Really annoying!
SJ wins anyway 3-2
Pattyx2 - Boyle
Muzzin - Carter

05-23-2013, 11:35 AM
RammsteinGT
Prairie Shark

vCash: 50
Not to be overly-dramatic or to put the cart before the horse, but could this be one of the biggest games in franchise history?

A win on the road sends us home with an opportunity to advance to the west finals. If we win game 6, as it stands right now, the team that'll separate us from a berth in the Cup Finals could very well be the Red Wings, a team that we've historically owned over the last few years. Plus, in that scenario, we'd hold home-ice advantage for the first time all year.

Inversely, and despite their sterling regular season, even Chicago of 2013 is not looking like the same caliber team as 2010 Chicago or 2011 Vancouver. Plus, we'll be re-adding Torres and Burish to the lineup along with Demers (possibly sooner than later).

The stars are aligning for the Sharks. Let us hope they take advantage of the opportunity presented.

"To Whom Much is Given, Much is Expected".

Go Sharks Go.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Hertl My Pickles
Next year for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RammsteinGT View Post
Not to be overly-dramatic or to put the cart before the horse, but could this be one of the biggest games in franchise history?

A win on the road sends us home with an opportunity to advance to the west finals. If we win game 6, as it stands right now, the team that'll separate us from a berth in the Cup Finals could very well be the Red Wings, a team that we've historically owned over the last few years. Plus, in that scenario, we'd hold home-ice advantage for the first time all year.

Inversely, and despite their sterling regular season, even Chicago of 2013 is not looking like the same caliber team as 2010 Chicago or 2011 Vancouver. Plus, we'll be re-adding Torres and Burish to the lineup along with Demers (possibly sooner than later).

The stars are aligning for the Sharks. Let us hope they take advantage of the opportunity presented.

Go Sharks Go.
I'm speechless.

Edit: I agree this could be the biggest game for the franchise.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:39 AM
thrillermiller89

bottom six comes alive

2-1 sharks

gomer, shepp

kopitar

Old
05-23-2013, 11:49 AM
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars

vCash: 1012
Quote:

Go Sharks Go.
Whoa... Probably not thime to hoist the cup just yet.
Even with a win, this series is NOT over. Chicago is very much alive in theirs.
with 9 more wins under SJ's belt, the next would be the biggest. The 12th would be 2nd etc.

LOOOOOONNNGNNNGN way to go. Lets get one tonight.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:50 AM
sharks fan 209

I am so nervous for this game!!! Just win sharks!!! Lets goooooooo shaaaaaaarks!

Sharks-2 couture, marleau
Kings 1- voynov

Old
05-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetropolisPt31 View Post
My Sharks Historical Sharkie Sense is tingling. Let's see, down 2-0, win the next 2 to tie up the series?

6-1 Kings.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:55 AM
murdock1116

we NEEEEEEEEED to get the first goal tonight!!!

Teams that score first are winning in this series.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:56 AM
murdock1116

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetropolisPt31 View Post

6-1 Kings.
What if its different this time around? Sharks teams of the past would do that, maybe this year is different

Old
05-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Phu

Quote:

Go Sharks Go.
I actually agree with this. History says the Sharks don't come up big in games like this. Doing so could signal a sea change, which would position the Sharks quite well.

Old
05-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
I actually agree with this. History says the Sharks don't come up big in games like this. Doing so could signal a sea change, which would position the Sharks quite well.

I heard the same thing after they blew the 0-3 lead to Detroit and came through in Game 7. None of this means anything unless they get to the Finals.

Last edited by Tkachuk4MVP: 05-23-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old
05-23-2013, 12:25 PM
SalsaShark
keep your head up

whoever stole Joe Thornton's gear and went out on the ice and raced around the rink like a fiend [Mod] hopefully shows up again.

We need that guy. [Mod]

Last edited by slocal: 05-23-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: careful with the drug references please
Old
05-23-2013, 12:25 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Well, I'm trying to avoid the rampant optimism around here (I may change my tune after the game) but I certainly am excited for this game, and a win would pump me up a lot for the rest of this series. COME ON SHARKS, OPEN THE FLOODGATES! I WANT TO WIN 10-2!

Old
05-23-2013, 12:33 PM
therabbit20

SNOG: 3-2 sj

Patty, Burns, Couture
Richards, Doughty

Let's go Sharks!!!!

Old
05-23-2013, 12:39 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

We need a HUGE game from Nemo tonight. LA will be coming out buzzing in the first period coming off their two road losses.

I believe the Sharks have outplayed the Kings in all 4 games. Kings know that too, so this should be the one game the Kings outplay us.

Sharks 2-1

Marleau Pavelski
Doughty

Old
05-23-2013, 12:40 PM
RammsteinGT
Prairie Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
I'm not planning the parade just yet, but your point about this team being different from the past squads is exactly my point. If we win, a golden opportunity unlike ever before is presented. If we lose...well, we just won't.

In my opinion, the last time we were in a position like this was 2004. Only this time, we have experience and all-star skill on the roster.

Old
05-23-2013, 12:51 PM
masterofallxix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
I honestly feel like this might be one if the most important games in Sharks history...
Certainly one of them. Obviously game 7 would be even more important but there may not even be a game 7. Winning today would greatly enhance our chances to get into the WCF again. And lets hope the Wings pull it off tonight against the Hawks. If they do, and we win our game...the chances of hosting the WCF against a Wings team we have dominated for years is very high! Lots of ifs and buts, but we're getting closer and closer to the finish line folks! must win tonight!

Old
05-23-2013, 12:56 PM
hockfan1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
We need a HUGE game from Nemo tonight. LA will be coming out buzzing in the first period coming off their two road losses.

I believe the Sharks have outplayed the Kings in all 4 games. Kings know that too, so this should be the one game the Kings outplay us.

Sharks 2-1

Marleau Pavelski
Doughty
i agree with most of this, although the last two games were the kings best. they owned the sharks the last halfs of games 3 and 4 and the sharks got soft. la probably thinks they deserve at least 1 win in sj. so i wouldnt necessarily say they are due to outplay us. because they have for long streches of games. i think they outshot us like 14-2 in the third last game? and we only had 7 shot all game after the first. we just got to keep doing much of the same and stay out of the box, and we will have a chance

Old
05-23-2013, 12:58 PM
masterofallxix

random fact...quick has had 6 games in a row with a sv percentage > .900, the longest such streak of the season haha. so you'd have to figure he's due any day now for a subpar game! haha.

although last year he only had 1 playoff game with a sub .900 sv percentage, and that was game 5 against the devils :/

Old
05-23-2013, 01:16 PM
hockfan1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofallxix View Post
random fact...quick has had 6 games in a row with a sv percentage > .900, the longest such streak of the season haha. so you'd have to figure he's due any day now for a subpar game! haha.

although last year he only had 1 playoff game with a sub .900 sv percentage, and that was game 5 against the devils :/
would be nice, but i dont see that happening. quick is in beast mode. his regular season stats were not great, but it is obvious his reg season and playoffs have no connection. he has turned the corner, sharks will have to continue to get traffic to the net, and have the drive and will to score. quick wont give us a game

Old
05-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Sleepy

I suspect a low-penalty, tight checking game. Sharks need powerplay to deliver.

First SNOG of the season:

2-1 Sharks OT. Pavs ties it late and Marleau GWG #15. Williams early.

Quick with eleventybillion saves. Heartbroken

Closed Thread