I'm extremely sick of this team having no second line center. Drafting Mackinnon would make us dominant. Obviously the price would be big. What do you think of a future top 4 centers of Toews/MacKinnon/Danault/McNeil. McNeil and Danault are already good faceoff men.
Would any hawks fan do something like this is plausible:
2nd overall- That's a top 4 d man, a first and a top 20 prospect
That's a late first and a developing center, and future star winger
1. Kane + Bolland to Buffalo for Vanek + BUFFA..draft Big 6'5 C Frederic Gauthier. ..NHL ready because he is so good defensively and can shoot and score enough as 2c and create space for linemates and is great at faceoffs..prayers answered for Big physical 2 way C who can win faceoffs and shutdown top centre of pther team too and can be good on the pk too or stand in front and screen goalie on the Pp...immense pro potential to impact and can insert now!
2.Vanek skilled and dosappears soft like Kane only as.LW but I propose trading hom to Nashville who need scoring in reg season just to make playoffs...propose Vanek + Seabrook to Nash ville for Weber and a 2nd rounder or even straight up for Wener alone.
3.With our own first take GOALIE Tristam Jarry who I think willbe the player og greayrst impact...franchise goalie...to cpme out of yhis draft..thougj he will be 2-3 years away fro beimg in the NHL. IF JARRY already off the boatd take Phillipe Desrosiers who is the. ...second best Goalie of this draft IMO...
P.s. IF Buffalo wpn't do Vanek and a first for Kane amd Bollamd then maybe Kane and Leddy seals the deal.
i think we all need to take a step back and bow down to our very own American Dream who wrote this on June 26, 2007:
Enough with the size crap, it doesnt matter. The kid played against much bigger oppenents in the OHL and WJC and tore it up at both. Savard is the first one to say dont worry about his size, thats because he was and STILL is the same size as Kane...and I think he had a pretty solid career..right?
yeah, lets keep a future hall of famer out of our line-up for "AT LEAST the next 2 years" because you think he is small. Thank God the Hawks didnt listen to that garbage with Savard, and guess what folks, they wont listen to it with Kane either. You all will be eating your words on this kid in about 6 months.
...and if you read that thread...oh, there were haters. but American Dream stood strong
1. After the MacKinnon show at the Mem Cup, Colorado would be crazy to take Jones and bypass NM...
2. FLA would then target Barkov since they too want a top Centre prospect..
3. THUS your proposals are non-starters. ..regardless of their merits or lack thereof...
4. Kane to Buffalo for tbeir first PLUs Vanek who we trade to Nashville with Seabrook for Weber and a Nashville first in 2015 is the correct strategy...with the Buffalo 8th overall pick we take Big 6'5 centre Freddric Gauthier who is perfe t for our 2c role as 1.He is so good 2 ways that he is NHL rdady Now..Great on faceoffs...Can also kill penalties and is physical..Good shot and can score e.ough for 2c role..Projects wellas can't miss NHL pro..Big body NOWo will only get strongdf and heftier...