HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Jagr or Iginla at trade deadline day in hindsight

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
You do realize that Iginla has the 8th most goals in the playoffs, right?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

Or do you think that Malkin shot them all off his head and those were merely Malkin trick shots?

As for a difference maker, even though it is hard by definition to score that many goals and points and to not make a difference, Iginla is a complimentary player in Pittsburgh. There you pulled that devastating admission out of me. So what difference does that make? And how does that make him supposedly ineffective?
Meh 8th most goals, with a -1 rating. Jagr's -2 without any goals lol.

Old
05-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
Meh 8th most goals, with a -1 rating. Jagr's -2 without any goals lol.
You got me.

I forget sometimes how true an indicator plus minus is in judging how players are doing on the ice.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea máxima culpa.

Old
05-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 571
Quote:
You got me.

I forget sometimes how true an indicator plus minus is in judging how players are doing on the ice.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea máxima culpa.

Old
05-23-2013, 02:38 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Obviosly it's something and better than UFA/nothing... but he pretty much skewered them.

It's on both Feaster for trusting Iginla and not getting in righting, and Iginla for being a turn coat and going back on his word.
How is it going back on his word if Feaster comes back to him with an offer from the Pens?

Old
05-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Riddum

I hope Iggy scores a hat trick next game, just to see HF steam a bit more.

Jagr made Giroux look like a top 3 player. An illusion created by Jagr's prowess. Jagr doesn't fit well with the Bruins but I would say that Iggy, not even playing up to par, fits damn well with the Pens.

Last edited by Riddum: 05-23-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old
05-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Ugene Malkin
ON THE WAGON TRAIL

Quote:
Not sure who to point finger at...but if reports are true and Iggy gave a verbal "Okay" to Boston than acted like a 16 year old girl on her bday stamping his feet wanting Pitts instead....

Lost a lot of respect for Iggy over all those shennanigans.

Also, for such a classy guy, sure as hell left his old team hung out to dry getting next to nothing in return... may as well pulled a Sundin, flipped flames the bird and sign UFA some where.
When did this ever happen? Iginla never gave the Bruins the, Verbal OK. Feaster did.

You need to get up to speed on something that's been out there for months.

Yes, you'd never exercise your right to go where you want to go after 10/13 years of service/play as the captain of the team for most of it, you'd let someone else determine your "rights" of where you get to go you signed a deal and played for, and honored? He's....So classless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
If that is what happened then it's Feaster's fault for not getting it signed on the dotted line when Iginla gave a verbal "OK". Given what Iginla has done for the Flames, he doesn't owe them squat. How is a 1st Round pick next to nothing in return?
It's a standard list, why would Iginla have to sign?, He gave no verbal OK to, Boston, for the trade. "He told Feaster." He'd then be on the hook for each team he listed.

Last edited by Ugene Malkin: 05-23-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old
05-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Anglesmith
Y'no like wadda guy

vCash: 125
Quote:
Not sure who to point finger at... but if reports are true and Iggy gave a verbal "Okay" to Boston than acted like a 16 year old girl on her bday stamping his feet wanting Pitts instead....

Lost a lot of respect for Iggy over all those shennanigans.

Also, for such a classy guy, sure as hell left his old team hung out to dry getting next to nothing in return... may as well pulled a Sundin, flipped flames the bird and sign UFA some where.
This post is full of ignorance.

Iginla gave the green light to Feaster that he would be willing to accept trades to those four teams. Feaster accepted deals from at least two teams. If he had felt that one deal was better than the others, he would have rejected the others. The way he presented it to Iginla was that he was happy with any of the deals, and that it was Iginla's choice which he would accept. Iginla acted professionally and simply made the choice he was asked to make.

And Bartkowski, Koko and a conditional pick is not a superior package; that misguided notion needs to stop. When this deal was broken, the pundits were already saying that it was underwhelming return for Iginla. Bartkowski is doing well with his opportunity in the playoffs, with 2 points and an even +/-, but you're kidding yourself if you think we passed on a blue chip prospect with him.

Now, regarding the "nothing" that the Flames got back, one of the players, just like Bart, played games for the Flames, so all of those people who said neither Hanowski or Agostino would ever make the NHL have egg on their face. He also scored his first goal in his first game. Hanowski will be a project, and Agostino is still a year away from playing professionally, but they both look like they have every chance to turn out. Your entire judgement is based on their draft position.

Old
05-23-2013, 02:47 PM
mavstar
No expectations

Iginla AINEC. You're nuts if you'd take Jagr over Iginla.

Old
05-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
How is it going back on his word if Feaster comes back to him with an offer from the Pens?
Here...

Let's pretend I am an employee of yours.

You ask me "Hey we are closing this office and want to transfer you, can you indicate a few places you would like to go".... I say "sure I would like to go to A, B and C"... You say "sounds good, I will get everything prepped"

few days/weeks pass

You come up to me "Okay, everything is ready, pack your bags you're off to office B", than I turn and say "no, I will only go to office C now"

That's going back on your word, pretty much how it's been presented to have gone down. Listened to all the talk shows/blogs after.

Old
05-23-2013, 02:53 PM
McGuiresMonsters

I think Jagr has played better than Iginla in the playoffs. I don't dislike Iginla, but he has looked like a scrub in the playoffs, and while Jagr is slow he seemed more dangerous than any Bruin forward not named Krejci in the leafs series. He was able to keep possession of the puck almost at will in the offensive zone.

Iginla is going to be the overwhelming choice though because he has 12 points and Jagr has 4 or whatever. Oh and don't forget the 'intangibles', where Iggy is a close runner-up to Toews now.

I actually hope Iginla turns it around and he did score a nice one-timer last night.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:01 PM
bambamcam4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsj31 View Post
You missed the entire point of my comment, but that was a delightful story.

My point is, Iginla put Boston on a list, Feaster asked him to wave to go to Boston, he said he would, Feaster told Chiarelli he was going to Boston... but then something happened. Iginla is now only willing to go to Pittsburgh, which I agree is well within his rights.

If I am on that team, I take that personally. Your GM made the best offer to acquire a superstar who nixed the deal last minute because he thought that you weren't good enough to win.

Speaking of "Don't be that chick", stop trying to be the hot chick who thinks she should get everything given to her because she's hot. It's annoying. Not every players dream/first choice is to play for Pittsburgh.
Bruins fans clearly can't comprehend they were used by Iginla and Calgary. It's pretty obvious that Pittsburgh was Iginla's preferred destination and as long as Pittsburgh was willing to submit an offer, Iggy would waive his NTC to go there. Iginla only had a "list" to drive up the price so that Calgary would get a better return. Iginla did right thing for his former and current employer, he never had any intention of going to Boston.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:03 PM
bambamcam4ever

Quote:
Here...

You ask me "Hey we are closing this office and want to transfer you, can you indicate a few places you would like to go".... I say "sure I would like to go to A, B and C"... You say "sounds good, I will get everything prepped"

few days/weeks pass

You come up to me "Okay, everything is ready, pack your bags you're off to office B", than I turn and say "no, I will only go to office C now"

That's going back on your word, pretty much how it's been presented to have gone down. Listened to all the talk shows/blogs after.
Maybe you should find more objective sources for your news. The blind leading the blind.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Here...

few days/weeks pass

I have no clue what actually went down. Neither do you. But let me change your scenario slightly as another possibility.

The office is closing, and your boss asks you for choices among the remaining offices. And you give him/her four acceptable choices to explore if they would accept you, as you were not sure if any of the four even wanted you. Your boss comes back and says two are interested, Paris and London. And I told the Paris office that you were coming. At that point you say, no, if London had not been interested Paris would have been acceptable enough that I would not have left the firm. But as London is interested that is my preference. I gave you options in case my first preference said no. But they did not. You should have asked first.

Just because you give a list of four choices that are 'acceptable' that does not mean that you do not have a preference between two of the choices. Unless Iginla had given written waiver for any of the four, and obviously he did not, it was someone else who seems to have jumped the gun.

Of course all of this is speculation. I freely admit that I was not there to say one way or another. Why are some of you talking so definitively as if you were in the room with all of the parties?

Old
05-23-2013, 03:09 PM
Ugene Malkin
ON THE WAGON TRAIL

Quote:
Here...

few days/weeks pass

You fabulously leave out the part where he actually gets to pick one of those options as per his rights to do so, written in his contract.

You're confusing standard industry to a sports industry.

Standard Industry you don't get to pick your actual final destination. They don't have no trade clauses from one division of the company to another. You take what's available.

Sports Industry does have no trade clauses where you get to actually pick your final destination/team.

You listen to them, doesn't mean they're any less wrong.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:11 PM
jarome

You take the person who is performing better and is hungrier for a cup. In this case, it's iginla and not because i'm a homer.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:20 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
not that I much care at this point who screwed the pooch more (iginla or feaster) if Iginila only wanted to go to the pens, there never should have been a list, and there never should have been any negotiating with the bruins.

he should have told feaster 'make a deal with Pit, that's where I want to go'

if he said he would go too three or four different teams, then it should have been up to feaster to get the best deal he could out of one of those teams, and that's were Iggy should have gone.

that's my only 'problem' with all of this.

if your choice is team A, then tell feaster that and let feaster worry about the who and how.

as for the question, I would take Iggy so far in the playoffs over Jagr any day.

but to be honest, I don't think either one has been 'needed' yet......

Old
05-23-2013, 03:24 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
I have no clue what actually went down. Neither do you. But let me change your scenario slightly as another possibility.

The office is closing, and your boss asks you for choices among the remaining offices. And you give him/her four acceptable choices to explore if they would accept you, as you were not sure if any of the four even wanted you. Your boss comes back and says two are interested, Paris and London. And I told the Paris office that you were coming. At that point you say, no, if London had not been interested Paris would have been acceptable enough that I would not have left the firm. But as London is interested that is my preference. I gave you options in case my first preference said no. But they did not. You should have asked first.

Just because you give a list of four choices that are 'acceptable' that does not mean that you do not have a preference between two of the choices. Unless Iginla had given written waiver for any of the four, and obviously he did not, it was someone else who seems to have jumped the gun.

Of course all of this is speculation. I freely admit that I was not there to say one way or another. Why are some of you talking so definitively as if you were in the room with all of the parties?
see my other post, this is were I disagree.

your imaginary person should have said I only want to go to London, or I want to go to London first, paris second etc etc etc.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:25 PM
NewFang

Iginla, .... BUT ..he gets to play with the two best players in the world. So it's hard to judge.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Some of you are looking like idiots here.

Please read the OP and respond to it. This has never been an Iginla vs. Jagr thread. It was asking if you were excited about the acquisition.

This is so off topic it should be closed.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:27 PM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:
Here...

few days/weeks pass

You come up to me "Okay, there is an opening at office B and office C", than I turn and say "I'd really prefer office B, a nice guy I worked with a few winters ago is there, and we got along great back then. Alot of people say he's no good for the industry, but he really is a good guy."

You say "Oh, well, I was thinking office C..." and I say "Well, you said I have the final call, and of B and C, I like B"

More true to life updated in bold.

If any of you really believe at no point was there a hierarchy of the teams listed, you really are delusional.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:30 PM
NewFang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post

Please read the OP and respond to it. This has never been an Iginla vs. Jagr thread. It was asking if you were excited about the acquisition.

It's always been a Iginla vs Jagr thread. I'm guessing the OP's first language is not english, but it's clear what he meant based on the title "Jagr or Iginla at trade deadline day in hindsight" , and the conclusion of "Jagr by a mile".

Old
05-23-2013, 03:31 PM
bambamcam4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
not that I much care at this point who screwed the pooch more (iginla or feaster) if Iginila only wanted to go to the pens, there never should have been a list, and there never should have been any negotiating with the bruins.

he should have told feaster 'make a deal with Pit, that's where I want to go'

if he said he would go too three or four different teams, then it should have been up to feaster to get the best deal he could out of one of those teams, and that's were Iggy should have gone.

that's my only 'problem' with all of this.

if your choice is team A, then tell feaster that and let feaster worry about the who and how.

as for the question, I would take Iggy so far in the playoffs over Jagr any day.

but to be honest, I don't think either one has been 'needed' yet......
He made the list so Calgary could hopefully get a better return by not just having one team bidding against itself.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:32 PM
qc
#TeamClode

vCash: 69
Quote:
Pens' fans are begging Bruins' fans to boo Crosby.

In all seriousness, he falls apart when you do that. I think that they should try that, it should work really well. 'Crosby sucks!' works even better. Try it.
Whoa now! Pump those brakes kind sir! Are you trying to jinx us all?! Pens are up 3-1, Bruins are up 3-0. I've seen some **** maaaan, **** that I would not wish upon anyone.. not even a Pens fan!

Let's put our respective opponents out of their misery before we have the funerals.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:39 PM
N o o d l e s

In a vacuum I take Iginla. With the situations of both teams now, I take Jagr. I'm very happy we ended up keeping Bartkowski and Koko and still got a player of Jagr's caliber in return. Seems like a win-win honestly. Now to re-acquire a 1st round pick, get on it Chia.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post

The OP is literally asking who you'd rather have gotten, Iginla or Jagr. He picked Jagr.

Tell me how this isn't an Iginla vs. Jagr thread.

Closed Thread