HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft Thread Part 2: Bark to the Future

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 03:13 PM
maplepred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Sorry I wasnt clear. If they aren't sold on Barkov or drouin at 4 (whichever is left) I'd rather the preds trade down than pick lindholm or nichuskin with the pick. In addition to the usual Russian risk, I'm worried nichuskin's game doesn't translate. He is big and strong and fast but I'm worried he won't be a prolific scorer or elite passer- the upside is there but I don't like the risk on him.

I wouldn't be any more worried about nichushkins game translating that any other top picks. You never know with any of these guys until they hit the NHL. Nichushkin could be amazing or a flop. Same with Mack, drouin, barkov,

I just really hope the forward we leave this draft with is Lindholm. I think barkov, drouin, Mack, and nichushkin all have way more potential than him. Just my two cents. I see an A level of forward prospects which is drouin, Mack, barkov and nichushkin.
Then I see a B level which is monahan, Lindholm, lazar

Old
05-23-2013, 03:29 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I wouldn't be any more worried about nichushkins game translating that any other top picks. You never know with any of these guys until they hit the NHL. Nichushkin could be amazing or a flop. Same with Mack, drouin, barkov,

I just really hope the forward we leave this draft with is Lindholm. I think barkov, drouin, Mack, and nichushkin all have way more potential than him. Just my two cents. I see an A level of forward prospects which is drouin, Mack, barkov and nichushkin.
Then I see a B level which is monahan, Lindholm, lazar
Im confused.. you want us to get the "B" level player rather than the "A" level??

Old
05-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Im confused.. you want us to get the "B" level player rather than the "A" level??
Think maple meant dont leave with?

Old
05-23-2013, 05:22 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preddownsouth View Post
Think maple meant dont leave with?
That's exactly what I meant! Hahaha
I get typing so quick and forget what I'm saying sometimes lol.

I definitely want the A level, not B!
Too funny lol.

But I still think the fact that nichushkin has gotten out of his khl contract shouldn't change anything, barkov is still the way to go, drouin and Mack will still be top three as well I believe.

How did he get out of contract anyhow?? I know we weren't to happy when radulov did that to us, but I don't know all the details about this either. Barkov has better all round game I think. Only thing nichushkin may be better in us skating.

Last edited by maplepred: 05-23-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old
05-24-2013, 12:58 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

At this point in time I'm ok with either Drouin or Barkov. I think both are going to have very good NHL careers. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Barkov just because he's a natural center but both can play that position. I don't really have much to contribute that already hasn't been said.

Old
05-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsigh View Post
At this point in time I'm ok with either Drouin or Barkov. I think both are going to have very good NHL careers. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Barkov just because he's a natural center but both can play that position. I don't really have much to contribute that already hasn't been said.
por que ? in the top 5 ... Nichushkin & Drouin are the pure wingers ... MacKinnon & Barkov are the pure Center men

Old
05-24-2013, 01:56 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

There is Jones plus four pretty safe bet forwards if in fact Nichushkin does come over. The big question that gets answered in about five weeks is where do the three teams ahead of us rank them so we then get whomever is highest remaining on our board.

Old
05-24-2013, 02:00 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
There is Jones plus four pretty safe bet forwards if in fact Nichushkin does come over. The big question that gets answered in about five weeks is where do the three teams ahead of us rank them so we then get whomever is highest remaining on our board.
Based on poile and his history. I think he ranks then like this,

1. Mackinnon
2. Barkov
3. Drouin
4. Nich

Safest picks always with this man, but really, he can't go wrong with any, I'm only leary of nichushkin because be is already dishonouring contracts a la radulov. But the kid is an amazing hockey player.

Old
05-24-2013, 04:01 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Based on poile and his history. I think he ranks then like this,

1. Mackinnon
2. Barkov
3. Drouin
4. Nich

Safest picks always with this man, but really, he can't go wrong with any, I'm only leary of nichushkin because be is already dishonouring contracts a la radulov. But the kid is an amazing hockey player.
Or Malkin.

Old
05-24-2013, 04:30 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Or Malkin.
Did not know this, malkin broke his khl contract to come to North America?

Now that I think of it, don't know if the khl was around then because I don't care about that league whatsoever, but I know Sergei fedorov 'defected' to come here. Was that also same idea as what nichushkin is doing?!

So you think there is zero risk of the flight factor or leaving the NHL after a few seasons and going back to Russia like radulov?! I guess you can never tell, hindsight is 20/20.

Russians just freak me out because of damn radulov!
We have such a high pick in such a top end talented draft, just don't want is getting screwed!!

I do really like nichushkins game though. But I think I still like barkov more. Still curious who Tampa and Florida take after avs take jones.

Old
05-24-2013, 04:38 PM
glenngineer

The KHL didn't exist when Malkin was around but if memory serves me he broke his contract with his Russian team at the time to come here to the NHL. If it wasn't him it may have been Ovie. Peter Stastny defected years ago and was the first of his kind.

Old
05-24-2013, 04:41 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Malkin definitely slipped out of Russia under questionable circumstances.. Im thinking he was in Finland for a junior tournament or something and didnt fly home with his team and instead came to North America. It was a big deal at the time.

Old
05-24-2013, 04:59 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Malkin definitely slipped out of Russia under questionable circumstances.. Im thinking he was in Finland for a junior tournament or something and didnt fly home with his team and instead came to North America. It was a big deal at the time.
Yeah fedorov did same thing.

My question is, should we be concerned whatsoever about nichushkin?!

Old
05-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:

My favorite Russian did the same thing ... Alexander Mogilny

Old
05-25-2013, 12:27 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:

Fedorov had to defect from the Soviet Union, slightly different in magnitude from walking out on a contract.

Nichushkin has stated his desire to play in North America this year. If Poile really wants him, he'll almost assuredly be available. If he isn't, that means Tampa Bay took him, and we get MacKinnon, Drouin, or Barkov. We're in a great situation regardless.

Old
05-25-2013, 04:14 AM
oreilly22

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Fedorov had to defect from the Soviet Union, slightly different in magnitude from walking out on a contract.

Nichushkin has stated his desire to play in North America this year. If Poile really wants him, he'll almost assuredly be available. If he isn't, that means Tampa Bay took him, and we get MacKinnon, Drouin, or Barkov. We're in a great situation regardless.
Yeah, Tampa could throw a wrench in things if they picked nich instead of Drouin. That would be a really tough choice to make between Barkov and Drouin. We need a #1 center so badly, and Barkov looks like he could potentially be a really good player, but Drouin has some of the flashiest highlights around. If this scenario goes down you know we're going to be comparing these two players forever.

Old
05-25-2013, 06:18 AM
Legionnaire11

Nichushkin might be out of his contract and he might want to come over right away... and he will probably do that and things will be good.

But what happens in 2, 3, 4... years from now? Radulov was over here for 6 years before running home.

Old
05-25-2013, 06:18 AM
SHO NUFF*

Josh Cooper of the Tennessean was on Edmonton radio today and said he thinks the Preds may be scared off Barkov because of his shoulder injury.

http://www.630ched.com/Podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=2254

Old
05-25-2013, 06:52 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHO NUFF View Post
Josh Cooper of the Tennessean was on Edmonton radio today and said he thinks the Preds may be scared off Barkov because of his shoulder injury.

more gamesmanship.

no way does anyone with actual knowledge of the Preds draft board let something like that leak if its true. Could just as well be that they really want barkov and hope by talking him down he will still be there at 4

Old
05-25-2013, 07:15 AM
thomast

False rumours again... Barkov is in full practice condition at summer( most likely beginning of the summer) confirmed by father Barkov couple weeks ago and his team doctor who actually took care of the injury. I don't know where these guys pull their informations but they know nothing. It's obvious that preds like him alot and is strong candidate at their pick.

Old
05-25-2013, 07:27 AM
maplepred

This is nuts!
Barkov, mackinnon, drouin, nichushkin are all going to be snipers in the NHL IMO, and we are going to get one of them!!!

This could be out best draft for the first round ever!!!

Old
05-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHO NUFF View Post

Cooper got his so-called information on Barkov's injury from Igor Eronko on Twiiter. Eronko's information was outdated and even false on some details. I have to say that all of this is highly unprofessional, but I guess it can be expected when dealing with a Euro prospect and you have limited resources. I'm sure the Preds have asked for Barkov's x-rays (Tampa did) so at least they know the truth even if reporters don't.

Old
05-25-2013, 08:54 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Nichushkin might be out of his contract and he might want to come over right away... and he will probably do that and things will be good.

But what happens in 2, 3, 4... years from now? Radulov was over here for 6 years before running home.
Radulov was known for issues prior to the draft. He slid down the draft board for a reason.

Old
05-25-2013, 08:55 AM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreilly22 View Post
Yeah, Tampa could throw a wrench in things if they picked nich instead of Drouin. That would be a really tough choice to make between Barkov and Drouin. We need a #1 center so badly, and Barkov looks like he could potentially be a really good player, but Drouin has some of the flashiest highlights around. If this scenario goes down you know we're going to be comparing these two players forever.
If that's the case, we better be sprinting up to the podium to take Drouin.

This isn't like the NFL/NBA draft where you can plug and play a player. These kids probably won't be here for 2-3 years, and then probably not in their prime for another 2 or so. Who knows what the team will look like at that point. Center might be a strength, Wing might be a weakness. Who knows.

Got to take BPA.

Old
05-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Radulov was known for issues prior to the draft. He slid down the draft board for a reason.
Yup and our scouts still overlooked it

Closed Thread