HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Richards Part III: The Buy-Out!

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 03:25 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Richards is still better than Brassard, but get out of that contract ASAP. The Rangers can expect another mediocre seeding (only make it due to Hank) and early playoff exit due to lack of depth at center. This team is going nowhere.
so the season has even ended, and you're forecasting the end of next season?

great.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:28 PM
MustarddTiger
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
And for the record, I ****ing hate the scratch today. If you're trying to send a message to your team don't scratch Richie in an elimination game, do it Game 3, NOT WHEN YOUR SEASON IS ON THE LINE.
Anyone really think Newbury/Haley in the lineup will fare better than Richards?
This is just Tort's unconventional way of trying to light a fire under the team's ass, but it is too little, too late, and too extreme.
Anyone is better than Richards right now, have you not been watching him play? What do you think he's gonna do score or something? That's sure isn't happening, and he forgot how to pass as well.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Read my other posts. I am not in favor of keeping Richards. I get it, it's done.

I also am not "expecting" doom and gloom. It could work out GREAT if the cap space is used well, Lindberg steps in, and Brass puts up 60 points. I do take issue with COUNTING on that and with the argument that we will be fine and there are 0 risks with that scenario, and with having no other good options.

Less an issue with the Richards buyout, more with what a trainwreck this franchise has been.
Agreed. No guarantees with either scenario, but why drag Richards through another year and the whole team with him. So I agree it's done.

Just not many options available currently, and while I do think we'd have up and down stretches with the younger players it could work out well in the end.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:34 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
Jagr is also an exponentially better hockey player than Richards. Jagr is 41 while Richards is 33. Richards cannot hold Jagr's jock at any level of the game.
Of course. I'm just saying that Jagr is an example of a guy who is handling a rough patch like a true professional should, while Richards is just sulking about it and getting worse.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:35 PM
azaloum90

Quote:
Jagr is also an exponentially better hockey player than Richards. Jagr is 41 while Richards is 33. Richards cannot hold Jagr's jock at any level of the game.
Jagr is like this generations Gretzky, personally speaking. Physically, he isn't as mobile, but he has the hockey mind of someone whp is 30 and fresh in their prime

but I guess Sidney Crosby should get it since he's my favorite player

Old
05-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
Jagr is like this generations Gretzky, personally speaking. Physically, he isn't as mobile, but he has the hockey mind of someone whp is 30 and fresh in their prime
I don't think a hockey mind depreciates during a playing career.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
05-23-2013, 03:37 PM
DudMan28

Quote:
Richards is still better than Brassard, but get out of that contract ASAP. The Rangers can expect another mediocre seeding (only make it due to Hank) and early playoff exit due to lack of depth at center. This team is going nowhere.
In what way is Richards better than Brassard? The guy has been the weak link down on the 4th line. THE 4TH LINE. Saying Richards is better than Brassard is just idiotic.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:41 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustarddTiger View Post
Anyone is better than Richards right now, have you not been watching him play? What do you think he's gonna do score or something? That's sure isn't happening, and he forgot how to pass as well.
You play every game, not to mention an elimination game, providing and icing the team with the best chance to win. Do you think having Newbury, over Richards in the line up, gives us the best chance to win?
Yes Richie is abysmal, but is he worse than having Newbury on the ice for 4 minutes a game?

Old
05-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Of course. I'm just saying that Jagr is an example of a guy who is handling a rough patch like a true professional should, while Richards is just sulking about it and getting worse.
Think you need to do some research on how Jagr handled his time in Washington.

If you want to create a list of hockey malcontents throughout their careers, Jagr would be far ahead of Richards.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:43 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Since when is Richards "sulking?"

RANGERS =
Old
05-23-2013, 03:44 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
I agree with this. I'm for buying him out. Just not now. Wait a year. I say buy him out in 2014. He can make an impact again like he did last year for us. Who knows. But he can also blow again. I understand that.

I love having depth at center. It just makes a team better... Of course if they play well. Hopefully Richards will learn from sitting around in this past offseason and come out with a chip on his shoulder. I believe this is just a terrible year for him. Played like crap most of the year and he still had a pace of 60 points in a full season.
Wait and see one more year. Just my opinion.
Injury = zero buyout.

Risk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>reward

Old
05-23-2013, 03:45 PM
DudMan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
You play every game, not to mention an elimination game, providing and icing the team with the best chance to win. Do you think having Newbury, over Richards in the line up, gives us the best chance to win?
Yes Richie is abysmal, but is he worse than having Newbury on the ice for 4 minutes a game?
Simply put, yes. Richards has been non-existent. Isn't skating anymore. Cant make a pass. Newbury at least brings some more grit to the team.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:47 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Pierre on the FAN right now.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:48 PM
eco's bones

Richards has been playing like *******. Better than Newbury? Maybe--then again Newbury fits the profile of hard nosed gritty 4th liner better.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:49 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Richards is in no way better than Brassard anymore.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Affinity

Newbury might not be as skilled as Richards (was) but he'll give much more effort and play physical. Of course he's a better option than Richards right now, anyone actually think he was just going to magically turn it on tonight on the 4th line? How much does someone want to bet our PP scores tonight now that he is off of it? Lol

Old
05-23-2013, 03:55 PM
NYRCSKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post

but I guess Sidney Crosby should get it since he's my favorite player
Crosby also cannot hold Jagr's jock. Jagr is top 5 all time.

Old
05-23-2013, 04:02 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Crosby also cannot hold Jagr's jock. Jagr is top 5 all time.
Top 15. Not top 5.

Orr
Gretzky
Messier
Howe
Borque
Lemieux
Lidstrom
Bossy
Coffey
Yzerman
Richard
Beliveau
Dionne
Sakic

And that's not counting goalies (Roy, Brodeur)

Old
05-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Top 15. Not top 5.

Orr
Gretzky
Messier
Howe
Borque
Lemieux
Lidstrom
Bossy
Coffey
Yzerman
Richard
Beliveau
Dionne
Sakic

I think Jagr was a better player than a good number of guys on that list. Durability counts for something.

Old
05-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Leetch66

24 Million in salary...another 24 Million in a buyout = 48 Million for approximately 128 regular season games which is $ 375,000.00 per game or about $ 41,666.00 per shift for those 9 Minute games of late . LOL...it is just hilarious ! I also think he just did not give a crap this season when he had it figured out he was going to be a Buy Out and figured that he could make another few Million playing elsewhere . I would almost bet that he has 70 points somewhere in the NHL next season playing for a team that has a totally different system .

Now...if we could only send Torts a good bye letter and start moving forward...things might actually improve .

You have to give Richards...a small town country boy with a grade 12 education , some credit...he certainly hoodwinked the big wigs in NYC to the tune of 48,000,000.00 and he accomplished it in less than 24 months .

Old
05-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Vidic15

Please buyout Richards. Go with Stepan and Brassard next year. The worst that can happen is we get a good pick.

Old
05-23-2013, 04:18 PM
NYRCSKA

Quote:
Top 15. Not top 5.

Orr
Gretzky
Messier
Howe
Borque
Lemieux
Lidstrom
Bossy
Coffey
Yzerman
Richard
Beliveau
Dionne
Sakic

1)Gretzky
2)Messier
3)Howe
4)Orr
5)Lemieux
6)Jagr
7)Yzerman
8)Sakic
9)Hasek
10)Roy

would be my top 10

Old
05-23-2013, 04:22 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
1)Gretzky
2)Messier
3)Howe
4)Orr
5)Lemieux
6)Jagr
7)Yzerman
8)Sakic
9)Hasek
10)Roy

would be my top 10
Bossy was a better RW than Jagr and scored 50+ goals nine years in a row and retired due to injury and won 4 Cups. Look at his stats. He's probably the best RW to ever play the game and this is coming from a Rangers fan. Jagr was great in Pittsburgh and had one great (NYR) post-Pittsburgh year. And, no sniffs of the Cup without Lemiuex. No Ray Borque? Really? Nah.

Old
05-23-2013, 04:23 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Since when is Richards "sulking?"
Seriously. Criticize his play all you want, but don't make claims about Richards sulking without any semblance of proof. Richards has always been an "under the radar, behind closed doors" kind of guy...let's not make assumptions about his work ethic or attitude just because it fits the narrative. This guy has a history of being a tremendous teammate and a hard worker, I don't think we should assume all that went away just because he's had an awful season.

Old
05-23-2013, 04:41 PM
NYRCSKA

Quote:
Bossy was a better RW than Jagr and scored 50+ goals nine years in a row and retired due to injury and won 4 Cups. Look at his stats. He's probably the best RW to ever play the game and this is coming from a Rangers fan. Jagr was great in Pittsburgh and had one great (NYR) post-Pittsburgh year. And, no sniffs of the Cup without Lemiuex. No Ray Borque? Really? Nah.
Scott Stevens > Bourque

Closed Thread