HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Jagr or Iginla at trade deadline day in hindsight

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Some of you are looking like idiots here.

Please read the OP and respond to it. This has never been an Iginla vs. Jagr thread. It was asking if you were excited about the acquisition.

This is so off topic it should be closed.
Thread title

"Jagr or Iginla at trade deadline day in hindsight"

Part of the, OP.
"Flash back to April, 3rd."

Say's hello.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:51 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamcam4ever View Post
He made the list so Calgary could hopefully get a better return by not just having one team bidding against itself.
Did he? Or did feaster?

The point is if you only want to go to one team and you have the final say then tell the GM that one team.

If you tell the gm multiple teams then you accept where you get sent of those teams.

Whether feaster it Iggy made the list... if they didn't intend to honor it then someone is dealing in bad faith.

Old
05-23-2013, 04:00 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
Even when he was at his best, Iginla was only ever dominant about 50% of the time at most. He's a very streaky player. When he's not dominant he quietly puts up goals like he did last night.

I see posters saying things like "Iggy you should have toe dragged that!", Iginla doesn't even know what a toe drag is. He goes to the net and gets greasy goals, or else he bangs off a heavy shot. That's what he does. He's not a finesse player at all.

I think a lot of EC fans just don't understand the type of player he is, and are expecting him to become something that he's not. He might get more engaged physically, or he might not, you never know with the guy, but expecting him to go backhand when he should, or not shoot it into the goalie's pads once in a while, shows that you haven't really followed the guy's career all that closely.

Old
05-23-2013, 04:10 PM
bambamcam4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
Did he? Or did feaster?

The point is if you only want to go to one team and you have the final say then tell the GM that one team.

If you tell the gm multiple teams then you accept where you get sent of those teams.

Whether feaster it Iggy made the list... if they didn't intend to honor it then someone is dealing in bad faith.
Making a list isn't the final word on Iggy's destination, Iggy waiving his NTC clause is. And also, no one was in the wrong here. Calgary wanted to get the best return for Iginla, they aren't just going to tell the Penguins that they are Iginla's only option, otherwise they would only be offered a mediocre draft pick. The only people in the wrong here were the members of the Bruins organization who leaked that Iginla was going to Boston.

Old
05-23-2013, 04:36 PM
JMiller

The play of bartowski has made losing out on iginla a lot easier for Boston fans.

Old
05-23-2013, 04:38 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Making a list isn't the final word on Iggy's destination, Iggy waiving his NTC clause is. And also, no one was in the wrong here. Calgary wanted to get the best return for Iginla, they aren't just going to tell the Penguins that they are Iginla's only option, otherwise they would only be offered a mediocre draft pick. The only people in the wrong here were the members of the Bruins organization who leaked that Iginla was going to Boston.
Making a list should be the final word. Everyone has the right to change there mind, the bride walking down the isle has the right to change her mind, but considering the impact of some decisions, some forethought should be put into it.

again, if Feaster or Iggy new that PIT was choice number one and he would only go to another team if PIT didn't want him, not if they just couldn't get the best deal, then Feaster shouldn't have strung chia along, that's all.

again, I don't much care at this point, and its not so much that anyone did anything wrong, but it was shady.

and as far members of the bruins organization leaking things, I don't recall (or care to) the time line at this point, but Chia pulling Bart and Koko from the lineup in prov. is when I remember the media running with the 'its a done deal' story.

If Calgary wanted the best return and used Boston with zero intent of finalizing the trade, that is just the wrong way to go about things. Especially considering you have PROV sitting out two of there top players (screw the fans that paid to see that game) and lets hope they aren't battling for a playoff spot themselves.....

Old
05-23-2013, 04:39 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuiresMonsters View Post
I think Jagr has played better than Iginla in the playoffs. I don't dislike Iginla, but he has looked like a scrub in the playoffs, and while Jagr is slow he seemed more dangerous than any Bruin forward not named Krejci in the leafs series. He was able to keep possession of the puck almost at will in the offensive zone.

Iginla is going to be the overwhelming choice though because he has 12 points and Jagr has 4 or whatever. Oh and don't forget the 'intangibles', where Iggy is a close runner-up to Toews now.

I actually hope Iginla turns it around and he did score a nice one-timer last night.
So, how does this work? Mock Iginla's "intangibles" such as outproducing Jagr by 8 points and then you list the things that are good about Jagr as "he looks good out there" and "keeping the puck at will."

Old
05-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Did he? Or did feaster?

>>>>>The GM asked for the list<<<<<<

There's a reason for that.

>>>>>>Iginla is not held to any single team on that list<<<<<

Your 2nd sentence: Just No.........no...........no......

It's really not that hard to figure out.

Here's the problem, and you're not the only one. Some are putting "personal beliefs" in place of, Contract Litigation.

That Contract Litigation allows him to pick his final destination of the list he was "asked" for. Yes. he could have just listed one team, but...he wasn't asked for that.

I also think everyone forgets that neither side (Iginla or Flames) wanted to be the one to ask-for/demand a trade out of respect for each other.

No one got disrespected, and no one is classless, it merely was his choice, the only belief that matters in all of this, the end.

Bad faith is trying to renegotiate a contract you already signed. "He's playing by the rules of the one he did sign."

Take the personal aspect out of it.

Old
05-23-2013, 05:09 PM
danpantz

I think both fan bases would agree that it has worked out pretty well for both clubs.

We will have a better idea if the two teams play each other.

Old
05-23-2013, 05:58 PM
RunFromTheBear

Winners:
Pittsburgh
Boston

Losers:
Calgary
Iginla

- Pittsburgh got the best player in the deals. Not even close.

- Boston got a huge upgrade over Chris Bourque types. Kept top prospects.

- Calgary got a horrible return. Boston's offer was better by a mile.

- Iginla lost Boston as a potential suitor in the offseason. Would have been a perfect fit to potentially replace Horton. If he gets a cup then he gets moved to the winner category. If Penguins lose to bruins he looks like a goat.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:03 PM
RunFromTheBear

This would have been one hell of a team:

Horton - Krejci - Lucic
Iginla - Bergeron - Marchand
Jagr - Kelly - Seguin
Thornton - Campbell - Paille

Chara - Hamilton
Boychuk - Krug
McQuaid - Johnson

Ference, Seidenberg, Redden

Old
05-23-2013, 06:09 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post

Here's the problem, and you're not the only one. Some are putting "personal beliefs" in place of, Contract Litigation.

That Contract Litigation allows him to pick his final destination of the list he was "asked" for. Yes. he could have just listed one team, but...he wasn't asked for that.

I also think everyone forgets that neither side (Iginla or Flames) wanted to be the one to ask-for/demand a trade out of respect for each other.

No one got disrespected, and no one is classless, it merely was his choice, the only belief that matters in all of this, the end.

Bad faith is trying to renegotiate a contract you already signed. "He's playing by the rules of the one he did sign."

no, its not a problem, what so ever.

as you pointed out, its a personal preference to hold people to there word or not.

as i stated further down, everyone has the right to change there mind.

bad faith is stringing along someone that you have no intentions of finalizing a deal with.

that i dont like, regardless of wether or not they have the legal right to do so, some of us still have a moral compass when it comes to that kind of stuff.

and again, i dont much care, especially at this point.

but to disregard 'personal beliefs' and what is right and wrong becuase you can is a bit of a cop out.

its like people on this board skewering blake wheeler because he didnt sign with the team that drafted him.

he was under no obligation too, but yet plenty of people still feel what he did was 'wrong'.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:21 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Iginla screwed Calgary and not Feaster. It was made public that he wanted to go play with Crosby. PENS knew they could lowball the FLames cuz Boston wasn't even in the race. Feaster should be upset as Boston offered the better pieces.
Iginla really tied his former teams hands

Old
05-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

Why is this still being discussed? Both Feaster and Iginla have come out with the same story.

Feaster came to Iginla with the Boston and Pittsburgh deals. Iginla asked if they were both fair deals, and Feaster said yes. Then he chose Pittsburgh. It's as simple as that.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:50 PM
NinthSpoke06

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
So enlighten me. Seeing how I am so dense.

If I asked Mila Kunis out for a date, and the ***** shot me down, should I still be comparing her to the girl I went out with next months after or get on with my life?

Boston may as well have thrown unicorns and moonbeams into their trade offer for all the relevance it has to the actual trades that happened at the deadline. Trades that did not happen have no relevance.

But go on, I am all ears. Tell me how this hypothetical trade makes a difference in evaluating what was actually given up for each player and what they have brought their teams since.
Simple.

Boston would have had to pay much more to get Iginla than Pittsburgh did.

Iginla has been the better player. But Bartkowski + Jagr (+ Khokhlachev in the future) has added more value for the Bruins.

I'm not sure why Pens fans are getting their panties in a bunch. They got a sick deal. Got the better player. Why does it matter if we are happy with what ended up happening? It worked out for both sides.

Old
05-23-2013, 07:16 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post

Not only that bad had it not been for a Bruins source leaking the deal to Ward no one would have ever known what was up.

Old
05-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

Bruins definitely saved there. Bart+ Koko+ 1st isn't looking too good now

Old
05-23-2013, 08:00 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
Iginla screwed Calgary and not Feaster. It was made public that he wanted to go play with Crosby. PENS knew they could lowball the FLames cuz Boston wasn't even in the race. Feaster should be upset as Boston offered the better pieces.
Iginla really tied his former teams hands
This has been proven false. Shero didn't even know Boston was trying to get him beyond media speculation. He had no way of knowing Iginla was only going to accept a deal to the pens.

Old
05-23-2013, 08:09 PM
bambamcam4ever

Quote:
Making a list should be the final word. Everyone has the right to change there mind, the bride walking down the isle has the right to change her mind, but considering the impact of some decisions, some forethought should be put into it.

again, if Feaster or Iggy new that PIT was choice number one and he would only go to another team if PIT didn't want him, not if they just couldn't get the best deal, then Feaster shouldn't have strung chia along, that's all.

again, I don't much care at this point, and its not so much that anyone did anything wrong, but it was shady.

and as far members of the bruins organization leaking things, I don't recall (or care to) the time line at this point, but Chia pulling Bart and Koko from the lineup in prov. is when I remember the media running with the 'its a done deal' story.

If Calgary wanted the best return and used Boston with zero intent of finalizing the trade, that is just the wrong way to go about things. Especially considering you have PROV sitting out two of there top players (screw the fans that paid to see that game) and lets hope they aren't battling for a playoff spot themselves.....
1) If you want to use the example of a bride, if a girl was on the Bachelorette or some show like that, maybe she is OK with marrying most of the guys, but she would rather be able to choose which one she marries.

2) He should have strung the Bruins along to raise the price for Iginla, and did.

Old
05-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:

bad faith is stringing along someone that you have no intentions of finalizing a deal with.

that i dont like, regardless of wether or not they have the legal right to do so, some of us still have a moral compass when it comes to that kind of stuff.
You do understand "Jarome Iginla" did not string anyone along? he wasn't doing the deals. He gave a list to who? Yes. Feaster.

Now Feaster had a job to do. He made the calls and got to the two final deals of the teams left, Boston and Pittsburgh. All he had to do now is go to Iginla and ask him which he wanted, we all know Feaster wanted the Boston deal. Jarome picked Pittsburgh.

Chiarelli didn't wait even though he wasn't 100% sure for a few hours, or even a day for word back? Chiarelli strung himself along.

The old term of, "don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch", mean anything?

Old
05-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

Quote:
1) If you want to use the example of a bride, if a girl was on the Bachelorette or some show like that, maybe she is OK with marrying most of the guys, but she would rather be able to choose which one she marries.

2) He should have strung the Bruins along to raise the price for Iginla, and did.
Bruins offer was better than the Pens, and the Pens offer was pretty mediocre for a player of Iginla's caliber.

Old
05-23-2013, 08:44 PM
bambamcam4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftans22 View Post
Bruins offer was better than the Pens, and the Pens offer was pretty mediocre for a player of Iginla's caliber.
I was referring to that Feaster should have used the Bruins to drive up the price, not that it was actually very successful.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:07 PM
DoubleDouble
The black cocaine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftans22 View Post
Bruins definitely saved there. Bart+ Koko+ 1st isn't looking too good now
Iginla is over PPG in the playoffs, not to mention everything else he brings...that would have been a fantastic dealfor Boston.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDouble View Post
Iginla is over PPG in the playoffs, not to mention everything else he brings...that would have been a fantastic dealfor Boston.
For one year? I don't think so. Didn't happen anyway

Old
05-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Chiquito

Boy would I hate being an ex girlfriend or boyfriend of these bruin fans. Stalker material. It's been two months of this. Let it go already.

Closed Thread