HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Indo-EDGE jerseys.. what's the problem with them?

Old
05-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

vCash: 500
Indo-EDGE jerseys.. what's the problem with them?

Indo-EDGE jerseys, or Reebok EDGE Authentic jerseys made in Indonesia. I don't know why everybody has a problem with them. Care to explain why exactly?

Nose Face Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 03:55 PM
mikitas donut
The Hammer!

Reebok Edges are made in Canada, and Indo-Edges are made in Indonesia. They have a big drop in quality and aren't that much cheaper. Most players wear the Edge 2.0s, which aren't even available at retail either.

I'm sure others here have better jersey knowledge and can talk more about it.

mikitas donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

I'm thinking of buying an authentic, and the only ones available are indo-edges. I wonder why 2.0's aren't available at retail?

Old
05-23-2013, 04:02 PM
mikitas donut
The Hammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Face Killah View Post
I'm thinking of buying an authentic, and the only ones available are indo-edges. I wonder why 2.0's aren't available at retail?
I wish I could tell you. The 2.0s are similar to the 1.0s, but the arms and front are made of airknit and are cut a little baggier, and the 1.0s have a better version of the fabric the Premier replicas are made of.

Supposedly there is talk of making the 2.0s available soon. I think the Indo-Edges are made of airknit, but it's thinner than the game weight.

If you're not a stickler, the Indo-Edges are fine. But I can understand why many wouldn't like them.

Old
05-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Zaphod

Well, you can pay more money for a higher quality garment made by fairly compensated workers, or you can pay slightly less for something made by an indentured teenage factory worker in Java.

Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

I'll bite.

- The fight strap itself is extremely thin, and would likely tear apart if it were to be subjected to actual game use. Think of how much force an actual fight strap can withstand.

- The attachment of the strap is white (not the color of the jersey, just always white) with jersey-colored stitching. The stitching itself looks like it was done by a blind man with muscle tremors. The twill of the attachment itself is also extremely thin.

- The Reebok wordmark logo on the back of the neck isn't even sewn down. The $0.000004 it would take to stitch that down was apparently too much of an effort.

- The material of the entire jersey is somewhere between 550 (old airknit replica) and 6100 (old airknit authentic). It's not the same, it's not better, it's just...different. And yes, it's worse.

- It's the same price as an actual regular authentic would be.

- It was advertised originally by Reebok as "on-ice authentic". It's not. No player has ever worn an Indo-Edge on the ice, because it wouldn't last the game. Players still wear Edge 1.0s; Martin Erat's gold Nashville jerseys actually had to be custom-made by hand since Reebok only made the 2.0 for the Predators post-switch.

That's my problem. Reebok has basically assumed that we're all a bunch of idiots, and that teams will buy anything since they're a bunch of idiots as well. Frankly, **** Reebok. I'm tired of their ****. They created something unfit for actual use, then lied about it. Is it a middle price point? Pfft, c'mon. This is Reebok we're talking about. There's people to gouge.

Reebok has claimed for years that they take bootlegging and counterfeiting seriously, then try to charge $250-300 for a jersey that's, at best, marginally better than a bootleg. It's damn near criminal.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Drunkspleen
Face of the company

Wow, had no idea the Reebok "Authentics" had gotten this bad, it's pretty ridiculous.

Drunkspleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 05:43 PM
kiamde

Here is some pictures of the jersey. They make mistakes similar to a fake jersey. Guess they haven't worked out all the issues yet.

https://www.facebook.com/AntiIndoEdge/photos_stream

kiamde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 06:00 PM
mikitas donut
The Hammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
Well, you can pay more money for a higher quality garment made by fairly compensated workers, or you can pay slightly less for something made by an indentured teenage factory worker in Java.
Yes. Poor quality aside, it's pretty sick that the Indo-Edge is only $50 cheaper, but it likely made by a small kid that got paid barely anything to make it.

Old
05-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiamde View Post
Here is some pictures of the jersey. They make mistakes similar to a fake jersey. Guess they haven't worked out all the issues yet.

https://www.facebook.com/AntiIndoEdge/photos_stream
Wait... so this is an official or licensed jersey??

Honestly, the market for knockoffs wouldn't be so massive if the companies charged a fair price for a quality product.

I have ordered official gear from nhl.com, paid 200$+ for it and was disapointed, went to a knock off site and ordered 3 jerseys for half the price and all look/felt better than the official gear.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkspleen View Post
Wow, had no idea the Reebok "Authentics" had gotten this bad, it's pretty ridiculous.
What makes it more ridiculous is that they had to create this entirely new middle ground between a 1.0 and a 2.0. Most of the league wears the 2.0 (which is made from the same material as the old 6100 airknit), some wear 1.0. No one wears Indo. To basically create this out of nothing is crazy.

And to add to it, Reebok got stuck with so many 1.0s that they ended up dumping huge quantities on SVP Sports up in Canada last summer. Included in that dumping were massive numbers of 2.0s that were going away that Reebok couldn't move any longer, everything from the Calgary Heritage Classic jerseys to the Maple Leaf ones that look like practice jerseys.

SVP was charging something like $60 a pop for these things. Fully licensed, 100% authentic, and $60.

Old
05-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Wait... so this is an official or licensed jersey??

Honestly, the market for knockoffs wouldn't be so massive if the companies charged a fair price for a quality product.
That's an Indo. Notice the lack of neck tagging (replaced by that green strip tag), and that the code is 7231A. The 1.0 is 7187A, 2.0 is 7287A. All neck tagging on the 1.0 and 2.0 says 7187A; it's the sleeve tags that are different.

Old
05-23-2013, 08:28 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Where can I find jerseys made in canada? I have authentic and replica jerseys that i've bought from the Oilers store and from Pro hockey life but they say they are made in Indonesia.

InUtero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
Where can I find jerseys made in canada? I have authentic and replica jerseys that i've bought from the Oilers store and from Pro hockey life but they say they are made in Indonesia.
Depends what team you're looking for.

MeiGray (who handles gameworns for a bunch of teams) occasionally lists surplus blanks through their eBay storefront; there are almost always some on their website in the clearance section as well. I've picked up a couple that way for less than $100 apiece.

There are a few guys in Ontario who picked up huge numbers from the SVP sale and have them on eBay. Individuals can occasionally luck into them from odd sources; I got two extremely tough ones less than a month ago this way.

You can always PM me a list of what you're looking for as well, and I can keep an eye out. Just know that a 2.0 is basically a size 52 and up; I've yet to see anything smaller (and only rarely have I seen a 52).

(Recommended simple eBay search)

Last edited by Mayor Bee: 05-23-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old
05-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Mouse21*

they are pretty much trash.

and in the Avs case, they are sickeningly ugly as well.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 01:44 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Depends what team you're looking for.

MeiGray (who handles gameworns for a bunch of teams) occasionally lists surplus blanks through their eBay storefront; there are almost always some on their website in the clearance section as well. I've picked up a couple that way for less than $100 apiece.

There are a few guys in Ontario who picked up huge numbers from the SVP sale and have them on eBay. Individuals can occasionally luck into them from odd sources; I got two extremely tough ones less than a month ago this way.

You can always PM me a list of what you're looking for as well, and I can keep an eye out. Just know that a 2.0 is basically a size 52 and up; I've yet to see anything smaller (and only rarely have I seen a 52).

(Recommended simple eBay search)
Awesome thanks for the info!

Also I'm looking for a Justin Schultz jersey

Last edited by InUtero: 05-26-2013 at 01:51 PM.
InUtero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

Sorry for the bump but, are the A and C patches on Indo Edge's full sized like they are supposed to be and not ridiculously small like the A on my premier?

Here's the A on the premier...

Last edited by Nose Face Killah: 05-29-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old
05-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
icejerseys.com & coolhockey.com claim that they sell Blackhawks Edge jerseys made in Canada with the Reebok wordmark. Can't say for certain because I haven't inquired yet.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:46 PM
michaelshu

Send a message via Yahoo to michaelshu Send a message via Skype™ to michaelshu
How much are those indo-edge ones in the states?
I can get those in around $20 - $30 but not that easy to find

michaelshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2014, 09:03 PM
puckhead1977
Rookie User

Reebok Edge

I just purchased a Reebok Authentic Patrice Bergeron. I had no idea they were produced in Indonesia. I always thought they were produced in Canada. I used to have an Reebok Edge 1.0 from 2004-05. That jersey was produced in Canada. I thought it was pretty much the same as the CCM.
The current Reebok premier jerseys are garbage. I'll never buy another one. After 1 year the numbers and patches faded. I remember how well constructed the CCM replicas were back in the 1990s.
I was googling my current jersey. I guess we're calling them indo - edge. It's totally worth the money. I love it. Reebok did an excellent job. I just don't like the premiers.

puckhead1977 is offline   Reply With Quote