HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Draft Discussion Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2013, 09:03 PM
  #526
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_robio View Post
As a mooseheads fan I've been following along the teams with the top picks to see where Mackinnon and Drouin may end up.

I can vouch for the comments above, as I was also able to witness first hand how dominant Drouin became when Mackinnon was out of the lineup in february/march

I think with Mackinnon and Frk he really focuses on being the playmaker on the line, whereas with Mackinnon out he really attacked the net a lot more. He doesnt get enough credit as a goal scorer, 41 goals in 49 games as a 17 year old ! that clip is ahead of E.Kane,Seguin,Yakupov,Mackinnon,Hall in their draft years

He has better scoring instincts than Mackinnon in that he finds the soft areas of the ice to make himself open for a pass. Mackinnon has a better shot, speed, physicality but just in term of reading the situation and getting himself open for a pass is what i'm referring to. Then he's deadly accurate with lightning quick hands around the net

The thing is he doesn't play that type of role as he spends most of his time carrying the puck, drawing defenders away and dishing passes with his incredible vision and playmaking

If you haven't seen this article, I consider this the best scouting report I've seen on both Mackinnon and Drouin and describes both their games perfectly

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1521
This. Drouin >> Nichushkin. His ceiling is through the roof and I think his potential is higher than that of anyone else in this draft. Not enough love for Drouin right now as people have seemingly settled on a lower ceiling, more NHL ready talent in Nichushkin because of Murray's comments on the top 5.

The Wyzerhood is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 10:09 PM
  #527
jg39
SFY is great
 
jg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Well...if it comes down to current jerseys, give me Nichuskin. Those Трактор (Traktor) jerseys are great. While I like the city of Halifax, Moosehead Lager (Molson Ex is way better), and the Mooseheads jerseys, there is just something about that bear that I love. There is no confusing the nationality of that bear.



Last edited by jg39: 05-22-2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: too many prepositions
jg39 is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 10:13 PM
  #528
HoseEmAllAround
Extend Matt Carle
 
HoseEmAllAround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: water spicket
Country: United States
Posts: 7,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg39 View Post
Well...if it comes down to current jerseys, give me Nichuskin. Those Трактор (Traktor) jerseys are great. While I like the city of Halifax, Moosehead Lager (Molson Ex is way better), and the Mooseheads jerseys, there is just something about that bear that I love. There is no confusing of the nationality of that bear.

I wonder why the "Traktor" is put into latin letters while nothing else is.

HoseEmAllAround is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 10:26 PM
  #529
Pontius Palat
Lurker
 
Pontius Palat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 352
vCash: 500
Since pretty much everything's been talked about already...

Nichushkin won't be in roster updates for NHL14 until he plays an NHL regular season game, which probably wouldn't be for a while. For the few of us that play those games this would be a decent perk of drafting Drouin.

Pontius Palat is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 11:04 PM
  #530
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,942
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoekkoekPuffs View Post
Since pretty much everything's been talked about already...

Nichushkin won't be in roster updates for NHL14 until he plays an NHL regular season game, which probably wouldn't be for a while. For the few of us that play those games this would be a decent perk of drafting Drouin.
I am no longer on the fence. Thank you

MattM92 is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 05:43 AM
  #531
LightningStrikes
Moderator
VL4ever
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 15,795
vCash: 50

LightningStrikes is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 01:33 PM
  #532
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
[ 2 6 ]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 25,817
vCash: 500
Some stuff from Nichushkin

http://translate.google.com/translat...663719385.html

google translated
Quote:
Ready for the tests? (at the combine)
- No, I did not prepare for them.

Why?

- I would like to approach the season in top form, and not to train now to during the season complaining of fatigue. I do not care for these tests, to be honest. For me the most important - to communicate with the clubs. This - the only goal.

After the test back to Russia?

- No, I'm staying before the draft in the United States. Start preparing for the season in a special camp.
Quote:
What are the NHL clubs already communicated?
- I know that , "Tampa Bay" and "Nashville" want me to pick in the NHL Draft. This is speaking about the commands that select among the first. Many clubs just think I am selected before they come to choose from. I also hope that the first five teams someone pick me up.

Selects the third "Tampa" said it is willing to take you, if you say that next season will play in the NHL .
- We'll see in the NHL, too clever enough people. Still a hundred times may change. It will be - so be it.

But you would be happy, perhaps, to be back on the same team with Nikita Nesterov , has signed a three-year contract with "Tampa" after the conclusion of the season in the League?
- Yes, it would be fun. After all, we talked a lot with him at the end of the season, because throughout the playoffs lived together. Nikita was on it all spring, constantly talked about how he was leaving after the season, it was evident that he was all in a rush. Although I have to be honest, I thought that the "tractor" would persuade him to stay.

Nesterov ready for the NHL, in your opinion?
- I think Nikita will succeed.
Quote:
You decide for yourself, where you will spend the next season - in "Dinamo", or in the NHL?
- I've already decided that the leave. In the "Dynamo" calmly reacted to this: I was told that I could leave if I want. There are no legal problems there. contract with "Dinamo" terminated , and I am leaving a free agent. Lucky that I went to the club to make concessions. We agreed that they would let me go, but if the ocean something goes wrong, I will immediately go back to them.
http://en.rsport.ru/hockey/20130522/663592291.html
Quote:
The Chelyabinsk native, who tallied six points in 18 games for Traktor this season, told R-Sport the Tampa Bay Lightning, who has the third pick in the draft, and the Nashville Predators, who own the fourth pick, have expressed interest.

__________________
VL4ever
"It's still All In to me dammit." - Felonious Python
TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 01:58 PM
  #533
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 11,367
vCash: 900
I laughed with this, I don't know why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichusking
We'll see in the NHL, too clever enough people. Still a hundred times may change. It will be - so be it.

Vasilevskiy is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 01:58 PM
  #534
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 25,766
vCash: 134
I... I mean, I don't exactly love what I'm hearing from the guy.

I also don't know how thrilled either Tampa or Nashville would be knowing that he's talking openly about who is scouting him, although I guess it's no surprise either. I'm banking on the fact that it's just Tampa doing their due diligence and they're still going to get whichever of the big 3 drop. I can guarantee there are Tampa scouts all over the Memorial Cup, too, so it's not like we're only interested in him.

The Macho Man is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 02:03 PM
  #535
2 Weekes Notice
Registered User
 
2 Weekes Notice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Non-traditional Land
Posts: 980
vCash: 500
Translated Russian interviews ALWAYS (unless it's Bryzgalov, because Bryzgalov) sound vaguely ominous. Is it because of the language itself, or the interview style, or the fact that most of us were born during the Cold War?

2 Weekes Notice is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 02:04 PM
  #536
Kuchertime
socktaper
 
Kuchertime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lake County
Country: United States
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kuchertime
I'm not a fan of the little I've seen of his attitude so far (I play in NHL or I go home to Russia). Maybe it's a translation thing though. I don't think I'd want a player on my team that is calling the shots though. And if we are unable to send him down to Syracuse if needed, then he's calling the shots. Seems that way.

Kuchertime is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 04:50 PM
  #537
doubledown99
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
Your guys beat writer was on Edm radio today (show called Oilers Now). He seems pretty certain that Tampa will be picking Nichuskin. You can listen to the podcast to hear it for yourself. Just google "Oilers Now"

doubledown99 is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 04:52 PM
  #538
Felonious Python
Still Drej
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 16,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
Translated Russian interviews ALWAYS (unless it's Bryzgalov, because Bryzgalov) sound vaguely ominous. Is it because of the language itself, or the interview style, or the fact that most of us were born during the Cold War?
Bryzgalov interviews look like he's undermined the validity of the translation.

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 05:19 PM
  #539
jg39
SFY is great
 
jg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
Translated Russian interviews ALWAYS (unless it's Bryzgalov, because Bryzgalov) sound vaguely ominous. Is it because of the language itself, or the interview style, or the fact that most of us were born during the Cold War?
I only took 2 semesters of Russian, but it was long enough to know that I would never be able to speak that language apart from asking necessary questions (what's your name, how are you, where is the bar/bathroom/embassy, etc). I got the alphabet and a lot of vocabulary down, but it's a difficult language to learn.

The difficulty with Russian is that speaking and conjugation are difficult, mostly because there are 6 cases in the language (nominative, genitive, dative, accusative, instrumental, and prepositional). So based on my understanding, any word can be used 6 different ways, with 6 different endings. Not just verbs, like Spanish, but nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc.

With computer translations, it's difficult to get everything just right based on the difficulties of both what case the word is used in, on top of context for why the word was used. Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
Your guys beat writer was on Edm radio today (show called Oilers Now). He seems pretty certain that Tampa will be picking Nichuskin. You can listen to the podcast to hear it for yourself. Just google "Oilers Now"
For the lazy: http://www.630ched.com/Podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=2254

May 23, "3rd half hour"

jg39 is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 05:29 PM
  #540
Crabby Williams
Registered User
 
Crabby Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
Cristodero seems to think the Lightning are adamant on drafting Nichushkin, barring any problems with his upcoming interviews.

Crabby Williams is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 05:49 PM
  #541
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,926
vCash: 500
Regardless of what Nichushkin says or means to say in interviews, it can only be translated/interpreted to mean one thing - "Fire Stevie Why and all the scouts".

The Wyzerhood is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 05:52 PM
  #542
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 21,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg39 View Post
I only took 2 semesters of Russian, but it was long enough to know that I would never be able to speak that language apart from asking necessary questions (what's your name, how are you, where is the bar/bathroom/embassy, etc). I got the alphabet and a lot of vocabulary down, but it's a difficult language to learn.

The difficulty with Russian is that speaking and conjugation are difficult, mostly because there are 6 cases in the language (nominative, genitive, dative, accusative, instrumental, and prepositional). So based on my understanding, any word can be used 6 different ways, with 6 different endings. Not just verbs, like Spanish, but nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc.

With computer translations, it's difficult to get everything just right based on the difficulties of both what case the word is used in, on top of context for why the word was used. Hope that helps.



For the lazy: http://www.630ched.com/Podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=2254

May 23, "3rd half hour"
So a 1-3-1 dig, a "tampa doesn't care about hockey" dig... might as well just play the Canadian anthem and cry over Don Cherry highlights, what a joke

Oh hang on, got a Yakupov to Stamkos comparison too, nice, and "whats wrong with Vinny?" have you even looked at the news or stats, the guy was injured, seriously though

Still All In is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 05:57 PM
  #543
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 25,766
vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Williams View Post
Cristodero seems to think the Lightning are adamant on drafting Nichushkin, barring any problems with his upcoming interviews.
I mean, the organization so far has been REALLY tight-lipped about everything that's gone on since SY got here. I just don't buy that anyone has any real inside knowledge as to what's going on outside of the guys in the room.

The Macho Man is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 05:58 PM
  #544
ThunderAlleyNomad
Registered User
 
ThunderAlleyNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 5,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
So a 1-3-1 dig, a "tampa doesn't care about hockey" dig... might as well just play the Canadian anthem and cry over Don Cherry highlights, what a joke
Yep, there's a significant chunk of my life I'll never get back. And Cristodero didn't help much.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 06:00 PM
  #545
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
I mean, the organization so far has been REALLY tight-lipped about everything that's gone on since SY got here. I just don't buy that anyone has any real inside knowledge as to what's going on outside of the guys in the room.
If you weren't aware, I believe there was some strong sarcasm in Crabby's comment .

He's firmly entrenched on the Drouigan.

The Wyzerhood is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 06:05 PM
  #546
jg39
SFY is great
 
jg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
So a 1-3-1 dig, a "tampa doesn't care about hockey" dig... might as well just play the Canadian anthem and cry over Don Cherry highlights, what a joke

Oh hang on, got a Yakupov to Stamkos comparison too, nice, and "whats wrong with Vinny?" have you even looked at the news or stats, the guy was injured, seriously though
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
Yep, there's a significant chunk of my life I'll never get back. And Cristodero didn't help much.
I got through 7 minutes, and said "I'm done here."

Glad I'm not the only one...

jg39 is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 06:08 PM
  #547
Felonious Python
Still Drej
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 16,143
vCash: 500
Could you imagine if TB had the intensity of Canadian media and SFY took Nichushkin?

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 06:12 PM
  #548
Crabby Williams
Registered User
 
Crabby Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
I mean, the organization so far has been REALLY tight-lipped about everything that's gone on since SY got here. I just don't buy that anyone has any real inside knowledge as to what's going on outside of the guys in the room.
True, they've done a good job at keeping things tight-lipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio View Post
If you weren't aware, I believe there was some strong sarcasm in Crabby's comment .


Quote:
He's firmly entrenched on the Drouigan.

Crabby Williams is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 06:15 PM
  #549
Felonious Python
Still Drej
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 16,143
vCash: 500
Who has been injured for an extended period of time this year? That seems to be important.

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 06:43 PM
  #550
Stammer Time
Sons of Pirates
 
Stammer Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,268
vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Could you imagine if TB had the intensity of Canadian media and SFY took Nichushkin?
Yzerman would have been hated by the Canadian media after the Namestnikov pick. A Russian who lives in America and speaks perfect English. The Habs would routinely get grilled for taking Americans consistently and Canada as a whole hates Russians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Who has been injured for an extended period of time this year? That seems to be important.
That would be Barkov.

Stammer Time is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.