HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PK Subban a finalist for the Norris

Old
05-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
Subban is the real deal and whether people outside of MTL like it not he is only going to get better. He is a beast that has said it more than once that he doesn't just want to be great, he wants to be the best and will do everything he can to achieve his goals.

I hope Chuck goes down to Toronto and trains with him at Laylor systems. If PK can put on 20 lbs of lean muscle in an off season on his frame Chuck can put that on easily with his regiment.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Plante
Ex Jr. B Goaler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
I don't know how people can think race plays an issue in deciding whether PK gets the Norris or not or in deciding whether someone likes the guy or not. It's 2013...we're past that ****, multicultural is a part of todays world and todays/future generations. Everyone has different coloured friends, its really a non-issue and it doesn't matter in the NHL either...whoever says black people behave more like NFL or NBA athletes because the NHL is a 'quieter league' is close-minded as **** and makes me feel sorry for them.
So... So wrong.

Try being a minority growing up, you get to see its still there in quite the abundance.

Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:33 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
LEBBRRRAAAWWNNNNN

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
I don't care much for the Norris.

As for the best defenceman category, we could say:

1- Chara
2- Letang
3- Suter
4- Subban
5- Karlsson

I hate Chara and it's an absolute pleasure to see him snap which he tends to do from times to times when one get under his skin (see: Bégin a few years ago ) but he's the full-package.
No. No. Absolutely not. Ask Penguins fans.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 06:32 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
He gets booed like Chara gets booed, it's because he's our best player. Some people read way too much into things.
Chara mostly gets booed here because he has a habit of trying (or succeeding) to cheapshot our players. I still remember Kovalev having to dodge elbows aimed at his head regularly, chara going bombs away on latendresse etc. As I recall, he was being booed here before he was a perennial Norris candidate.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Diatomic
Mitch Matthewlander

I hope he wins.

Diatomic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Chara mostly gets booed here because he has a habit of trying (or succeeding) to cheapshot our players. I still remember Kovalev having to dodge elbows aimed at his head regularly, chara going bombs away on latendresse etc. As I recall, he was being booed here before he was a perennial Norris candidate.
I started disliking Chara when he hurt Ivanans with a cheap shot:

You can actually make out Ivanans' teeth flying out after the late shot.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 07:25 PM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I don't disagree, there's been a history established, but this isn't the only rink Chara gets booed in. To me, it's a compliment when opposing fans boo you. It means you're doing something right. Steve Begin never got booed in opposing rinks. Other lesser black players aren't booed in opposing rinks.

He's booed because he's great, flamboyant, got swag and a hab. There's still some racial undertones for some. I don't deny that, but I honestly believe those ignorant folk are minority now.

He's a superstar in the making and everyone knows it.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 01:21 PM
De Montreal
help

I really hate Chara. I hate him when he was in Ottawa too. But damn he's effective at what he does.

You have to be delusional to believe Subban is much ahead of him. They have different skillset obviously but they both affect the game positively in their way.

Just imagine a pairing of Chara - Subban for a second. Yeah. On the Powerplay. On the penalty kill. At 5v5. Yeah. Yeah. You get it too now, right?

I hate him, but you have to admit the sole add of him to our blueline make our team instant contender and resolves many if not all of our flaws.

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post

Interesting endorsement from the reigning Norris champ.
He endorsed Subban only because he was outplayed by Subban...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
He endorsed Subban only because he was outplayed by Subban...
Is he going to endorse the entire Penguins defensive corpse?

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote