HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Viktor Tikhonov

Old
05-23-2013, 06:49 PM
TheNudge

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Viktor Tikhonov

He was once a highly touted prospect. Got drafted by the Phoenix in 2008, 28th overall. He made the nhl at a young age of 20 years old, the same year he was drafted.

2008- He posted 8G-8A-16pts -3 in 61 games. Then he never played a game in the nhl after that season. Why ??

Now this year in the KHL he posted 12G-15 A- 27pts in 39 gp.
Playoff- 15gp-10G-8A-18 pts

Will he ever be back ? Have anyone heard about him wanting to give it another try after such a good year in the 2nd best league in the world??

TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 06:55 PM
tfong

Not with PHO, due to how they mishandled them and I doubt PHO trades his rights very freely. I felt he had good tools, just needed proper development at the time.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 06:56 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
He was once a highly touted prospect. Got drafted by the Phoenix in 2008, 28th overall. He made the nhl at a young age of 20 years old, the same year he was drafted.

2008- He posted 8G-8A-16pts -3 in 61 games. Then he never played a game in the nhl after that season. Why ??

Now this year in the KHL he posted 12G-15 A- 27pts in 39 gp.
Playoff- 15gp-10G-8A-18 pts

Will he ever be back ? Have anyone heard about him wanting to give it another try after such a good year in the 2nd best league in the world??
He didn't want to make AHL peanuts. He'd rather get paid like a pro in the KHL. Can't blame him, really. Not sure why he wasn't given more of a shot by the Coyotes. He got a ton of PK minutes as a rookie in the NHL, too. Smart defensive player with half decent offensive upside. He had a lot of stuff he needed to work on, but he did pay SOME dues in the AHL, afterall. I have no doubt that he'd be a solid fourth line RW in the NHL today.

05-23-2013, 07:00 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Not with PHO, due to how they mishandled them and I doubt PHO trades his rights very freely. I felt he had good tools, just needed proper development at the time.
I'd say Phoenix botched the development of Turris and Boedker much worse. Tikhonov was drafted two full years after his first of eligibility. He had plenty of pro experience at the KHL level, too. He wasn't some green kid in over his head. He was very, very close to being a solid NHL player. He had some adjustments to make and a lot to learn. He needed some AHL seasoning but he wasn't interested in too much of that.

What happened was Phoenix got better as a team and no longer had a roster spot to let Viktor Tikhonov learn how to be an NHL player. Dave Tippett has said numerous times that he feels the AHL is for development and the NHL is for finished products. Argue if you'd like, but DT generally gets good results.

Tikh should've been given more of a chance, but he also should've been more willing to pay his dues in the AHL. I don't think there are any hard feelings, or anything.

Like I said, I think he's NHL ready. I hope Phoenix offers him up to a team like NJ just as a favor. I'd like to see him succeed.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 07:06 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I hope Phoenix offers him up to a team like NJ just as a favor. I'd like to see him succeed.
Too bad Tikhonov never really got a shot here. But as you explain, it wasn't really a case of botched development like with Turris and Mueller. He just kinda fell through the cracks.

I know Devils fans are salivating over Tik, so hopefully GMDM takes note and makes a trade with them (ideally for D'Agostini).

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 07:10 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

He was pretty good as a rookie. Tippett wasn't a fan of the attitude, and chased him away to Russia, where he gets paid more than the AHL. Not really a bust.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 07:36 PM
TheNudge

Will he be back in the nhl this upcoming year ??

Old
05-23-2013, 08:31 PM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

vCash: 50
All I know is that he has the weirdest hockeydb ever.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=96280

EDIT:

Dangit..

Just clicked on the link I posted and it's normal.

When I clicked on it, it was missing several years, and only showed 2007-2008 stats over and over again. Must have loaded weirdly.

ohheyhemsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 09:50 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Tik and Kovy had awesome chemistry in Russia.

wonder if NJ would take a flier on him.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:05 PM
TheNudge

That's what I heard. Hopefully he gets a shot in the nhl this upcoming year.

Old
05-24-2013, 01:18 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Tikhonov is now a free agent and when asked if he would resign with SKA he said he would wait and see. He is going to consider his NHL options this offseason...
Tikhonov was clutch in the playoffs and showed a bit of his potential, if he returns to the KHL next year he will be a star.
The problem is that he plays for SKA, the richest team in the KHL and they will easily be able to outbid any NHL offer so I think he will only return if money is not a consideration and obviously a 1 way deal.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 07:35 AM
gifted88
Dante the poet

Always liked Tikhonov, I hope the Habs offer him a contract. Much better option on the wing than someone like Moen

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote