HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Briere on TSN

Old
05-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Diatomic
~~~ NAZEM KADRI ~~~

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Wait a minute...he was on TSN...in Canada?!?!?! What about his divorce!? I thought he would never waive his NTC but now he is a Canadian broadcaster!? I can't believe he faked a concussion and refused to waive a NTC because of his kids and now he is going to be the host of Hockey Night in Canada!
Hockey Night in Canada broadcasters and hosts suck ass, I'd welcome Briere with open arms.

Diatomic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 07:38 PM
GiggityGiggityGoo

vCash: 516
I heard him on TSN 1050 Toronto today. He was talking about Bryz and the Philly media.

As much as I want him to be bought out, he is such a Pro.

GiggityGiggityGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 07:46 PM
iane
turtleneck

Briere? Get Bryz on there

iane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 09:36 PM
MP92
Ginger Jesus

He was interviewed on CSN today from the TSN studio. He said he hopes to stay but thinks he's going to get bought out. He also said Philadelphia will continue to be his home no matter what.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
He was interviewed on CSN today from the TSN studio. He said he hopes to stay but thinks he's going to get bought out. He also said Philadelphia will continue to be his home no matter what.
he's def. gunna get forced out..

hes clearly NOT going to waive his NMC.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 01:12 AM
MP92
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
he's def. gunna get forced out..

hes clearly NOT going to waive his NMC.
Yup. It's a shame too. I really like him as a person (met him a few times, most down to Earth athlete I have ever met) but he's just not a good player anymore and doesn't really fit here.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 06:06 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by iann View Post
Briere? Get Bryz on there
I'd watch.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

vCash: 50
I would love for him to come to Ottawa(he was born just across the river here). He would bring some valuable veteran leadership and help with scoring.

The best thing for the flyers is if they can trade him. Get that cap off the books and for the team he goes too his actual salary paid is very attractive. We have like 20 mill in cap space and pretty much a full roster for next season so the 6.5 doesn't even cause a dent. In real money 5 mill over the next 2 season would be sweet.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
If Ottawa is willing to trade for him and Briere waives his clause I will build an ark to transport him to Ottawa, and then tow it to the St. Lawrence River with my teeth before letting him float the rest of the way there.

Right now he's looking very washed up, and looking every bit his size. He's a buyout candidate, so any team willing to pay for him would be fantastic.

06-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
If Ottawa is willing to trade for him and Briere waives his clause I will build an ark to transport him to Ottawa, and then tow it to the St. Lawrence River with my teeth before letting him float the rest of the way there.

Right now he's looking very washed up, and looking every bit his size. He's a buyout candidate, so any team willing to pay for him would be fantastic.
It's not in Briere's interest to agree to a trade. The buyout is 100% of the $5MM owing. Then he can get paid again. Even at $2MM/yr he's better off forcing a buyout.

I'd be happy to see him settle at home in Ottawa, but really, with the additions of Conacher and Turris, they don't need any more smurfs....

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:44 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
It's not in Briere's interest to agree to a trade. The buyout is 100% of the $5MM owing. Then he can get paid again. Even at $2MM/yr he's better off forcing a buyout.

I'd be happy to see him settle at home in Ottawa, but really, with the additions of Conacher and Turris, they don't need any more smurfs....
I'm pretty sure he'd only get 2/3rds of that remaining 5 mil but yeah I get your point. If the rumors are true and Briere declined to waive for the Bruins who were offering Krug plus I will forever hate Briere. I know that's ridiculous but who ever said sports fans had to be reasonable?

Btw Turris is 6'1" and close to 200lbs. He'll learn to use his body better (cause he's too soft now) but I wouldn't consider him a smurf.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Curufinwe

The buyout is only 2/3 of the $5 million, but Briere would still be doing this if he waived.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote