HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF: (1) Chicago Blackhawks at (7) Detroit Red Wings -- Game 4 l 7 CDT

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
Blaming the refs is the easy way out. The Hawks just don't seem like they give a damn. Or they go out and get stupid penalties

Old
McDooRoo

vCash: 500
Since we are never going to get a good quality 2C how about Bowman goes out and hires somebody that is at least close to decent at PPs? This coaching staff is a bunch of damn idiots when it comes to PP and they have been. I can't recall us having a even decent PP since Q has been here.

Old
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotesfan119 View Post
Every game thread on every team's board is loaded with fans complaining that the refs are screwing their team. The Wings fans are complaining about it just as much as you guys. I'm sure the Bruins and Rangers fans are livid as well from their game today.

Can we all just agree that the refs are out to get every team and talk about other things?
Sure, go into the Coyotes board and you won't see any complaining about reffing in these playoffs.

Old
Gurth

Unless Babcock paid the refs, not sure what he's doing that's so great. The allowing of blatant, persistent interference is the main difference in this series.

So much for wanting the skill players to be able to display it.

Old
Marina
Steve Holt!

Quote:
Every game thread on every team's board is loaded with fans complaining that the refs are screwing their team. The Wings fans are complaining about it just as much as you guys. I'm sure the Bruins and Rangers fans are livid as well from their game today.

Can we all just agree that the refs are out to get every team and talk about other things?
Why the **** would Wings fans be complaining about the reffing?

Old
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:

How did your team do this year? Oh yea bad ... Go away

Old
05-23-2013, 09:02 PM
theaub
34-38-61-10-13-15

We should get Mike Smith to go flop everywhere

Old
McDooRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
Blaming the refs is the easy way out. The Hawks just don't seem like they give a damn. Or they go out and get stupid penalties
It's easy because that's whats happening. They are getting stupid penalties because the refs are calling stupid **** on the Hawks meanwhile Detroit is getting away with everything short of blatant ****

Old
BronYrAur

Hoss I totally get what you are saying. It is annoyingAF to see the Wings get away with interference off every single face off, every single time they get in our zone, every time we are trying to cycle the puck in their zone. Still, where has Hossa been? Where is Kane? Toews? Sharp? Somebody has to step up and make a great play sometimes. You have to get that big play from somebody. In game 3 it came from Kane but the Hawks got some tough luck and Datsyuk answered with his own great shot.

Hawks own ****** PP also probably creates frustration and forces guys like Toews to try to battle harder and commit penalties out of going too far trying to get the puck.

Old
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Score a ****ing goal. Simple as that. Clearly we are at big disadvantage when it comes to coaching and reffing but we need to overcome that. Score 1 f'ing goal and the game is tied.
People just don't get it. Why can't people relate to it? It's not hard.

When every ****ing minute 'penalty' is called against the Hawks, meanwhile, they have to battle through hooks, holds, interference. It's completely ridiculous. You don't expect to be involved in a series where the refs are so ****ing biased and it's extremely hard to "just play through" - and near impossible. Right now, every guy on the Hawks hates every Red Wing player, and when you see them getting away with everything, while everything's being called against you, you can't help but get frustrated.

What needs to happen is one of the players on the Hawks needs to suck it up, get suspended, and give one of the refs a two-handed slash to the teeth. Maybe they'll get the message then. Everyone knows the league won't do jack **** about it.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:03 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
I agree. The reffing has been bad but even with bad reffing we should beat the Wings.

If the Wings can score goal...we should be able to. Unfortunately we have the worst PP in the NHL at the moment and we can't buy a goal.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:03 PM
theaub
34-38-61-10-13-15

But seriously who cares if the Wings get away with everything? The only way we're scoring in this series is 5 on 5 anyways.

Everyone complained about this team being physically soft, but they look mentally soft right now which is 100x worse.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Maybe if the Wings had to kill more penalties, relative to the amount of penalties they take, it'd be more reflected in the play. But no, instead Chicago has to kill every ****ing ticky-tacky call and it's defeating when you never, ever, ever, ever get any calls. It's human nature. This is on the refs.
Do you ever hold anyone in this organization accountable? I've seen you criticize the refs more in this thread than I've seen you criticize a player, a coach or the front office in the year plus that I've been posting here.

Old
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:

you care what hawks fans are saying in the gdt on their board because...?

Old
Not Now John
We've gotta get on.

vCash: 2210
Toews is so frustrated right now, and it's rubbing off on me. I'm so pissed at Tazer right now it's unreal.

Old
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDooRoo View Post
It's easy because that's whats happening. They are getting stupid penalties because the refs are calling stupid **** on the Hawks meanwhile Detroit is getting away with everything short of blatant ****
I'm not saying the refs are doing a good job. But good teams find a way to overcome it. It doesn't help that our captain has 3 penalties

Old
ralph0226

Quote:

When every ****ing minute 'penalty' is called against the Hawks, meanwhile, they have to battle through hooks, holds, interference. It's completely ridiculous. You don't expect to be involved in a series where the refs are so ****ing biased and it's extremely hard to "just play through" - and near impossible. Right now, every guy on the Hawks hates every Red Wing player, and when you see them getting away with everything, while everything's being called against you, you can't help but get frustrated.

What needs to happen is one of the players on the Hawks needs to suck it up, get suspended, and give one of the refs a two-handed slash to the teeth. Maybe they'll get the message then. Everyone knows the league won't do jack **** about it.
I know this is a terrible thing to say, but I'd like to see one of the officials take a hard slap shot directly to the mouth.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:05 PM
Marina
Steve Holt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBH View Post
Toews is so frustrated right now, and it's rubbing off on me. I'm so pissed at Tazer right now it's unreal.
100% agree. That first high-sticking penalty was ******** but holy crap, he can't just lose it like that. He's the captain, he's supposed to set a ****ing example, not meltdown on the ice.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:05 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
One guy, make a play. Somebody, anybody. Jesus.
The Hawks signed Jesus?!

Old
05-23-2013, 09:06 PM
ralph0226

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
But seriously who cares if the Wings get away with everything? The only way we're scoring in this series is 5 on 5 anyways.

Everyone complained about this team being physically soft, but they look mentally soft right now which is 100x worse.
5 on 5 isn't working either. Only 2 goals in the last 8 periods.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:

So it's 100% the refs fault then? That's ridiculous, the Hawks own play is the main reason their losing, if they scored on these PPs or if they got a goal here or there then the bad calls wouldn't matter. The only reason we notice the bads calls is because the Hawks are playing terribly and making the bad calls stand out. Imagine if the calls where the same but the Hawks scored 2 goals and where up 2-1, would anyone notice or complain? NO.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Quote:

Nobody cares about your opinion here.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Gurth

No, it is the reffing.

You can say that they're allowing it both ways, but allowing it both ways doesn't automatically benefit both teams equally.

The Hawks are not built for this type of hockey. We all knew this and talked about it all year - for the past three years in fact.

You can't just turn from a skill/puck possession team to a mudder/grinder team because you want to. You have to have the personnel for it and we don't.

That said, it sure would be nice if our goal scorers could capitalize on a few of the chances that they're getting. A lot of you are focussing on Toews, but where are Sharp, Hossa and Kane?

NOBODY's scoring.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:08 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Do you ever hold anyone in this organization accountable? I've seen you criticize the refs more in this thread than I've seen you criticize a player, a coach or the front office in the year plus that I've been posting here.
This is a better team than the Wings. Neither PP has been effective, so blaming that doesn't mean jack ****. The Hawks have been better 5-on-5 in more of the games, outside of game 2. When the refs put away the whistles against the Wings, obviously I'm going to be pissed about it.

The Hawks are frustrated now because of the calls. You can blame them for it. I won't, because the refs aren't doing their jobs and they aren't held accountable. I'd be pissed too.

It's impossible to play your game when you have to be as concerned with the refs as Chicago's had to in this series. Impossible.

If the reffing in this series was even in fair, then players and coaches deserve blame, because they shouldn't lose to the Wings, but when it's this one-sided, I can't blame anyone but the refs. It's a complete joke.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Fire Shero*

Toews is going to shave those ridiculous wolverine side burns during the intermission and come out not playing like ****

Closed Thread