HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

UFAs, trades, and potential buyouts this summer

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 09:43 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Why are people adding in fillers? We need pure skill on this roster.

Here's breakdown of what we we are supposed to have on offense to contend:

TOP LINE CENTER:

Spezza

SECOND LINE CENTER:

Turris

TOP LINE WINGERS:

N/A

TOP 6 WINGERS:

Alfredsson
Silfverberg
Michalek?
Conacher
Hoffman

DEPTH FORWARDS:

Pageau
Zibanejad
Greening
Condra
Neil
Smith

On offense it's unbelievable clear we lack any elite wingers. We need to obtain at least 1 top end winger.

Also, we could go after Filppula who I think would be a great fit on this team and possible realistic option with Karlsson and MacLean connection.

Michalek/Conacher
1st
Smith

For Bobby Ryan/Loui Eriksson

Eriksson-Spezza-Silfverberg
Filppula-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-Pageau-Condra
Noesen-Zibanejad-Neil

Old
05-23-2013, 09:51 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
^Noesen isn't playing 4th line LW next year. Not a chance.

That isn't enough for Ryan or Eriksson either. Maybe Michalek, Conacher and a 1st.

I like these pairings, but that leaves Pageau not playing centre.

Spezza - Michalek
Turris - Alfredsson
Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Smith - Neil

Anyway. Michalek, Conacher and a 1st for Eriksson, and then sign Filppula or Dupuis would be amazing.

Eriksson - Spezza - Pageau
Filppula - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Condra - Smith - Neil
O'Brien/Kassian

or

Eriksson - Spezza - Silfverberg
Zibanejad - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Pageau - Condra
Dupuis - Smith - Neil
O'Brien/Kassian

??

Old
05-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Allaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
^Noesen isn't playing 4th line LW next year. Not a chance.

That isn't enough for Ryan or Eriksson either. Maybe Michalek, Conacher and a 1st.

I like these pairings, but that leaves Pageau not playing centre.

Spezza - Michalek
Turris - Alfredsson
Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Smith - Neil

Anyway. Michalek, Conacher and a 1st for Eriksson, and then sign Filppula or Dupuis would be amazing.

Eriksson - Spezza - Pageau
Filppula - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Condra - Smith - Neil
O'Brien/Kassian

or

Eriksson - Spezza - Silfverberg
Zibanejad - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Pageau - Condra
Dupuis - Smith - Neil
O'Brien/Kassian

??
Michalek , Conacher, and a 1st for Eriksson ? Your making this team worse !

Old
05-23-2013, 09:58 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. Conacher has been a healthy scratch. Michalek has injury concerns and I doubt he ever puts up 60 points again. Eriksson can put up 70 without a Spezza.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

If Briere is healthy then absolutely. He has a high cap hit but actual salary is only 5 million over the next 2 seasons. He would make the perfect stop gap until our younger guys get better.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:04 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
You try and trade Michalek while he still has value. The guy will be injured soon again and we'll never hear from him again. the first and conacher is great value but then again we'll be getting back one of the best 2 way players in the game. You do that every time.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:05 PM
ViCiieux

Quote:
I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. Conacher has been a healthy scratch. Michalek has injury concerns and I doubt he ever puts up 60 points again. Eriksson can put up 70 without a Spezza.
Yeah.. He've been a healthy scratch in his first year.
His sense where the puck will end up, and skating is impressive.
I wouldnt be happy if Ottawa traded him for Eriksson.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:08 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViCiieux View Post
Yeah.. He've been a healthy scratch in his first year.
His sense where the puck will end up, and skating is impressive.
I wouldnt be happy if Ottawa traded him for Eriksson.
I'd be jumping for joy. Conacher is small, his skating is not THAT good, he takes many penalties, he has questionable defensive awareness and quite frankly I was expecting him to display a higher skill level.

I'd be OK with keeping Conacher, but to not trade him for an elite player... come on

Old
05-23-2013, 10:10 PM
sensfan25

I wouldn't mind if Murray went after Mark Streit. Assuming Gonchar isn't resigned, Striet would be a good fit. There doesn't need to be any major changes in our roster, just let the young guys develop and let players such as Karlsson, Spezza, Michalek and Cowen get back to %100.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:11 PM
sensfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
If Briere is healthy then absolutely. He has a high cap hit but actual salary is only 5 million over the next 2 seasons. He would make the perfect stop gap until our younger guys get better.
Briere is a playoff warrior, i hope Murray could pry him away.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:12 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I think so many of our young players will be so much better after this playoff run this yr & will improve for next season. Turris is going to be so much better with a full yr of Spezza ahead of him. Silfverberg should break out next season & Zibanejad should take another step forward. I also expect Stone to be on the team from the start of next season & on the back end with Wiercioch will help put points on the board. I expect that Alfredsson will be back for another yr. I also expect this team to be bigger, tougher, more physical & start scoring more goals next season. Funny last yr we were near the top of the NHL in scoring & near the bottom in goals against. This yr it's the reverse, go figure, maybe next yr we will get both.

There should also be a number of UFA players available this summer & players who get bought out & players available for trade at a cheaper price. Murray could add one top six forward & one top 4 defenceman if the price is right. But even if we don't get anyone we still have a pretty good team with a yr's experience & character building under some tough circumstances. This team has the potential to be much better next season as long as we continue to get the goaltending & we have two great goaltenders.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Old
05-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Umm, no.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:00 PM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

Quote:
All right, who's the best winger that could be had for Michalek and Conacher?
I'm gonna keep mentioning Bobby Ryan, just because I think Anaheim is gonna have to do something to stay under the cap enough to give them breathing room (not only are Getzlaf and Perry's extensions kicking in, but Fowler too).

Other than that there isn't much left, maybe a guy like Perron? I'm not convinced he's a step up from Milo enough (if at all) to justify throwing in Conacher.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:11 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Disagree.

When I disagree with MAK, I usually do so vehemently, though when I agree with him, I'm also usually quite bullish in doing so.

I'd do "Michalek+Conacher+1st for Loui Eriksson" so quickly, one might need to re-evaluate Einstein's theory of relativity as it pertains to maximum velocity exceeding the speed of light.

Caveat: Eriksson is one of my favorite players in the league. Easily the most underrated player in the NHL, and an amazeballs contract to boot.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Dusty playoff Penner is a UFA. Doubt he'd want to come to ottawa but i'd like him here.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:23 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
Dusty playoff Penner is a UFA. Doubt he'd want to come to ottawa but i'd like him here.
33 points in 70 games.

Someone pleaseee get him over here. I beg you!!

You were being sarcastic right?

Old
05-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
33 points in 70 games.

Someone pleaseee get him over here. I beg you!!

You were being sarcastic right?
not sarcastic. regular season maybe not so great, but i like him in the playoffs. you're watching him now/this post season and don't like him? I'm not saying he's THE answer to anything just that he's a good playoff piece. Not a ppg guy or anything just a solid top 9 guy who scares and contributes.
6'5", gets mean and elevates in the playoffs. that's what i like.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:45 PM
StefanW
Get well, Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
I'm gonna keep mentioning Bobby Ryan, just because I think Anaheim is gonna have to do something to stay under the cap enough to give them breathing room (not only are Getzlaf and Perry's extensions kicking in, but Fowler too).

Other than that there isn't much left, maybe a guy like Perron? I'm not convinced he's a step up from Milo enough (if at all) to justify throwing in Conacher.
The trouble with Ryan is that pretty much every other team is looking to get him, so the price will be sky high. He is always good in the regular season, but his playoff stats this year are unimpressive (4 points and a +1 in 7 games) considering the cost. Those numbers reflect second line minutes that are not particularly tough, because teams key in on the Perry/Getzlaf line. If we did manage to get him he would end up on our top line, which would increase his minutes and also the quality of competition he faces night after night. If he did come onto the market I would think long and hard about whether he is worth the steep asking price.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:49 PM
EpicNeilTime

What about Horton, Clowe, or Clarkson? All big tough wingers who can chip in offense and have playoff experience. Make us harder to play against too.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:53 PM
sensfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
What about Horton, Clowe, or Clarkson? All big tough wingers who can chip in offense and have playoff experience. Make us harder to play against too.
Yes, to Horton but i think he resigns in Boston.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Iconoclast
Get back

vCash: 853
Why does everyone

A) Want to trade Conacher? It seems like you're forgetting the kid's a rookie. Rookies will make mistakes and have dry spells. Turris went how many games without a goal, should we have benched and ultimately traded him? Conacher's fast and a good skater, which is something we need.

B) Not think putting Zibby on the fourth line is a waste of his talent? Kid's not a grinder, we want offense from him.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Hale The Villain

I expect Conacher will be pushed off the roster very soon. Throw him in a package for a top line forward.

Ceci/Noesen + Conacher + 1st is a damn good package that we can put together for Eriksson, or another top line winger.

People are quick to give away Michalek, but he has looked much better with Spezza in the lineup. A season ago this guy scored 35G on Spezza's wing. I see no downside to placing him to the right of Spezza come next season.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Ed Wood

I would be more than happy to trade Mark Stone for any NHL level player either even up or as part of a package. I have no interest in watching someone that slow in a Sens uniform. Ideally I'd like us to acquire more speed both up front and on the blue line.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Mika Zibanejad
Free the Oppressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Why does everyone

A) Want to trade Conacher? It seems like you're forgetting the kid's a rookie. Rookies will make mistakes and have dry spells. Turris went how many games without a goal, should we have benched and ultimately traded him? Conacher's fast and a good skater, which is something we need.

B) Not think putting Zibby on the fourth line is a waste of his talent? Kid's not a grinder, we want offense from him.
THIS. THIS. THIS, AND THIS...

Conacher will rebound next season when he does not have pressure,
Zibby's Talents are being wasted by putting him on a line with smith and niel, hes not gonna score, and if he doesnt score, its gonna screw with his confidence, if hes not gonna have confidence he aint gonna develope, if he don't develope, he becomes a fourth liner in his prime.

I think im the only one who wants to give pageau the kadri treatment next season, make him a first liner in the ahl, give him a lot of minutes, and powerplay time over their, and then, bring him back up in the 2014-2015 season and reap the awards,

Closed Thread