HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BOS @ NYR | Still Alive

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-23-2013, 11:20 PM
  #276
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRANGERAMI View Post
They have outplayed us. Only reason we didnt lose by more in those games was because of Lundy. When he had an off nite, we lost 5-2. But have no fear the series is just getting started...LGR!!!!!!!!!
The only reason we didn't win any of those games is because of Rask, who has been pretty damn good in this series before tonight. He's been coming up with huge saves at the right moments all series so far.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:21 PM
  #277
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I really disagree with that. I don't think the Rangers have looked particularly great, but the Bruins have outplayed us for 4 periods in 4 games. The third in game 2. The 2nd and 3rd in game 3, and the 1st in game 4. Game 1 was even throughout. The first period in game 2 was even. We outplayed them in the 2nd. The first in game 3 was even. The 2nd and 3rd in game 4 were even.

I just don't feel like the Bruins have outplayed us by much in this series.

They annihilated us in 3 and OT in game 1 ESPECIALLY OT we didn't even hit the ice it was a joke.

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:22 PM
  #278
Aufheben
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 12,404
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Brassard had some just unbelievable moments out there.

Fingers really crossed he can keep it up. Would be huge for the franchise.

McD is also showing some flashes of being "a real true actual #1 dman" or whatever the HF definition is nowadays.

Thankful that we all got one more good night out of the deal.
He was by far my favorite player before challenging Brad Douchand, while it wasn't that smart, was kinda awesome.

Tonight: 2A - 25:29 TOI - 64.71% FO

Playoffs: 11GP 2G 10A (4th) 12P (5th)

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:22 PM
  #279
NYRANGERAMI*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
The only reason we didn't win any of those games is because of Rask, who has been pretty damn good in this series before tonight. He's been coming up with huge saves at the right moments all series so far.
Nah...Rask hasnt been tested until tonight..and when he was tested he tripped over his own skates...lol..Rangers havent produced much offensively. But they will now...Full speed ahead!!!!!!!!!

NYRANGERAMI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:23 PM
  #280
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Brassard had some just unbelievable moments out there.

Fingers really crossed he can keep it up. Would be huge for the franchise.

McD is also showing some flashes of being "a real true actual #1 dman" or whatever the HF definition is nowadays.

Thankful that we all got one more good night out of the deal.
OT...but are you sure that's actually Stepan in your avatar? He is number 21...but that guy is left handed. Unless the picture is mirrored...or maybe you know that's not Stepan and that's not the point.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:23 PM
  #281
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Jonathan is right both of the goals in that game were bad. he makes one of those and he doesn't have to make 15 godlike saves in OT. The best have to make 1 of those two saves in that game. The OT performance by the forwards was so atrocious that it takes the focus away from it. But two unscreened point shots beat him. one he kicks in himself. He had a poor game in that game which forced us into OT and cost us a win.
And both of you are wrong, you are taking the focus away from where it should be, he allowed 2 goals and you want to crucify him. The offense played like crap and you are giving it a pass. Had a late PP to win it in regulation and it was dreadful as usual and you don't even mention it. Humm, i wonder why.
Like I said, you guys want to live in alternate reality? go right ahead.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:25 PM
  #282
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,385
vCash: 500
Kreider has as many goals in 25 playoff games than super stud Devils star franchise Selke winner Jacob Josefson has in almost 100 games.

Josefson was stolen by Lou in the first round just a few picks after Kreider. I can't believe Sather passed on him.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:25 PM
  #283
Black Aces
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Despite how bad and weak we were (which I agree with), 2 of the 3 losses were 1 goal affairs, even with Lundqvist allowing a softy in game 1. It wasn't like Boston was blowing us out every game.
Not blowouts, but they have dominated. We barely had the puck for large parts of the series.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:29 PM
  #284
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 13,413
vCash: 500
I think Boston is good enough to get along by doing just what they have to, and the odd time, they misjudge it and cut the line of margin too thin.

May they do it again.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:30 PM
  #285
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
LOL TORTS: "He's a great player who's having a helluva time. It's not about Brad, I'm not blaming him and you can kiss my ass if you wanna write something different."

Man he really sticks by his players

Torts: "Hagelin sucks"

Oh

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:31 PM
  #286
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
CSN stats & info truck, Tuukka 12-2, 1.98 GAA, .936 Save % in non-closeout playoff games; in closeouts: 2-8, 3.20, .890 Save %
https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/statu...66765046145026

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:32 PM
  #287
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
LOL TORTS: "He's a great player who's having a helluva time. It's not about Brad, I'm not blaming him and you can kiss my ass if you wanna write something different."

Man he really sticks by his players

Torts: "Hagelin sucks"

Oh
You know that he said that Hagelin was a great player like 5 times in that press conference, right?

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:32 PM
  #288
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
And both of you are wrong, you are taking the focus away from where it should be, he allowed 2 goals and you want to crucify him. The offense played like crap and you are giving it a pass. Had a late PP to win it in regulation and it was dreadful as usual and you don't even mention it. Humm, i wonder why.
Like I said, you guys want to live in alternate reality? go right ahead.
I let in two goals on 4 shots. I still let in 2 goals right? Screw evaluating quality and objectively looking at the goals let's follow dem stats! 2.00 GAA!!!!

He was phenomenal game 1 in OT. But we should have never gotten there. Sometimes for the absolute best goalie in the world it's his job to hold a team to one goal and stop unscreened blueline shots.

Also you must have missed the times I said the exact opposite of "I pardon the offense for this joke of a performance in OT and period 3."

(Looks up a few posts on this very page of this very thread) ...oh

Also how clueless are you to say I'm crucifying Lundqvist and how absolutely ignorant are you to say I actually WANT to crucify Lundqvist. Jesus Christ white knight harder for the best goalie on earth b/c he gets criticized for legitimately screwing up


Last edited by shinchanyo: 05-23-2013 at 11:37 PM.
shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:32 PM
  #289
stasiewich
Registered User
 
stasiewich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 192
vCash: 500
It's all part of Tort's plan...
step 1- bench the Richards.
step 2- win game 4 at home to get to a game 5.
step 3- Torts places the Richards into the lineup game 5 in a top 6 role. step 4- The Richards is motivated after the game 4 scratch and plays the game of his life in game 5.
step 5- Rangers head home down 3-2 in series, The Richards has **** to prove to the fans so he adds another career game.
step 6- Rangers march down to Boston and the Richards leads the team to victory in game 7.
Miracle on Broadway complete, Torts is a genius, and they make a Brad Richards statue outside of MSG. Yes Richards should play game 5

stasiewich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:33 PM
  #290
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
OT...but are you sure that's actually Stepan in your avatar? He is number 21...but that guy is left handed. Unless the picture is mirrored...or maybe you know that's not Stepan and that's not the point.
Yea absolutely not Stepan. I started using it right before he took off in the WJCs and what can I say, I can be superstitious.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:35 PM
  #291
lbrowne
Registered User
 
lbrowne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasiewich View Post
It's all part of Tort's plan...
step 1- bench the Richards.
step 2- win game 4 at home to get to a game 5.
step 3- Torts places the Richards into the lineup game 5 in a top 6 role. step 4- The Richards is motivated after the game 4 scratch and plays the game of his life in game 5.
step 5- Rangers head home down 3-2 in series, The Richards has **** to prove to the fans so he adds another career game.
step 6- Rangers march down to Boston and the Richards leads the team to victory in game 7.
Miracle on Broadway complete, Torts is a genius, and they make a Brad Richards statue outside of MSG. Yes Richards should play game 5
Noooow we're cookin with gas!

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:36 PM
  #292
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
You know that he said that Hagelin was a great player like 5 times in that press conference, right?
Was a joke. lol

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:37 PM
  #293
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
I let in two goals on 4 shots. I still let in 2 goals right? Screw evaluating quality and objectively looking at the goals let's follow dem stats! 2.00 GAA!!!!

He was phenomenal game 1 in OT. But we should have never gotten there. Sometimes for the absolute best goalie in the world it's his job to hold a team to one goal and stop unscreened blueline shots

The game was tied early in the 3rd period, they had enough to time to score the 3rd goal. And he made some great saves to keep it tied at 2. He gave them a chance to win it. They had a PP late in regulation to win it and they failed. THAT's what cost us the game.
You can't twist facts.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:38 PM
  #294
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS
 
KotsyJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,716
vCash: 500
I still thought they weren't that good tonight. But I'll take the W.



LGR.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:38 PM
  #295
NYRANGERAMI*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,225
vCash: 500
Most important game is game 5. Rangers are in the mode of one game at a time. So looking back makes no sense, looking ahead makes no sense. But Boston they will come out stronger for game 5 than they will for game 7 if it gets that far. See they know that if they lose game 5 they go into mode of ....Oh **** were in trouble now...and they get uptight. While the Rangers are relaxed still playing one game at a time. LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYRANGERAMI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:40 PM
  #296
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 13,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasiewich View Post
It's all part of Tort's plan...
step 1- bench the Richards.
step 2- win game 4 at home to get to a game 5.
step 3- Torts places the Richards into the lineup game 5 in a top 6 role. step 4- The Richards is motivated after the game 4 scratch and plays the game of his life in game 5.
step 5- Rangers head home down 3-2 in series, The Richards has **** to prove to the fans so he adds another career game.
step 6- Rangers march down to Boston and the Richards leads the team to victory in game 7.
Miracle on Broadway complete, Torts is a genius, and they make a Brad Richards statue outside of MSG. Yes Richards should play game 5
Love the step-by-step road to glory, except for Step 3. Leave Richards where he is most effective, off the ice.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:40 PM
  #297
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
The game was tied early in the 3rd period, they had enough to time to score the 3rd goal. And he made some great saves to keep it tied at 2. He gave them a chance to win it. They had a PP late in regulation to win it and they failed. THAT's what cost us the game.
You can't twist facts.
My point: If he makes those saves we have the lead. Since he should have made those saves he gets blame.

Your point: He made great saves to keep it tied.

These are utterly independent points that do NOT conflict with one another. You can criticize him for his mistakes (which came first and cost us a win in regulation) while also recognizing that after he cost us a win in regulation he held the team in it and gave the team a chance to win it OT

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:41 PM
  #298
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasiewich View Post
It's all part of Tort's plan...
step 1- bench the Richards.
step 2- win game 4 at home to get to a game 5.
step 3- Torts places the Richards into the lineup game 5 in a top 6 role. step 4- The Richards is motivated after the game 4 scratch and plays the game of his life in game 5.
step 5- Rangers head home down 3-2 in series, The Richards has **** to prove to the fans so he adds another career game.
step 6- Rangers march down to Boston and the Richards leads the team to victory in game 7.
Miracle on Broadway complete, Torts is a genius, and they make a Brad Richards statue outside of MSG. Yes Richards should play game 5
Or Ritchie with the game winner in game 7?

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:42 PM
  #299
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Was a joke. lol
Yeah, because there was any possible way for me to know that.

Besides, you know there are plenty of jackasses on this board who think that way. Which is what makes it a good joke, I guess.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:42 PM
  #300
bmw2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
You know that he said that Hagelin was a great player like 5 times in that press conference, right?
It says a lot about Torts.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.