HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BOS @ NYR | Still Alive

Old
05-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRANGERAMI View Post
They have outplayed us. Only reason we didnt lose by more in those games was because of Lundy. When he had an off nite, we lost 5-2. But have no fear the series is just getting started...LGR!!!!!!!!!
The only reason we didn't win any of those games is because of Rask, who has been pretty damn good in this series before tonight. He's been coming up with huge saves at the right moments all series so far.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:21 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I really disagree with that. I don't think the Rangers have looked particularly great, but the Bruins have outplayed us for 4 periods in 4 games. The third in game 2. The 2nd and 3rd in game 3, and the 1st in game 4. Game 1 was even throughout. The first period in game 2 was even. We outplayed them in the 2nd. The first in game 3 was even. The 2nd and 3rd in game 4 were even.

I just don't feel like the Bruins have outplayed us by much in this series.

They annihilated us in 3 and OT in game 1 ESPECIALLY OT we didn't even hit the ice it was a joke.

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Aufheben
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Brassard had some just unbelievable moments out there.

Fingers really crossed he can keep it up. Would be huge for the franchise.

McD is also showing some flashes of being "a real true actual #1 dman" or whatever the HF definition is nowadays.

Thankful that we all got one more good night out of the deal.
He was by far my favorite player before challenging Brad Douchand, while it wasn't that smart, was kinda awesome.

Tonight: 2A - 25:29 TOI - 64.71% FO

Playoffs: 11GP 2G 10A (4th) 12P (5th)

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:22 PM
NYRANGERAMI*

Quote:
The only reason we didn't win any of those games is because of Rask, who has been pretty damn good in this series before tonight. He's been coming up with huge saves at the right moments all series so far.
Nah...Rask hasnt been tested until tonight..and when he was tested he tripped over his own skates...lol..Rangers havent produced much offensively. But they will now...Full speed ahead!!!!!!!!!

NYRANGERAMI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:23 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Brassard had some just unbelievable moments out there.

Fingers really crossed he can keep it up. Would be huge for the franchise.

McD is also showing some flashes of being "a real true actual #1 dman" or whatever the HF definition is nowadays.

Thankful that we all got one more good night out of the deal.
OT...but are you sure that's actually Stepan in your avatar? He is number 21...but that guy is left handed. Unless the picture is mirrored...or maybe you know that's not Stepan and that's not the point.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Jonathan is right both of the goals in that game were bad. he makes one of those and he doesn't have to make 15 godlike saves in OT. The best have to make 1 of those two saves in that game. The OT performance by the forwards was so atrocious that it takes the focus away from it. But two unscreened point shots beat him. one he kicks in himself. He had a poor game in that game which forced us into OT and cost us a win.
And both of you are wrong, you are taking the focus away from where it should be, he allowed 2 goals and you want to crucify him. The offense played like crap and you are giving it a pass. Had a late PP to win it in regulation and it was dreadful as usual and you don't even mention it. Humm, i wonder why.
Like I said, you guys want to live in alternate reality? go right ahead.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:25 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Kreider has as many goals in 25 playoff games than super stud Devils star franchise Selke winner Jacob Josefson has in almost 100 games.

Josefson was stolen by Lou in the first round just a few picks after Kreider. I can't believe Sather passed on him.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Black Aces

Quote:
Despite how bad and weak we were (which I agree with), 2 of the 3 losses were 1 goal affairs, even with Lundqvist allowing a softy in game 1. It wasn't like Boston was blowing us out every game.
Not blowouts, but they have dominated. We barely had the puck for large parts of the series.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:29 PM
trilobyte

I think Boston is good enough to get along by doing just what they have to, and the odd time, they misjudge it and cut the line of margin too thin.

May they do it again.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:30 PM
shinchanyo

LOL TORTS: "He's a great player who's having a helluva time. It's not about Brad, I'm not blaming him and you can kiss my ass if you wanna write something different."

Man he really sticks by his players

Torts: "Hagelin sucks"

Oh

Old
05-23-2013, 11:31 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
CSN stats & info truck, Tuukka 12-2, 1.98 GAA, .936 Save % in non-closeout playoff games; in closeouts: 2-8, 3.20, .890 Save %
https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/statu...66765046145026

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
LOL TORTS: "He's a great player who's having a helluva time. It's not about Brad, I'm not blaming him and you can kiss my ass if you wanna write something different."

Man he really sticks by his players

Torts: "Hagelin sucks"

Oh
You know that he said that Hagelin was a great player like 5 times in that press conference, right?

Old
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
And both of you are wrong, you are taking the focus away from where it should be, he allowed 2 goals and you want to crucify him. The offense played like crap and you are giving it a pass. Had a late PP to win it in regulation and it was dreadful as usual and you don't even mention it. Humm, i wonder why.
Like I said, you guys want to live in alternate reality? go right ahead.
I let in two goals on 4 shots. I still let in 2 goals right? Screw evaluating quality and objectively looking at the goals let's follow dem stats! 2.00 GAA!!!!

He was phenomenal game 1 in OT. But we should have never gotten there. Sometimes for the absolute best goalie in the world it's his job to hold a team to one goal and stop unscreened blueline shots.

Also you must have missed the times I said the exact opposite of "I pardon the offense for this joke of a performance in OT and period 3."

(Looks up a few posts on this very page of this very thread) ...oh

Also how clueless are you to say I'm crucifying Lundqvist and how absolutely ignorant are you to say I actually WANT to crucify Lundqvist. Jesus Christ white knight harder for the best goalie on earth b/c he gets criticized for legitimately screwing up

Last edited by shinchanyo: 05-23-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old
stasiewich

It's all part of Tort's plan...
step 1- bench the Richards.
step 2- win game 4 at home to get to a game 5.
step 3- Torts places the Richards into the lineup game 5 in a top 6 role. step 4- The Richards is motivated after the game 4 scratch and plays the game of his life in game 5.
step 5- Rangers head home down 3-2 in series, The Richards has **** to prove to the fans so he adds another career game.
step 6- Rangers march down to Boston and the Richards leads the team to victory in game 7.
Miracle on Broadway complete, Torts is a genius, and they make a Brad Richards statue outside of MSG. Yes Richards should play game 5

stasiewich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:33 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
OT...but are you sure that's actually Stepan in your avatar? He is number 21...but that guy is left handed. Unless the picture is mirrored...or maybe you know that's not Stepan and that's not the point.
Yea absolutely not Stepan. I started using it right before he took off in the WJCs and what can I say, I can be superstitious.

05-23-2013, 11:35 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasiewich View Post
step 3- Torts places the Richards into the lineup game 5 in a top 6 role. step 4- The Richards is motivated after the game 4 scratch and plays the game of his life in game 5.
step 5- Rangers head home down 3-2 in series, The Richards has **** to prove to the fans so he adds another career game.
step 6- Rangers march down to Boston and the Richards leads the team to victory in game 7.
Miracle on Broadway complete, Torts is a genius, and they make a Brad Richards statue outside of MSG. Yes Richards should play game 5
Noooow we're cookin with gas!

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:36 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
You know that he said that Hagelin was a great player like 5 times in that press conference, right?
Was a joke. lol

Old
05-23-2013, 11:37 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
I let in two goals on 4 shots. I still let in 2 goals right? Screw evaluating quality and objectively looking at the goals let's follow dem stats! 2.00 GAA!!!!

He was phenomenal game 1 in OT. But we should have never gotten there. Sometimes for the absolute best goalie in the world it's his job to hold a team to one goal and stop unscreened blueline shots

The game was tied early in the 3rd period, they had enough to time to score the 3rd goal. And he made some great saves to keep it tied at 2. He gave them a chance to win it. They had a PP late in regulation to win it and they failed. THAT's what cost us the game.
You can't twist facts.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:38 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

I still thought they weren't that good tonight. But I'll take the W.

LGR.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:38 PM
NYRANGERAMI*

Most important game is game 5. Rangers are in the mode of one game at a time. So looking back makes no sense, looking ahead makes no sense. But Boston they will come out stronger for game 5 than they will for game 7 if it gets that far. See they know that if they lose game 5 they go into mode of ....Oh **** were in trouble now...and they get uptight. While the Rangers are relaxed still playing one game at a time. LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYRANGERAMI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:40 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Love the step-by-step road to glory, except for Step 3. Leave Richards where he is most effective, off the ice.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:40 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
The game was tied early in the 3rd period, they had enough to time to score the 3rd goal. And he made some great saves to keep it tied at 2. He gave them a chance to win it. They had a PP late in regulation to win it and they failed. THAT's what cost us the game.
You can't twist facts.
My point: If he makes those saves we have the lead. Since he should have made those saves he gets blame.

Your point: He made great saves to keep it tied.

These are utterly independent points that do NOT conflict with one another. You can criticize him for his mistakes (which came first and cost us a win in regulation) while also recognizing that after he cost us a win in regulation he held the team in it and gave the team a chance to win it OT

Old
05-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Or Ritchie with the game winner in game 7?

Old
05-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Was a joke. lol
Yeah, because there was any possible way for me to know that.

Besides, you know there are plenty of jackasses on this board who think that way. Which is what makes it a good joke, I guess.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:42 PM
bmw2004

Quote:
It says a lot about Torts.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote