HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BOS @ NYR | Still Alive

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-23-2013, 11:14 PM
  #351
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,237
vCash: 500
Why was Hamrlik playing?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:16 PM
  #352
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
what that angle shows is one of the, if not THE softest goal ever given up in a playoff game.



2:30 in.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:17 PM
  #353
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
You can't twist facts.
You insinuate I am twisting facts.
1) This means I am assigning all of the blame to Hank and ignoring the role the offense and PP played in our loss.
2)It insinuates that I am assigning full blame to Lundqvist without blaming the F at all and
3)it also insinuates I am not giving Hank the credit he deserves for keeping us in it after the 2 goals. Now in my response I clearly reiterate I am assigning blame to the forwards as well as crediting Lundqvist when I say MY opinion which is bolded below and supported by facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Fact he let in 2 goals. Fact: he was in prime position to make those saves. Fact: he let those goals in. Fact: those two goals tied the game. Fact: if he saves one of those the game doesn't go to OT and we win in regulation. These are ALL important facts and yet you ignore them and then say I'm twisting facts?

I on the other hand said Fact: He made great saves in OT and the 3rd to keep us in it.
Opinion the offense utterly no showed and embarrassed themselves but they should have never had to play in OT if it wasn't for Hank giving up two bad goals.

See what I did there. Facts vs opinions.
Now if you actually read I have two main ideas represented in this opinion.
1) The F were garbage and failed miserably
2) Lundqvist failed first and deserves blame as well.
You have never ever said that Hank deserves any blame whatsoever during this convo. What you did instead was blindly use the 2.00 GAA stat to defend your argument and you insinuated that looking at GAA tells the whole story. When I asked you if you truly believe GAA tells the whole story you refused to answer. Now again the first main point of my opinion is that the forwards were an embarrassment. Yet you say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
One big fact you missed
Fact PP blows and costs us the game in regulation.
This would insinuate that at no point in my post do I blame the offense. As far as I know PP is part of offense. So when I say the offense was a noshow/embarrassment I would think it's painfully obvious hence my response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
the offense utterly no showed and embarrassed themselves .

See what I did there. Facts vs opinions.
Leaving out the word opinion in my last quote here has no bearing on anything.

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:17 PM
  #354
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,995
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Why was Hamrlik playing?
Stralman injured

Aside from the early penalty, he was solid

__________________
Tanner Glass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:19 PM
  #355
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post


Game 4 is complete.

The prophecy is as followed.

Millar/Roberts/Mueller are our Brassard/Stepan/Boyle

Ortiz is our Kreider.

Onto game 5.

I still get nightmares from that.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:19 PM
  #356
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
Stralman injured

Aside from the early penalty, he was solid
Any updated on him? Or should I check the thread on injuries?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:19 PM
  #357
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 2,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Something was poisonous in the CBJ culture before. JD is the perfect man to fix it, but some guys definitely needed out.
Scott howson, for one thing... lack of goaltending and very small playoff chances another.

azaloum90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:20 PM
  #358
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Can't follow your twists and turns.
Fact is the PP blowing late in regulation cost us game 1 not Hank.
Now this is your opinion. You are assigning blame to the PP and the PP and offense deserve blame. But there is reason to assign blame to Lundqvist for the unscreened undeflected goals he let in as well. You are insinuating Lundqvist gets zero blame and that these goals were not savable and were completely the F fault. You know what the reverse of that is? Lundqvist is at fault for our offense being terrible. You literally make no sense at any point and you also seem to not know opinion vs fact

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:20 PM
  #359
jacko23
KCCO!
 
jacko23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Greensboro, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
just got home from work. i work at BWW and the bartender put the game on for me. i didnt WANT to watch it, but i figured if it was on, ok. third period, i notice a family of Bruins fans from Boston at the bar. i was talking to the dad who said a Boston kid, Boyle is the reason the game was tied and i came back with "wouldnt it be great if Kreider ended it for us? hes a BC kid." not too long afterwards, im watching Kreider put it in the net and i see the dads head snap right towards me. it was awesome! haha

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:21 PM
  #360
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
Scott howson, for one thing... lack of goaltending and very small playoff chances another.
Scott Howson I buy. The goaltending and playoff chances have very little to do with what I mean by poisonous culture.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:21 PM
  #361
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Instead of enjoying this win, some are finding a way to blame Hank for game 1 loss, go figure.

You sound surprised.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:22 PM
  #362
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Any updated on him? Or should I check the thread on injuries?
You're better off asking the CIA if aliens exist

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:22 PM
  #363
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
You insinuate I am twisting facts.
1) This means I am assigning all of the blame to Hank and ignoring the role the offense and PP played in our loss.
2)It insinuates that I am assigning full blame to Lundqvist without blaming the F at all and
3)it also insinuates I am not giving Hank the credit he deserves for keeping us in it after the 2 goals. Now in my response I clearly reiterate I am assigning blame to the forwards as well as crediting Lundqvist when I say MY opinion which is bolded below and supported by facts.


Now if you actually read I have two main ideas represented in this opinion.
1) The F were garbage and failed miserably
2) Lundqvist failed first and deserves blame as well.
You have never ever said that Hank deserves any blame whatsoever during this convo. What you did instead was blindly use the 2.00 GAA stat to defend your argument and you insinuated that looking at GAA tells the whole story. When I asked you if you truly believe GAA tells the whole story you refused to answer. Now again the first main point of my opinion is that the forwards were an embarrassment. Yet you say



This would insinuate that at no point in my post do I blame the offense. As far as I know PP is part of offense. So when I say the offense was a noshow/embarrassment I would think it's painfully obvious hence my response.




Leaving out the word opinion in my last quote here has no bearing on anything.
You blamed Hank for costing us the game in regulation, i disagreed, it was the pp failing late in regulation is what cost us the game.
Simple question: In your opinion, what cost us the game in regulation, Hank or the PP?

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:24 PM
  #364
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
You sound surprised.
I was, but you are right, i shouldn't be.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:24 PM
  #365
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Now, let the Brad Richards game 5 speculation begin...

They better sit him again.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:27 PM
  #366
RothmanHockey
Registered User
 
RothmanHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Port Chester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,666
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
NEW YORK The hardest part about coming back from a three-games-to-none series deficit is taking it one game at a time.

Its not about having to win four games in a row the mountain seems too tall to climb. Its about winning a game four straight times.
http://insidehockey.com/rangers-stav...tion-in-game-4

Tortorella's defense of Richards -- which is a must-listen -- starts around 2:30 into his press conference.












RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:31 PM
  #367
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
You blamed Hank for costing us the game in regulation, i disagreed, it was the pp failing late in regulation is what cost us the game.
Simple question: In your opinion, what cost us the game in regulation, Hank or the PP?
My opinion is that Hank AND the offense are to blame. Was that REALLY not clear? What planet are you on dude? I CLARIFIED why Hank gets blame but clarifying why I think Hank gets SOME BLAME does not exonerate the forwards. The fact that I have quoted and bolded myself criticizing the forwards is also kinda important...Also the fact that I have said this about 5 times now makes me think you are a troll or many other choice insults which would get me infracted. It's an elementary school point: both groups earned blame.

You are free to disagree but it seems you are insinuating that only one thing could ever be blamed for a whole team losing a 60 minute game. There are multiple players in multiple roles with multiple jobs that they will succeed and fail at multiple times throughout the course of the game.

During this convo you have not been able to infer obvious meaning correctly from statements and you also do not understand the difference between opinion and fact. It is almost impossible to discuss anything with you if you can't do these things.

Why o you keep accusing me of blaming Hank alone and why are you not acknowledging my clarifications? Do you really not understand these very simply things?

Someone punches me in the face and I drop a vase and it breaks.

Simple question is it my fault or gravity's? Asking a terrible question is insulting and an ineffective way to debate

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:32 PM
  #368
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Why was Hamrlik playing?
What a night at the Garden! Nothing gave me more pleaseure than telling the 4 elaphant size boston Bruin fans sitting next to me particually the whale of a women that was so slopply fat she was spilling in to my seat all night to GET THE EFF OUT OF NY!

The actual quote was, hope you enjoyed NYC, now GET THE ****** OUT OF NY!

Anyway, I thought Hamrlik was solid tonight. The guy hasn't played in well over a month he comes in get's an assist. Than comes in during OT after not seeing much action in the 2nd or 3rd & uses his veteran pressence to clam everything down when we were getting out of sorts.

I gotta give mad props to Emminger to. Him& Hamerlik were caught out on the ice for what seemed like forever, I think it was almost 2 1/2 minutes & they never gave up. Instead of iceing the puck Emminger get's it out of the zone & get's an off side.

We got the change & the following shift Krieder scores.

Were still alive & heading to back to Bean town.

One game, one period, one shift at a time.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:36 PM
  #369
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
My opinion is that Hank AND the offense are to blame. Was that REALLY not clear? What planet are you on dude? I CLARIFIED why Hank gets blame but clarifying why I think Hank gets SOME BLAME does not exonerate the forwards. The fact that I have quoted and bolded myself criticizing the forwards is also kinda important...Also the fact that I have said this about 5 times now makes me think you are a troll or many other choice insults which would get me infracted. It's an elementary school point: both groups earned blame.

You are free to disagree but it seems you are insinuating that only one thing could ever be blamed for a whole team losing a 60 minute game. There are multiple players in multiple roles with multiple jobs that they will succeed and fail at multiple times throughout the course of the game.

During this convo you have not been able to infer obvious meaning correctly from statements and you also do not understand the difference between opinion and fact. It is almost impossible to discuss anything with you if you can't do these things.

Why o you keep accusing me of blaming Hank alone and why are you not acknowledging my clarifications? Do you really not understand these very simply things?
Not it was not clear. You blamed Hank exclusively. Apparently we have made some progress sine this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Jonathan is right both of the goals in that game were bad. he makes one of those and he doesn't have to make 15 godlike saves in OT. The best have to make 1 of those two saves in that game. The OT performance by the forwards was so atrocious that it takes the focus away from it. But two unscreened point shots beat him. one he kicks in himself. He had a poor game in that game which forced us into OT and cost us a win.
I am going to go a drink a cold one and enjoy this win.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:40 PM
  #370
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Not it was not clear. You blamed Hank exclusively. Apparently we have made some progress sine this post.



I am going to go a drink a cold one and enjoy this win.
You are bafflingly incapable of understanding anything.
"Godlike saves in OT"
"The OT performance by the forwards was atrocious."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I am getting trolled or you are a very very poor reader.

Also I later clarified. "Henrik cost us a win" means in regulation. I also did not say that he ALONE cost us a win. And in the 18 or so posts SINCE this first one I clearly clarified I was blaming the forwards as well. But I do feel hank deserves more blame in regulation for his bad goals. But yea even in what you quoted I am not blaming Henrik alone. You have impressed me with your troll skills/inability to comprehend information. Or maybe you've ALREADY been drinking I dunno but there's not much else that could explain your inability to fairly discuss things and understand clarifications or opinions

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:46 PM
  #371
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,585
vCash: 50
Hank let up a bad goal in game 1 to send the game into OT. However, the game isn't his fault. Had the offense put away their chances they would have given him a cushion to work with.

Stop harping on what could be if something had happened in the past. It didn't. You can't change that. Enough of the negativity for one ****ing night.

Hank is the only way we win this series. Stop getting on him, support him.

*and yes this is a general message, not directed at one specific person, but whoever is ragging on him for no reason*

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:49 PM
  #372
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Hank let up a bad goal in game 1 to send the game into OT. However, the game isn't his fault. Had the offense put away their chances they would have given him a cushion to work with.

Stop harping on what could be if something had happened in the past. It didn't. You can't change that. Enough of the negativity for one ****ing night.

Hank is the only way we win this series. Stop getting on him, support him.

*and yes this is a general message, not directed at one specific person, but whoever is ragging on him for no reason*
Jonathan said something along the lines of "We don't go to OT in game 1 except Hank let in 2 bad goals." Kwayry said that Hank shouldn't get any blame whatsoever. I said he does get blame but the forwards get blame as well.

Kwayry then accused me multiple times of blaming Hank and Hank alone so I kept trying to clarify that I was blaming both for game 1. He also kept saying I was excusing the offense in game 1 so I kept clarifying that I was indeed blaming the offense as well. He kept putting words in my mouth and kept accussing me of things I did not say and I kept clarifying. He also said Hank deserves no blame whatsoever for his goals because in the end he only let in 2. I explained why I felt you can assign some blame to a goalie even if it is a 2.00 GAA game and that stats are not everything. I had no intention of having this convo go so long but when someone cannot read basic things and constantly puts words in your mouth you have to clarify.

In the end even after clarifying MULTIPLE times he STILL ended the convo by quoting the very first thing I said, ignored all of the clarifying that I did, incorrectly paraphrased me and ran away. I want to give him one of those anime punches where the character either gets humorously launched in the distance or beaned across the back of the noggin lol

Also we are big boys you can call me out by name and I will respond, defend my position or clarify myself as necessary which I hope I did here


Last edited by shinchanyo: 05-23-2013 at 11:56 PM.
shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:54 PM
  #373
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
The only reason we didn't win any of those games is because of Rask, who has been pretty damn good in this series before tonight. He's been coming up with huge saves at the right moments all series so far.
Scratch - replied to wrong post, sorry.


Last edited by trilobyte: 05-23-2013 at 11:59 PM.
trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:57 PM
  #374
ajdj10
Registered User
 
ajdj10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Australia
Posts: 845
vCash: 500
Hopefully we sit Hank next game.
Not only is he the worst goalie in the NHL, he's the worst in the world.
Not going anywhere with him in net.

ajdj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:58 PM
  #375
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov
 
Jarkko Immonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
The key is that Henrik wear's his Ingmar Bergman/Seventh Seal mask for the rest of the series.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.