HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panther season preview on WQAM Tonight

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2006, 07:40 PM
  #1
PanthersFanatic12
Registered User
 
PanthersFanatic12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,530
vCash: 500
Panther season preview on WQAM Tonight

Its on WQAM 560am from 8pm to 10 pm for those interested in listening .

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 08:23 PM
  #2
HockeySS19
Registered User
 
HockeySS19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 500
I'm listening while I do my homework. Sounds good, thanks.

HockeySS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 09:48 PM
  #3
Clint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
Anything interesting?

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 10:07 PM
  #4
PanthersFanatic12
Registered User
 
PanthersFanatic12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,530
vCash: 500
I listened to it . they had nieuwendyk , charron , richards from the herald, dave strader . Consensus among the group , weiss, horton , olesz to have break out years . All in agreement panthers are much improved and also that the whole team seems positive and confident to start the season .

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 10:29 PM
  #5
PantherBlood6*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
i couldn't catch the entire thing, but i was rolling when goldie essentially called the 'Canes a bunch of divers...just a few minutes after their radio guy comes on and basically tells us the Luongo trade was stupid...but the team will be "much improved"...1+1=3?.

did anyone hear charron when goldie asked him about bertuzzi? im probably looking too much into it, but i was surprised when he said "he needs to change his mindset" in order for him to be successful with the panthers...or something along those lines. (reffering to martin's system...). hope there is nothing going on already, but bertuzzi has never been shy about letting his coach know he's an offense-first player...to put it gently.

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 11:08 PM
  #6
ratmanfu
Registered User
 
ratmanfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherBlood6 View Post
did anyone hear charron when goldie asked him about bertuzzi? im probably looking too much into it, but i was surprised when he said "he needs to change his mindset" in order for him to be successful with the panthers...or something along those lines. (reffering to martin's system...). hope there is nothing going on already, but bertuzzi has never been shy about letting his coach know he's an offense-first player...to put it gently.
IMO, this whole season hinges on how the Bertuzzi-Martin relationship pans out. With Keenan out of the picture, it will be interesting to see if Martin utilizes Bert accordingly, and if Bert responds to Martin's directives.

I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic above the whole thing, but I'm afraid this relationship will sour at some point in the season and a ripple effect may be felt in the lockerroom.

The only thing that could alleviate potential tension is to pile on more wins than losses.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 12:21 AM
  #7
PantherBlood6*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatmanReturns View Post
IMO, this whole season hinges on how the Bertuzzi-Martin relationship pans out. With Keenan out of the picture, it will be interesting to see if Martin utilizes Bert accordingly, and if Bert responds to Martin's directives.

I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic above the whole thing, but I'm afraid this relationship will sour at some point in the season and a ripple effect may be felt in the lockerroom.

The only thing that could alleviate potential tension is to pile on more wins than losses.
its a concern for me as well...although even if they don't get along, i don't think it guarantees failure...not as long as it doesn't elevate into something ridiculous. look at the marlins situation...they had a cloud over their heads the second half of the season and it didn't keep them from competing down the stretch (until the very end).

hopefully it just won't be an issue.....

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 09:33 AM
  #8
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFanatic12 View Post
I listened to it . they had nieuwendyk , charron , richards from the herald, dave strader . Consensus among the group , weiss, horton , olesz to have break out years . All in agreement panthers are much improved and also that the whole team seems positive and confident to start the season .
AHHHHHHHHHHHh - I missed my Joey and GR. Bummer. I can't believe they didn't mention how my support is instrumental to the success of the team.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.