HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panther season preview on WQAM Tonight

Old
10-03-2006, 07:40 PM
PanthersFanatic12

vCash: 500
Panther season preview on WQAM Tonight

Its on WQAM 560am from 8pm to 10 pm for those interested in listening .

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 08:23 PM
HockeySS19

I'm listening while I do my homework. Sounds good, thanks.

HockeySS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Anything interesting?

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 10:07 PM
PanthersFanatic12

I listened to it . they had nieuwendyk , charron , richards from the herald, dave strader . Consensus among the group , weiss, horton , olesz to have break out years . All in agreement panthers are much improved and also that the whole team seems positive and confident to start the season .

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 10:29 PM
PantherBlood6*

i couldn't catch the entire thing, but i was rolling when goldie essentially called the 'Canes a bunch of divers...just a few minutes after their radio guy comes on and basically tells us the Luongo trade was stupid...but the team will be "much improved"...1+1=3?.

did anyone hear charron when goldie asked him about bertuzzi? im probably looking too much into it, but i was surprised when he said "he needs to change his mindset" in order for him to be successful with the panthers...or something along those lines. (reffering to martin's system...). hope there is nothing going on already, but bertuzzi has never been shy about letting his coach know he's an offense-first player...to put it gently.

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 11:08 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherBlood6 View Post
did anyone hear charron when goldie asked him about bertuzzi? im probably looking too much into it, but i was surprised when he said "he needs to change his mindset" in order for him to be successful with the panthers...or something along those lines. (reffering to martin's system...). hope there is nothing going on already, but bertuzzi has never been shy about letting his coach know he's an offense-first player...to put it gently.
IMO, this whole season hinges on how the Bertuzzi-Martin relationship pans out. With Keenan out of the picture, it will be interesting to see if Martin utilizes Bert accordingly, and if Bert responds to Martin's directives.

I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic above the whole thing, but I'm afraid this relationship will sour at some point in the season and a ripple effect may be felt in the lockerroom.

The only thing that could alleviate potential tension is to pile on more wins than losses.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 12:21 AM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatmanReturns View Post
IMO, this whole season hinges on how the Bertuzzi-Martin relationship pans out. With Keenan out of the picture, it will be interesting to see if Martin utilizes Bert accordingly, and if Bert responds to Martin's directives.

I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic above the whole thing, but I'm afraid this relationship will sour at some point in the season and a ripple effect may be felt in the lockerroom.

The only thing that could alleviate potential tension is to pile on more wins than losses.
its a concern for me as well...although even if they don't get along, i don't think it guarantees failure...not as long as it doesn't elevate into something ridiculous. look at the marlins situation...they had a cloud over their heads the second half of the season and it didn't keep them from competing down the stretch (until the very end).

hopefully it just won't be an issue.....

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFanatic12 View Post
I listened to it . they had nieuwendyk , charron , richards from the herald, dave strader . Consensus among the group , weiss, horton , olesz to have break out years . All in agreement panthers are much improved and also that the whole team seems positive and confident to start the season .
AHHHHHHHHHHHh - I missed my Joey and GR. Bummer. I can't believe they didn't mention how my support is instrumental to the success of the team.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote