HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 7/3) *Part IV*

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-23-2013, 03:16 PM
  #126
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
Clean hit? He got thrown out for that hit



That was what a user on Drop Your Gloves posted for the hit.
About as clean of a hit you can make. The guy didnt have his head up. Point of impact was shoulder.

He was thrown out cause the guy cried on the ice.

Green Blob* is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 04:17 PM
  #127
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
is he physical?? how is he along the boards and does he block shots lol i know he has a good 2 way game but if he has a little edge to his game, it cant hurt...

he does not hit very much. he hits sometimes. some of his hits are really hard. against denmark in world championship he had a huge hit. and in wjc some years ago he laid a huge hit on a usa defender.


Last edited by landskronala: 05-23-2013 at 04:30 PM.
TheFatOne is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 04:26 PM
  #128
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
fasth on the other hand, hits more. but not very hard. he is like hagelin. full of energy. and calle andersson is physical in some games but soft others, very incosistent.


Last edited by landskronala: 05-23-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: the other swedes
TheFatOne is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 04:33 PM
  #129
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
he does not hit very much. he hits sometimes. some of his hits are really hard. against denmark in world championship he had a huge hit. and in wjc some years ago he laid a huge hit on a usa defender.
what NHL player do you compare Fasth and Lindberg too?? Lindberg maybe Sami Pahlsson and Fasth maybe Marek Svatos i havent seen much of Lindberg and Fasth.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 03:32 AM
  #130
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
what NHL player do you compare Fasth and Lindberg too?? Lindberg maybe Sami Pahlsson and Fasth maybe Marek Svatos i havent seen much of Lindberg and Fasth.


fasth is like hagelin. lindberg...not sure. he have his own style.

TheFatOne is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 06:34 AM
  #131
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
fasth is like hagelin. lindberg...not sure. he have his own style.
I read that he's more skilled than Hagelin though, true?

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 12:00 PM
  #132
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I read that he's more skilled than Hagelin though, true?
Fasth? Yes, but not as fast as Hagelin.

Lindberg reminds me of Derek Stepan in his rookie and sophomore years except faster and a little bit lankier. Who knows what his offensive potential is. He's still developing.

3rd Guy High is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 12:28 PM
  #133
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,229
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Guy High View Post
Fasth? Yes, but not as fast as Hagelin.

Lindberg reminds me of Derek Stepan in his rookie and sophomore years except faster and a little bit lankier. Who knows what his offensive potential is. He's still developing.
Stepan? No. I don't see it. He's far more developed defensively than Stepan and is nowhere near the offensive player he was. I think you're going to be really disappointed if you think you will see a Stepan clone.

I love Lindberg. He's my top prospect in our system. But I don't see much relation to Stepan.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 12:40 PM
  #134
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Stepan? No. I don't see it. He's far more developed defensively than Stepan and is nowhere near the offensive player he was. I think you're going to be really disappointed if you think you will see a Stepan clone.

I love Lindberg. He's my top prospect in our system. But I don't see much relation to Stepan.
I still think he reminds me of O'Reilly.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
05-24-2013, 12:42 PM
  #135
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Stepan? No. I don't see it. He's far more developed defensively than Stepan and is nowhere near the offensive player he was. I think you're going to be really disappointed if you think you will see a Stepan clone.

I love Lindberg. He's my top prospect in our system. But I don't see much relation to Stepan.
Interesting, because Stepan was flat out fantastic defensively before he made the big club.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 12:44 PM
  #136
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,229
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Interesting, because Stepan was flat out fantastic defensively before he made the big club.
Disagreed. He was solid if unspectacular. However, he is slowly developing into a fantastic defensive player. Keep in mind the OP wrote about comparing Lindberg to Stepan's "rookie and sophomore years" where he was still relatively undeveloped defensively.

I think there is an exponential difference between his defense this year and his rookie year and a large step up from last year to this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I still think he reminds me of O'Reilly.
I can see it.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 12:52 PM
  #137
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Disagreed. He was solid if unspectacular. However, he is slowly developing into a fantastic defensive player. Keep in mind the OP wrote about comparing Lindberg to Stepan's "rookie and sophomore years" where he was still relatively undeveloped defensively.

I think there is an exponential difference between his defense this year and his rookie year and a large step up from last year to this year.



I can see it.
As a pro I definitely agree. I thought we were comparing their defensive games as prospects. Stepans penalty killing in the WJC was scary good. That's what put him over the top as not only the best player at that years tournament, but the best in recent memory.

If Lindberg is significantly more developed defensively consider me excited.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 12:54 PM
  #138
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
As a pro I definitely agree. I thought we were comparing their defensive games as prospects. Stepans penalty killing in the WJC was scary good. That's what put him over the top as not only the best player at that years tournament, but the best in recent memory.

If Lindberg is significantly better defensively consider me excited.
Be excited.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
05-24-2013, 01:16 PM
  #139
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,229
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
As a pro I definitely agree. I thought we were comparing their defensive games as prospects. Stepans penalty killing in the WJC was scary good. That's what put him over the top as not only the best player at that years tournament, but the best in recent memory.

If Lindberg is significantly more developed defensively consider me excited.
I think Lindberg is a much better defensive player as a prospect than Stepan. I would have said the same thing last year, too.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 02:32 PM
  #140
greenday
Registered User
 
greenday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Season All Star Team 2012/2013 were:

goalkeeper:
Joacim Eriksson, Skelleftea AIK, 11 votes
Back:
Magnus Nygren, Detroit Red Wings, 8 votes
Back:
Staffan Kronwall, Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, 14 votes
Forward:
Jimmie Ericsson, Skellefteå AIK, 15 votes
Forward:
Oscar Lindberg, Skelleftea AIK, 12 votes
Forward:
Carl Soderberg, Linköping HC, 13 votes

The vote was Swedish player's efforts in Swedish, Russian or European national series and the Tre Kronor internationals, EHT tournaments and World Cup.

http://www.swehockey.se/Startsidesny...ongen20122013/

greenday is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 02:35 PM
  #141
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,608
vCash: 500
We really have a gem in Oscar.

And to think we got him for Ethan Werek.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 02:53 PM
  #142
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
We really have a gem in Oscar.

And to think we got him for Ethan Werek.
one of those trades that no one had a clue why it was done at the time but could pay off big time... Lindberg looks more of an NHL player over Werek...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 03:10 PM
  #143
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Stepan? No. I don't see it. He's far more developed defensively than Stepan and is nowhere near the offensive player he was. I think you're going to be really disappointed if you think you will see a Stepan clone.

I love Lindberg. He's my top prospect in our system. But I don't see much relation to Stepan.
He relates to Stepan in that he takes no shortcuts when it comes to the defensive side of the game. I am not expecting a clone at all.

Stepans defensive game was the thing that kept him in the NHL last year when he had something like 1 point in 23 games. Lets not understate how good he was defensively last year.

I am not expecting a Stepan clone, I just see a lot of Stepan-like qualities in him. You also have to take into account Lindberg played in a pro league last year.

Maybe O'Reilly is a more similar comparison, but I think in year one we will see an inconsistent player offensively that is very reliable on the defensive side of the puck much like Stepan was in year 1 and 2.

From there, it's anyone's guess what Lindberg can turn into. He is still developing, much like Stepan is. If someone would have told you a year ago Lindberg was going to win the SEL playoffs MVP you probably would have called them crazy.

3rd Guy High is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 03:34 PM
  #144
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
one of those trades that no one had a clue why it was done at the time but could pay off big time... Lindberg looks more of an NHL player over Werek...
I called it way back when. I wanted Lindberg in his draft year. Loved it at the time. I knew he had some offense in him, granted not as much as he has shown, but his hockey IQ was very good and he was strong on his skates and he knew the defensive side of the puck VERY well for a player his age already. Normally that means the kid knows hockey pretty well and will most likely be able to bring more offense as he develops and gets more comfortable.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
05-24-2013, 03:45 PM
  #145
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
one of those trades that no one had a clue why it was done at the time but could pay off big time... Lindberg looks more of an NHL player over Werek...
Understatement of the year

Was never a fan of Werek.

Green Blob* is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 03:55 PM
  #146
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
one of those trades that no one had a clue why it was done at the time but could pay off big time... Lindberg looks more of an NHL player over Werek...
Seemed like a lateral move at the time, Werek's offense for Lindberg's defense. I liked that we were acquiring a guy who looks like a natural Center, we have been weak on natural centers since I could remember. As far as comparisons, O'reilly is a good one, but I always say once a player gets to the big league they have elements of more than one player, very rare when any two hockey players are totally alike, though some goons and tweeners could be easily classified in that regard. I saw elements of Jon Toews in OL's game this year. Of course that doesn't mean he's gonna be that exact player, but he has it in him to bring that kind of game

This year I could see early on he was gonna have a special year. Just looks like the guy who wants the puck and better yet puts himself in position for the puck to find him. Plus he's a force in the dot. If he doesn't play the majority of 3rd line Center minutes next year I'll be surprised.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 07:23 PM
  #147
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Wasn't that impressed with McColgan, looked like MSC of last yr, please don't waste contact on him. Nicholls was good however.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 07:25 PM
  #148
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Wasn't that impressed with McColgan, looked like MSC of last yr, please don't waste contact on him. Nicholls was good however.
When do the Rangers have to make decisions on McColgan and Noreau, by July 1?

17futurecap is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 09:14 PM
  #149
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
When do the Rangers have to make decisions on McColgan and Noreau, by July 1?
I think around June 25th because the draft is June 30th this year..all one day.

I think if they don't sign them then they can be drafted again and if no one drafts them as overage players, they're UFAs.

I would assume that Noreau gets signed because he's come a long way from Day 1, and has done everything the organization has asked of him. Plus he's big and can fight and the Rangers need defensive prospects.

McColgan I'm not too sure about.

White Plains Batman is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 09:26 PM
  #150
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
I think around June 25th because the draft is June 30th this year..all one day.

I think if they don't sign them then they can be drafted again and if no one drafts them as overage players, they're UFAs.

I would assume that Noreau gets signed because he's come a long way from Day 1, and has done everything the organization has asked of him. Plus he's big and can fight and the Rangers need defensive prospects.

McColgan I'm not too sure about.
i can see McColgan and Noreau get a contract and Peter Ceresnak not be signed and some depth AHL guys like Wilson Bourque Vernace traded

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.