HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mats Zuccarello-Awesome Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2013, 07:58 AM
  #126
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
12 mins ice time and a -2 rating..

Not a good night for the zukester..
Well he also had a beautiful pass to Nash and Nash didnt score.

Maybe Zuke shouldve blocked the first shot (if im not mistaken he played with Del Zotto, Richards and Asham. I blame torts for that goal, because he screws up the lines), but at the same time our Ds blocked Hanks view. On the second goal our D screwed up. The bruins got two huge scoring opportunities, but Hank saved the team. The Bruins also had a shot in the post. Zuke wasnt on the ice on those 3 opportunities. But he was on the ice when the Bruins scored. Its about bad luck and nothing else.

We lost the game, because we spent to much time in our own zone. Stepan, Cally and Hagelin couldnt create any scoring opportunities. Nash, Brassard and Zuke created offense, but they are not good enough on defense. In the 3rd Torts reunited those 3 offensive guys and we could put some pressure on the bruins. We lost because we didnt have a scoring line. Putting Nash together With Stepan and Cally dosent work. Zuke of the 4th line is completly stupid. Thats why we lost. I said it in the gdt that the bruins will score and we need to score several goals.

TollefsenFan is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 08:13 AM
  #127
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
He had a real stinker last night. I wonder if he's starting to feel fatigued after a long season. He had a few injuries this season in russia, but still played 44 regular season games and 7 playoff games before going off to a short training camp with the national team and then heading to the US.

It didn't show up vs Washington, but the Bruins physical play seems to have him overmatched.

That being said I thought he was better when he came back from the fourth line to the second in the third. His line actually came close to doing something.
Just like the rest of the team. Face it Hank saved this team and gave us a chance to win. We still failed. The bruins got two huge scoring opportunities alone vs Hank. They also had a shot in the post. And they outshot us at the MSG. Zuke played a little on the PP, a little with Brassard and on the 4th line for two periods last night. Why? Zuke has played great with Nash and had an assist on Nashs goal in the second game vs Boston. Torts then put Nash together with Stepan and Cally. Why does Torts change the lines all the ****ing time. Thats why we lost.

TollefsenFan is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 08:14 AM
  #128
Idlerlee
Tanner Nash
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 145
Sometimes, everything fits, sometimes.. it doesn't.

If the whole team is having a bad day, it is too unrealistic to expect one tiny guy to marshal a stellar performance when his linesmates isn't providing the help he needs, and vice versa.

Zucc's play has been a lot better than anyone expected, and thus the expectations on him grows beyond reasonable proportions.

He wasn't *bad* last night, but he could have been better. And that is the story for pretty much the entire team. Both he, and many else will have days such as this and its just something we'll have to live with.

He was benched after the 2nd period giveaway last night as well, it might have riled up his confidence a bit.

Idlerlee is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 08:19 AM
  #129
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,928
vCash: 500
He would be a very good complimentary piece. Unfortunately, due to the lack of creativity and offensive skills on this team, he is looked at as a key producer. He won't be that. He would be a great compliment to a couple of power forwards. Boyle and Dorsett?

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 01:20 PM
  #130
CheeseTortorella
Registered User
 
CheeseTortorella's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 732
vCash: 500
Absolutely love what Zuccs has been doing for the team. Sure, he has few sub-par performances, but for the most part, he's a play-maker.

He also loves to stare people down that are a foot taller than him.

CheeseTortorella is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 04:23 PM
  #131
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper
 
Norwegian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Asker, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
He had a few giveaways, but he wasnt the only one. This was maybe his worst game since he came back, still he created a few exellent scoringchanches for him self and his teammates. I choose to flip this around, Zuccarello only got 12 mins of icetime -> the Rangers played one of their worst games. #Homer

Norwegian is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 05:26 PM
  #132
Zamboner
Your move, creep.
 
Zamboner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,901
vCash: 500
I'm pretty indifferent to Mats. Don't have a strong opinion about him either way. When I watch him play, I find the "soft" label his detractors put on him laughable. But I also don't think he's nearly as skilled as the Zuccaholics claim he is. When he plays Top 6, I'm not angry. If he never played Top 6 again, I'm still not angry.

Zamboner is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 09:00 PM
  #133
Suzpaz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
I just think that if Zucc played on another team he would perform so much better. He's always getting the puck on center ice by the boards, which everyone knows isn't really his strong suit. Rangers like to do board play, which he is ill suited for. I'm looking at how Boston plays, with passes through the center when building plays, creating openings (and time) for passes and shots, and I can't help but think Zucc would just be awesome in such a team.

Suzpaz is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 09:11 PM
  #134
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper
 
Norwegian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Asker, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzpaz View Post
I just think that if Zucc played on another team he would perform so much better. He's always getting the puck on center ice by the boards, which everyone knows isn't really his strong suit. Rangers like to do board play, which he is ill suited for. I'm looking at how Boston plays, with passes through the center when building plays, creating openings (and time) for passes and shots, and I can't help but think Zucc would just be awesome in such a team.
He has been awesome for this team to, so yes just imagine. Tonight he provided scoring chances for his linemates on several occasions unfortunately those linemates were named Boyle and Pyatt. Someone has to help Torts put the lines together. Its just sad

Norwegian is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 09:59 PM
  #135
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
He has been awesome for this team to, so yes just imagine. Tonight he provided scoring chances for his linemates on several occasions unfortunately those linemates were named Boyle and Pyatt. Someone has to help Torts put the lines together. Its just sad
Wow, 15 minutes after a huge playoff win and you're complaining?

How about a little credit for Tortorella--Boyle scored on the power play and Kreider playing with Nash and Bassard scored the game winner. Zucc worked hard during the game, that's all that should matter.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 10:17 PM
  #136
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper
 
Norwegian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Asker, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Wow, 15 minutes after a huge playoff win and you're complaining?

How about a little credit for Tortorella--Boyle scored on the power play and Kreider playing with Nash and Bassard scored the game winner. Zucc worked hard during the game, that's all that should matter.
True! I just feel this team could do so much better and that annoys me. I will not give Torts any credit cause he is the reason why in my opinion. Kreider and Boyle

Norwegian is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 02:02 AM
  #137
TigerJack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Another good game by Zucc. He just proves that he is an asset to this team, no matter who he plays with. If he plays 12 minutes or 20, he always contibutes with his offensive skill.

He has obvious lacks defensively, but this will improve along the way.

He is a team player, and I actually believe him when he says that he don´t give a crap about his own points as long as the team wins and he contributes. But it sure would be deserved if he could score the game winner in a game.

Btw, Zuke has been on the ice on every PP goal for Rangers these playoffs. Only 3 goals, but still, no coincidence.

TigerJack is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 02:48 AM
  #138
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
Another good game by Zucc. He just proves that he is an asset to this team, no matter who he plays with. If he plays 12 minutes or 20, he always contibutes with his offensive skill.

He has obvious lacks defensively, but this will improve along the way.

He is a team player, and I actually believe him when he says that he don´t give a crap about his own points as long as the team wins and he contributes. But it sure would be deserved if he could score the game winner in a game.

Btw, Zuke has been on the ice on every PP goal for Rangers these playoffs. Only 3 goals, but still, no coincidence.
Unfortunately,I miss this game, but I jinxed it by putting all my vCash on Boston .

If what you say is true, then why does he get only 10 minutes of TOI?
He seems to struggle more against Bruins than the Capitals. Seems more outmuscled maybe?

fredrikstad is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 02:50 AM
  #139
Alvvays
Man Girardi
 
Alvvays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,250
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Unfortunately,I miss this game, but I jinxed it by putting all my vCash on Boston .

If what you say is true, then why does he get only 10 minutes of TOI?
He seems to struggle more against Bruins than the Capitals. Seems more outmuscled maybe?
Kreider took his spot in the top-6 tonight. Makes sense considering Kreider's size (also because he played extremely well and got the OT goal).

Zuccarello played well, but man, he does look over-matched out there. Still doing some nice things with the puck, though, and I have faith in him continuing to improve his game. He's still inexperienced.

__________________
Soon.
Alvvays is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 03:31 AM
  #140
KenGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Kreider took his spot in the top-6 tonight. Makes sense considering Kreider's size (also because he played extremely well and got the OT goal).

Zuccarello played well, but man, he does look over-matched out there. Still doing some nice things with the puck, though, and I have faith in him continuing to improve his game. He's still inexperienced.

Agree with you. Boston is probably the worst team for Mats to play against (with the Rangers). He gets outmuscled. But as you say it is good experience for him and he is still developing. I dont think he will get much icetime the rest of this series though.

KenGuru is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 04:46 AM
  #141
92hatchattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Wow, 15 minutes after a huge playoff win and you're complaining?

How about a little credit for Tortorella--Boyle scored on the power play and Kreider playing with Nash and Bassard scored the game winner. Zucc worked hard during the game, that's all that should matter.
Give Tortorella credit for what? Picking lines out of his magic hat? Give me a break.

92hatchattack is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 04:49 AM
  #142
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
Give Tortorella credit for what? Picking lines out of his magic hat? Give me a break.
True. It's got nothing to do with skill if you keep shuffling until you get it right

Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 06:17 AM
  #143
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 14,060
vCash: 500
I think that, going forward, the ideal role for Zucc will be on RW next to Brassard, with a physical LW (Clowe if he re-signs?)

jas is online now  
Old
05-24-2013, 08:05 AM
  #144
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Think makes perfect sense to play him a bit less against Boston. Good thing is that he has established himself on the team and will have ample time to develop next season, without the stress of being sent to Hartford after a bad pass. He should presumably be more valuable in the regular season with less grit and SOs too, so just impressed by what he has been able to do in these series.
I have watched all of the game since his return a part from 2. game in Chicago, 3. period of 3. game against Bruins and 3 period and OT yesterday, and everytime I don't watch he's crap, or insignificant. Saturday I will not be able to wacth and I will be drunk too, and a bit worried how this will affect his game. Good thing it's fairly close to Harford.

Ilovemymum is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 10:12 AM
  #145
Idlerlee
Tanner Nash
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 145
This is also Zucca's first PO series (well he got one match last season but that doesn't really count as a series), and he's done more than most expected.

Moving Zucc down to the third line wasn't such a bad call, he had a good game and torts will see that. Ideally his place is with Nash and Brass but considering the team we are playing, Kreider is probably more suitable for that slot until an eventual next matchup.

Also he got another Hit on Chara last night, which is making it into a bit of a amusing David v. Goliath tradition

Idlerlee is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 11:05 AM
  #146
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard View Post
True. It's got nothing to do with skill if you keep shuffling until you get it right
Didn't lool like a pp goal. Even a stopped watch is correct twice in 24 h, and same goes for the pp around here. 2 goals in the first hour?

Ilovemymum is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 11:41 AM
  #147
Artemia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
He should be on the first PP lineup though. Ridiculous he hasnt been lately.

Artemia is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.