HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

BOS @ NYR | Still Alive

Old
05-24-2013, 06:24 AM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
Dude, I know this is a messageboard and you are entitled to have your arguments with people, but you are SUPER hung up on getting approval from people in like every thread. Not everyone is going to agree with you or like you - let it go.

I'm trying to read people's opinions on THIS game and your comments one Game 1 took up like half the fricken thread. There is a Lundqvist only thread, ya know...
I NEVER intended to go this far with it but what the hell I literally say I blame both Hank and the offense. He couldn't grasp the idea of sharing blame so I said "Ok maybe I screwed up" to myself and clarified. After wasting all of my time clarifying it was frustrating to have him continually ignore it and not back up what he was saying. If I was here for approval I'd have prob stopped a long time ago. Confronting and argueing with people is certainly not a good way to gain approval.

I didn't even start the convo I have no idea why game 1 was brought up at all but I offered my opinion and clarification and backed it up when challenged. I'm not sitting here saying I am right or he's a moron or any of that. I do like (especially when someone disagrees with me) to hear why they formed their opinion and have no problem calling people out if they cannot support their opinion and yet present their opinion as fact. WHy else am I here if not for hockey discussion and to voice my opinions while trying to understand others? Besides all of the opinions on the game get offered in the first few hours after the game. There aren't many people left at 1 a.m.

Last edited by shinchanyo: 05-24-2013 at 07:01 AM.
shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 06:56 AM
blue425

I got to see the Rangers win a playoff OT game again.

And I get to watch at least one more on Saturday.

Right now I'll take it.

blue425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 07:14 AM
ZacUSNYR

All Kreider did was put his stick down and skate towards the net. Give Nash *some* credit in that goal.

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 07:19 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacUSNYR View Post
All Kreider did was put his stick down and skate towards the net. Give Nash *some* credit in that goal.
The same thing Marchand did on his game winner in Game 1.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 07:23 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
I was in a bar with a friend of mine who is a huge basketball fan and doesn't know much about hockey (though he roots for the Rangers). Anyway, I kinda needled him saying that you'll never a see a play that nice in a basketball game. He AGREED, and was floored with the pass and asked if it was on purpose (he even noticed it go through Chara's legs and I didn't). He said "you must have some good skills to play hockey".

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Squirrell71
Offensive

Hey, you guys have a gif of the first goal last night? For some reason its not on our boards. lol

Squirrell71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I was in a bar with a friend of mine who is a huge basketball fan and doesn't know much about hockey (though he roots for the Rangers). Anyway, I kinda needled him saying that you'll never a see a play that nice in a basketball game. He AGREED, and was floored with the pass and asked if it was on purpose (he even noticed it go through Chara's legs and I didn't). He said "you must have some good skills to play hockey".
I thought it went to the outside of Chara's right skate?

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Graves94

[QUOTE=Ola;66530681]Boston is not unbeatable. Their defense have stood up well, because they have not been tested. They get offense, because we hand them the entire ice.
We haven't rattled them yet, but we got a chance on Saturday to do some damage. If we somehow win G5, we are just two "Hanks" from the ECF. [/QUO

Exactly!
We can't play a grind it out game along the boards, because they're more balanced, bigger and stronger than we are. Let's "try" to open it up and trade chances with them, we'll have a better shot to win, since we have Hank in net. That's how the Leafs played them (I know we're not as fast as the Leafs), we need to play a smart game.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 07:52 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
I thought it went to the outside of Chara's right skate?
it did but shut up don't you dare ruin this for his friend!

Old
05-24-2013, 07:56 AM
eco's bones

Couple observations. I'm pretty much okay with Eminger as our No.6 guy--but as a top 4 defenseman that's a problem. I miss Stralman already. Hamrlik I suppose was a better option than Gilroy or Bickel--kind of thinking though if you wanted all in--turn up the heat the Rangers would give Mcilrath a shot.

I don't know if Asham deserved being scratched (he's had some nice moments for us in the playoffs) but the Rangers had a better forecheck out of their 4th line by far last night with the new line of Newbury, Dorsett and Haley. I liked that line--there was a lot more of a push back. Richards was just not doing it in any capacity.

After Lundqvist McDonagh was probably our best player last night. Excellent on defense and he was pushing the play into Boston's end all night long. We need better play from Del Zotto.

Boyle always picks it up in the playoffs. Great goal by Kreider.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 07:59 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

As Steps proved Chara can be had, especially doesn't like to be hit hard

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:05 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140
Torts actually did make some good lineup changes. Putting Kreider with Nash worked...they seemed to click in Game 3 when Nash was double shifted and played on the 4th line with Kreider.

One of my big concerns going into Game 5 is Hamrlik. He looked slower than Bickel out there! Against a quick Boston team that also makes very fast passing plays, he CANNOT be out there. I would like to see Gilroy step in. He is a lot faster than Hamrlik and Gilroy does have 8 games of Playoff experience. In a limited role, he will be fine.

Now that Richards must be itching to get into the lineup and prove everyone wrong, I would bring Richards back in as well. Just leave him off the PP, our PP is way better without him! Bring Asham back in too, no sure why he was taken out.

Lines I would like to see for Game 5:
Kreider - Brassard - Nash
Hagelin - Stepan - Callahan
Boyle - Richards - Zuccarello
Asham - Newbury - Dorsett

Haley is not much of an NHL player, lets face it. Better suited for regular season where he can fight. I think Pyatt has done ok but again he is such a slow skater than many times I see him lose his player on the back check and we cannot afford that kind of stuff if we want to get back in this series! Way too many odd man rushes...we need our forwards to back check quickly and Pyatt just can't. So take him out.

Defense:
McDonagh - Del Zotto
Girardi - Moore
Eminger - Gilroy

Since we are going back to Boston, we have to split up McD and Girardi again I think. As long as we dont put Girardi back with Del Zotto we should be ok. Hamrlik has to come out...after yesterday's game I'm sure Boston will try to put their best lines against him if he plays! He sucked!

We need Stralman and/or Staal back asap!!!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
it did but shut up don't you dare ruin this for his friend!
What?? Did you forget this ?

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:13 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
Torts actually did make some good lineup changes. Putting Kreider with Nash worked...they seemed to click in Game 3 when Nash was double shifted and played on the 4th line with Kreider.

One of my big concerns going into Game 5 is Hamrlik. He looked slower than Bickel out there! Against a quick Boston team that also makes very fast passing plays, he CANNOT be out there. I would like to see Gilroy step in. He is a lot faster than Hamrlik and Gilroy does have 8 games of Playoff experience. In a limited role, he will be fine.

Now that Richards must be itching to get into the lineup and prove everyone wrong, I would bring Richards back in as well. Just leave him off the PP, our PP is way better without him! Bring Asham back in too, no sure why he was taken out.

Haley is not much of an NHL player, lets face it. Better suited for regular season where he can fight. I think Pyatt has done ok but again he is such a slow skater than many times I see him lose his player on the back check and we cannot afford that kind of stuff if we want to get back in this series! Way too many odd man rushes...we need our forwards to back check quickly and Pyatt just can't. So take him out.

Defense:
McDonagh - Del Zotto
Girardi - Moore
Eminger - Gilroy

Since we are going back to Boston, we have to split up McD and Girardi again I think. As long as we dont put Girardi back with Del Zotto we should be ok. Hamrlik has to come out...after yesterday's game I'm sure Boston will try to put their best lines against him if he plays! He sucked!

Gilroy is a soft defenseman with positional issues. He skates better than Hamrlik for sure but Hamrlik knows how to play his position. Hamrlik also is strong enough and is not going to get knocked around by the likes of Lucic, Thornton, Paille and Campbell. Gilroy would probably be seeing more of the 3rd and 4th line grinders were he to dress--not a good matchup IMO as Gilroy seems to avoid contact as much as possible. There's a compete issue here--which also is in part why Richards isn't playing--Newbury can compete as a 4th liner--he can grind--he can get nasty. If matched up and neutralizing Boston's 4th line then we win that part of the battle that's been eating us up since the series began.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:18 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post

To think that this essentially saved our season. Wow.
Lol... I just puked in my mouth a little

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post

Defense:
McDonagh - Del Zotto
Girardi - Moore
Eminger - Gilroy

agree on Haley, but Pyatt has been one of the few to show up every game, he deserves to play

Old
05-24-2013, 08:21 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Lol... I just puked in my mouth a little
That equals the lucky bounce they got on the game winner in game 3

Old
05-24-2013, 08:24 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
What?? Did you forget this ?
I just used the "!" instead. I would like to go back in time and use a nice or though

Old
05-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Crease

That Krug kid has an absolute bomb from the point.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
This is a massive oversimplification of CK's role in the goal. The pass was accurate, but Kreider made the filthy tip which is not luck.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
This is a massive oversimplification of CK's role in the goal. The pass was accurate, but Kreider made the filthy tip which is not luck.
Great pass, thank Frankenstein for backing up and giving Nash some room, but that deflection was skill

Old
05-24-2013, 08:39 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Also, Kreider made the right move to get on the inside of Hamilton. If he went left instead of right, he's covered.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Still alive, but on life support.
Lets pray for a miraculous recovery

Hellion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Jersey Girl

Zdeno Chara

I said it after the Toronto series, and I'll say it now. Chara is playing like he's old, slow and tired. Nothing like his previously dominant self. He still has a stick that's like 16 feet long, but that's his only real advantage anymore.

If he was on the Rangers people would be jumping to his defense here, speculating he must be hurt...that's how far below his normal level he's been playing.

Toronto completely marginalized Chara, and we're starting to do it too. Hopefully not too late.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Kris Chreider
#Bickel4Norris

There's some miscommunication between Chara and Hamilton too. Dougie did absolutely nothing to warn Chara about Derek Stepan bearing down on him.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote