HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If you were Poile who would you trade?

Old
05-22-2013, 12:30 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Sounds like Blum!
Maybe jets could like the Canadian prospect Ellis?!?!
I'd trade Blum, but not Ellis.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:03 PM
yave1964
22 and counting

The Predators are a team in transition, a lot of money spent on Weber and Rinne, never got traction this past season, Smith took a step back, Fisher and others were banged up. a lost season, it happens to everyone.
That said, they desperately need offense. This is a very mediocre free agent crop, not counting buyouts, Nathan Horton would be a great pickup, if they spend the money.
I believe the team really cannot give up much depth, there is not a whole lot available at Milwaukee to step in right now, the team lacks depth at the upper levels of the minor leagues.
I don't see much that can be traded, you guys have needs but not the depth to pull the trigger. IMHO the team needs to go into the free agent market instead.

yave1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 12:01 AM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I'd trade Blum, but not Ellis.
I'd rather as well, but if it could land up burmistrov we should at least look at it.

Someone mentioned up nothing having enough depth, but we can always sign fourth line free agents for cheap. Guys like yip, halischuk, etc are a dime a dozen.
Also hoping we don't keep butler.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:50 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
I'd rather as well, but if it could land up burmistrov we should at least look at it.

Someone mentioned up nothing having enough depth, but we can always sign fourth line free agents for cheap. Guys like yip, halischuk, etc are a dime a dozen.
Also hoping we don't keep butler.
And that's the issue with Burmi. He still has a bunch of upside, but so far, hasn't proven much more than any of those guys (though he is a center which is nice).

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:07 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yave1964 View Post
The Predators are a team in transition, a lot of money spent on Weber and Rinne, never got traction this past season, Smith took a step back, Fisher and others were banged up. a lost season, it happens to everyone.
That said, they desperately need offense. This is a very mediocre free agent crop, not counting buyouts, Nathan Horton would be a great pickup, if they spend the money.
I believe the team really cannot give up much depth, there is not a whole lot available at Milwaukee to step in right now, the team lacks depth at the upper levels of the minor leagues.
I don't see much that can be traded, you guys have needs but not the depth to pull the trigger. IMHO the team needs to go into the free agent market instead.
I think right now, we have more offensive minded prospects than we've ever had.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Agreed, in the past several years they've been using the draft to select skilled players that might have fallen due to a longer development path. It's beginning to pay off as several are approaching NHL ready status, some are already here, and others are starting or a little ways away from turning pro.

Need to evaluate who is ready to contribute, then fill in the gaps this summer to prepare for the upcoming season.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:57 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I think he meant prospects that are ready for the NHL. We have a few guys that are here but most of the guys are at least 2 years away, if not longer.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 11:09 AM
yave1964
22 and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I think he meant prospects that are ready for the NHL. We have a few guys that are here but most of the guys are at least 2 years away, if not longer.
Exactly. I love Forsberg, I think guys like Taylor Beck and Austin Watson are going to contribute, but none are quite ready now. I would not trade any of the three under any circumstances.
Guys like Henderson and Bang are already 26 and just now making it to the NHL so they likely are not much as far as prospects.
The thread asks the question who would you trade? Obviously to fill holes. IMHO the offense needs help, the defense is solid but seven deep with no immediate help from the minors in case of injury, so while folks talk about trading a Blum or Ellis I think that just opens another hole. My opinion is that free agency is the way to go for you guys, it is not a star laden crop, but Nashville doesn't run that way anyway. Picking up a Nathan Horton or a Mike ribeiro or even a Viktor Stalberg would cost nothing but money, keep the top level prospects in tact and give them time to develop.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:14 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Beck is ready now and Forsberg is very close. Watson needs atleast a year, he looked lost at times but you could see the potential and damn is he big.

I do like the plan of adding more talent and depth without giving up much of the future.

Old
05-24-2013, 03:00 PM
yave1964
22 and counting

I agree Beck can step in now, I guess I am just such a big believer in the Detroit way of letting them work their way in slowly and without a ton of pressure.

Old
05-24-2013, 03:15 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Yotes fan coming in peace. Not sure if this is the appropriate thread or not, but what's up with the Preds and Nick Spaling? Are you guys planning to resign him, and if not, what would you want for him?

IPreferPi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 03:42 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yave1964 View Post
I agree Beck can step in now, I guess I am just such a big believer in the Detroit way of letting them work their way in slowly and without a ton of pressure.
He did play in 2 seasons with the ads.

Old
05-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Yotes fan coming in peace. Not sure if this is the appropriate thread or not, but what's up with the Preds and Nick Spaling? Are you guys planning to resign him, and if not, what would you want for him?
Beyond Josi I really don't have a great feel on who Poile is going to keep.

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 04:34 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Im sure he's be available but we are not looking to dump him for a pick or low end prospect. He a pretty solid bottom 6/PK guy and so if he's traded it would probably be in a package for a 2nd pair D-man or a top 6 wing, obviously he wouldnt be the centerpiece of any deal but he's a good sweetener.

who on your D corps would you be willing to move? Klesla? Michalek? or on the forward side, are you guys still pretty high on Boedker? what are your needs?

Last edited by PredsV82: 05-24-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: left out "not"
PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 09:26 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Im sure he's be available but we are looking to dump him for a pick or low end prospect. He a pretty solid bottom 6/PK guy and so if he's traded it would probably be in a package for a 2nd pair D-man or a top 6 wing, obviously he wouldnt be the centerpiece of any deal but he's a good sweetener.

who on your D corps would you be willing to move? Klesla? Michalek? or on the forward side, are you guys still pretty high on Boedker? what are your needs?
Thanks, I'm just researching cheap-ish potential replacements for Gordon at 3C, looking for someone with more offensive skill than Boyd while still being decent defensively and on faceoffs. If we were interested in acquiring Spaling, I'd imagine it'd just be a minor trade and not part of a major move by both teams.

We're definitely still pretty high on Boedker and will resign him, he and Vrbata are our most talented scoring wingers. As for D, Klesla is most likely to get traded, though Michalek could also be made available as his $4M salary for what he does is just too much for a $50M budget team. Very unlikely we'll move both off-season though, esp. since we'll likely have a different goaltending tandem in net and getting too young too soon on the blueline could be a recipe for disaster.

Needs are pretty similar to yours: skilled forwards. Necessity dictates that we try to go after those that are young and cost-controlled; at least you guys can afford to spend a bit more than $50 million. :-)

Last edited by IPreferPi: 05-25-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old
05-28-2013, 04:51 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Thanks, I'm just researching cheap-ish potential replacements for Gordon at 3C, looking for someone with more offensive skill than Boyd while still being decent defensively and on faceoffs. If we were interested in acquiring Spaling, I'd imagine it'd just be a minor trade and not part of a major move by both teams.

We're definitely still pretty high on Boedker and will resign him, he and Vrbata are our most talented scoring wingers. As for D, Klesla is most likely to get traded, though Michalek could also be made available as his $4M salary for what he does is just too much for a $50M budget team. Very unlikely we'll move both off-season though, esp. since we'll likely have a different goaltending tandem in net and getting too young too soon on the blueline could be a recipe for disaster.

Needs are pretty similar to yours: skilled forwards. Necessity dictates that we try to go after those that are young and cost-controlled; at least you guys can afford to spend a bit more than $50 million. :-)

What about spaling and a pick for klesla then?
Other than that, don't think we make good partners bro.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 05:26 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
What about spaling and a pick for klesla then?
Other than that, don't think we make good partners bro.
Yeah, other than for some minor moves, we're not very ideal trade partners lol. Oh well.