Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

III. New Logos and Green Uniforms for 2013-14

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Antaya

vCash: 50
He's a smart guy, if he didn't like it, he'd ignore any questions regarding logo/jerseys...like how the Dallas Stars refuse to deny or confirm the leaked logo is real.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Sports
bedroom eyes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo Spy View Post
White.

And more like the second. Again though, the black is very minimal.
Sorry to pile on to the questions, but will we see a darker shade on the jersey as a whole?
Really not a fan of the way that shade looks; was really hoping for a forest green, or even a military-ish olive...

Old
05-24-2013, 12:58 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kari View Post
DMN and Puck Daddy mentions. We have made it guys. We are internet famous.
Someone on 4chan searched for Hutch and posted his twit pic on 4chan. He was referred to as the "*** Jake Gardiner" lololol

Old
05-24-2013, 01:10 PM
keJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Well of course he's going to say that, or else he's spending the year in the AHL for his insubordination.
They have the better uniforms

Old
05-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by keJ View Post
I don't have a problem with change. I have a problem with unecessary change.

The last jerseys were horrible, but that doesn't require a change from a classic Stars look. It just requires a change away from that jersey with DALLAS on the front.

They tried to fix something that wasn't broken. All it needed was some restoration, not reinvention.
The current jerseys absolutely are broken. Probably the worst jerseys in the league.

And what is "a classic Stars look"? Dallas has only had three different jersey types, and all three very very different. There is no classic look because they've greatly revamped their look two (and now three) times.

Old
05-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Zrhutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
Someone on 4chan searched for Hutch and posted his twit pic on 4chan. He was referred to as the "*** Jake Gardiner" lololol
This was indeed my shining moment

Old
05-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

Quote:
They have the better uniforms
Well we don't even know what the Dallas uniforms are yet. But if the Texas unis end up better that would suck. Those new Texas jerseys blow. Well, the dark one is alright.

Old
05-24-2013, 01:39 PM
keJ

There are potentially limitless ways to keep green, black, and gold which is what this team is, and has been since its inception.

I reiterate my point. Taking away the gold, which is our accent color, is akin to the Canadiens removing the blue from their jersey just to make a change.

Original 6 teams don't do that for a reason.

You cam beat around the bush all you like but this logo change is akin to the Capitals' logo change to the blue, copper, and black, with the eagle. It will only last a few years because it removed the team too far from its roots.

I'll just have to wait to buy another jersey untilthe club realizes they made a mistake and they come to their senses, which is only a matter of time as evidenced by many other drastic uniform changes.

Old
05-24-2013, 01:42 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Seems like sportslogo confirmed it but I can't post the link because it's blocked out on here. You guys should check it out though because there's a cool picture of all of the franchises logos in one.

I wonder how Gaglardi feels about the logo being leaked 2 weeks early after the organization is making a big thing about the whole reveal. If I were him i'd be pissed that it got leaked 12 days early.

Old
05-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Zrhutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Stars View Post
Seems like sportslogo confirmed it but I can't post the link because it's blocked out on here. You guys should check it out though because there's a cool picture of all of the franchises logos in one.

I wonder how Gaglardi feels about the logo being leaked 2 weeks early after the organization is making a big thing about the whole reveal. If I were him i'd be pissed that it got leaked 12 days early.
Gaglardi is going to send a Cuban hit squad after us you guys

Old
05-24-2013, 01:44 PM
TravisSSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Well of course he's going to say that, or else he's spending the year in the AHL for his insubordination.
In the awesome new Texas Stars jerseys.

Old
05-24-2013, 01:47 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:
There are potentially limitless ways to keep green, black, and gold which is what this team is, and has been since its inception.

I reiterate my point. Taking away the gold, which is our accent color, is akin to the Canadiens removing the blue from their jersey just to make a change.

You cam beat around the bush all you like but this logo change is akin to the Capitals' logo change to the blue, copper, and black, with the eagle. It will only last a few years because it removed the team too far from its roots.

I'll just have to wait to buy another jersey untilthe club realizes they made a mistake and they come to their senses, which is only a matter of time as evidenced by many other drastic uniform changes.
If anything we went BACK to our roots by going all green again. All we did was switch gold to silver. How are you comparing this change to the Capitals change a few years back.

Old
05-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Stars View Post
Have a hard time believing it wasn't on purpose....

Why update the wallpaper section of the app when you know in 12 days it's going to be updated and the app probably will have to be completely re-hauled anyways with the new logos? Doesn't make sense to "accidentally" update it imo.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Old
05-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Zrhutch

Quote:

It's change because its a rebrand, not change for the sake of change. The Stars haven't had a rebrand since they came into town. They're due.

Old
05-24-2013, 01:58 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Have a hard time believing it wasn't on purpose....

Why update the wallpaper section of the app when you know in 12 days it's going to be updated and the app probably will have to be completely re-hauled anyways with the new logos? Doesn't make sense to "accidentally" update it imo.
But why do it on purpose after all the advertising they are doing for the new look?

Old
05-24-2013, 01:59 PM
keJ

I'm comparing it to the Caps because it is similar to the Caps.

They mgh

Old
05-24-2013, 01:59 PM
tjcurrie

Quote:

I agree with some of the points youve been making, and I can see how youd be upset going by what your expectations were. Hell I go back about a decade longer than you with this franchise and I wanted nothing more than a retro North Stars look (1970s), but if anything the new look is closer to that than what we've had for the last 5 years as far as those awful black home unis.

Old
05-24-2013, 02:03 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:

They mgh
Caps went from Red/Blue/White to Blue/Black/Brown
Stars went from Green/Gold/Black to Green/Gold/Silver

I'm sorry but I don't agree with your comparison. All they did was switch gold to silver and bring back green as their primary color.

Old
05-24-2013, 02:08 PM
keJ

The Dallas stars were never green dominant. Green was a secondary color with gold neing the accent color on a white or black field on their standard jerseys.

Both teams dumped primary colors(black and red respectively) and made secondary colors (gree and blue) their new primary colors.

Then both teams dumped current accent colors and picked up new ones that had no historical usage (silver amd copper).

Finally both teams replaced their logos with chessy new wave looking logos.

It is more similar than you give.it credit.

Last edited by keJ: 05-24-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old
05-24-2013, 02:11 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:

Jesus dude, chill out. You're making it seem like we changed our name and our colors to orange and pink. We aren't far from our "roots". Get over it.

Old
05-24-2013, 02:15 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:

The Dallas stars were never green dominant. Green was a secondary color with gold neing the accent color on a white or black field on their standard jerseys.

The change is taking the secondary color and making it more pervasive and replacing the accent color with silver.

The change to the logo also isn't a classical retreat. The new logo looks like a cheesy new wave logo to me. That might just be the horrendous beveling but in its current state that is my stance on it.

As to the Caps, they classically sat at red primary, blue secondary/accent on white or red field.

Their change took a classic logo and replaced it with a cheesy new wave one, dumped the primary color and made blue, albeit in a different shade, their new primary,while adopting a new accent, copper.

It is more similar than you give.it credit.
I really don't agree with you but that's me. I say we wait until we see the jersey's.

Old
05-24-2013, 02:23 PM
RussianRifle27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Gag....why???

Do agree with the Dallas written on the pants.
It's a unique feature to the jerseys that no other NHL team has going as far as I know.

Old
05-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Brand New Stars

Add him to your ignore list like I did and it'll be a much more pleasant discussion about the new jerseys. He only signed up so he could complain and in just about every post he says the exact same thing.

Old
05-24-2013, 02:24 PM
keJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
Jesus dude, chill out. You're making it seem like we changed our name and our colors to orange and pink. We aren't far from our "roots". Get over it.
Lol...in my opinion we might as well have.

Green being primary isn't a Dallas Stars thing so that isn't our "root".

That was a Minnesota Stars thing, but that throwback was botched not embracing the golden yellow, or hell, even a metallic gold.

Good intentions only carry you so far amd they failed to either "throwback" or move forward in a "classic" manner which was the stated goal.

The only thing they accomplished was mediocrity and I think we suffer throuh enough of that on the ice lol.

Old
05-24-2013, 02:27 PM
keJ

@brand new

Sorry if I don't blindly accept mediocrity. That isn't me.

The logo has some potential, but in its current form it isn't embracing it and it shows.

Closed Thread