HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFAs, trades, and potential buyouts this summer

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2013, 09:56 AM
SensPromo
AKA "Inf4mous0ne"

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
I expect Conacher will be pushed off the roster very soon. Throw him in a package for a top line forward.

Ceci/Noesen + Conacher + 1st is a damn good package that we can put together for Eriksson, or another top line winger.

People are quick to give away Michalek, but he has looked much better with Spezza in the lineup. A season ago this guy scored 35G on Spezza's wing. I see no downside to placing him to the right of Spezza come next season.
Agree with not giving away Michalek, but I don't really want to get rid of Noesen. I'd prefer to keep Ceci as well, but Noesen I think is one of our top prospects and believe that he will be clutch in the playoffs. Rather throw someone like Stone, Puempel, Hoffman, etc than him.

Realistic example:

Ceci + Stone/Puempel + Conacher and a first

Ideal example:

Stone + Puempel + Conacher/a first

Old
05-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Quo
I, too, don't get it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I stopped reading there.
And yet it was only last season that he played in 77 games...

Old
05-24-2013, 10:00 AM
coladin

vCash: 1413
I would like to see Pageau possibly on the wing but he isawfully good at center and checks good enough to be a no.3 center and in case of injury can play on the top two lines.

I think we should see how our rookies come to camp next year. They know what to expect and should be even better. I wouldn't mind a Vanek, Eriksson type player, especially if Gonch leaves we may need that kind of player just to get to the cap floor. I like Briere alot too but can you have Briere and Pageau on the same team, top three lines? Don't want to turn into the Habs...

Old
05-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

For what it's worth, heard that Briere will retire if he's bought out, doesn't want to leave Philly

Old
05-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
And yet it was only last season that he played in 77 games...
Still sucked in the playoffs though!

Old
05-24-2013, 12:46 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Why would Dallas trade Eriksson?

I could see the argument as to why Bobby Ryan might be available (I don't believe he is though) but why would Dallas trade their best player?!
On Hfboards, it seems like Dallas' fans are 10 times more willing to trade Eriksson than Ducks fans are Ryan.

Old
05-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
For what it's worth, heard that Briere will retire if he's bought out, doesn't want to leave Philly
I think if Montreal offered him a contract he would sign. Like Modano.

Old
05-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
On Hfboards, it seems like Dallas' fans are 10 times more willing to trade Eriksson than Ducks fans are Ryan.
That's.... perplexing to me.

They have some great players (Eriksson and Goligoski) in place for a rebuild, why set themselves back by trading them?

Old
05-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
I wouldn't call Goligoski a great player, what a dumb trade. Benn is though.

Old
05-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Fenxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
That's.... perplexing to me.

They have some great players (Eriksson and Goligoski) in place for a rebuild, why set themselves back by trading them?
Eriksson is highly dependent on a good center dishing him the puck (rather than generating his own offense.)

So they will get more value now than in a few years (when his numbers continue to take a hit).

Old
05-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Eriksson is also 27 (turning 28). He is at the point they are most likely to get a good return on him.

They might be looking to do what Ottawa did with a quick rebuild by stocking the cupboards.

Old
05-24-2013, 03:31 PM
MtRundle
Shawville Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Eriksson is also 27 (turning 28). He is at the point they are most likely to get a good return on him.

They might be looking to do what Ottawa did with a quick rebuild by stocking the cupboards.
Except Ottawa didn't trade away Spezza, Alfredsson, or Karlsson. I wouldn't say Eriksson is like a Fisher or Kelly.

Old
05-24-2013, 03:36 PM
StefanW
Get well, Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtRundle View Post
Except Ottawa didn't trade away Spezza, Alfredsson, or Karlsson. I wouldn't say Eriksson is like a Fisher or Kelly.
I don't know, I think his value could reasonably be compared with Fisher. We got some good pieces in that deal, we just have to wait for them.

Old
05-24-2013, 04:16 PM
SensTopLine

I read 2 out of the 5 pages and I've already given up due to the disgust I'm experiencing. Then again, I've probably failed to take note that everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sorry fellas.
Realistically, Dupuis' got something good going on in Pittsburgh, why wouldn't they want to resign him and why wouldn't he want to stay? Briere would be alright, not at the expense of the 1st round Black Aces. Hartnell is a slug and we all know as good as he really is, he wouldn't be half the player he is thanks to Giroux. Ideally, would love to acquire Simmonds. Carries his end defensively and does well going to the net. I read about Fillpula here. Really? Landing the big names in the nation's capital (Murray's interest in Perry; Nash sweepstakes involving Methot, Foligno, Lehner, Ceci, 1st rounder 2013?) is not something that happens frequently while Gonchar & Kovalev sounded something blockbusterish, we as fans paid the price of having to endure their presence, Gonchar I could handle from time to time but Kovalev, ugh. If we are unable to sign big names in Ottawa due to location, media pressure, whatever the F it is, I personally would like to go with what we have in the system and build our team through draft as we've been doing all along. I always thought of Noesen & Puempel being the ones we can build as together the tandem to become a large part of our offense in the years to come. Murray was able to with Getzlaf & Perry, and Holmgren with Carter & Richards. What the 6 players have in common is that they're all 1st round prospects in which were all drafted from the CHL (5 from OHL, Getzlaf from WHL). I think there's a certain pattern in which teams with multiple picks in the first round, grow into something extraordinary. Hope it can work out.

2003:
Getzlaf, 19th
Perry, 28th

Richards, 24th
Carter, 11th

2011:
Noesen, 21st
Puempel, 24th

Old
05-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Allaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
I think people realize his days as a Senator are numbered, unless he drastically improves his game. He's fast, and has talent, but hasn't been showing it. Hoffman showed a lot more in his time with the big club, and he's only a number of talented wingers we have in our system that will be busting down the door very soon. Before Cory ends up a recurring healthy scratch, might as well try to get something valuable in return for him.
Yup his days are numbered a rookie with less than a couple dozen games with the team gets scratched. Sounds like a headline from the Ottawa Sun.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:16 PM
BK201

IMO we should go after Iginla. Guys still got a lot of talent.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:35 PM
StefanW
Get well, Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
IMO we should go after Iginla. Guys still got a lot of talent.
I agree with this if Alfie retires after this season. Every winning team needs a tough as nails leader type, and Iginla is one of the few players in the league who could successfully follow in Alfie's footsteps.

Old
05-24-2013, 08:25 PM
VikingKarlsson
Chomo

There will be some trades next year. To many forwards.

Old
05-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
I agree with this if Alfie retires after this season. Every winning team needs a tough as nails leader type, and Iginla is one of the few players in the league who could successfully follow in Alfie's footsteps.
Iggy's tough as nalis type of play is behind him now. Leadership will always be there but I don't think he would provide the type of offense we need at this point.

Old
05-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Laszlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
I think if Montreal offered him a contract he would sign. Like Modano.
Habs need to get bigger, not smaller.

Old
05-24-2013, 11:14 PM
Topside

I would be asking about the availability of Patric Hornqvist and/or Andy Greene from NJ.

Old
05-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

We need to get bigger on the wings or at least meaner. Our D is big but up front, there was not a lot of guys finishing their checks.

Old
05-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenxis View Post
Eriksson is highly dependent on a good center dishing him the puck (rather than generating his own offense.)

So they will get more value now than in a few years (when his numbers continue to take a hit).
Dallas fan coming in peace. I thought I'd clear this up.

Eriksson scored 73 points with Brad Richards has his center for 77 games back in 2010/2011. The following season when Richards left, he scored 71 points with Jamie Benn as his centerman. He had an absolute down season where he came in unprepared and was shifted to the 2nd line because Jagr got special treatment and took Eriksson's spot on the top line. If you look at everyone stats, the entire Dallas team had a low offensive output (even Jamie Benn who scored only 4 points more).

I'd like to see how much his numbers take a hit during a full 82 game season since the guy rarely gets injured. In addition, I wouldn't say Eriksson was a complete product of Richards since BR hasn't come close to generating the same kind of offense in New York that he did in Dallas.

Old
05-25-2013, 12:23 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
Dallas fan coming in peace. I thought I'd clear this up.

Eriksson scored 73 points with Brad Richards has his center for 77 games back in 2010/2011. The following season when Richards left, he scored 71 points with Jamie Benn as his centerman. He had an absolute down season where he came in unprepared and was shifted to the 2nd line because Jagr got special treatment and took Eriksson's spot on the top line. If you look at everyone stats, the entire Dallas team had a low offensive output (even Jamie Benn who scored only 4 points more).

I'd like to see how much his numbers take a hit during a full 82 game season since the guy rarely gets injured. In addition, I wouldn't say Eriksson was a complete product of Richards since BR hasn't come close to generating the same kind of offense in New York that he did in Dallas.
Well said and watching Dallas play, anyone would be crazy to think Eriksson is a product of his linemates. He is a remarkable two way player, with such high IQ.

My dream summer is to get both Eriksson and Hornqvist. Tougher, meaner and more skilled.

Like someone said in this thread, we need tougher wingers to compete in the east.

Old
05-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Ed Wood

I would absolutely sign Andre Benoit to a one way contract. He proved to me that he's an NHL caliber d-man. He's a perfect 6/7 guy who won't whine when he's out of the lineup and can play some serious minutes when we have injuries. This guy has paid his dues.

Closed Thread