HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

ECSF | Game 5 | Ottawa Senators at Pittsburgh Penguins | 7:30 ET | NBCSN RDS CBC

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2013, 04:46 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
Yes, but not many have been from sustained pressure, that's all. Look at the last game for example:

1st- off a faceoff
2nd- breakaway
3rd- off the rush
4th- PP
5th- SH
6th- Crosby being Crosby
7th- PP

If it keeps working out this way, great. It's just something that I'm keeping an eye on.
i'm not worried for one reason: yes, a majority (if not all) of the Penguins goals have come either on the rush or on the PP (or just at the end of the PP wrt the Martin/Morrow score) but the Pens HAVE had sustained pressure. I mean, they've really carried the play time for incredibly-long stretches. Islanders series was more of a case where they weren't scoring goals off of pressure and it was a worry, but they just "rushed" their way to victory. This feels completely different to me.

Old
05-24-2013, 04:49 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
i'm not worried for one reason: yes, a majority (if not all) of the Penguins goals have come either on the rush or on the PP (or just at the end of the PP wrt the Martin/Morrow score) but the Pens HAVE had sustained pressure. I mean, they've really carried the play time for incredibly-long stretches. Islanders series was more of a case where they weren't scoring goals off of pressure and it was a worry, but they just "rushed" their way to victory. This feels completely different to me.
This is true as well. It definitely has gotten better this series.

Old
05-24-2013, 04:58 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Let's win one for quarter night at the nudie bar.

Or reichsmark night in the nudie bunker

Old
05-24-2013, 05:05 PM
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

Old
05-24-2013, 05:22 PM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

Come out firing immediately. Disrupt the transition with intent of creating turnovers. Buy ourselves extented time in the offensive zone. Get to our game.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:27 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLuci View Post
Come out firing immediately. Disrupt the transition with intent of creating turnovers. Buy ourselves extented time in the offensive zone. Get to our game.
Agreed, but also remember they are fighting for their playoff lives. Vokoun will have to weather some storms out there. If Anderson goes God mode again, just do the same thing you did the last game. Stay the course and wait for the gates to open.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:32 PM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

Gonna raid Karlsson's panty drawer, I am.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:33 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

I don't care for Melrose, but he just said it well: "Give them a reason to quit." He then went on to say the worst thing for the Pens to do is come out and feel this series is over. That would cost them another 60 minutes. Possible more.

Spot on analysis for tonight's game. I think it's quite obvious, but it's true.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I don't care for Melrose, but he just said it well: "Give them a reason to quit." He then went on to say the worst thing for the Pens to do is come out and feel this series is over. That would cost them another 60 minutes. Possible more.

Isn't this why we signed half the captains in the league? To make sure in games like this that the Pens have their priorities straight?

Old
05-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
I'm actually going to be optimistic for a change and say we'll win 4-2.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post

i watched a few minutes of Melrose on NHL Network and when talking about the Richards situation in NY he mentioned that Morrow was probably healthy scratched for game 4. it was a throwaway line but still struck me as quite the inferential leap.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
i watched a few minutes of Melrose on NHL Network and when talking about the Richards situation in NY he mentioned that Morrow was probably healthy scratched for game 4. it was a throwaway line but still struck me as quite the inferential leap.
I heard that, too. I don't believe he was a healthy scratch, it's apparently a shoulder/arm injury.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Pens can't control how the bounces will go, but they can control the kind of effort they put out. If they can play the same way they did in Games 3 and 4 for 60 minutes tonight, that's all I ask for. If they do that, there's a good chance the Pens finish the series tonight.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:55 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Yeah, Morrow as a healthy scratch is possible but not probable IMO. The entire local media saw him leave the ice early at practice & go spend time with a trainer. Seems like unnecessary subterfuge just to not have to call him a healthy scratch. There's no reason for them to do that.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:57 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Heading to my Blackout Bunker before Kirk Neeson finds me. Good luck to everyone tonight

Old
05-24-2013, 05:58 PM
SteelFish87*

I doubt Morrow was a healthy scratch. Remember we were coming off a double OT game, he could have just been sore as hell from being overworked and old

Old
05-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

I'd rather keep the line-up as it was for Game 4. No need to change it in my mind.

Old
05-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Waffle Fries

Shelly Anderson @pgshelly
Morrow taking pregame warmup with #Penguins

Dejan Kovacevic @Dejan_Kovacevic
Brenden Morrow, an injured scratch for Game 4, is out for warmups right now. Doesn’t mean he’s recovered enough to play. We’ll see. #TribHKY

Also, I personally just saw Beau on the ice on TV, so we'll see

Old
05-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Mordax
Abso-Buc'n-lutely

Go Pens

Old
05-24-2013, 06:05 PM
leafspensfan

I don't really think Bylsma wants to change this lineup..

Old
05-24-2013, 06:07 PM
cheesedanish87

Quote:
I watched it also, i could be wrong but i thought he was comparing Morrow being a healthy scratch earlier this year with Dallas, when talking about Richards being a healthy scratch.

Old
05-24-2013, 06:07 PM
jdp
theBatman

New to Commenting on Board - But been following for years

Hey Guys,

been following this board for several years now, first time commenting. don't know what took me so long.

been a pen fan since 1987. been there for the ups and downs and stuck through it all. hardcore fan, recent games have given me minor heart attacks.

Team doing well, finally got that killer instinct they've been lacking, and I've been waiting for.

Let's get this series over with tonight. Need a quick start, and just need to bombard the net with shots.

Old
05-24-2013, 06:10 PM
SteelFish87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
I don't really think Bylsma wants to change this lineup..
Glass tho

Old
05-24-2013, 06:12 PM
Waffle Fries

Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
Take the warmups line rushes at face value, and it looks as if Brenden Morrow will replace Beau Bennett on the fourth line tonight.

I wanted Beau to play

Old
05-24-2013, 06:13 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Isn't this why we signed half the captains in the league? To make sure in games like this that the Pens have their priorities straight?
Yes... and probably why they had so much poise last game. That would have ended bad just last season. They just stayed the course.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Yeah, Morrow as a healthy scratch is possible but not probable IMO. The entire local media saw him leave the ice early at practice & go spend time with a trainer. Seems like unnecessary subterfuge just to not have to call him a healthy scratch. There's no reason for them to do that.

Yeahhhhh not buying it. DB wouldn't do that to a vet. I heard that and immediately didn't believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp View Post
Hey Guys,

been following this board for several years now, first time commenting. don't know what took me so long.

been a pen fan since 1987. been there for the ups and downs and stuck through it all. hardcore fan, recent games have given me minor heart attacks.

Team doing well, finally got that killer instinct they've been lacking, and I've been waiting for.

Let's get this series over with tonight. Need a quick start, and just need to bombard the net with shots.
Welcome aboard! Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Closed Thread