HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Kreider Part II: OT God

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
I don't know why some of you attacked Kreider when he was playing with the likes of Asham, Powe, Pyatt, and Richards. Put him out there with some talent and good things happen.
Can we criticize any of these players then? They all were playing with some combination of each other.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
05-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I understand that Kreider was up and down, but I'd rather have him either stay in the AHL or in the NHL. Not up and down. Even with his flaws, I think should have been playing regular fourth line minutes with a bump up for improved play. An Etem-like role. That said, the regular season has passed, no need to harbor on it. What matters is the here and now, and Kreider is making a big impact right now.

Glad to see him playing well enough to get time with the big boys. Kreider-Stepan-Nash has looked real good together, and I think Kreider/Nash work well off of each other. Honestly, think of how much we love Hagelin now imagine that Hagelin is 6'3, 230 with a sick shot. That's Kreider's upside. He oozes so much potential, and when he's in a groove, he looks excellent in the top-6. I think he needs to stick there, gives us a lot more size and talent in our top-6. Move Hags down. Makes the third line a little more dangerous offensively.
don't see that much similarity with hagelin, besides sheer speed. hagelin is as per Torts a waterbug type. Never stops skating. Kreider is more like Gaborik, who has strong bursts of speed but didn't consistently move his feet. Hags is better offensively than Kreider IMO. Produced more in college, AHL and NHL.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:55 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
don't see that much similarity with hagelin, besides sheer speed. hagelin is as per Torts a waterbug type. Never stops skating. Kreider is more like Gaborik, who has strong bursts of speed but didn't consistently move his feet. Hags is better offensively than Kreider IMO. Produced more in college, AHL and NHL.
I'm talking about upside.

Kreider needs to keep his feet moving, that's when he's at his best. He needs to be aggressive like Hagelin is, his size will make him more dangerous.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
05-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Zil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Can we criticize any of these players then? They all were playing with some combination of each other.
This is really not that complicated. Kreider is an off the puck player. Last night's game winner was a perfect example of this. He's not going to carry the puck up the ice. It's not going to be on his stick very long. But he knows where to go to make himself very dangerous if the puck carriers on his line know to look for him and are capable of getting him the puck. What you saw from him last night playing with Nash and Stepan is what you get when he's used properly.

As far as his struggles this year, they are threefold. The first issue was the aforementioned problem with linemates. The second is that he was a rookie adjusting to the pro game and he needed some time to get his bearings.

The final issue is that Torts really did screw around with his development. Kreider had a tough start the season and played tentatively. It was the right decision to send him down to work on his game. But once he got sent down his game started to bloom as he began to put it together. Torts had two good options. He could have left him down there and let his confidence build and his game grow. Or Torts could've called Kreider up and put him with some skilled players and just told him to go hard on the puck. Torts instead chose to bring him up and down and play him four minutes a night on the fourth line in a role better suited for Haley or Newbury. It's not shocking that Kreider didn't thrive in this situation.

Old
05-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
I'm talking about upside.

Kreider needs to keep his feet moving, that's when he's at his best. He needs to be aggressive like Hagelin is, his size will make him more dangerous.
Don't think that's his game. He's a floater type. Some guys just can't continue to move their legs, hockey IQ related.

Old
05-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
I don't comment on NCAA or international prospects. I don't see them that much to have any educated input.

The statement I have a problem with is:

On April 18th Leslie wrote an article that Kreider was still a top prospect for the NY Rangers.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...-york-rangers/

Torts received good reports on Kreider while he was in the AHL

Forgive me if i consider those more legitimate sources than HF posters.
You do know that I wrote for this site, correct? I was also offered to come back but had to turn it down in the end.

Writing for this sight means nothing really when it comes to subjective viewpoints on a prospect.

Old
05-24-2013, 08:21 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Don't think that's his game. He's a floater type. Some guys just can't continue to move their legs, hockey IQ related.
were you happy when he won the game in overtime last night?

Old
05-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
were you happy when he won the game in overtime last night?
No I wasn't. I clearly want to see him fail rather than him help the team win hockey games.

Old
05-24-2013, 08:25 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
No I wasn't. I clearly want to see him fail rather than him help the team win hockey games.
well at least you admit it

Old
05-24-2013, 08:26 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
well at least you admit it
I disagree with nearly every single one of Kershaw's posts, but I don't question his fandom. I question his player evaluation. The guy's a fan, though, for sure. That post was pretty clearly some dry sarcasm.

Old
05-24-2013, 08:30 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
I disagree with nearly every single one of Kershaw's posts, but I don't question his fandom. I question his player evaluation. The guy's a fan, though, for sure. That post was pretty clearly some dry sarcasm.
I agree my post was sarcatistic too. I respect kershaw and jonathon as fans i honestly do. But i do believe they let their dislike of kreider get in the way of being objective. Im the frst one to admit kreider has had many up and downs

Old
05-24-2013, 09:39 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
I agree my post was sarcatistic too. I respect kershaw and jonathon as fans i honestly do. But i do believe they let their dislike of kreider get in the way of being objective. Im the frst one to admit kreider has had many up and downs
everyone agrees hes had ups and downs, but not everyone is willing to point the figure to everyone but the player himself. there is a group out there who blames torts, gernander, the other players, and even the mascot for the kid's struggles. the one thing about torts i will ALWAYS admire is that he does make players accountable. you can kill him and criticize him for anything and everything else, but its amazing how short our memories are with things around the rangers and how accountability was nonexistent for years.

that being said i think kreider has gone thru a year of learning that pro life is different from college and it will serve him better going forward

Old
05-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
What motive can I have of disliking Kreider? I don't dislike Kreider as a human being as he's done nothing to suggest he's anything but a class act. I just question his abilities as a hockey player.

Old
05-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
You do know that I wrote for this site, correct? I was also offered to come back but had to turn it down in the end.

Writing for this sight means nothing really when it comes to subjective viewpoints on a prospect.
Fascinating. Still irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
what you write should be your own opinion unless backed up by facts.
If you wrote this statement
Quote:
He had a VERY mediocre year in the AHL to the point where people began questioning his status as a prospect.
For this site, i'd have hounded you to name names, legitimate names, not some HF posters, just like i am doing now.
Because either you don't have the courage of your own convictions to state "I began to question his status ..." or you are trying to package your opinion as a fact by involving some unknown people.
And one last thing, you can't get around the Torts quote. We know he is brutally honest. He may have questioned Kreider's NHL readiness, but he didn't question his status as a top prospect.
So unless you can quote me some member of the org that questions his status as a top prospect to counter the Torts quote, my point still stands.

Old
05-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Aufheben
The jam must flow...

vCash: 130
No one dislikes Kreider, why would they?? Actually, I've never seen so much fan support for a player who hasn't even played a full season.

Old
05-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Fascinating. Still irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
what you write should be your own opinion unless backed up by facts.
If you wrote this statement
The point

Your head

Quote:
For this site, i'd have hounded you to name names, legitimate names, not some HF posters, just like i am doing now.
Because either you don't have the courage of your own convictions to state "I began to question his status ..." or you are trying to package your opinion as a fact by involving some unknown people.\
First off, I'm not going to name names of a million posters. Why do you think I named the names of people on the opposite side (the minority side)? This is not that difficult.

Old
05-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
What motive can I have of disliking Kreider? I don't dislike Kreider as a human being as he's done nothing to suggest he's anything but a class act. I just question his abilities as a hockey player.
He, like a number of others on this site, thinks that being down on a prospect means you have a personal dislike for them. Why do you think I don't respond to the guy? Do the same, dude. It's not worth it. He has even admitted in the past that all he's doing is trolling.

Old
05-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
The point

Your head

First off, I'm not going to name names of a million posters. Why do you think I named the names of people on the opposite side (the minority side)? This is not that difficult.
You went from people to almost everyone to a million posters.
Keep digging.
Still waiting for a quote from a member of the org.

Old
05-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Aufheben
The jam must flow...

vCash: 130
Eager to see him play, he's finally started settling in.

Come on Chris!

Old
05-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Parker

Pretty disappointing season from Kreider after the expectations he set in last year's playoffs.

Chalk some of it up to early injury but the organization's top prospect needs to show more next year and hopefully a full training camp and season not spent in the AHL/4th line will help him find his game.

Old
05-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Was our best player today, hit like a mack truck today, got an assist, can't teach players to be 6'3" and 230 lbs with great speed and a great shot, excited about him for next year already

Old
05-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Pretty disappointing season from Kreider after the expectations he set in last year's playoffs.

Chalk some of it up to early injury but the organization's top prospect needs to show more next year and hopefully a full training camp and season not spent in the AHL/4th line will help him find his game.
Turned it up this series and parts of the WSH series, though. Gotta say, I was giddy as a schoolgirl on that shift when he dumped Seidenberg twice and another Bruin. Would love to see more of that consistently.

Old
05-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Turned it up this series and parts of the WSH series, though. Gotta say, I was giddy as a schoolgirl on that shift when he dumped Seidenberg twice and another Bruin. Would love to see more of that consistently.
The other guy was Horton and he flattened him too, I never saw a shift like that before with 3 perfect bodychecks

Old
05-25-2013, 09:51 PM
haveandare

My main complaint about him most of this season was that he wasn't using his speed and size effectively. The past few games, he looks like he's starting to figure it out. He's faster and stronger than most people out there, if he plays like it, he'll be hard to stop once he gets going.

Old
05-25-2013, 09:51 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
The other guy was Horton and he flattened him too, I never saw a shift like that before with 3 perfect bodychecks
And, then Seidenberg tried to flatten him, and Kreider stayed on his skates, while Seidenberg went down. Again, I think this current squad needs a full training camp, with time to develop chemistry.

Closed Thread