HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Richards Part III: The Buy-Out!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-24-2013, 05:44 PM
  #226
bleedblue94
Registered User
 
bleedblue94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
The most puzzling thing about Richards is his decision-making which has been absolutely terrible. I really don't think it's a lack of effort. He's making awful positioning decisions a flat out out terrible passing decisions. That's the part I really can't put my finger on. I get legs fading as one gets older, but it's downright puzzling why he's making the mistakes that he is.
As I stated before I don't think he has been the same player since the concussion he sufferred in dallas

bleedblue94 is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 07:34 PM
  #227
CheeseTortorella
Registered User
 
CheeseTortorella's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Because of the relationship that Torts, and Richards has, Torts isn't going to get rid of him himself. I think it's going to have to come from someone else.

CheeseTortorella is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 07:38 PM
  #228
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,550
vCash: 500
Thankfully, Torts doesn't have the final say in whether a player stays or goes

JohnC is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 08:37 PM
  #229
schabadoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseTortorella View Post
Because of the relationship that Torts, and Richards has, Torts isn't going to get rid of him himself. I think it's going to have to come from someone else.
Wouldn't this be the GM and owner's decision?

schabadoo is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 08:39 PM
  #230
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
As I stated before I don't think he has been the same player since the concussion he sufferred in dallas
I agree. All too often we have seen players get concussed & never be the same aster that. I thought he was rushed back after that concussion by Dallas.

Baby Punisher is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 09:01 PM
  #231
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15
 
EuroFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: west coast
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,039
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseTortorella View Post
Because of the relationship that Torts, and Richards has, Torts isn't going to get rid of him himself. I think it's going to have to come from someone else.
It is not up to him, or at least it should not be.

EuroFlair is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 09:11 PM
  #232
bleedblue94
Registered User
 
bleedblue94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
I agree. All too often we have seen players get concussed & never be the same aster that. I thought he was rushed back after that concussion by Dallas.
i honestly dont think dallas rushed him back, i think he rushed himself so he could show he was "healthy" going into free agency

bleedblue94 is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 09:43 PM
  #233
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,952
vCash: 500
It's terrible what has happened to him. I really feel for him. If he can rebound from this at any point it would be amazing. I know people say playing in New York makes no difference. I think it does and the record clearly reflects that. So many guys come here and crater.

Pizza is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 10:48 PM
  #234
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by schabadoo View Post
Wouldn't this be the GM and owner's decision?
Any head coach is going to be part of personnel decisions.

Hockey Team is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 12:42 AM
  #235
aemoreira1981
Registered User
 
aemoreira1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
I agree. All too often we have seen players get concussed & never be the same aster that. I thought he was rushed back after that concussion by Dallas.
Related legitimate question: could this complicate an amnestying decision? (Our cap situation is good, and so this wouldn't cause problems there other than Richards occupying a contract slot.) A few years ago, it threatened to cause problems with the Chris Drury buyout before he decided to accept it and then retire.


Last edited by aemoreira1981: 05-25-2013 at 12:48 AM.
aemoreira1981 is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 03:06 AM
  #236
bleedblue94
Registered User
 
bleedblue94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
Related legitimate question: could this complicate an amnestying decision? (Our cap situation is good, and so this wouldn't cause problems there other than Richards occupying a contract slot.) A few years ago, it threatened to cause problems with the Chris Drury buyout before he decided to accept it and then retire.
short answer is no, not unless h is actually hurt now and not playing bc he is hurt

bleedblue94 is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 05:12 AM
  #237
toewsintangibles
Registered User
 
toewsintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
Cannot change a winning team so unless the Rangers are going to win in 7, it was the last game of Brad's disgraceful NY stint

toewsintangibles is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 06:22 AM
  #238
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
Cannot change a winning team so unless the Rangers are going to win in 7, it was the last game of Brad's disgraceful NY stint
If there was no cap I would say give brad another yr but e the rfa signings it may as well happen now. He will sign in TO. Sign Weiss to go w Stepan, brassard, boyle

Vitto79 is online now  
Old
05-25-2013, 07:50 AM
  #239
Problematique
Registered User
 
Problematique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Can anyone explain how this Richards situation is unfolding for a dumb foreigner?

I thought I read we initally signed him to $7m/year however it seems clear it's $12m.

If we buy him out this Summer, do we lose $12m/year over the course of the next 6 years from the salary cap?

Problematique is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 07:51 AM
  #240
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
Any head coach is going to be part of personnel decisions.
That's why torts and Richards should go as a package. Let them relive their TB cup with another sucker.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:00 AM
  #241
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Problematique View Post
Can anyone explain how this Richards situation is unfolding for a dumb foreigner?

I thought I read we initally signed him to $7m/year however it seems clear it's $12m.

If we buy him out this Summer, do we lose $12m/year over the course of the next 6 years from the salary cap?
The cap hit is what's important. Not the year by year salary. The cap hit is the total contract salary divided by the term length in years. The cap hit is what's going to come off the books.

His cap hit is approximately 6.67 million dollars.

http://capgeek.com/player/690

__________________
Jabroni is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:17 AM
  #242
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
Any head coach is going to be part of personnel decisions.
Still, having a say in a decision isn't the same as making it. Sather makes the moves.

haveandare is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:57 AM
  #243
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,557
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
The cap hit is what's important. Not the year by year salary. The cap hit is the total contract salary divided by the term length in years. The cap hit is what's going to come off the books.

His cap hit is approximately 6.67 million dollars.

http://capgeek.com/player/690
Still very substantial loss on the cap. Gives us a lot of flexibility. Something we usually don't have.

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.