HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bouillon might get operated again...

Old
10-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Kafka

vCash: 500
Bouillon might get operated again...

I am surprised nobody reported this, but yesterday Michel Villeneuve and François Gagnon reported an of the record talk they had with Francis Bouillon. Apparently, he is not convinced his knee is ok and he might be operated again. This would mean for him a few other months off the ice. This makes the Niinimaa trade looking very important, and may explain why we might see Souray been kept with the team untill the end of the season.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
I am surprised nobody reported this, but yesterday Michel Villeneuve and François Gagnon reported an of the record talk they had with Francis Bouillon. Apparently, he is not convinced his knee is ok and he might be operated again. This would mean for him a few other months off the ice. This makes the Niinimaa trade looking very important, and may explain why we might see Souray been kept with the team untill the end of the season.
They said that we shouldn't be surprised not to see him AT ALL during this season....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Fido22

I've been wondering about this. I seem to recall that the Habs were concerned about his knee prior to resigning him and waited for test results before engaging in negotiations. Did they just miss it? Did they not care? Did Bouillon pull a fast one?

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
How long does he have to be out before his contract doesn't count against our cap [or we can spend over our cap as much as his contract is worth]?

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 02:35 PM
BORAT

Long term, if he's out all year his salary won't count against the cap

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Duster

I'm thinking that Bouillon himself had no idea it was so serious an injury.

I'm not familiar with all the details of the CBA, but would this mean that his salary would be covered by insurance until he returns and, as such, free up cap space? Does he need to go on the IR?

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 02:44 PM
TomPlex

I love it how everyone is worried while last year so many people were saying that Franky means nothing to this team and that he can easily be replace blah blah blah...

Get well soon, Cube!

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Montrealer

It was discussed in this thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=296461

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
I love it how everyone is worried while last year so many people were saying that Franky means nothing to this team and that he can easily be replace blah blah blah...

Get well soon, Cube!
Well, currently for the year 07-08, Gainey can count on Dandenault, Bouillon, Komisarek, Streit and O'Byrne.

Suddenly, he might look more important for several posters here.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 02:57 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
If he is gone for the duration of the seaosn that will blow hard. And you can almost bet your bottom doallar that unless Streit and Niinimaa really step up none of Rivet or Souray will be delt before the deadline!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Marksman

I dont see Habs trading their own defencemen, unless we are out of playoffs picture and selling. All the better ones are UFA and only good for rentals.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Duster

Quote:

Get well soon, Cube!
I don't think everyone is worried. And yes, he can easily be replaced. He is the team's No 6 defenseman and not a Norris candidate. Case in point, Gainey acquired Niinimaa rather easily. Then there is Cote when he comes back from injury in a month or so. Streit is a good No 7 and costs far less. Bouillon not playing this season adds almost 2 million more to the kitty and, if Niinimaa plays to potential, may have helped us become a better team this year ironically enough.

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 03:17 PM
RE-HABS

Habs would be smart to get Cube operated on ASAP incase he is to miss the whole season and use that available $1,875,000 + $3,000,000 = $4,875,000 to address a need in UFA or trade. Bondra or Leclerc could be cheap at or under $1,000,000 for one year options.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Teufelsdreck

I think the Habs have enough depth at D to tolerate his absence. However, this talk about his missing the entire season may be baseless gossip.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 04:04 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I bet we trade for Lang now, if Boullion goes on LTIR.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 04:05 PM
x-bob

Quote:

Get well soon, Cube!
Well they are right!!!

Bouillon was easily replaceable during the offseason but now all the D's have been signed. It's a completly different context.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 04:54 PM
J-D

The acquisition of Niinimaa makes much more sense now.

J-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 05:25 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D View Post
The acquisition of Niinimaa makes much more sense now.
The one of PAtrick Traverse too

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 06:29 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Just goes to show how well Bouillon played last season... You, on the other hand, need to take a pill.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
The fact that losing Boullion actually hurts our defence, is a sad state of affairs regarding our defensive depth.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 06:39 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
The fact that losing Boullion actually hurts our defence, is a sad state of affairs regarding our defensive depth.
Bouillon is a quality 5-6 D with speed...he also give great hits. Dont forget last year durring the first month he was our best D and not necessarily because the others were playing like crap.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Bouillon is a quality 5-6 D with speed...he also give great hits. Dont forget last year durring the first month he was our best D and not necessarily because the others were playing like crap.
His hits are few, and far between. His reach in quite inadequate, and he can rarely clear the front of the net.

Useful player when used sparingly? Yes. A bonafide #6 or 7 dman? Nope, only in Montreal.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 06:58 PM
znk

Quote:
His hits are few, and far between. His reach in quite inadequate, and he can rarely clear the front of the net.

Useful player when used sparingly? Yes. A bonafide #6 or 7 dman? Nope, only in Montreal.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 07:19 PM
radir

Quote:

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app?fetc...tssPlayerStats

18th in the league (2nd in the team) for hits... few hits huh ?

radir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 07:33 PM
RE-HABS

Everyone says our D is soft, but then you see those hits stats posted by radir and we have two D from our team in the top 30 of the whole league for hits and both only played 67 games (Cube) and 71 games (Kommy - with limited ice time) respectively!

Souray and Rivet play a little hard nosed too, the pundits and critics in the media world obviously don't look at the numbers.

I think the experts under estimate this team, which is a good thing because I like being the under dog or dark horse.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote