HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-24-2013, 11:20 PM
  #801
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,937
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Ryder stopped before Bourque came back.
Actually SouthernHab has a point. In the 6 games prior to Bourque's return (April 9), Ryder had 6 goals and 1 assist. Including 4 points in the 2 games directly before Bourque came back.

But from April 9th until the end of the season (9 games), Ryder had 0 goals and 3 assists.

Although there's 2 things to consider - Ryder missed a game in that stretch, so it's possible he was playing hurt and would have put up lousy numbers regardless of who he was playing with. And the Canadiens were in a tailspin, so it's not unreasonable to expect Therrien to (a) juggle the lines and (b) put Ryder with different players in an effort to spark another line or spread the offense around.

So I suppose you could make a case either way, but the numbers do show that Ryder's numbers went into the tank exactly at the same time Bourque came back.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 11:21 PM
  #802
sammy d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Please stop this.

Burmistrov- no, no and no. Seen him play almost every game this year, lots of talent, but..if hockey is 90 % mental he's operating at about 40%. The guy doesn't get it and never will. Within 3 months you guys would be calling for his head.

Vanek- the guy who shows up for 2 months of the season. MB says he wants to build a team with character guys, Vanek and character should never be used in the same sentence.

Richards- Pretty much done, why would we want a player whose speed is par with a good 12 year old.

Heatly- same, almost done, no character.

Horton- over rated, plays a tough game when he has Lucic, Thornton and Chara protecting him, with us he would be one of those big guys who never uses his size, a *****cat.

That is all.

sammy d is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 11:32 PM
  #803
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
We do not need Halpern. He is redundant. Dumont has a better F/O%.

In 16 games, Halpern attempted 19 shots and only 13 were on net.

In 10 games, Dumont attempted 24 shots and 20 were on net.

Dumont plays with an edge and is far more grittier than Halpern.

Dumont is 22 years old. Halpern is 37 years old. Dumont has an upside, Halpern is looking at nothing more than declining.

Dumont would be a great fit between Moen/White and Bordeleau on the 4th line.

Thanks for your service once again Halpern. Time to find another team.

Neither Weber nor Drewiske is worth keeping around. I would much rather see Beaulieu as the 7D who rotates games with Boullion than seeing either of those two worthless D Plugs wearing the Habs sweater next season.

EDIT.......

I would even consider bringing O'Byrne back to fill in for Emelin until he is healthy enough to play again. When Emelin comes back, OB could become the #7.

But looking at his play in Toronto, he could very well be a useful 5/6 who is great at blocking shots and is more physical now than what he was the first time in Montreal.
I thuink it's an easy move to let Halpern and Armstrong walk and give more of a chance to Dumont and White...plus sign an enforcer as 13th forward.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 12:02 AM
  #804
1993
Registered User
 
1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
Please stop this.

Burmistrov- no, no and no. Seen him play almost every game this year, lots of talent, but..if hockey is 90 % mental he's operating at about 40%. The guy doesn't get it and never will. Within 3 months you guys would be calling for his head.

Vanek- the guy who shows up for 2 months of the season. MB says he wants to build a team with character guys, Vanek and character should never be used in the same sentence.

Richards- Pretty much done, why would we want a player whose speed is par with a good 12 year old.

Heatly- same, almost done, no character.

Horton- over rated, plays a tough game when he has Lucic, Thornton and Chara protecting him, with us he would be one of those big guys who never uses his size, a *****cat.

That is all.
Thank you. Someone that knows what he is talking about.

1993 is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 12:06 AM
  #805
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Nice article in some way. I guessing you would give Plekanec for Richard? I think even I would do this but not with that cap hit.
No. If Richards is bought out and signed in Montreal, it would be as a UFA. If the Habs traded Plekanec, they would get something potentially quite good in return. So in reality, it would be replacing Plekanec for Richards plus whatever Pleks would bring in a trade.

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 12:10 AM
  #806
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Moon
Country: United States
Posts: 9,487
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
I would take richards at 3 mill. He will bounce back and when he does... Watch out. Put him on a line with both gally's. Or patches. Wowzers

Richiebottles is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 01:04 AM
  #807
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Richards and Kovalchuk have rare skillsets where they can effectively man the blue line on the PP. Teams pay a premium for that skill because it allows them to save what it would cost (either in cap space, trade assets or sacrificing in own-zone ability) to acquire an offensive defenceman. That element is not valuable to the Habs until Markov leaves, so I don't see Richards as a fit.

Roulin is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 01:07 AM
  #808
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Actually SouthernHab has a point. In the 6 games prior to Bourque's return (April 9), Ryder had 6 goals and 1 assist. Including 4 points in the 2 games directly before Bourque came back.

But from April 9th until the end of the season (9 games), Ryder had 0 goals and 3 assists.

Although there's 2 things to consider - Ryder missed a game in that stretch, so it's possible he was playing hurt and would have put up lousy numbers regardless of who he was playing with. And the Canadiens were in a tailspin, so it's not unreasonable to expect Therrien to (a) juggle the lines and (b) put Ryder with different players in an effort to spark another line or spread the offense around.

So I suppose you could make a case either way, but the numbers do show that Ryder's numbers went into the tank exactly at the same time Bourque came back.
Thank you.

The beginning of the end for Ryder was the April 9 game. He had a chance to nail Ovechkin coming across the middle of the ice and Ryder instead went for a weak poke check with the stick. Ovechkin scored.

Ryder was bumped down to the third line for the next game. Bourque scored a goal on the Pleks line against Buffalo in a rout that clinched the playoffs.

Ryder never regained his form after that demotion. He seemed to mentally check out for the rest of the regular season and into the playoffs.

He's history in Montreal.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 08:04 AM
  #809
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
More like Top 9 winger at 3-4 million, maybe 4.5 million and a #3-4 d-man at 3-5 million. Plus add 13th forward and 8th defenseman (Bordeleau and I don't know [hehehehe that rhymed ])



Yes to all 4, except Bickell we won't get. He's almost another Prust. You know who should be playing like another Prust: TRAVIS ****ING MOEN. Where the **** did he go to and is he coming back to earth anytime soon...?



It's possible, but idk if you need to spend 4 million on him at age 30 something. We had that in Cole and it worked out, but Cole brings a dynamic that Heatley doesn't: some physicality with his size.
I forgot to add Torres to the list! (wishlist!).

Regehr
Bickell
Bordeleau
Torres
Staubitz



#1 priority...improve the toughness of our D-Corps...our D-Corps is too ''cream-puffs'' (except for Subban, Emelin...I'm a Gorges fan but Gorges-2012-2013 was only tough in the complaints' department...he should shut the **** up and play like he did before signing that big contract).
I don't want to rush Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Dietz, Thrower...


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 05-25-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 08:13 AM
  #810
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 500
Unbelievable...

Some here want to take B.Richards and dump Plekanec
****ing crazy contract!!! (B.Richards' contract).
And, ALL OF YOU complained about the Gomez contract!!

I can't be the only Hab fan here who is loyal to Pleks...
Never complains...underrated, two-way, solid #2 center. RARELY RARELY INJURED (this is so important in Habs' land, since so many Hab players are injured when it counts the most).
And, Pleks doesn't need to be surrounded by TWO big power forwards like Desharnais. We all know Desharnais owes 1/2 of his contract to Pacioretty and Cole.


First, Latendresse....now some of you want Nathan Horton????????????????????? :
are you ****ing kidding me????!!!! I don't ever want to see that ugly piece of ***** wearing the CH.
In a Hab jersey...Horton would come out of the closet (nothing wrong with that, but that's what he would do). You're never going to see Horton at Chez Paree...instead you'll see him at club781 (or club281?) whatever it's called (male strip club). And, again...nothing wrong with that!
He was/is tough around his boy-toy (Lucic), but once he leaves Boston...he'll get the make-up kit out.
Soon some of you will want piece-of-**** Chara in a Hab jersey. I swear I'll spit on his ****ing ugly face if I ever see him walking the streets of Montreal. (I may run after but I'll spit a huge one on his ****ing extremely ugly caveman-face for what he did to Pacioretty...will never ever forgive that).

Chara:
Chara's wife must really love money.

------------------------ ----------------------------

#1 priority:
add a tough ******-****** to our d-corps.


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 05-25-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 08:44 AM
  #811
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
We need a whole new D squad. I would only keep PK and Emelin.

Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 09:15 AM
  #812
Milhouse40
Registered User
 
Milhouse40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Unbelievable...

Some here want to take B.Richards and dump Plekanec
****ing crazy contract!!! (B.Richards' contract).
And, ALL OF YOU complained about the Gomez contract!!

I can't be the only Hab fan here who is loyal to Pleks...
Never complains...underrated, two-way, solid #2 center. RARELY RARELY INJURED (this is so important in Habs' land, since so many Hab players are injured when it counts the most).
And, Pleks doesn't need to be surrounded by TWO big power forwards like Desharnais. We all know Desharnais owes 1/2 of his contract to Pacioretty and Cole.


First, Latendresse....now some of you want Nathan Horton????????????????????? :
are you ****ing kidding me????!!!! I don't ever want to see that ugly piece of ***** wearing the CH.
In a Hab jersey...Horton would come out of the closet (nothing wrong with that, but that's what he would do). You're never going to see Horton at Chez Paree...instead you'll see him at club781 (or club281?) whatever it's called (male strip club). And, again...nothing wrong with that!
He was/is tough around his boy-toy (Lucic), but once he leaves Boston...he'll get the make-up kit out.
Soon some of you will want piece-of-**** Chara in a Hab jersey. I swear I'll spit on his ****ing ugly face if I ever see him walking the streets of Montreal. (I may run after but I'll spit a huge one on his ****ing extremely ugly caveman-face for what he did to Pacioretty...will never ever forgive that).

Chara:
Chara's wife must really love money.

------------------------ ----------------------------

#1 priority:
add a tough ******-****** to our d-corps.

Picking B. Richards contract would be bad but if he's bought out.......i would sign him to a new friendly-cap contract.

But i wouldn't dump Plek for him......but:

Richards: 4 years contract at around 4 - 4.5 millions
Desharnais: 4 years contract at 3.5 millions

I'll dump DD in a heartbeat and gladly pay the extra. Although Richards got some problems right now, still got 34 pts this season and 66 last year.

Richards - Plek - Eller at center would be nice (With Galchy in the oven...)

Milhouse40 is online now  
Old
05-25-2013, 09:49 AM
  #813
Marc-E-
Registered User
 
Marc-E-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
And Tinordi.

Marc-E- is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 09:55 AM
  #814
Marc-E-
Registered User
 
Marc-E-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
By resigning everybody but Ryder/ buy out Kaberle

Bourque - Plek - Horton
Pacioretty - DD - Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller- Gallagher
Prust - Halpern - Dumont/White

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Gorges
Bouillon - Diaz
Drewiske - Weber

Price
Budaj


Not bad, would still replace Gionta, but for who?
Bourque - Plek - *Stalberg or Bickell
Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller- Gionta
Prust - Dumont- *Bordeleau

Subban- Gorges
Markov -*Fistric
Bouillon - Diaz
Tinordi
*Emelin: Out until November

Price
Budaj

Marc-E- is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:16 AM
  #815
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
Bourque - Plek - *Stalberg or Bickell
Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller- Gionta
Prust - Dumont- *Bordeleau

Subban- Gorges
Markov -*Fistric
Bouillon - Diaz
Tinordi
*Emelin: Out until November

Price
Budaj



Not really first line players. I wouldn't mind picking one of them up, but not for the top line. 3rd liners who can step into the top 6 if someones injured I guess.
I'd have Pac,Gally,Chuckie,Eller and Gio ahead of them.

Dagistitsyn is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:25 AM
  #816
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Unbelievable...

Some here want to take B.Richards and dump Plekanec
****ing crazy contract!!! (B.Richards' contract).
And, ALL OF YOU complained about the Gomez contract!!
I think that you missed some of the conversation or you didn't read it all... the contract has absolutely no effect as we're talking in the event the Rangers buy him out. Richards then becomes a UFA.

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:40 AM
  #817
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,527
vCash: 500
Since Georges McPhee seems to become the next brainfart GM in the league, we should try to trade for this guy:



He needs a change of scenery.

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:56 AM
  #818
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Since Georges McPhee seems to become the next brainfart GM in the league, we should try to trade for this guy:



He needs a change of scenery.
GMGM will never trade ovie, he wants to win a cup and the proof of that was trading for Erat. Even if he would be listening to offers it would take more than we are willing to give, I don't think I would want to give up something like Galchenyuk++ to get a 27 year old Ovechkin. Goal scorers usually have their best years before the age of 25 so I wouldn't take a chance on him.

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:59 AM
  #819
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Since Georges McPhee seems to become the next brainfart GM in the league, we should try to trade for this guy:



He needs a change of scenery.
Yea, I'm not sure there is such a big brainfart.
Either way, look at what it would cost...plus his cap hit...how do you build around that.

otto bond is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 12:23 PM
  #820
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post


Not really first line players. I wouldn't mind picking one of them up, but not for the top line. 3rd liners who can step into the top 6 if someones injured I guess.
I'd have Pac,Gally,Chuckie,Eller and Gio ahead of them.
Neither are top-6 players, not even close to 1st liners. Bourque is a much better player than either of them and he is oftentimes no better than a 3rd liner. We'd have to look elsewhere for top-6 players.

Draft is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 12:36 PM
  #821
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,682
vCash: 500
I like kassian. No, the other kassian, the one that can play and is slightly mental

MasterDecoy is online now  
Old
05-25-2013, 05:29 PM
  #822
Wheeljack
Registered User
 
Wheeljack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Shea Weber

I was thinking of this this past few days. What if Shea Weber was available on the trade block, you think the Habs can go and ask Nashville for the price asked? Is Bergevin willing to sacrifice some youth and pics for Shea Weber? Cause we all know he is a brute and one of the best D-MAN in the NHL. I would like to see the Habs at least try and acquire him. But what the price will be?

Wheeljack is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 05:30 PM
  #823
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
I was thinking of this this past few days. What if Shea Weber was available on the trade block, you think the Habs can go and ask Nashville for the price asked? Is Bergevin willing to sacrifice some youth and pics for Shea Weber? Cause we all know he is a brute and one of the best D-MAN in the NHL. I would like to see the Habs at least try and acquire him. But what the price will be?
Subban +....

BLONG7 is online now  
Old
05-25-2013, 05:33 PM
  #824
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,937
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
I was thinking of this this past few days. What if Shea Weber was available on the trade block, you think the Habs can go and ask Nashville for the price asked? Is Bergevin willing to sacrifice some youth and pics for Shea Weber? Cause we all know he is a brute and one of the best D-MAN in the NHL. I would like to see the Habs at least try and acquire him. But what the price will be?
Think of all the assets the Canadiens have that you don't want to trade...that's what the asking price will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
He needs a change of scenery.
The guy that was just named a finalist for the Hart?

hototogisu is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 05:39 PM
  #825
Wheeljack
Registered User
 
Wheeljack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Think of all the assets the Canadiens have that you don't want to trade...that's what the asking price will be.

Well I don't mind if we sacrifice a some youth

Wheeljack is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.