HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 10: Happy to stay at the team

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 08:14 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by duari91 View Post
That sounds like a cool challenge! Personally, I will handicap myself quite a bit to make it challenging.

1. I only draft players out of the USA.
2. I can only claim, trade, and sign USA players.
3. I cannot trade for a player worth more than 3 stars(still must be from the USA).
4. I cannot sign players during the free agency.

I found this to be quite challenging for me. It takes me a goo 5-7 seasons to build a decent team. Only because I rely on the draft heavily. Eventually, I get to the point where my entire team consists of drafted players. That is fun, indeed!
My only handicap on this file is I won't edit any players or use the 56k salary bug. Made it to the SCF and lost to the Canadiens in 6 games in my first year with the Cleveland Crusaders. My top line consists of Bryan Trottier-Phil Esposito-(Can't remember first name) Golikov. In the draft, I picked up 14 players , dumped a bunch of guys for picks during the season I knew I wouldn't want/need going forward so I picked up a bunch of Russians/Swedes/etc. in the draft. Another interesting thing I found is I drafted Marian Stastny, but when I sign him, he accepts but then it says I can't sign him because of some transfer agreement thing... weird.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Treb

vCash: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
I actually find myself drafting USA players more often than any other nation. They usually spend 3 years in college which gives them time to develop, and it's pretty easy to snag some good Americans in the later rounds. I just view the stats of the prospects and sort by points, the leaders are usually Americans playing in the NAHL/USHL, and their attributes are fairly decent. Almost every draft, there's a player who puts up 140 points in the USHL, but is ranked 90th by ISS. I pick him up in the 3rd round and he usually turns out to be a pretty solid player.
Russians are the way to go. With the TBL 5.3d database, I always have super russian every draft in most rounds. Good thing I have the Capitals as my team in that database.

Old
05-23-2013, 12:21 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Russians are the way to go. With the TBL 5.3d database, I always have super russian every draft in most rounds. Good thing I have the Capitals as my team in that database.
I've been leaning twords Russians..

Old
05-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

Quote:
Yeah, with all the Eastern Bloc draftees I've gotten in the last draft or two, it's a bloody UN meeting at training camp...

I make rules for myself with this though. I won't bring over most Europeans unless I really believe they can be an asset to the NHL club. I won't pull players over that I don't believe would actually come over (i.e. a Latvian that plays for Dinamo Riga I use very heavy caution with, a player that signs a long-term, six-figure deal in their home country probably doesn't want to come over, etc.). Signing a KHLer that doesn't speak English and sticking him in Idaho of the ECHL for three years seems cruel. If I don't think he can make the NHL within 18 months, I probably will just let them stay in their home country.

Old
05-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
I just downloaded that roster set, still haven't decided which team I'm going to use though. I've had 2 files on EHM all the way up to 2040-2041 both with the Blues, so I figured I'd go with an Eastern Conference team this time. I don't want a super stacked team, so I'm thinking Carolina or Winnipeg.

Old
05-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Marns
@thestretchpass

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I really love the guys at EHM, they've kept this game going.
I just wish they would respond to my emails about the fact that I can no longer load the game anymore, despite having paid for it legitimately. Does anyone happen to have the email address of someone who might be able to help me out?

Old
05-23-2013, 06:48 PM
John McClane

vCash: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoewsables View Post
@John McClane

Best guess would be Rick Nash.
Probably a good guess. He wears 61 as a number, so that's probably right.
Here's what he looks like 2 seasons later:

Proud of him so far. He's been pretty good for me. Unfortunately, the rest of my team hasn't been great and I've been bounced in the second and first round in the last two years. After about four Stanley Cups and about six or seven SCF appearance, my team is finally slowing down. It's a shame.

Old
05-24-2013, 06:59 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

McClane's (likely) Nash regen reminded me of something I always disliked. I wish physical stats were a bit less random on regens... like if they are a good player, the physical stats should start out a bit better. Always sucks when the technicals and mentals are great and then physically, they suck.

Old
05-25-2013, 05:52 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marns View Post
I just wish they would respond to my emails about the fact that I can no longer load the game anymore, despite having paid for it legitimately. Does anyone happen to have the email address of someone who might be able to help me out?
Sadly they are the guys to talk to too.

Old
05-25-2013, 06:36 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Took this screenshot because I remember people always talking about how with the 74/75 DB, Bossy never became anything. I was following him because I was interested, he's playing on their 2nd line with PP time. He's actually made some good progression in his technical skills and his stats are fairly good too.

I also had an idea. I wish there was two more hidden attributes in the game. Some sort of "multiplier" attribute where it would multiply the person's attributes on a per-game basis and then an attribute for how often it would happen. I was just thinking it would be a way to separate the "great players" from the "best players" cause someone like Gretzky in game could have the same stats as Crosby. Just a funny idea

Old
05-26-2013, 03:06 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post

Took this screenshot because I remember people always talking about how with the 74/75 DB, Bossy never became anything. I was following him because I was interested, he's playing on their 2nd line with PP time. He's actually made some good progression in his technical skills and his stats are fairly good too.

I also had an idea. I wish there was two more hidden attributes in the game. Some sort of "multiplier" attribute where it would multiply the person's attributes on a per-game basis and then an attribute for how often it would happen. I was just thinking it would be a way to separate the "great players" from the "best players" cause someone like Gretzky in game could have the same stats as Crosby. Just a funny idea
there is already some "consistency" attribute implemented. With maximum (20) the player will paly his best every game.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:04 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
there is already some "consistency" attribute implemented. With maximum (20) the player will paly his best every game.
Yeah, I know about the consistency stat, I just figured if there was one more element involved it would be able to increase the differential between skill levels. But the game is pretty great as it is. Still impressed with how many years of fun it's provided me with.

Old
05-27-2013, 01:33 AM
Carlzner

How do I get the attributes to appear in 1-100 format, instead of 1-20?

Also, the only USA players mode sounds fun... would also fix some of the things that really turn me off from the game, like Free Agency and how hard it is to really build a team sometimes, without spending a ton every offseason in FA.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlzner View Post
How do I get the attributes to appear in 1-100 format, instead of 1-20?
Options>Preferences -> check Alternative Attribute Ranges

Old
05-28-2013, 10:38 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I think I'm going to try the USA only thing.

Old
05-29-2013, 08:49 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Man I wish my old laptop didn't crap the bed...Miss playing this game...Wish I had save my code when I bought the game three years ago so I can play it on my new lap top

Old
05-30-2013, 03:01 AM
alko

How it looks like with Slovak leagues?

Old
05-30-2013, 08:16 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post

Just wanted to note that this is the first time I've played the 74-75 DB (3 times in total) and Mike Bossy has actually gotten good. I saw a few other posters mentioning him never doing much but for the North Stars, his rookie season he had 28 goals and 61 points. Last year he had 40-something goals and 80+ points. This year he's on pace to be over PPG. When he started, his wristshot was 16 and everything else was orange now almost all his technical attributes are 14 with his wristshot being 20.

Old
05-31-2013, 11:44 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

How do I find good regens in the draft and in late rounds ?

Old
06-01-2013, 11:40 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
How do I find good regens in the draft and in late rounds ?
A couple things for myself. First off, luck. Gotta hope they regen from lesser known countries and play in less known leagues. Second, I use scouts in a lot of places so most guys will have a scouting report. Then take a look at their projected role/player and see what their stats are like. If they're half decent, you might have something.

Old
06-02-2013, 04:42 AM
mike14

I've just started playing EHM 07 again after a very long absence. I've updated it so the rosters are current and it load from 2012, but it keeps kicking me out on Sept 30. Is this a known problem and is there any fix for it?

Many thanks

Old
06-02-2013, 06:12 PM
John McClane

vCash: 990
Was looking at Sean Couturiers stats because I figure he's about to retire (His contracts up and hes 40. One of the last remaining "real" players in my game right now). Was surprised, he won 10 Stanley Cups in his career! Three with the Canucks, one with the Flames, and six with the Panthers (Me). He was also part of the runner up team four times for the Cup. He's also won World Junior gold, two Olympic gold medals, the World Cup. Pretty cool. I'm sure you guys have had players like this, I just find it interesting.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:13 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
Was looking at Sean Couturiers stats because I figure he's about to retire (His contracts up and hes 40. One of the last remaining "real" players in my game right now). Was surprised, he won 10 Stanley Cups in his career! Three with the Canucks, one with the Flames, and six with the Panthers (Me). He was also part of the runner up team four times for the Cup. He's also won World Junior gold, two Olympic gold medals, the World Cup. Pretty cool. I'm sure you guys have had players like this, I just find it interesting.
I generally do but if they haven't been on my team, they usually haven't had a Cup. On my main file, once I retire from the Habs, I'm gonna go somewhere else (potentially different league) though and let the dynasty end.

Having a ton of fun with the 75/76 DB though; Won two cups in four years, with SCF appearances in all four. Both losses have been to the Canadiens, one win against the Flyers and then this last year, game seven vs. the Canadiens we won.

Old
06-03-2013, 06:35 PM
SirKillalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSMANIAC View Post
Man I wish my old laptop didn't crap the bed...Miss playing this game...Wish I had save my code when I bought the game three years ago so I can play it on my new lap top
If you know what e-mail you used and around the time you bought it, you can mail e-license and ask for a new code.

Did it last year, it worked.

06-08-2013, 04:52 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

what a name...

Last edited by RJ8812*: 02-26-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Closed Thread