HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Yahoo trade proposals

Old
09-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Jakethesnake

vCash: 500
I know everyone thinks they will roll me because of my goaltending, and the fact I didnt pick a defensemen (save Chara) until the 13th round, but I think you will realise that.....

1. There is not separate scoring for defenders, they are grouped in with forwards, and therefore, forwards are far more valuable than defensemen (Since they score more)

2. There are only 5 scoring categories for Goalies (7 for skaters) making skaters more valuable

3. I dont need a dominant goalies becuase my offense will destroy everyone elses

4. My starting goalies are pretty darn underrated considering they are both starters for what will be playoff teams

5. There is no way in Hell England beats Australia in Australia. Its just not going to happen. There is a reason why it took you guys 17 YEARS to win them back.

Jakethesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake View Post
I know everyone thinks they will roll me because of my goaltending, and the fact I didnt pick a defensemen (save Chara) until the 13th round, but I think you will realise that.....

1. There is not separate scoring for defenders, they are grouped in with forwards, and therefore, forwards are far more valuable than defensemen (Since they score more)

2. There are only 5 scoring categories for Goalies (7 for skaters) making skaters more valuable

3. I dont need a dominant goalies becuase my offense will destroy everyone elses

4. My starting goalies are pretty darn underrated considering they are both starters for what will be playoff teams
1. Forwards are indeed more valuable than defensemen, however you want to wisely use the 4 defensive slots that you have. Luckily they won't be relied on as much thanks to the extra forward slots I gave everyone. Still if you can get 1 or 2 useful defensemen it can mean the difference between a win and a loss.

2. This is not too wise an assumption. There are indeed only 5 goalie categories but you only have 2 active goalies to pull in those stats each week. They're more valuable than you think. To each his own strategy of course.

3. You don't need dominant goalies, you need good ones, but you don't even need consistent ones. What you need like all your players, are players that can beat your opponent's that week. Even if your guys aren't all that hot at the time, as long as they better than your opponent's then you will be fine. Auld and Toivonen have some good potential, however in this league there are a lot of owned goalies that could beat them out. Only time can tell.

4. As for that, well underrated yes but playoff teams remains to be seen (barring Emery though he won't be a starter without Gerber getting injured). Of course fantasy doesn't care about the playoffs. The fantasy playoffs occur during the final weeks of regular season play, which is fun cause it's when a lot of teams will be fighting hard for spots.

Best of luck, everyone doesn't have to use the same strategy and this new NHL is a lot more unpredictable than most think.

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 11:31 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake View Post

5. There is no way in Hell England beats Australia in Australia. Its just not going to happen. There is a reason why it took you guys 17 YEARS to win them back.
Hahaha. It is gonna be tough, but it will be very close. Everyone expects England to lose, but you are basically relying on Warne. If Warne has an average series, we will win IMO. Kinda sucks that we have had injuries to Flintoff, Jones, Anderson (would have been a great bowler) and to a less extent Vaughan.

Damn it, someone please give me a LW.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 12:06 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Lecavalier is available for LW. Im unsure of his trade value, but am looking for a top LW back.

Out of interest who has Rick Nash?

Old
09-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

My evaluations of everyone's teams:

Coral Springs Crush: Strengths in goaltending and center. Not overpowering on wings but solid nonetheless. Defense is good as well though Rozsival is questionable to repeat his +/- of last year.

Orlando Thunder: Incredible strength at RW and some good D. Goaltending is slightly up in the air though likely to succeed. Is however already marred by the injuries to both Stillman and Kaberle (good thing for 2 IR spots).

Ottawa Ice Storm: Fantastic LW and promising centers. Forsberg guaranteed to get injured but should have enough to back it up if Briere stays healthy too. RW is questionable while goaltending should in theory be strong enough from Brodeur and Huet.

Calgary Psycho's (apostraphes don't make plurals ): Solid centers. Will rely heavily on Fernandez if Ward cannot show up and most likely Legace can't win enough in St. Louis. Otherwise a fairly well rounded team that was upped a bit via waivers.

English Velocity: Strength most likely at center and definitely at defense. Goaltending hinges on repeating Lundqvist and healthy Lehtonen. LW is lacking (you know that already heh) while RW will need to overachieve from last year.

The Kangeroos: Excellent LW with an older but experienced center set and some pretty good D. RW still have something to prove this year but are likely to break out/repeat in some areas. Biggest question in goal, where none have proven to be completely reliable in fantasy yet, of course that could change this year.

Canadian Panther Fan (I wonder who owns this team ): Very accomplished goalies, looks good on the wing. Centers are an interesting mix of solid, possibly past prime, and unproven. Defense along with other players repeating could excel on assists against any opponent, while this team would make a rather nifty top line.

Oh and J17, I'm afraid I won't be trading D. Sedin, just don't see a reason to part with him. I'm pretty happy with my team and I don't even think Lecavalier would entice me.

Old
09-12-2006, 11:25 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
My evaluations of everyone's teams:

Coral Springs Crush: Strengths in goaltending and center. Not overpowering on wings but solid nonetheless. Defense is good as well though Rozsival is questionable to repeat his +/- of last year.

Orlando Thunder: Incredible strength at RW and some good D. Goaltending is slightly up in the air though likely to succeed. Is however already marred by the injuries to both Stillman and Kaberle (good thing for 2 IR spots).

Ottawa Ice Storm: Fantastic LW and promising centers. Forsberg guaranteed to get injured but should have enough to back it up if Briere stays healthy too. RW is questionable while goaltending should in theory be strong enough from Brodeur and Huet.

Calgary Psycho's (apostraphes don't make plurals ): Solid centers. Will rely heavily on Fernandez if Ward cannot show up and most likely Legace can't win enough in St. Louis. Otherwise a fairly well rounded team that was upped a bit via waivers.

English Velocity: Strength most likely at center and definitely at defense. Goaltending hinges on repeating Lundqvist and healthy Lehtonen. LW is lacking (you know that already heh) while RW will need to overachieve from last year.

The Kangeroos: Excellent LW with an older but experienced center set and some pretty good D. RW still have something to prove this year but are likely to break out/repeat in some areas. Biggest question in goal, where none have proven to be completely reliable in fantasy yet, of course that could change this year.

Canadian Panther Fan (I wonder who owns this team ): Very accomplished goalies, looks good on the wing. Centers are an interesting mix of solid, possibly past prime, and unproven. Defense along with other players repeating could excel on assists against any opponent, while this team would make a rather nifty top line.

Oh and J17, I'm afraid I won't be trading D. Sedin, just don't see a reason to part with him. I'm pretty happy with my team and I don't even think Lecavalier would entice me.
Haha, no problem. My RW is actually very good IMO. Lupul, Hemsky and Bouchard are all three players who are going to put up monster points this year. Im happy with my G, Lundqvist is very good and Lehtonen injury free is alot better than guys like Auld.

Old
09-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

I would just as easily have taken Lundqvist if that was what I wanted at the time, he was fantastic last year and Lehtonen is potentially too. I don't know about Lupul yet, but Hemsky is due to breakout more this year and Bouchard was very useful for me last year, if you recall he wound up being playable at every forward position, very invaluable. Lehtonen better than Auld? Stats aside, who's team are you rooting for? jk

Old
09-12-2006, 12:08 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
I would just as easily have taken Lundqvist if that was what I wanted at the time, he was fantastic last year and Lehtonen is potentially too. I don't know about Lupul yet, but Hemsky is due to breakout more this year and Bouchard was very useful for me last year, if you recall he wound up being playable at every forward position, very invaluable. Lehtonen better than Auld? Stats aside, who's team are you rooting for? jk
Lupul will put up similar points to Horton. Bouchard supposedly will rack up huge numbers of assists this year. Hemsky is going to be one of the top RW scorers around, i always trade for him in Hockey games. I always had a line of Chistov - Weiss - Hemsky on my second line. They made about 40 Million dollars combined .
I just can't ever really big up Alex Bald.

Lecavalier is still available. I knew we should have invited some Bolts. They'd give up alot .

Old
09-12-2006, 07:55 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Lupul will put up similar points to Horton. Bouchard supposedly will rack up huge numbers of assists this year. Hemsky is going to be one of the top RW scorers around, i always trade for him in Hockey games. I always had a line of Chistov - Weiss - Hemsky on my second line. They made about 40 Million dollars combined .
I just can't ever really big up Alex Bald.

Lecavalier is still available. I knew we should have invited some Bolts. They'd give up alot .
Cuz is strong,going to Edm . hate it though Expect increased ice time,8-12 shots on goal,#1 p.p. unit all the time & 35-45 goals this season from him.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 09:34 PM
RedHotChiliPanthers

Send a message via MSN to RedHotChiliPanthers
Quote:
Briere is not on my team.

This is my lineup:

LW A. Ovechkin
LW L. Nagy
LW E. Cole
LW R. Smyth
C P. Forsberg
C P. Bergeron
C H. Sedin
C N. Horton
C B. Boyes
RW T. Bertuzzi
RW S. Sullivan
RW M. Hejduk
D S. Niedermayer
D W. Redden
D J-M. Liles
D T. Preissing
D E. Jovanovski
G M. Brodeur
G C. Huet

For what it's worth, I see it like this:

I have the best group of LWs (Kangaroo is the only one even close)
I have a real solid group of Centers (expecting improvements from all of them except for Forsberg)
I have a decent group of RWs (counting on a big upgrade from Hejduk and the comeback of Bert and Sullivan repeating last year's output)
I have the best defense, not even close
I have as good of a goaltending duo out there with plenty of options via free agency if needed in the case of injuries.

The only position I might look to improve is RW, but I'm still comfortable if I start the season as is.

Question: How does a player become playable at another position? Will Horton be moved to RW once the season start? If that's the case, I would be in really great shape.

RedHotChiliPanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 02:39 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotChiliPanthers View Post

This is my lineup:

LW A. Ovechkin
LW L. Nagy
LW E. Cole
LW R. Smyth
C P. Forsberg
C P. Bergeron
C H. Sedin
C N. Horton
C B. Boyes
RW T. Bertuzzi
RW S. Sullivan
RW M. Hejduk
D S. Niedermayer
D W. Redden
D J-M. Liles
D T. Preissing
D E. Jovanovski
G M. Brodeur
G C. Huet

I have a real solid group of Centers (expecting improvements from all of them except for Forsberg)
I have a decent group of RWs (counting on a big upgrade from Hejduk and the comeback of Bert and Sullivan repeating last year's output)
I have as good of a goaltending duo out there with plenty of options via free agency if needed in the case of injuries.

The only position I might look to improve is RW, but I'm still comfortable if I start the season as is.

Question: How does a player become playable at another position? Will Horton be moved to RW once the season start? If that's the case, I would be in really great shape.
Dude, my D is better. Lidstrom, Pitkanen, Bouwmeester, Stuart is IMO better.
You have a sick team, but the only area you need to upgrade is RW.

Old
09-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotChiliPanthers View Post

This is my lineup:

LW A. Ovechkin
LW L. Nagy
LW E. Cole
LW R. Smyth
C P. Forsberg
C P. Bergeron
C H. Sedin
C N. Horton
C B. Boyes
RW T. Bertuzzi
RW S. Sullivan
RW M. Hejduk
D S. Niedermayer
D W. Redden
D J-M. Liles
D T. Preissing
D E. Jovanovski
G M. Brodeur
G C. Huet

How strange I must have looked at the wrong team or thought I saw Briere. Anyway your RW is good it's only questionable because Bertuzzi needs to hopefully improve and Hejduk still has to have a post lockout rebound. I don't know if you have the best D because Preissing still has some stuff to prove and Jovo will likely get injured. It's a very good team and at least you look prepared for Center injuries. As for positions, Yahoo will usually wait until it sees a player playing different positions than what they normally do. To be frank I don't know that they ever had Horton as a RW last year, they aren't always perfect. Pretty sure Stumpel never got converted either.

Old
09-13-2006, 10:46 AM
RedHotChiliPanthers

Send a message via MSN to RedHotChiliPanthers
Quote:
How strange I must have looked at the wrong team or thought I saw Briere. Anyway your RW is good it's only questionable because Bertuzzi needs to hopefully improve and Hejduk still has to have a post lockout rebound. I don't know if you have the best D because Preissing still has some stuff to prove and Jovo will likely get injured. It's a very good team and at least you look prepared for Center injuries. As for positions, Yahoo will usually wait until it sees a player playing different positions than what they normally do. To be frank I don't know that they ever had Horton as a RW last year, they aren't always perfect. Pretty sure Stumpel never got converted either.
As far as Bert, yes, I hope he improves, but even he doesn't really improve, he's one of the top fantasy RWs since his PIMs will be valuable and I can expect his +/- to improve with more responsible linemates and coach. Hejduk can end up being a total steal.

Preissing already had great numbers last year, but he will play with either Redden or Phillips, so you can expect a great +/- and he will see a lot of PP time in Ottawa (likely 1st unit) and this is a contract year for him as well. Yes, Jovo will likely get injured at some point, but he's only my 5th dman. The other 4 have been real durable.

RedHotChiliPanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 06:28 PM
CanadianPantherFan

How am I not "even close" to TOP L.W. with Kovalchuk and then Frolov/Vanek as my #2/#3 guys

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Jakethesnake

Because I have 3 40 goal scorers (Heatley, Nash, Gagne) and u (like RHCP) only have 1

Jakethesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Eadig

vCash: 50
I have a question when you trade for someone does it happen right away, because I traded Brunette for Wolski before the game but it says on my roster that I still have Brunette? But when i edit my lines it says i have Wolski, if it is Wolski do i get that goal?

Eadig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 11:02 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eadig View Post
I have a question when you trade for someone does it happen right away, because I traded Brunette for Wolski before the game but it says on my roster that I still have Brunette? But when i edit my lines it says i have Wolski, if it is Wolski do i get that goal?
Nope unfortunately the player can't play on your team until the following day after the transaction, so the Wolski's goal tonight didn't count. Starting tomorrow (Thursday), he'll be on your roster.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Eadig

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Nope unfortunately the player can't play on your team until the following day after the transaction, so the Wolski's goal tonight didn't count. Starting tomorrow (Thursday), he'll be on your roster.
NOOOOOO , oh well thanks anyways.

Eadig is offline   Reply With Quote