HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Thread Pt. II (Del Zotto has surgery to repair sports hernia)

Old
05-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

vCash: 500
I really, really want to know if Nash was hurt.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Crease

I suspect we'll learn more during break-up day.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Crease

http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-13-pl...ce=twitterfeed

Stralman had facial fractures and a separated shoulder, which kept him out of the lineup the past two games.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Girardi was subpar, expecting he had some injury, also the way MDZ was playing he must have a head injury

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Glass's Skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-13-pl...he-is-healthy/

Seems like he just sucks at hockey.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-13-pl...he-is-healthy/

Seems like he just sucks at hockey.
If he truly wasn't hurt, this was one of the biggest playoff chokes in franchise history by an individual player.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:19 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-13-pl...ce=twitterfeed

Stralman had facial fractures and a separated shoulder, which kept him out of the lineup the past two games.
Lucic

Hopefully he's ready to go for training camp. Shame to see his season ended on that hit, he was a joy to watch.

05-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
If he truly wasn't hurt, this was one of the biggest playoff chokes in franchise history by an individual player.
Oh please, thats hyperbole.

He is the only major forward offensive threat on this team. Other teams Dmen can afford to smother the hell out of him.

The Rangers have to hope they can either bring in another scoring threat or hope one emerges within their ranks. Thats going to maximize Rick Nash's output. Nash looked a lot better when Gabs was around.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Oh please, thats hyperbole.

He is the only major forward offensive threat on this team. Other teams Dmen can afford to smother the hell out of him.
And? He is not the only major offensive threat on this team. So is Derek Stepan, I don't see ******** excuses for him like it was for Nash as being "double-teamed" by top defenders. That is one of the more silliest things I've heard.

Quote:
The Rangers have to hope they can either bring in another scoring threat or hope one emerges within their ranks. Thats going to maximize Rick Nash's output. Nash looked a lot better when Gabs was around.
I don't really buy that. Nash isn't that good. He played with another scoring threat in Carter and Carter had his worst stretch of his career. He played with Gaborik and he was eventually shipped off 30 games in. Elite players make others around them better and I don't see that effect from Nash. Good 1st line complimentary scorer however.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
And? He is not the only major offensive threat on this team. So is Derek Stepan, I don't see ******** excuses for him like it was for Nash as being "double-teamed" by top defenders. That is one of the more silliest things I've heard.

I don't really buy that. Nash isn't that good. He played with another scoring threat in Carter and Carter had his worst stretch of his career. He played with Gaborik and he was eventually shipped off 30 games in. Elite players make others around them better and I don't see that effect from Nash. Good 1st line complimentary scorer however.
Step was playing predominately as a our second line center in the playoffs. Even though he is a threat, he is not the threat of Rick Nash. Nor does he get primary assignment from enemy back checkers like Nash does.

Nash didn't make Step and Hags better earlier in the season? Nash wasn't thrown around by our idiot coach and forced to play with Richards for stretches?

I think you have selective memory.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Step was playing predominately as a our second line center in the playoffs. Even though he is a threat, he is not the threat of Rick Nash. Nor does he get primary assignment from enemy back checkers like Nash does.
Nash was matched up against the Chara unit and the Lucic line.

Stepan was matched up against Bergeron's unit and Boychuk unit.

Chara is an elite defenseman, but Bergeron is the best defensive forward in hockey.

Quote:
Nash didn't make Step and Hags better earlier in the season? Nash wasn't thrown around by our idiot coach and forced to play with Richards for stretches?

I think you have selective memory.
Stepan scored at higher rate down the stretch, I am inclined to believe he, as a playmaking center made the linemates around him better. He was producing with Callahan or Nash on his wing. Just my opinion.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:

Chara is an elite defenseman, but Bergeron is the best defensive forward in hockey.

Stepan scored at higher rate down the stretch, I am inclined to believe he, as a playmaking center made the linemates around him better. He was producing with Callahan or Nash on his wing. Just my opinion.
Bergeron was mainly matched up against Boyle for the most the series or at least when Torts could get it out there.

Step didn't have the defensive pressures that Nash did in that series. Now, granted, I don't think Steps line mates helped him out all that much.

Hags, despite a couple good games, was mostly invisible. Cally was fairly mediocre during the playoffs and yet got a TON of ice time.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:

Hags, despite a couple good games, was mostly invisible. Cally was fairly mediocre during the playoffs and yet got a TON of ice time.
Hagelin was never the same after he got injured early in the Caps series. It was unfortunate because you could tell he was bringing his all this postseason before the injury. I think he could have been a bigger difference maker.

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
Hagelin was never the same after he got injured early in the Caps series. It was unfortunate because you could tell he was bringing his all this postseason before the injury. I think he could have been a bigger difference maker.
Personally, I think the biggest issue was when Hags-Step-Nash was broken up after having a great stretch of games.

They never were able to rekindle their chemistry after Torts forced Nash to play with Richards.

Imo, there were two instances in this season where Torts "coaching" really messed with the team:

1)Injected Boyle back into the lineup when Miller-Krieder were looking pretty good but struggled against the Bruins in the season

2)Putting Richards with Nash after he came back from injuries.

Both times this team was finding its ways, both times Torts tinkering screwed up a good thing. Both times we still had Gabs on the roster.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Bergeron was mainly matched up against Boyle for the most the series or at least when Torts could get it out there.

Step didn't have the defensive pressures that Nash did in that series. Now, granted, I don't think Steps line mates helped him out all that much.

Stepan got matched up against Bergeron and Backstrom, the two best centers and defensive forwards on both rosters.

Old
05-26-2013, 02:54 PM
3rd Guy High

Quote:
Stepan got matched up against Bergeron and Backstrom, the two best centers and defensive forwards on both rosters.
So stop *****ing about his performance then. He still managed to put up 2 Game winners and a clutch 3rd goal in game 4. He was our leading goal scorer. Stepan did his job. Backstrom was shut down, Bergeron was shut down, and Stepan put up some clutch goals. He was fine.

Also, if Nash was really not hurt, I want him traded ASAP.

Last edited by 3rd Guy High: 05-26-2013 at 03:00 PM.
3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
Would've, could've, should've..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 03:37 PM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

Could Staal's injury be career-ending? I shutter to think but we may have to consider that...I PRAY he is 100% for training camp

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Guy High View Post
So stop *****ing about his performance then. He still managed to put up 2 Game winners and a clutch 3rd goal in game 4. He was our leading goal scorer. Stepan did his job. Backstrom was shut down, Bergeron was shut down, and Stepan put up some clutch goals. He was fine.

Also, if Nash was really not hurt, I want him traded ASAP.
I said nothing such about Stepan. I was in fact defending him in this thread.

Quote:

Quote:

Old
05-26-2013, 03:44 PM
jniklast

I'm mostly with Kershaw on this one. It definitely wasn't nowhere near the biggest choke in history, but Nash was very disappointing. It didn't even started in the playoffs, it started before, right when we were really fighting for our playoff spot. And don't even start with "He was matched against the opposing teams best defenders!". That's just a very weak excuse. Good players still find a way. As was posted, Stepan still did more than Nash and even more obviously Brassard delivered and outproduced Nash even when they were on the same line.

Nash was very disappointing when he was needed most. He has to be better, simple as that.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSauer View Post
Could Staal's injury be career-ending? I shutter to think but we may have to consider that...I PRAY he is 100% for training camp
The doctors told him that with time the vision will be 100%, but that that amount of time varies from person to person. So he should be back.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 02:09 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

Jim Cerny ‏@JimCerny 10m
Staal says his eyesight will never be 100%, but he is confident time will heal it enough so that he won;t have to answer about it again

I thought the doctors said it was going to heal fully...

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 02:35 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

They never said it would fully heal or guaranteed the eye would fully heal. They said the injury wasn't career ending or career threatening. The eye was torn by the puck which caused Staal to be dizzy. The pressure in the eye.

Quote:
Staal said the puck caused a tear in his eye and it would cramp, making him feel dizzy. He said he was starting to feel better in last week.
Quote:
Staal says his eye will probably never be fully recovered but he expects to return at the same level he was playing at before the injury.
https://twitter.com/drosennhl

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 02:54 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

That sounds awful.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 03:00 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Feel terrible for Staal. Hope he improves over the summer, for no other reason than his own personal well being.

Seems to be one thing after another with this franchise. Staal, Sauer, not even mentioning the most tragic thing that has ever happened to a team I root for. Tough.

Keep at it Marc.