HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) III

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2013, 12:59 PM
otto bond

vCash: 500
So it comes down to where Tirnordi 's at and how can Beaulieu take is game to the NHL.
In 2 years, we could see PK with Tinordi and Emelin with Beaulieu. It has potential but what about next year? Next year, I can see Tinordi playing with PK. Emelin coming in late November means we need a Physical Dman who can play 20 minutes a night. Gorges is a 18 minutes guy IMO, 20-22 on some night. Will we trade Markov? tough call. Would I? it depend what offers are like.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Assume MB is targeting the team to have an open window, to be contenders, this year or next and then to be contenders for some years to come. In that case guys that are signed for 3 years plus for sure need to be playing at about the level they were playing at when we signed them for the length of the contract or else no thanks, no Cole repeats. The question is since Regehr will get a 3-4 year deal, are we confident he wont really deteriorate in the last 2-3 years of his contract. Hammer played pretty steady through his 4 years despite his age. If not, then maybe Fistric would be better, though not as good.
Fistric is a better bet simply because he is a bottom pair physical dman, and thats all we really need. Younger, less expensive, less likely to dissapoint too.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Issacar

I wouldn't trade Markov based on the premsie that you won't find an equivalent defenseman for the same price. All about bang for the buck in his case.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:08 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
Morrissey plays a complete game like Seabrook does. Solid two-way defender.
Morrissey is still not even close to being comparable to Seabrook or Weber in terms of style of play.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:13 PM
JuJu Mobb

I think Desharnais or Plekanec have to go... Same with Diaz (I don't care about his early success this season...)

Time to get rid of small, shook players.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJu Mobb View Post
I think Desharnais or Plekanec have to go... Same with Diaz (I don't care about his early success this season...)

Great. For what? Who fills Pleks role?

Old
05-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Issacar

Quote:

I think we can amange to retain both Desharnais and Plekanec for at least anotehr season. Not the best case scenario but we have a few centers coming up (Michael Bournival notably) and I'd wait before they are ready before shopping a center.

I'd also would want to see how Desharnais fares before making a trade, you don't want to trade Plekanec only to realize that Desharnais's days are numbered.

And you don,t want to trade Desharnais while his stock value is low either.

Not sure what your ripe is with Diaz, but I don't think he is an issue on our line up. It's mostly that we didn,t had anyone who could play the role of Emelin once he was injured. That's not a Knock on Diaz but a Knock on our lack of depth when it comes to physical player.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Draft

I think next year is another bridge year for our prospects and young players to develop. I expect little success from our current team and do not believe it's likely we will replicate anything close to what we accomplished this year. This is another rebuilding year and a chance for Bergevin to make his mark.

This team needs to be Bergevin's. There was a reason we finished last in our conference and we can all remember the problems within our organization caused by the last coaching staff and management team (Or even several of the past management teams). We took the first couple of steps in changing the culture of our organization; this year and next, I think we'll see the final steps taken with our roster.

Building through the draft is a fine strategy however, unless we have another very high pick, we won't see the benefits of this management's drafting for several years. We have an excellent group of young players from the old regime and I believe that this core will provide us with a near-seamless transition from our current top-end players to the core. It is paramount to our future success that we create the best possible environment for these young players. There are several factors that determine this but, I see it done by surrounding them with veteran leaders and bringing in, or promoting, peers of similar calibre to develop with.

We want our team to be physical, fast, skilled and defensively reliable. We've all seen the downside of an unbalanced roster and I believe our current core of young players will provide us with a good base to build around. Our GM stresses the need for character on our team and I believe that it is of the utmost importance that we bring in players that have been successful in the past and that will gel with our team. We don't want our team built around the Kostitsyns, Bourques, and Ryders. We want our team to be built with the Prusts, Gallaghers, Callahans, Eberles, and Dubinskys of the hockey world while still involving the speed and skill that makes a team successful and enjoyable to watch. Leaders and passionate players who do what it takes to win when the game is on the line.

Continue the rebuild, bring in positive character, build around the core, create a balanced team.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Morrissey is still not even close to being comparable to Seabrook or Weber in terms of style of play.
I see him as more of a Mcdonagh

Old
05-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Issacar

I agree with all you said Draft. I would be willing to build around Bourque depending of which Bourque shows up tho lol. If it's the gritty Bourque we've seen this season, I'm fine with it, if not yeah, we doN,t really want him.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:45 PM
habsrule22

there s a few teams that could be interested in DD winnipeg - they need help at center, st louis - they need to replace macdonald a similar type player and they have enough size to surround DD. Dallas, phoenix and Nashville need offense.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
there s a few teams that could be interested in DD winnipeg - they need help at center, st louis - they need to replace macdonald a similar type player and they have enough size to surround DD. Dallas, phoenix and Nashville need offense.
Not disagreeing with you, but I don't think we would get the most out of Desharnais at the moment, not with the season he had after signing his contract. His only upside is that he is relatively cheap for the next 4 years if he bounces back.

Old
05-26-2013, 02:04 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Not disagreeing with you, but I don't think we would get the most out of Desharnais at the moment, not with the season he had after signing his contract. His only upside is that he is relatively cheap for the next 4 years if he bounces back.
don t disagree with you but for those team their really isn t many center options out there.

Old
05-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
don t disagree with you but for those team their really isn t many center options out there.
What is Desharnais value at this point? A 2nd round pick? A prospect that is staggering with his team and a depth players that will hardly provide the offensive upside of Desharnais? I'd rather keep Desharnais for now.

Old
05-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Should sign, or at least try and sign Keith Aucoin for the AHL.

Old
05-26-2013, 02:18 PM
JuJu Mobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Great. For what? Who fills Pleks role?
I'd like to see this (centermen) : Eller-Galchenyuk-Plekanec or DD... I'd keep Plekanec over DD.

Some will say Gally ain't ready to be a centerman this early, I beg to differ... I think Eller proved he can be a solid 2-way centerman.

Old
05-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Issacar

Quote:
I'd like to see this (centermen) : Eller-Galchenyuk-Plekanec or DD... I'd keep Plekanec over DD.

Some will say Gally ain't ready to be a centerman this early, I beg to differ... I think Eller proved he can be a solid 2-way centerman.
Eller needed to mature before he was ready to be a reliable centerman. Something htat Galchenyuk still need to gain. On faceoff Chucky was very bad and defensively he often lost his coverage. I wouldn't be comfortable with him pivoting our centerline.

Also I don't think we have the dept to compensate for the hole he would create on the wing at the moment. Not until one of these prospects are proven at least (Kristo, Collberg, Holland).

Old
05-26-2013, 03:15 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:

What does Eller proving it have to do with Galchenyuk?

I wouldn't be too scared with Galchenyuk pivoting the 3rd line. He won't be much worse than DD (defensively) to begin with, but the kid learns fast.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
05-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Issacar

Dépends, are we speaking of the DD who'seo n top of his game? Or the DD who is clueless about his ulterior performances? Because their is a huge gap between how both players handle themselves defensively.

Old
05-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Since the chances of Desharnais being shipped out are very remote for next season, let's just hope he's gotten over the joy of a new contract and comes into camp looking to prove all of us wrong or god help him in this city.

Old
05-26-2013, 03:47 PM
E = CH˛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Since the chances of Desharnais being shipped out are very remote for next season, let's just hope he's gotten over the joy of a new contract and comes into camp looking to prove all of us wrong or god help him in this city.
I think it starts with his training this summer. He's too weak and this is not a size thing. There are guys who are that small and stronger.

Old
05-26-2013, 03:54 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Dépends, are we speaking of the DD who'seo n top of his game? Or the DD who is clueless about his ulterior performances? Because their is a huge gap between how both players handle themselves defensively.
DD's game didn't change much from his good year to his bad year, so I'm not worried. Offensively I think they're probably a wash right now, Galchenyuk might surpass him by sometime next season, though. As far as defense goes, DD has the upperhand right now , but it's not some huge gap.

Old
05-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH˛ View Post
I think it starts with his training this summer. He's too weak and this is not a size thing. There are guys who are that small and stronger.
He has the will to be successful for a long time in the NHL, I don't doubt that and it's pretty evident when he plays. He goes to the areas and battles hard along the boards, he just never wins battles unless he already has the puck on his stick.

I agree with you that he definitely needs to gain strength, specifically in his core if he's going to continue to play centre and battle behind the net.

Old
05-26-2013, 04:31 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
What does Eller proving it have to do with Galchenyuk?

I wouldn't be too scared with Galchenyuk pivoting the 3rd line. He won't be much worse than DD (defensively) to begin with, but the kid learns fast.
And when given the opportunity Galchenyuk did well You could also say the same thing with eller

Old
05-26-2013, 04:57 PM
24get

Quote:
I think we can amange to retain both Desharnais and Plekanec for at least anotehr season. Not the best case scenario but we have a few centers coming up (Michael Bournival notably) and I'd wait before they are ready before shopping a center.

I'd also would want to see how Desharnais fares before making a trade, you don't want to trade Plekanec only to realize that Desharnais's days are numbered.

And you don,t want to trade Desharnais while his stock value is low either.

Not sure what your ripe is with Diaz, but I don't think he is an issue on our line up. It's mostly that we didn,t had anyone who could play the role of Emelin once he was injured. That's not a Knock on Diaz but a Knock on our lack of depth when it comes to physical player.
Totally agree on all points.

For now, we have three centers that are rarely injured.
DD gives us the possibility to be patient with our C prospects.

We will see soon enough how Bournival develop in AHL but he never showed the numbers that Desharnais was able to get in Junior or AHL.

Are they using LL on center in AHL?

Closed Thread