Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Titan coming draft.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:50 AM
chsb

vCash: 500
Titan coming draft.

In an Acadie Nouvelle article this morning, we can read more news from Sylvain Couturier:

1- The new owners will require players to be proud of wearing the Titan jersey....and who will work their ass off every shift; no more half assed effort like Sly admitted was too often the case last season.
He wants to replicate the 2005-2006 Titan team which had a combination of skills and blue collars making the opponents' life miserable at the KCI.
Players will have to put on their working boots every shift.
2- Lafontaine is exactly the type of player who personifies the team work Sly is looking for and will be the C again next season.
3- Couturier is NOT predicting a top team but instead a midpack team who will compete hard against the bests.
4-The Titan MIGHT be tempted to reade ONE of their first round picks for a 2nd rounder PLUS an impact player as their offense will be thin. Teams like Moncton/Halifax/Quebec/BLB/RN/Victo, who are without a first round pick, might knock at the door.
5- Zboril will join his brother who was drafted in the USHL.
6- The Titan will keep 2 OA Ds plus Gingras/Gosselin/Dumontier and will bring in Gabriel Labbe from the Montreal-Laval Royals
7- The NB choices will be the blue collar type as they do not have star players coming in this draft.
8- The Titan will not draft an extra goaltender as they are filled at that position.

This to me indicates pretty well that the new ownership is settling in already and putting its foot print as to what kind of amangement they want in place.

Read more: http://www.titanfans.proboards.com/t...#ixzz2U8CR38cg

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Raimu

Hmm... I'd prefer to see the Titan go for a rebuild, but one of those first round picks would be nice to have in Halifax. Ryan would be a good guy to target, he fits the bill of the type of player the Titan want to make life in their building miserable for their opponent, but I'm not sure the moose would want to give him up.

Raimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 03:31 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Hmm... I'd prefer to see the Titan go for a rebuild, but one of those first round picks would be nice to have in Halifax. Ryan would be a good guy to target, he fits the bill of the type of player the Titan want to make life in their building miserable for their opponent, but I'm not sure the moose would want to give him up.
Without downplaying Andrew Ryan, he is not enough of an impact player to be worth a top first round pick....nothing against him coming our way though.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Raimu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Without downplaying Andrew Ryan, he is not enough of an impact player to be worth a top first round pick....nothing against him coming our way though.
Maybe. I don't think the trade would work from either team, really, because the Moose would need a roster player to replace him.

Who would you target from the teams you've mentioned?

Raimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 03:54 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Why not bring Zboril's brother to Bathrust ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 03:55 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Maybe. I don't think the trade would work from either team, really, because the Moose would need a roster player to replace him.

Who would you target from the teams you've mentioned?
The one I would like the Titan to add would be William Carrier....but he is not on this list of teams.

Old
05-23-2013, 08:56 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Why not bring Zboril's brother to Bathrust ?
Don't think Adam was happy in Bathurst, evident by him leaving for a tournament during the playoffs where you could tell it was over with the Titan.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 09:11 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
Don't think Adam was happy in Bathurst, evident by him leaving for a tournament during the playoffs where you could tell it was over with the Titan.
Can they get better Euros ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 06:52 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
The one I would like the Titan to add would be William Carrier....but he is not on this list of teams.
your overvaluing that 1st round pick. Your not going to get a stud forward + a 2nd round pick, in return for a mid 1st round pick. I hope you do......but i really doubt you get an established offensively gifted player + a 2nd round pick, and all the other team gets is to move up 8-10 spots in the draft, + they lose a star player.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 02:43 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Can they get better Euros ?
The Titan only have a 2nd round Euro pick for next draft and they already have a good Euro in Zdrahal....I expect good things from him this season.

However nothing stops them from trading for a 2nd Euro.

Old
05-25-2013, 02:45 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
your overvaluing that 1st round pick. Your not going to get a stud forward + a 2nd round pick, in return for a mid 1st round pick. I hope you do......but i really doubt you get an established offensively gifted player + a 2nd round pick, and all the other team gets is to move up 8-10 spots in the draft, + they lose a star player.
I think you misread me here!

I know that a 5th overall or an 8th overall pick will not get us Carrier plus a 2nd round pick.

I was simply expressing my wish.

Carrier will be highly coveted at the draft as he expressed the wish to be traded at the end of last season.

Old
05-25-2013, 08:38 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

Quote:
I think you misread me here!

I know that a 5th overall or an 8th overall pick will not get us Carrier plus a 2nd round pick.

I was simply expressing my wish.

Carrier will be highly coveted at the draft as he expressed the wish to be traded at the end of last season.

Justin Hache.....William Carrier......wow.....you're just loading up on Eagles.

Stop. Just........stop.

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 05:24 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRegDunlop View Post

Stop. Just........stop.
and he's only giving you a first round pick..... oh, and you have to give him your 2nd round pick also

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 01:10 PM
chsb

Quote:

Stop. Just........stop.
Justin Hache???

Old
05-26-2013, 01:12 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
and he's only giving you a first round pick..... oh, and you have to give him your 2nd round pick also
Clem, again I believe that you are misreading.....please review your stance....

If you want to make fun, you are missing the boat.

Old
05-26-2013, 03:16 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

Quote:
Justin Hache???
Yes......you dedicated him his own thread.

You may as well take Kyle Farrell too. Nicholas Blanchard won a NSMAA scoring title, and you have him penciled in as a top 6 forward by Christmas. Farrell has two of those trophies. What's higher than the 1st line?

Old
05-26-2013, 06:26 PM
chsb

Quote:
Yes......you dedicated him his own thread.

You may as well take Kyle Farrell too. Nicholas Blanchard won a NSMAA scoring title, and you have him penciled in as a top 6 forward by Christmas. Farrell has two of those trophies. What's higher than the 1st line?
Firstly last Christmas trade period is long gone for Hache!

We are talking now....

Secondly I said Blanchard "could" be on the top-6 by Christmas....different beast altogether.

Right now he's got everything to prove and the Titan need offense from the start of the season....they are seriously missing.

Old
05-26-2013, 07:36 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

Quote:
Firstly last Christmas trade period is long gone for Hache!

We are talking now....

Secondly I said Blanchard "could" be on the top-6 by Christmas....different beast altogether.

Right now he's got everything to prove and the Titan need offense from the start of the season....they are seriously missing.

April 17th, 2013.....last month.....on your titans proboards.....a "Justin Hache" thread.

Are you one of those kids who needs to wear a hockey helmet everywhere you go?

Old
05-27-2013, 08:57 AM
chsb

Quote:
April 17th, 2013.....last month.....on your titans proboards.....a "Justin Hache" thread.

Are you one of those kids who needs to wear a hockey helmet everywhere you go?
Looking at the same topic, you will see that I inserted Blanchard on the 3rd line.....not top-6.

But you are right, we could not go after Carrier and Hache at the same time without giving away our top picks.

I don't think the Titan would trade for both players.

Hache would love to play in Bathurst and Carrier wants out....it will be interesting to see what happens at the draft.

Old
05-30-2013, 12:58 PM
chsb

It looks like Brouillard will be moved at the draft as he does not want to come back to the Titan....something that was expected for a while.
The rumour is that he will be traded to Gatineau.

Old
06-04-2013, 04:56 PM
chsb

Another rumour around here is that the Titan will try to improve their team at the draft and the Brouillard deal will be instrumental to it.

Old
06-04-2013, 10:49 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
the Titan will try to improve their team

Joking aside, I wonder what the plans of the new management is. With 5/6th of the top 6 gone from last year, Do they trade Brouillard and try to build around 96 and 97's?

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 08:06 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post

Joking aside, I wonder what the plans of the new management is. With 5/6th of the top 6 gone from last year, Do they trade Brouillard and try to build around 96 and 97's?
That is what we will see at the draft.

Nobody said that they would improve over last season, but they will improve from their present state.

Old
06-05-2013, 02:57 PM
RogueLeader39

Quote:
It looks like Brouillard will be moved at the draft as he does not want to come back to the Titan....something that was expected for a while.
The rumour is that he will be traded to Gatineau.
What would A-C be wanting in return for Brouillard? (Personally I wouldn't mind him coming to Baie-Comeau, )

RogueLeader39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 06:47 AM
welcometothebigshow2

If I were Couturier, I'd sell, sell, sell this draft. I'd build my team around this draft class, and get rid of everyone you can for picks. Brouillard, Brennan, Godin, Girard, etc. this draft is a big one for the Titan, and they better not mess it up.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote