HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

20e Mondial de la bière

Old
05-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
this used to be good 10 years ago but it's all 450 now
That's why I'm going during the day, a lot less **********.

Seb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 09:57 AM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
I haven't been since they took it from the Windsor station to the place bonaventure. I was kind of disapointed that they took it inside.

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 10:09 AM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
I tried the TDD Dubai Pillée at the Houblonneries (Polytechnique beer fest) a month a go and was left disappointed. It tasted like onions. Not sure what went wrong, but most beers I've had that night were awful (my friends who are also beers connoisseurs agreed). I would love to try it again tho cause I'm sure it was an off batch.
My favorite beer from that event was the Eisenbuck Bière de Glace. I was left disappointed by the event too though. The selection and number of stands was subpar compared to the last couple of years.

JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:34 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i used to want to attend but was always working. and always heard it was overrated. in my mind, it sounds wonderful. i picture always having a beer in hand and strolling around getting more beer.

in reality. i'm sure it's jam packed sardines. slow moving, holding your beer to your chest, excuse me, 'scuse, sorry, 5$ for a ticket that'll get you 30ml of beer and need 200$ to have a good time. and who can still taste beer after you've had 5. everything tastes like **** after that.

i'm staying home.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 04:01 PM
wedge

it sucks because again, this year, I can't go.
I'll have to wait for festival de chambly.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
i used to want to attend but was always working. and always heard it was overrated. in my mind, it sounds wonderful. i picture always having a beer in hand and strolling around getting more beer.

in reality. i'm sure it's jam packed sardines. slow moving, holding your beer to your chest, excuse me, 'scuse, sorry, 5$ for a ticket that'll get you 30ml of beer and need 200$ to have a good time. and who can still taste beer after you've had 5. everything tastes like **** after that.

i'm staying home.
Depends at what time you're going. If you're going from 5 til the end or during the week-end, yes it's going to be that way.

It's worth it going during the day the 2 first days. It's not packed, all the good beers are still available and there are no 450 ****** yet.

Old
05-26-2013, 04:42 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiness time View Post
I happened to hit a good beer store tonight & was browsing through the ipa section & thought of your post. So I picked up Hopfenstark Ostalgia rousse & I'm currently drinking/enjoying it right now. It's a good caramel/red ale beer...not my preferred style but I always enjoy trying new brews and definitely recommend trying it at least once if you haven't yet. Thanks for the tip. Cheers!
You're welcome !

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Picaroon

Cool to see some Beer lovers in the forum. That festival looks great! Do any of you brew?

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
Cool to see some Beer lovers in the forum. That festival looks great! Do any of you brew?
My uncle has a system in his basement and brews his own beer every week. Never tried it though.

Old
05-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
My uncle has a system in his basement and brews his own beer every week. Never tried it though.
I brew my own right on my stove top in my tiny apartment. You really don't need much space or equipment. 150 bucks will get you everything you need to get started. Very addicting hobby!

Old
05-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Quote:
Yep I do, I'm upgrading my kettle right now, will put an element inside to heat faster and better since my setup is only a stove and a 1800w induction cooker. I BIAB about 2.5 gal and I can't really get it to boil so I don't get much of hops extraction.

It's gonna be better now tho once the element is up. Next batch I'm brewing is gonna be a belgian blonde, will be good!

Old
05-27-2013, 11:11 AM
Suiteness

I'll be going back this year. The indoor-only location they had going on for the past few years was awful, just awful. Glad to see them moving back to an indoor-outdoor setup. I'll be there Friday, can't wait!

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
I'll be going back this year. The indoor-only location they had going on for the past few years was awful, just awful. Glad to see them moving back to an indoor-outdoor setup. I'll be there Friday, can't wait!
Yeah but it's looking like the weather will be horrible wednesday and thursday (days I'm going) so the outside experience will be ruined

Old
05-27-2013, 11:43 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post

i'm staying home.
The reality of it is actually much more in line with your first paragraph than your second. It's too bad you're dismissing something based entirely on false assumptions.

But hey...more beer for the rest of us!

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 02:58 PM
_vivelequebec_

On boÉ de la biÈeeer

_vivelequebec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Yep I do, I'm upgrading my kettle right now, will put an element inside to heat faster and better since my setup is only a stove and a 1800w induction cooker. I BIAB about 2.5 gal and I can't really get it to boil so I don't get much of hops extraction.

It's gonna be better now tho once the element is up. Next batch I'm brewing is gonna be a belgian blonde, will be good!
That's awesome. I plan on doing my first BIAB next batch. Thinking a hefe.

I'm a little worried about doing a full boil on my stove as well. Do you have a link to the element you are buying for your kettle? I did my largest partial boil last week at about 4 gallons and it was definitely testing the limits.

Old
05-27-2013, 04:40 PM
spaceman sean

Quote:
Depends at what time you're going. If you're going from 5 til the end or during the week-end, yes it's going to be that way.

It's worth it going during the day the 2 first days. It's not packed, all the good beers are still available and there are no 450 ****** yet.
you're right, how dare people live in the suburbs.

spaceman sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Quote:
That's awesome. I plan on doing my first BIAB next batch. Thinking a hefe.

I'm a little worried about doing a full boil on my stove as well. Do you have a link to the element you are buying for your kettle? I did my largest partial boil last week at about 4 gallons and it was definitely testing the limits.
I simply bought a normal element for a water heater at Canadian Tire like this one :

I drilled a hole on my kettle and I'm about to weld a locknut on it to be able to fix the element inside.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
I simply bought a normal element for a water heater at Canadian Tire like this one :

I drilled a hole on my kettle and I'm about to weld a locknut on it to be able to fix the element inside.
That's pretty sick man. Smart idea. I went with an aluminum kettle so welding is kind of a ***** for me right now. I'll keep dreaming about a big back yard and a nice propane burner...

Old
05-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

I'm about to leave! I'll try to take notes post here tonight.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Tell us if it was full, I like the Hobbit life.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 10:40 AM
MJG

Quote:
Please report back on the venue. I'm very curious.Though it can't possibly be worse than the cavernous concrete hole that is the place Bonaventure.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 11:47 AM
CN_paladin

Just to make sure, is this event taking place outside of Palais or inside like the auto show?

CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 11:55 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Just to make sure, is this event taking place outside of Palais or inside like the auto show?
Part is inside and part is outside but I don't know how it'll work exactly...have to wait for Seb to come back with the scoop.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 12:51 PM
ashtraygirl

I'll be popping in for an hour or so this afternoon to hit up the pubs before they run out of all the good stuff and perhaps do a more comprehensive run later in the week.

Chin Chin!

ashtraygirl is offline   Reply With Quote