HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Dogs trim roster by 2

Old
10-04-2006, 08:30 PM
CementHands

vCash: 500
According to the Dogs website, Scott Crawford is another dman on the roster. This would mean that there are 10 dmen still in camp. I haven't seen any communication showing that they cut Crawford.

CementHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

As of now, it's still like this:

FORWARDS (16):

Aubin
Baines
Chipchura
D'Agostini
Ferland
Grabovski
Kostitsyn
Lambert
Lapierre
Lemieux (injured)
Locke
Manlow
Milroy
Stewart
Stortini (Edmonton prospect, if he's there, should really have a guaranteed spot.
Neilson (injured)

D-MEN (11) :

Archer (injured)
Benoit
Coté (injured)
Crawford
Gleed
Groulx
Jancevski
O'Byrne
Sanford (left Mtl camp)
Dulac (injured)
Traverse

GOALIES (3) :

Danis
Halak
Desjardins

The Dogs site is saying 15 forwards, 9 d-men, I believe they're not even counting Neilson, Sanford and Dulac who must be Cincinnati bound.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 06:15 AM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Nobody. And that needs to stop at one point or another. I didn't want Urquhart like tons of others but I don't remember somebody even suggested Bergeron, nobody knew him, and I think I had him gone end of 3rd beginning of 4th.....Everybody in the NHL world are so surprised on how he developed, so we should never say we should have......Why don't we hear we should have with names like Datzyuk or Zetterberg???? Datsyuk was picked 171st, while we picked Bashkirov 132nd and Gordie Dwyer 152nd.....But we did manage to pick Markov at 162.....I've never heard any other team complaining about that.

You just can't complain about a player who all of sudden just skyrocketed in his development and this apply for Bergeron.

You can complain about a player who is suppose to be all that but wasn't pick for obscure reason, O'Sullivan might be one, Wolski might be another in his year.....and some can say Brule was another one as well. But I hope the other teams would cut some slack about Price VS Brule and begin analysing why the Wild took Pouliot instead of him of why the Ducks took Ryan......

Back in 1998 I seem to remember the Habs selected a guy named Michael Ryder who was picked in the 8th round 216th overall he's panned out OK.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 07:59 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
Back in 1998 I seem to remember the Habs selected a guy named Michael Ryder who was picked in the 8th round 216th overall he's panned out OK.
Exactly, Ryder had so many flaws in his game that he was probably lucky to even being chosen at the time. So again, nobody ever talked about how their team missed the boat on Ryder 'cause that was just a lucky guess that worked, especially a 8th rounder.....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote