HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 — Russia Roster Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-15-2013, 05:09 PM
  #176
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
You guys are missing Nikulin and Medvedev, im pretty sure they will be on the team.
I think something like these d-lines would work.

Nikulin-Medvedev
Kulikov-Markov
Emelin-Voynov

Forwards are hard to predict, but my lines right now would be these (will probably change a lot until the Olympics)

Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Radulov
Popov-Malkin-Kuznetsov
Ovechkin-Tereshenko-Semin
Kulemin-Svitov-Kokarev

Goalies Varlamov or Bobrovsky

Hockeysemin is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 05:14 PM
  #177
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel View Post
Let's be realty : KHLers, at the exeption of a couple of guys, are not good enough.
The best Russian are playing in NHL yes like the Malkins, Datsyuks and Ovechkins, but the next tier of player in NHL like Kulemin, Anisimov etc you can find equal or even better players in KHL.

Hockeysemin is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 08:59 PM
  #178
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Fantomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel View Post
Let's be realty : KHLers, at the exeption of a couple of guys, are not good enough.
They are certainly not better than Tarasenko.

Fantomas is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 02:39 AM
  #179
Namba 17
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
Popov-Malkin-Kuznetsov
I think, Popov ruined his Olympic hopes. Probably even international ones at all. His line is simply the worst in our team.

Namba 17 is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 02:46 AM
  #180
Namba 17
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
The best Russian are playing in NHL yes like the Malkins, Datsyuks and Ovechkins, but the next tier of player in NHL like Kulemin, Anisimov etc you can find equal or even better players in KHL.
Let me ask once again this question - who is better LW than Kulemin from what we have in KHL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
Ovechkin-Tereshenko-Semin
Probably, Bill has this in mind too. But I still think, that Ovi and Semin need much better passer than Tereshenko, who looked not bad with Kovi and Rady

Namba 17 is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 02:59 AM
  #181
Namba 17
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
What are Kulikovs chances of making this team?
Quite good, I reckon. We have such short list of defensmen, that everybody is counted, especially such good player.

Namba 17 is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 12:17 PM
  #182
hersky77
Registered User
 
hersky77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 500
I really hope emelin makes this team, the guy solidified himself as top 4 defensman this year, plus he hits like a truck. After he went down, the habs were just not the same team.

hersky77 is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 04:30 AM
  #183
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
let's vote our team sochi...
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?p=66336499#post66336499

russianhockey is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 09:50 AM
  #184
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namba 17 View Post
I think, Popov ruined his Olympic hopes. Probably even international ones at all. His line is simply the worst in our team.
Last year, Popov was a role player whose job it was to get the puck to Malkin in good scoring position. He did well at it, because he has speed and puck handling skill, and he's pretty strong and tough on the puck. This year, his job was to be a goal scorer himself, and it didn't work out well. The Sochi team is going to have to have some role players, and he should be considered in that capacity.

Yakushev72 is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 09:51 AM
  #185
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
I really hope emelin makes this team, the guy solidified himself as top 4 defensman this year, plus he hits like a truck. After he went down, the habs were just not the same team.
I think there is no doubt that he will be on the team if he is sufficiently recovered from his knee surgery.

Yakushev72 is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 09:54 AM
  #186
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
They are certainly not better than Tarasenko.
Tarasenko failed to produce any offense with the Blues, which no doubt explains why he wasn't invited to Helsinki. If he continues to generate little or nothing next year, he will probably be left off the roster for Sochi as well.

Yakushev72 is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 09:58 AM
  #187
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,546
vCash: 500
In a short tournament like this I think Russia should do a Markov - Emelin pair.
They have played together and it could help them.

danyhabsfan is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 10:06 AM
  #188
SashaSemin28
Because Its The Caps
 
SashaSemin28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Velikobritaniya
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,940
vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to SashaSemin28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Tarasenko failed to produce any offense with the Blues, which no doubt explains why he wasn't invited to Helsinki. If he continues to generate little or nothing next year, he will probably be left off the roster for Sochi as well.
He was doing great pre concussion

SashaSemin28 is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 03:55 PM
  #189
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Bad news: Emelin will be out for the next 6 months So I guess there's not much chance that he will make it to Sochi, as he will have only two months (at the best case) to get fit.

Caser is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 04:08 PM
  #190
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Bad news: Emelin will be out for the next 6 months So I guess there's not much chance that he will make it to Sochi, as he will have only two months (at the best case) to get fit.
I think that in the 6 months their is a good 2 months of conditionning and training.

So he'll get 2 months of playing time.

6 months is an evaluation. It could be faster than 6 months.

danyhabsfan is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 03:14 PM
  #191
MaximusT
Registered User
 
MaximusT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 975
vCash: 500
Do you guys think Brzgalov absolutely ruined ANY chance of an Olympic invitation after this WC? Let's really hope so.

MaximusT is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 04:51 PM
  #192
SashaSemin28
Because Its The Caps
 
SashaSemin28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Velikobritaniya
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,940
vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to SashaSemin28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post
Do you guys think Brzgalov absolutely ruined ANY chance of an Olympic invitation after this WC? Let's really hope so.
Varly/Bob/Barulin/Yeryomenko

SashaSemin28 is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 01:10 PM
  #193
MaxV
Registered User
 
MaxV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,218
vCash: 500
Varly didn't really help his cause either, but he is younger and could have a good year.

If Bob plays next year like he did this year, he should be the starter.

Hopefully Tarasenko and Kuznetsov take another step forward. That would make our team that much stronger.

MaxV is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 01:59 PM
  #194
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Varly didn't really help his cause either, but he is younger and could have a good year.

If Bob plays next year like he did this year, he should be the starter.

Hopefully Tarasenko and Kuznetsov take another step forward. That would make our team that much stronger.
There is no doubt that Tarasenko, Kuznetsov and Yakupov are the biggest talents that Russia has produced in the last 4 or 5 years. Neither Tarasenko nor Kuznetsov particularly distinguished themselves this year for a variety of reasons, but there is no doubt that they will be mainstays for the NT in the next few years.

Yakushev72 is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 02:01 PM
  #195
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post
Do you guys think Brzgalov absolutely ruined ANY chance of an Olympic invitation after this WC? Let's really hope so.
Is there any good reason that Russia went with him over Bobrovsky this year in the World's?

Xokkeu is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 07:14 PM
  #196
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
I guess Bill had hopes that at least at NT he could be the same Bryz that everyone knew couple of years ago (in that case he would have decent GK with some Olympic experience), but looks like he is not the same anymore.

Caser is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 08:19 PM
  #197
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,447
vCash: 390
The amount of potential talent in your top 9 is just amazing.

Ovechkin - Malkin - Semin
Kovalchuk - Datsyuk - Radulov
Tarasenko - Anisimov - Kuznetsov/Yakupov

JayKing is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 08:27 PM
  #198
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
You can't win only with top 9, you need some defense too.

And also there aren't very good memories of Ovechkin-Malkin-Semin line from Vancouver.

Caser is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 09:01 PM
  #199
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Is there any good reason that Russia went with him over Bobrovsky this year in the World's?
It seems likely that, to a great degree, this WC was a kind of laboratory to find out which players show the qualities that the Russian staff wants to see in Sochi. Bryzgalov was mostly bad, but Varlamov wasn't much better. You could speculate that Bobrovsky was a shoe-in, and that Bryzgalov and Varlamov were on trial. Neither Bryz nor Varly showed anything that would place Bobrovsky in a backup role.

Yakushev72 is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 09:28 PM
  #200
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
It seems likely that, to a great degree, this WC was a kind of laboratory to find out which players show the qualities that the Russian staff wants to see in Sochi. Bryzgalov was mostly bad, but Varlamov wasn't much better. You could speculate that Bobrovsky was a shoe-in, and that Bryzgalov and Varlamov were on trial. Neither Bryz nor Varly showed anything that would place Bobrovsky in a backup role.
Indeed a better question might have been why they picked Varlamov over Bobrovsky when there isn't really any good reason I can see.

Xokkeu is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.