HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Likes and dislikes from players

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-05-2006, 09:31 AM
  #1
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,263
vCash: 500
Likes and dislikes from players

What do you like and dislike from our players ? Here's my short list. Go ahead and voice your opinions.

Kovalev
Like: his raw talent, his dekes
Dislike: inconsistency

Begin
Like: his ardency

Perezhogin
Dislike: too many lazy and stupid penalties

Koivu
Like: his hard work
Dislike: being 1st line center. IMHO, Koivu is an excellent 2nd line center, but not the first.

Kostitsyn
Like: his potential (his shots are amazing)
Dislike: his balance (he seems falling quite easily)

Souray
Dislike: broke too many sticks

Huet
Like: his calm

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 09:46 AM
  #2
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,374
vCash: 500
Koivu
Like: Everything

Higgins:
Like: Everything

Ryder:
Like: Always gets open + has a good shot
Dislike: Master of scoring goals when the game is pretty much already won

Samsonov
Like: Looks like an lawn ornament
Dislike: Too many fancy nancy plays

Plekanec
Like: Everything

Kovalev
Like: Kovalev's shot pwns lol, and goes into "god" mode in the playoffs
Dislike: In regular season, plays one game out of 3

Perezhogin
Like: Can dangle
dislike: Always gets knocked off the puck, or falls over, takes stupid penalties

Bonk
Like:.....this is so tough
dislike: his play in general

Johnson:
Like: He's got good wheels for a big guy
Dislike: Seems like a softie for a big guy

Murray:
Like: His hair, his angry gremlin face, he fights anyone and throws big hits. Has some offensive skill(he might score 10-15 goals this year. This guy could be our Chris Neil)

Begin
Like: INTENSITY
Dislike: bald spot

Latendresse:
Like: can hit and score
dislike: nothing yet

Souray:
Like: his hair, his huge shot, his ability to clear the crease, his undefeated record in fights, his general toughness
dislike: plays the puck too much

Markov:
Like: His passes, speed
Dislike: softie

Komisarek:
Like: big hits
dislike: sometimes gets caught out of position when he goes for the big hit

Rivet:
Like: Leadership, toughness at the right times(people remember when Prospal kept running Huet and then Rivet messed him up?), good positional play
Dislike: for someone his size, should be more involved physically

Dandenault:
Like: His wheels
Dislike: dumb penalties

Streit:
Like: He is swiss
Dislike: his play in general

Huet:
Like: He is french, and jesus
Dislike: I can't find the book on him. I know Pierre says it's out but I can't find it. Is it available in la langue de Molière?

Aebischer:
Like: He is swiss
Dislike: Too many rebounds, as someone said in another thread, his style is like a Hasek who doesn't stop pucks


Last edited by felixd: 10-05-2006 at 11:00 AM.
felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 09:52 AM
  #3
boundless
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post

Ryder:
Dislike: Newfie
Are you joking? I hope so.

I met Ryder a few times and he's a cool dude. Don't rag on him 'cause he's from Newfoundland.

boundless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 10:05 AM
  #4
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boundless View Post
Are you joking? I hope so.

I met Ryder a few times and he's a cool dude. Don't rag on him 'cause he's from Newfoundland.
Yeah of course I'm joking...half my likes and dislikes are jokes.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 10:51 AM
  #5
Guy Germaine
Registered User
 
Guy Germaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
Dislike: Newfie
I can't stand you little ******* that hide behind your computer screen and have the balls to make comments like that.
Go to Newfoundland and say that, see what happens to you.

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 10:59 AM
  #6
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_pucker View Post
I can't stand you little ******* that hide behind your computer screen and have the balls to make comments like that.
Go to Newfoundland and say that, see what happens to you.
See post right above yours.

Nevermind I'll edit my original post.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 11:28 AM
  #7
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
What do you like and dislike from our players ? Here's my short list. Go ahead and voice your opinions.

Koivu
Like: his hard work
Dislike: being 1st line center. IMHO, Koivu is an excellent 2nd line center, but not the first.
Sometimes being the captain of a team means having heart and giving it 100%. You see what happens on the ice but you don't see what happen's in the locker room. Koivu is the habs captain. He's a great all around player and all though he doesn't put up 50 goal seasons, without Koivu there is no team. That's the kind of guy you have as your first line center, IMO.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 11:29 AM
  #8
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_pucker View Post
I can't stand you little ******* that hide behind your computer screen and have the balls to make comments like that.
Go to Newfoundland and say that, see what happens to you.
Yeah because we're all so scared of the newfies...

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 11:37 AM
  #9
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Yeah because we're all so scared of the newfies...
lol

On a serious note, didn't mean to offend anyone with my comment that I now removed, I thought it was clearly humor since some of my other likes include: Sheldon Souray's hair, Samsonov looking like a garden gnome, and some of my dislikes are Steve Bégin's bald spot.

I guess newfies are a tad sensitive?

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 11:42 AM
  #10
Dr. Charles
Registered User
 
Dr. Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cracktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
lol

On a serious note, didn't mean to offend anyone with my comment that I now removed, I thought it was clearly humor since some of my other likes include: Sheldon Souray's hair, Samsonov looking like a garden gnome, and some of my dislikes are Steve Bégin's bald spot.

I guess newfies are a tad sensitive?
I love Newfoundland and all they brought us

Mike Ryder
Fisherman's Friend
Captain Highliner
That big drunk guy in St-John's street

well, basically everything about beer and fishing

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 11:49 AM
  #11
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Bouillon and Begin
-Like : Their hard work, high-energy game, overall contribution to the team's success.
-Dislike : They're treated like they're impact players when one is a 4th liner and the other one is a freaking third pairing dmen...

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 11:50 AM
  #12
habgab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 183
vCash: 500
I don't think "Newfies" are a tad sensitive. I don't think it is funny that you would even jokingly dislike someone because of where they are from. Mentioning Begin's bald spot or Souray's hair is hardly like suggesting that where someone is from is reason to dislike them. It is racist - not unlike saying, for example, that you dislike Begin because he is a frog or a black person because he is a ******. These types of comments, made jokingly or not, are just unacceptable in today's society, and that fact that you don't know that is shameful.

And, despite the apparent misconception, Newfoundlanders aren't all about booze and fish, and to think that is again, in my opinion, shameful. I might think, based on some of the comments I read here, that everyone outside Newfoundland is an ignorant *******. However, simply because some of you are, does not mean that I should apply that broad stroke to the sensible, politically correct people who write their various opinions on these boards.

My message - grow up and try to show some sensitivity to people who are, thankfully, not exactly like you.

habgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 11:51 AM
  #13
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Begin IS an impact player. Bouillion not as much but I've seen Bouillion save a game or two here and there when the goaly was beat and he reached for the puck and got it out before it crossed the line. Begin is an overall talent, how could you say he's not an impact player. It's not always about who scores the most goals dude.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 11:53 AM
  #14
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habgab View Post
I don't think "Newfies" are a tad sensitive. I don't think it is funny that you would even jokingly dislike someone because of where they are from. Mentioning Begin's bald spot or Souray's hair is hardly like suggesting that where someone is from is reason to dislike them. It is racist - not unlike saying, for example, that you dislike Begin because he is a frog or a black person because he is a ******. These types of comments, made jokingly or not, are just unacceptable in today's society, and that fact that you don't know that is shameful.

And, despite the apparent misconception, Newfoundlanders aren't all about booze and fish, and to think that is again, in my opinion, shameful. I might think, based on some of the comments I read here, that everyone outside Newfoundland is an ignorant *******. However, simply because some of you are, does not mean that I should apply that broad stroke to the sensible, politically correct people who write their various opinions on these boards.

My message - grow up and try to show some sensitivity to people who are, thankfully, not exactly like you.

He never said they're boozers or fisheaters or w/e. He called the newfies. What's the big deal? Newfies cuz they're form NewFoundland... Canadian cause your from Canada... hah. He said it was a dislike but it was clearly part of a chain of jokes and fact is, he didn't state it in a mean way. He wasn't like "Cuz he's an f'ing loser newfy". Sorry but why do people on the net take stuff too personally? Like honestly, it's not a big deal, he didn't flame newfies, he set it as a dislike as a joke. A "Joke" man. J O K E. It's not fair to dislike people for their race or culture, but I'm born in NF, and fact is I don't CARE. I can actually take a joke, and yeah if you said you disliked newfies in NF you would prolly get your *** kicked, but if you said you don't like "peppers" in MTL, you would also. (Excuse the terminology but I was trying to prove a point.) Either way I don't see why you care, it was a joke from fellow hockey fan to another, not a joke from fellow racist to fellow victim.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 11:57 AM
  #15
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Begin IS an impact player. Bouillion not as much but I've seen Bouillion save a game or two here and there when the goaly was beat and he reached for the puck and got it out before it crossed the line. Begin is an overall talent, how could you say he's not an impact player. It's not always about who scores the most goals dude.
damn, Begin an impact player? We must have a different definition of an impact player. Begin is a tremendous role player who plays less than 12 minutes a game.

edit: he plays less than 12 minutes on a regular night, but I remember he played much more than that at some point, but he wasn't too spectacular with increased ice-time.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 11:59 AM
  #16
habgab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
He never said they're boozers or fisheaters or w/e. He called the newfies. What's the big deal? Newfies cuz they're form NewFoundland... Canadian cause your from Canada... hah. He said it was a dislike but it was clearly part of a chain of jokes and fact is, he didn't state it in a mean way. He wasn't like "Cuz he's an f'ing loser newfy". Sorry but why do people on the net take stuff too personally? Like honestly, it's not a big deal, he didn't flame newfies, he set it as a dislike as a joke. A "Joke" man. J O K E. It's not fair to dislike people for their race or culture, but I'm born in NF, and fact is I don't CARE. I can actually take a joke, and yeah if you said you disliked newfies in NF you would prolly get your *** kicked, but if you said you don't like "peppers" in MTL, you would also. (Excuse the terminology but I was trying to prove a point.) Either way I don't see why you care, it was a joke from fellow hockey fan to another, not a joke from fellow racist to fellow victim.
Surely you are not that stupid. Canadians are Canadians, Newfoundlanders are Newfoundlanders. I do care - I am a Newfoundlander first, and a person who tries to be sensitive to others second. Jokes, made at the expense of nationalities, are, in case you don't know, no longer acceptable. What is funny about being a "Newfie" if not that various connotations and preconceptions that the term holds? How is it a joke?

You are an idiot.

habgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 12:04 PM
  #17
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Kovalev
Like: Good with the puck
Dislike: Lack of heart, lack of smarts, often makes boneheaded plays.

Begin
Like: Everything

Perezhogin
Like: Nothing...
Dislike: Doesn't seem to understand that you can't put your stick on another player.

Koivu
Like: He's battled through injuries, decent to good captain
Dislike: Not good enough to be our 1st line center

Kostitsyn
Like: his shot
Dislike: lack of character

Souray
Like: Attitude, Character, Grit, Shot
Dislike: Gets caught trying to play the body sometimes

Huet
Like: Relaxed Individual
Dislike: I think he lacks natural skill

Markov
Like: Good offensive/Defensive awarness
Dislike: Doesn't bleed Bleu, Blanc, Rouge, Is a playoff choker

Bonk
Like: good pker but replaceable
Dislike: everything

Higgins
Like: Everything

Ryder
Like: Natural Scoring abilities
Dislike: Hockey sense/Creativity isn't the best.

Plekanec
Like: Good all-around player
Dislike: Doesn't bleed bleu, blanc, rouge.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 12:05 PM
  #18
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Begin IS an impact player. Bouillion not as much but I've seen Bouillion save a game or two here and there when the goaly was beat and he reached for the puck and got it out before it crossed the line. Begin is an overall talent, how could you say he's not an impact player. It's not always about who scores the most goals dude.
Lol Begin is one of the only guys who gives it his all on every single shift. Not to mention he's the only player who would wouldn't miss a shift even if his hand was broken. You think that doesn't have an impact on the team?

*btw this isn't directed to you oop007 it's for the other guy.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 12:07 PM
  #19
wpg_habsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habgab View Post
I don't think "Newfies" are a tad sensitive. I don't think it is funny that you would even jokingly dislike someone because of where they are from. Mentioning Begin's bald spot or Souray's hair is hardly like suggesting that where someone is from is reason to dislike them. It is racist - not unlike saying, for example, that you dislike Begin because he is a frog or a black person because he is a ******. These types of comments, made jokingly or not, are just unacceptable in today's society, and that fact that you don't know that is shameful.

And, despite the apparent misconception, Newfoundlanders aren't all about booze and fish, and to think that is again, in my opinion, shameful. I might think, based on some of the comments I read here, that everyone outside Newfoundland is an ignorant *******. However, simply because some of you are, does not mean that I should apply that broad stroke to the sensible, politically correct people who write their various opinions on these boards.

My message - grow up and try to show some sensitivity to people who are, thankfully, not exactly like you.
I don't think felixd was trying to be racist, if you can even call people from Newfoundland a race. You should really lighten-up, it was only a joke. I doubt it was to said to offend anyone from Newfoundland.

BTW, I'm from Winnipeg, and we get made fun of a lot. You just have to learn to shrug it off, and then burn them back...

(Sorry for going OT)

wpg_habsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 12:13 PM
  #20
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,745
vCash: 500
I don't know any of the players personally and, like most of the members of this board, I go by what I read or hear about them. I recognize that all players have their assets and limitations. It's not fair to blame players for what they can't do. It is fair to blame them for making the same stupid mistakes over and over. However, I separate my exasperation about a player's on-ice tendencies from my dislike for his personality and/or character. For example, while I have a low opinion of Traverse's performance, I don't dislike him. In fact, there is no Hab I particularly dislike now that Théodore and Ribeiro are gone.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 12:15 PM
  #21
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,984
vCash: 500
Koivu
Like: His heart, His effort
Dislike: ---

Higgins:
Like: His work along the boards, the fact that he is always at the right place, clutch
Dislikes: ---

Ryder:
Like: Great shot, Always open
Dislike: Seems to float sometimes, doesn't backcheck

Samsonov
Like: Dekes, speed
Dislike: sometimes too much

Plekanec
Like: backchecks, forechecks
Dislike: Lack of offensive production

Kovalev
Like: Clutch, great shot,doesn't get pushed down easily
Dislike: Inconsistent, rarely uses his shot

Perezhogin
Like: quick, can deke
dislike: nothing he does works IMO

Bonk
Like: can play on the PK rather well
dislike: soft, seems lazy

Johnson:
Like: He's got good wheels for a big guy
Dislike: Seems like a softie for a big guy

Murray:
Like: grit, heart
Dislike: No offensive talent

Begin
Like: INTENSITY
Dislike: lacks offensive talent

Latendresse:
Like: can hit and score
dislike: nothing yet

Downey
Like: Heart, can fight
Dislike: falls on his *** quite often, has no spot on the lineup

Souray:
Like: His shot, his little stick fake deke that he always does and that always works
dislike: His play one-on-one

Markov:
Like: His passes, his hockey sense
Dislike: soft, sometimes too calm

Komisarek:
Like: big hits
dislike: Doesn't stand out in any other aspect

Rivet:
Like: Heart, grit, toughness, stands up for the team, calm with the media, decent offensivly and defensivly
Dislike: makes some mistakes

Dandenault:
Like: His wheels
Dislike: dumb penalties, he should jump into the offence sometimes

Niinima
Like: offensive ability
Dislike: Seems to be soft and lazy, makes lots of errors and takes bad penalties

Streit:
Like: his play on the PP, his passes
Dislike: soft, bad errors, bad penalties

Huet:
Like: Calm, great positioning, his toe save on Hossa last year!!!
Dislike: He might break down any day.

Aebischer:
Like: I don't know exactly what I like about him but I do like him
Dislike: Too many rebounds, seems to get himself out of positioning

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 12:16 PM
  #22
habgab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 183
vCash: 500
Look, I do not think I am going overboard or need to lighten up. I appreciate that you, being from Winnipeg, may be the brunt of jokes. I, personally, have no real pre-conceived notions about Winnipeg. It may have been an attempt at a joke, but that is just it - it is not funny and whoever said it should be aware that it is no longer acceptable.

I, being a Newfoundlander, enjoy a good joke and funny material probably better than most of you. I do not, however, see anything funny in using stereotypes as a form of joke.

habgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 12:21 PM
  #23
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habgab View Post
I don't think "Newfies" are a tad sensitive. I don't think it is funny that you would even jokingly dislike someone because of where they are from. Mentioning Begin's bald spot or Souray's hair is hardly like suggesting that where someone is from is reason to dislike them. It is racist - not unlike saying, for example, that you dislike Begin because he is a frog or a black person because he is a ******. These types of comments, made jokingly or not, are just unacceptable in today's society, and that fact that you don't know that is shameful.

And, despite the apparent misconception, Newfoundlanders aren't all about booze and fish, and to think that is again, in my opinion, shameful. I might think, based on some of the comments I read here, that everyone outside Newfoundland is an ignorant *******. However, simply because some of you are, does not mean that I should apply that broad stroke to the sensible, politically correct people who write their various opinions on these boards.

My message - grow up and try to show some sensitivity to people who are, thankfully, not exactly like you.
Look, like I said, I didn't try to offend you at all, that's why I removed the comment. I think it's just different perception. My roomate is from Sask and another one of my friends is Asian and when we hang out, we all rip on each other for our race/heritage, but in a jokingly way, and none of us takes very much offense to it. I get called gay/metro/bad driver/etc for being originally french canadian, we call our buddy from Sask a farmboy/hick/hillbilly, and same goes for the Asian.

I don't consider it racist, we're all just having a laugh, no one gets offended, and I thought from the rest of my post it was pretty clear I wasn't being serious on half the stuff I said there, so again, sorry if my "newfie" comment irritated you, it wasn't trying to be racist at all, just saying it in a joking way.

Sorry again.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 01:28 PM
  #24
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,576
vCash: 500
I AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAID, I'M JUST ADDING, SO DON'T THINK EVERYTHING I'M SAYING IS NEGATIVE. I AGREE ON THE POSITIVES ALREADY, I JUST DON'T WANT TO REPEAT THEM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
Koivu
Like: Everything

Higgins:
Like: Everything

LACK OF CREATIVITY. OTHERWISE, HE'S AWESOME.

Ryder:
Like: Always gets open + has a good shot
Dislike: Master of scoring goals when the game is pretty much already won

PUCK HOG.

Samsonov
Like: Looks like an lawn ornament
Dislike: Too many fancy nancy plays

PUCK HOG. SMALL AND SOFT. POOR DEFENSIVELY. WON'T SHOOT THE PUCK. BUT CAN BE DYNAMIC IN THE OFFENSIVE ZONE.

Plekanec
Like: Everything

LOOKS LOST IN THE OFFENSIVE ZONE AT TIMES. BUT HE'S STILL YOUNG.

Kovalev
Like: Kovalev's shot pwns lol, and goes into "god" mode in the playoffs
Dislike: In regular season, plays one game out of 3

PUCK HOG. DOESN'T PLAY TO HIS STRENGTHS.

Perezhogin
Like: Can dangle
dislike: Always gets knocked off the puck, or falls over, takes stupid penalties

DOESN'T SHOOT THE PUCK OR GO TO THE NET OR CREATE.

Bonk
Like:.....this is so tough
dislike: his play in general

DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE, EVEN IN A REDUCED ROLE. SKATING IS SLUGGISH. NO CLUE IN THE OFFENSIVE END. LAZY ON DEFENSE AT TIMES.

Johnson:
Like: He's got good wheels for a big guy
Dislike: Seems like a softie for a big guy

DOESN'T USE HIS SIZE AT ALL. GOOD PLAYMAKER AND FORECHECKER.

Murray:
Like: His hair, his angry gremlin face, he fights anyone and throws big hits. Has some offensive skill(he might score 10-15 goals this year. This guy could be our Chris Neil)

NOTHING TO NOT LIKE. AS AN ENERGY GUY, HE'S PERFECT.

Begin
Like: INTENSITY
Dislike: bald spot

PERFECT.

Latendresse:
Like: can hit and score
dislike: nothing yet

DEFENSE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A WEAK SPOT. HIS HANDS ARE DECENT. PASSER AND CRASHER AT THIS POINT, SO HE NEEDS TO PLAY WITH A SCORER.

Souray:
Like: his hair, his huge shot, his ability to clear the crease, his undefeated record in fights, his general toughness
dislike: plays the puck too much

HASN'T BEEN ABLE TO IMPROVE HIS AGILITY OR LEARN HOW TO TAKE SOMETHING OFF HIS SHOT AND KEEP IT LOW TO MAKE IT MORE EFFECTIVE. LOOKED LIKE HE WAS MORE PATIENT BRINGING THE PUCK UP IN PRESEASON, LIKE HE WAS IN 2004. GOOD SIGN.

Markov:
Like: His passes, speed
Dislike: softie

DEFINITELY NOT A SOFTY. ROUTINELY TAKES ON BIGGER MEN MANO-A-MANO. EXCELLENT ALL-AROUND PLAYER. RIVET WILL HELP HIM FOCUS MORE OF HIS ENERGY ON OFFENSE AND NOT SPEND ALL HIS TIME CLEANING UP EVERYONE ELSE'S MESS. HOW ANYONE COULD CRITICIZE THIS GUY IS BEYOND ME. EASILY OUR MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER CONSIDERING THE STATE OF OUR DEFENSE.

Komisarek:
Like: big hits
dislike: sometimes gets caught out of position when he goes for the big hit

PROGRESSED A LOT LAST YEAR POSITIONALLY, BUT WAS SHAKY AGAIN IN PRESEASON FOR SOME REASON. HAS TO WORK ON HIS FOOTWORK IF HE'S EVER GOING TO CONTRIBUTE ON OFFENSE. NEEDS TO PUT A LITTLE MORE TOUCH ON HIS SCORCHING PASSES.

Rivet:
Like: Leadership, toughness at the right times(people remember when Prospal kept running Huet and then Rivet messed him up?), good positional play
Dislike: for someone his size, should be more involved physically

I'VE CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT HIM. HE TOOK A STEP BACK LAST YEAR AND STARTED TO PLAY A SAFER GAME AND PUT UP CAREER NUMBERS. HOPEFULLY HE CONTINUES TO DO THAT AND DOESN'T REVERT TO TURNING THE PUCK OVER AND STANDING AROUND. I'D LIKE TO SEE HIM USE HIS SHOT MORE IN THE OFFENSIVE END.

Dandenault:
Like: His wheels
Dislike: dumb penalties

YOU SAID IT. BIG HEART THO.

Streit:
Like: He is swiss
Dislike: his play in general

TERRIBLE IN HIS OWN END. STILL ADJUSTING TO NHL.

Huet:
Like: He is french, and jesus
Dislike: I can't find the book on him. I know Pierre says it's out but I can't find it. Is it available in la langue de Molière?

HE DOES GO DOWN TOO EARLY SOMETIMES AND MCGUIRE IS RIGHT, THEY WILL PICK UP ON THAT IF HE KEEPS IT UP. GREAT GLOVE AND FRAME THO. HE'S FOR REAL.

Aebischer:
Like: He is swiss
Dislike: Too many rebounds, as someone said in another thread, his style is like a Hasek who doesn't stop pucks
POOR FRAME, SO-SO REBOUND CONTROL. VERY COMPETITIVE AND ATHLETIC THO, SO HE MAKES UP FOR HIS OWN MISTAKES MOST OF THE TIME.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2006, 01:45 PM
  #25
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!
 
Vinceee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Amos, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,412
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
Plekanec
Like: backchecks, forechecks
Dislike: Lack of offensive production


Niinima
Like: offensive ability
Dislike: Seems to be soft and lazy, makes lots of errors and takes bad penalties
For plekanec, He only played one season as a 3rd liner in the nhl and you criticize him for lack of offensive production?!? calm down with the young players, let them develop

Niinima... The guy didnt play one game so far with the team and some of you are already lynching him... Good Job!

Welcome to the team Niinima, you suck!

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.