HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Off-Season Speculation/Be the GM Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-27-2013, 09:40 AM
  #701
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Trade Staal for 1st rounder (2013) and top 6 fwd prospect or a top 6 fwd or straight up for B Ryan

Trade Stralman for a 2nd rounder

Buy out Richards

Hope Kreider has a kick ass season

Fire Torts give Gernander his job,if not give Ruff a chance

Acquire (2 defenseman) a big nasty crease clearing d man and a PP quarter back.

Get rid of Asham and Pyatt.

Go after Clarkson

Boyle is a 4th liner and plays as a 4th liner

Problem is solved

JayQueensNY88* is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 09:44 AM
  #702
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,673
vCash: 500
Some of these speculation posts have way too much turnover and are just not realistic. Although, that does seem to be the Rangers MO in off-seasons, so maybe I'm just being naive here, but roster turnover is a strong reason why Tortorella's system failed this season. Too many new faces, not enough people who have been here long enough with a strong enough belief in the coach to buy-in to the black and blueshirts cause.

I think the team needs a pretty major retool, but I don't think that's the direction they're going to go in. I think Torts needs to go OR he needs to adjust his system to fit his personnel AND bring in a PP specialist coach. Let Torts run the forwards on the team, Sully run the D and PK, and a PP coach to scout other teams PKs, and run an effective unit. Easier said than done though.

For my not so major roster turnover, here's what I want from the Rangers.

Sign all RFAs.
Buy-out Richards.
Sign Erik Nystrom for 3 years.
Let Clowe walk, he'll get more $$ elsewhere.
Trade MDZ at the draft for a first rounder and a winger.
Sign Robyn Regher for 2 years.
Fix system.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Callahan
MDZ Winger - Miller/Boyle/Lindberg - Zuccarello
Nystrom - Miller/Boyle/Lindberg - Dorsett
Asham

Staal - G
McD - Stralman
Moore - Regher

Open the system. Let our plethora of two-way defensemen do what they do. Let the talent breathe.

#ArmChairGM

silverfish is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 09:53 AM
  #703
miss2leetch
Registered User
 
miss2leetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 183
vCash: 500
Torts is not the guy for this organization. He is poor handling the personalities on the team. He could not fix the power play...all year. he changes lines to frequently not allowing players to develop chemistry. He is a ********. Sather also needs to go away. he is does not have a good grasp for talent. We need a Gm and coach who are on the same page. I think Staal is one hit away from retirement and we shouldn't expect much from him for the future. The team played tight all year. Some new management would do wonders for the organization.

miss2leetch is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 09:56 AM
  #704
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Some of these speculation posts have way too much turnover and are just not realistic. Although, that does seem to be the Rangers MO in off-seasons, so maybe I'm just being naive here, but roster turnover is a strong reason why Tortorella's system failed this season. Too many new faces, not enough people who have been here long enough with a strong enough belief in the coach to buy-in to the black and blueshirts cause.

I think the team needs a pretty major retool, but I don't think that's the direction they're going to go in. I think Torts needs to go OR he needs to adjust his system to fit his personnel AND bring in a PP specialist coach. Let Torts run the forwards on the team, Sully run the D and PK, and a PP coach to scout other teams PKs, and run an effective unit. Easier said than done though.

For my not so major roster turnover, here's what I want from the Rangers.

Sign all RFAs.
Buy-out Richards.
Sign Erik Nystrom for 3 years.
Let Clowe walk, he'll get more $$ elsewhere.
Trade MDZ at the draft for a first rounder and a winger.
Sign Robyn Regher for 2 years.
Fix system.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Callahan
MDZ Winger - Miller/Boyle/Lindberg - Zuccarello
Nystrom - Miller/Boyle/Lindberg - Dorsett
Asham

Staal - G
McD - Stralman
Moore - Regher

Open the system. Let our plethora of two-way defensemen do what they do. Let the talent breathe.

#ArmChairGM
I'm all for Regher

JayQueensNY88* is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 10:29 AM
  #705
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Why exactly are people saying to trade Staal? How exactly is that a good idea?
I guess because people are worried about him leaving after his contract is up. The way I look at it is we have four lefty shot defensemen in Staal, Moore, McDonagh, and Del Zotto while we only have two righty shot defensemen in Girardi and Stralman. Del Zotto could always be played on the right side but it may be in the teams best interest to move one of the lefty shooting defensemen for offensive help. Mac and Moore aren't going anywhere so that leaves you with Staal and DZ. Obviously I'd want to deal DZ long before Staal but the return for Staal could be extremely nice.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
05-27-2013, 10:31 AM
  #706
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,202
vCash: 500
Also minor but even though I **** on Eminger at points in the playoffs, he should still be brought back as a 7th defenseman. He's been very solid for this team throughout his tenure, is familiar with the team, and will come cheap like his other contracts. It's just an issue when Eminger is a top 6 defenseman in the playoffs.

NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
05-27-2013, 10:41 AM
  #707
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Also minor but even though I **** on Eminger at points in the playoffs, he should still be brought back as a 7th defenseman. He's been very solid for this team throughout his tenure, is familiar with the team, and will come cheap like his other contracts. It's just an issue when Eminger is a top 6 defenseman in the playoffs.
Agreed. Eminger knows his role and plays well overall. Much better than Bickel, Hamerlik or Gilroy.

__________________
Jabroni is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 10:45 AM
  #708
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Agreed. Eminger knows his role and plays well overall. Much better than Bickel, Hamerlik or Gilroy.
gotta agree. he's been quiet and successful as a 7th. def keep him there.

Kreider Typical is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 10:47 AM
  #709
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,868
vCash: 500
If you look at the Clowe trade,the Rangers didn't give up anything if they don't re-sign Clowe. The Rangers accumulated 4 3rd rounders. They also have the Panthers 5th in 2014 for Wellman. The Rangers traded their 2nd,FLA 3rd(Wolski)and a conditional 5th in 2014 which becomes a 2nd if NYR sign Clowe. The Rangers swap 2 of the 3rd's(NSH,CLB and NYR) for a 2nd next month replacing the 2nd. They have a 5th from FLA to replace the 5th sent to SJ. Then they swapped Gaborik for Brassard,Moore,Dorsett and a 6th in 14. Brassard gives a center option to replace Richards. Moore potentially allows them to trade a D for a forward to replace Gaborik who the NYR couldn't afford to re-sign. Dorsett is an upgrade over their current bottom 6. He is signed to a good contract for the next 2 years.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 10:56 AM
  #710
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,646
vCash: 500
too much turnover is never a good thing, and it seems to happen alot here. I would trade dz for a top winger to help the offense (preferably LW), with Moore in the fold, dz becomes our 6th best dman overall and our 4th best LHD, sign bryan bickell for some size and grit, play Kreider!, and try to acquire a RHD triggerman

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:10 AM
  #711
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,758
vCash: 500
So, just to summarize, here's what's been discussed so far:

Nail Yakupov: Would be fantastic to get him, but is most definitely a pipe dream.
Bobby Ryan: A good goal-scoring forward, but I'd be more interested in the next 2 options...
Tomas Vanek: Solid player, 41 points in 38 games this year. Plays LW.
Loui Eriksson: My favorite option; LW/RW who is young and can put up points.
Alexander Burmistrov: 2nd best option. Another young forward.

Of these players, who is really available?

Jabroni is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:14 AM
  #712
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,868
vCash: 500
Where are the Rangers acquiring this righty shot from? Who can QB the PP or has a big shot and can play in the top 4. Someone who doesn't have a crazy contract or requires a crazy contract or isn't near 40. McBain? Christian Thomas for McBain. Rutherford likes the Ontario boys. CHL. OHL. McBain isn't a top 4 D but he gives the Rangers more depth and is a righty. McBain is in the Carolina dog house every month.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:16 AM
  #713
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Where are the Rangers acquiring this righty shot from? Who can QB the PP or has a big shot and can play in the top 4. Someone who doesn't have a crazy contract or requires a crazy contract or isn't near 40. McBain? Christian Thomas for McBain. Rutherford likes the Ontario boys. CHL. OHL. McBain isn't a top 4 D but he gives the Rangers more depth and is a righty. McBain is in the Carolina dog house every month.
McBain is a shooter? That's the 2nd biggest issue with the PP beside zone entry.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:21 AM
  #714
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
So, just to summarize, here's what's been discussed so far:

Nail Yakupov: Would be fantastic to get him, but is most definitely a pipe dream.
Bobby Ryan: A good goal-scoring forward, but I'd be more interested in the next 2 options...
Tomas Vanek: Solid player, 41 points in 38 games this year. Plays LW.
Loui Eriksson: My favorite option; LW/RW who is young and can put up points.
Alexander Burmistrov: 2nd best option. Another young forward.

Of these players, who is really available?
I actually like Vanek the best out of them all. Burmistrov reminds me of Miller though, no need to acquire something we already have. Maybe DZ + Hagelin + pick/Clowe's rights for Vanek + Stafford?

Vanek-Stepan-Stafford
Kreider-Brassard-Nash
Zuccarello-Miller-Callahan
Stalberg-Boyle-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Moore-xxx (I want Franson)


Last edited by Kris Chreider: 05-27-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Kris Chreider is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:24 AM
  #715
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
So, just to summarize, here's what's been discussed so far:

Nail Yakupov: Would be fantastic to get him, but is most definitely a pipe dream.
Bobby Ryan: A good goal-scoring forward, but I'd be more interested in the next 2 options...
Tomas Vanek: Solid player, 41 points in 38 games this year. Plays LW.
Loui Eriksson: My favorite option; LW/RW who is young and can put up points.
Alexander Burmistrov: 2nd best option. Another young forward.

Of these players, who is really available?
Ryan and Vanek are the most realistic.

Don't see Eriksson moving. Don't care for Burmistrov. Yakupov is, as you said, a pipe train.

__________________
Krampus is online now  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:30 AM
  #716
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
i posted this in the DZ thread. it needs to be posted here.
This is my view on the Defense going forward. The offense is more tricky.

When deciding on a D pair, they have to complement each other well.

McD - Girardi complement each other well. For those calling for Girardi to be traded, I don't think they fully appreciate what he brings. He plays a premium position that is tough to find, a top pairing, minute eating, shotblocking, stay at home RHD. And he plays well with either Staal or McD.

As to the second pair, you have to first decide who your RHD is, if it's Stralman, then Staal stays and DZ is expandable. Staal can help cover some of Stralman's miscues; he has no clue how to defend a 2 on 1, likes to venture up ice and with Staal, it'd give him the freedom to use his skating and puck handling to support the offense.

DZ/Moore - Stralman is a disaster waiting to happen. They are all offensive Dmen who sometimes play out of position.

DZ/Moore - McIlrath will be a good pair because their style complements each other well. McIlrath is the stay at home Dman to the offensive Dmen the other 2 are.

Between Moore and DZ, I'd keep Moore because of the size, the more accurate shot and the caphit. With one condition, Moore needs to gain some muscle, I have seen him outmuscled too many times along the wall or infront of the net.

DZ should get a good return.

Therefore my D line up next season
McD - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Moore - McIlrath
Eminger/X.

With DZ as the asset to trade.

I'd still trade for a young RHD with a good shot from the right side. There are 2 tiers here
Tier 1: Players without exemptions
McBain, Blum, Postma
I'd trade for one of these and play them as the 7th D man/ PP specialist.
Tier 2: Players with exemptions
Savard, Goncharov.
i'd trade for one of these to put in the AHL and groom for the future. Hartford needs young Dmen and these guys have cannons from the point and play a physical kind of hockey.
RHD with a good shot are rare to find and i'd stock as many as i could.
This also gives the team more leverage when discussing Girardi's extension.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:34 AM
  #717
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,646
vCash: 500
vanek would be a rental.. burmistrov if we buy out Richards

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:36 AM
  #718
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,646
vCash: 500
what about Ian white? does he a shot? I know he was v discussed earlier this year and he's a ufa I believe

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:39 AM
  #719
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,868
vCash: 500
From: @NYDNRangers
Sent: May 27, 2013 11:38a

Clowe says he's open to negotiations to stay a Ranger, when asked if he's willing to take a pay cut

sent via Twitter for iPhone
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NYDNRangers/statu...42839033966592

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:41 AM
  #720
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,868
vCash: 500
From: @AGrossRecord
Sent: May 27, 2013 11:36a

Clowe said he loved being a Ranger. Hopes to return. Open to negotiating to find a way to stay. "We'll see what happens."

sent via HootSuite
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/stat...42455682965504

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:45 AM
  #721
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,572
vCash: 420
McBain will cost more than Christian Thomas....

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:46 AM
  #722
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,176
vCash: 500
Your assessment of Stralman is pretty off in my opinion. Defensively solid TWD at points he was our best d-man these playoffs.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:52 AM
  #723
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Agreed.

Oates used last change to his advantage, but Stralman actually did a good job of shutting Ovi down, getting physical and trying to rattle him.

Kris Chreider is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:55 AM
  #724
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,648
vCash: 500
I'd be comfortable with Stralman being our 2nd pair RHD for the season.

ecemleafs is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 12:01 PM
  #725
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,646
vCash: 500
stralman is underrated very much

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.