HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Bowman Part III

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2013, 04:27 AM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle

vCash: 1400
Neutral observer here. I dont think you can blame Quenneville for what is happening. I know others who have disagreed. To me it comes down to the makeup of the team.

When you guys won the cup you could play it anyway the opposition wanted to and you could beat them any way you wanted to.

I dont think that is the case any longer. Losing Ladd and Byfuglien was huge. I also think signing Hossa was a mistake. That contract is way too long.

The Chicago team I see now is unable to handle the tough sledding, which is what the playoffs tend to be and is why imo you guys have had problems getting very far in the playoffs the last couple years.

That isnt on the coach. That is on management and yes, the bulk of the blame could be laid at the feet of Tallon for screwing up the QO's, but Bowman has had a couple years now to address the situation and I dont think he has made the necessary changes.

The Hawks need more grit. The Wings want it more. They are battling harder and yes, they are getting the benefit of the doubt from the refs imo, but the players have to fight through that. So far they havent been able to. Just my two cents.

Good luck tomorrow and the rest of the way.

Old
05-25-2013, 07:04 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
No Hossa = No Cup = No Mistake

the roster is fine and if the PP could score a goal we wouldn't be down 3-1

and please for the love of god, when this gets closed DON'T OPEN ANOTHER THREAD WITH THIS TOPIC. I WON'T HAPPEN AND IT SHOULDN'T - YET

Old
05-25-2013, 09:25 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Neutral observer here. I dont think you can blame Quenneville for what is happening. I know others who have disagreed. To me it comes down to the makeup of the team.

When you guys won the cup you could play it anyway the opposition wanted to and you could beat them any way you wanted to.

I dont think that is the case any longer. Losing Ladd and Byfuglien was huge. I also think signing Hossa was a mistake. That contract is way too long.

The Chicago team I see now is unable to handle the tough sledding, which is what the playoffs tend to be and is why imo you guys have had problems getting very far in the playoffs the last couple years.

That isnt on the coach. That is on management and yes, the bulk of the blame could be laid at the feet of Tallon for screwing up the QO's, but Bowman has had a couple years now to address the situation and I dont think he has made the necessary changes.

The Hawks need more grit. The Wings want it more. They are battling harder and yes, they are getting the benefit of the doubt from the refs imo, but the players have to fight through that. So far they havent been able to. Just my two cents.

Good post, but good luck convincing most people here who think we are the cat's ass.... just look at post #977 in this thread.

I think Q needs to go, but Stan is the guy who brought in all these softies. Hawks regularly play country club hockey and that inevitably catches up to a team in the playoffs.

Last edited by BobbyJet: 05-25-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old
05-25-2013, 09:48 AM
hockeydoug

Quote:
Hawks regularly play country club hockey and that inevitably catches up to a team in the playoffs.
For perspective's sake, which teams don't?

Old
05-25-2013, 11:16 PM
zytz
lumberjack

That Stan, can him already.

What's he thinking putting a no name 5th round selection on the roster when it's crunch time.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:05 AM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:

Thanks for the post but have to strongly disagree on a few key points.

The problem is that the NHL swallows their whistles and let everything under the son pass as not being a penalty. I'm sorry but I for one would enjoy for the Nhl to keep it one way either allow the obstruction and blatant interference the entire season or don't and then I will stop complaining about that issue.

Next the point about management is that bowman just finished a season where they won the presidents trophy I'm sorry but that's pretty good. Detroit has no more sand paper or grit than the hawks but they do have a far superior coach

Signing hossa was a mistake come on they won a cup no mistake.

At the end of the day this series comes down execution and the hawks refusal to take what Detroit was giving then. The refusal to do that or adapt as a team is not because we are missing Ladd and Buff it's coaching not holding players responsible or simply put they don't care and think they can find a way to make it work.

Babcock played open Ice hockey and got owned in game 1 so what did they do the next 3 they turtled and played a similar style to what Minessota was trying to do to the hawks with 4 players back and clogging the middle of the ice, Chicago refused to go to the net or do anything more than a fly by Howard. It's all coaching Chicago is vastly superior talent wise yet they are down in a series because of coaching

Old
05-26-2013, 11:20 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
That Stan, can him already.

What's he thinking putting a no name 5th round selection on the roster when it's crunch time.
It cracks me up that without fail we get a few of the rosies throw some sarcasm out like we have just won the SC. It gets tiring.

Yes we won a big game but it's one game ... Now the team must go back to their backyard and the line match-ups will be different. We will need to dig deep and we are still in deep doo doo, so please don't post like that one win is satisfying, and somehow good enough, because it isn't..

Old
05-26-2013, 12:00 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
It cracks me up that without fail we get a few of the rosies throw some sarcasm out like we have just won the SC. It gets tiring.

Yes we won a big game but it's one game ... Now the team must go back to their backyard and the line match-ups will be different. We will need to dig deep and we are still in deep doo doo, so please don't post like that one win is satisfying, and somehow good enough, because it isn't..
I don't recall saying anything about how we have won a big game, or how we won the cup, or how we won anything.

I'm just here to refute the ridiculous notion that our GM is incompetent because he doesn't indulge these boards in every knee-jerk reaction trade proposal or FA signing scenario that comes up.

He pretty clearly stated once upon a time that he wants to build te team through the draft- and hey look - it looks like its the depth players from our own system that won the game for us last night. Not Iginla, not Parise, not Ryan Miller, not Ryan Suter, not whatever goalie we would have picked up when everyone was screaming to can Crawford.

He has ability that's really just uncanny to see beyond the most recent loss, almost like he knows that a single game, or even a single season, may not be indicative of a players potential or ability.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Good post, but good luck convincing most people here who think we are the cat's ass.... just look at post #977 in this thread.

I think Q needs to go, but Stan is the guy who brought in all these softies. Hawks regularly play country club hockey and that inevitably catches up to a team in the playoffs.
Have you seen Game 5? Maybe you should watch it again cause our Roster clearly is good enough, talented enough and physical enough to get it done. It's not about the GM or the soft euro players we have and you hate, it's about Q that always refuses to play that style of hockey.

It's not a good post when you talk **** about the GM that has a good roster and took a bad prospect pool to a good prospect pool and has a good roster with no Cap Problems and luxurys like Bolland and Frolik on the 4th line making a combined 6 million

Last edited by DisgruntledHawkFan: 05-26-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old
05-26-2013, 02:49 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Have you seen Game 5? Maybe you should watch it again cause our Roster clearly is good enough, talented enough and physical enough to get it done. It's not about the GM or the soft euro players we have and you hate, it's about Q that always refuses to play that style of hockey.

It's not a good post when you talk **** about the GM that has a good roster and took a bad prospect pool to a good prospect pool and has a good roster with no Cap Problems and luxurys like Bolland and Frolik on the 4th line making a combined 6 million
Lets not forget who we're playing here. This Wings team is not nearly the formidable group they once were. They have kids playing roles that should be exploited. This is not LA, Bruins or Pens, not even SJ for the matter. Hawks have drawn the 2 best teams they possibly could have and still have their backs against the wall. One game is exactly that and does not make a series. If they come back, they will be doing what they should be doing, without the dramatics of going down 3 - 1.

Old
05-26-2013, 03:54 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Agreed Jet, shouldn't be in this position but need to keep going strong every second.

Old
05-26-2013, 04:18 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
It's the playoffs. Expectations go right out the window.

Edit: to an extent. It's the hardest trophy to win in sports for a reason.

Old
05-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Hawkaholic

Any team can beat any other team in the WCSF, and ECSF...thats why they are there. Detroit is a very good team, only a fool would think otherwise.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I think it's still a good idea to underrate the team that beat the #2 seed and is up against the #1 seed

Old
05-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I think it's still a good idea to underrate the team that beat the #2 seed and is up against the #1 seed
Especially when our team played like crap against that very own #2 seed all year.

Old
05-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

but they are old and they are a crappy version of our team

Old
05-27-2013, 10:39 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Any team can beat any other team in the WCSF, and ECSF...thats why they are there. Detroit is a very good team, only a fool would think otherwise.

Yes, of course they CAN….. but my, oh my, expectations have (for some Hawk supporters) certainly been lowered. Whatever happened to the bold statements like we owned them this year, we have too much depth, our core is too good etc…. Wings are hardly the meat of the teams still alive in this years PO’s. As I said before the PO’s began, if we can’t beat them, we deserve to be out. They are vulnerable on the blue line, and relatively weak physically… a shadow of the Wings team in their formidable years.. They do remain well coached however, and their team game and discipline reflects that, and that is their ace in the hole. They are also masters at bending the rules, but that is nothing new and all Hawk fans should have known this coming in.

I get the feeling that, if Hawks are eliminated this round some fans are going to accept defeat a little too gracefully for my liking. No matter what happens this week, no Hawk fan should be the least bit satisfied unless we advance.

Old
05-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Yes, of course they CAN….. but my, oh my, expectations have (for some Hawk supporters) certainly been lowered. Whatever happened to the bold statements like we owned them this year, we have too much depth, our core is too good etc…. Wings are hardly the meat of the teams still alive in this years PO’s. As I said before the PO’s began, if we can’t beat them, we deserve to be out. They are vulnerable on the blue line, and relatively weak physically… a shadow of the Wings team in their formidable years.. They do remain well coached however, and their team game and discipline reflects that, and that is their ace in the hole. They are also masters at bending the rules, but that is nothing new and all Hawk fans should have known this coming in.

I get the feeling that, if Hawks are eliminated this round some fans are going to accept defeat a little too gracefully for my liking. No matter what happens this week, no Hawk fan should be the least bit satisfied unless we advance.
I said all year during/post-streak that anything less than a conference finals appearance would be a disappointment. If this team comes back just to lose in Game 7 this series and season will not be any sort of success and I won't accept it gracefully in the least.

Old
05-27-2013, 11:49 AM
digdug41982

Good, I also would not accept it gracefully.

Old
05-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Yes, of course they CAN….. but my, oh my, expectations have (for some Hawk supporters) certainly been lowered. Whatever happened to the bold statements like we owned them this year, we have too much depth, our core is too good etc…
This is a completely different Wings team than the one we faced in the regular season. Even then, the Wings played us very tight in the regular season outside of 1 game.

We should of had lower expectations when the series began, as most of us expected it to go the way of the regular season. But Detroit has improved and gotten healthier, hind sight is always 20/20.

Hawk fans (hockey fans in general) underestimated the Wings, that's all there is too it.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:02 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
This is a completely different Wings team than the one we faced in the regular season. Even then, the Wings played us very tight in the regular season outside of 1 game.

We should of had lower expectations when the series began, as most of us expected it to go the way of the regular season. But Detroit has improved and gotten healthier, hind sight is always 20/20.

Hawk fans (hockey fans in general) underestimated the Wings, that's all there is too it.
That sounds like a "wait until next season" speech. It pisses me off just to read it.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
That sounds like a "wait until next season" speech. It pisses me off just to read it.
WTF are you talking about?

Any team can win, DET is a better team than we anticipated them being...how the hell do you get wait till next season out of that????

Old
05-27-2013, 12:04 PM
digdug41982

I think it would be an embarrassment to lose to them this way. Lack of effort, lack of ammo, lack of preparation, it isn't a secret why they are in this position, just need to bear down and get it done. Hopefully lessons learned by all this series and Go Sharks because the Kings are way more assertive than the Wings.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:06 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I think it would be an embarrassment to lose to them this way. Lack of effort, lack of ammo, lack of preparation, it isn't a secret why they are in this position, just need to bear down and get it done. Hopefully lessons learned by all this series and Go Sharks because the Kings are way more assertive than the Wings.
ita.

their current position is infuriating because they're not losing against a way better team or anything. they're being beaten by their own lazy play.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:08 PM
ChitownDoctor

Quote:
I also think signing Hossa was a mistake. That contract is way too long.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

is this real life?

You did not want a cup?

Closed Thread