HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) III

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2013, 04:59 PM
habsrule22

vCash: 500
Dupuis is one we should target. Pittsburgh will be hard press to keep him with the cap issues they have over the next 2 years. Hendricks is another we should target, he d be great on the 4 th line and washington has the same cap issues. We should also get Bieksa, who is a rugged D that will have something to prove next year and Vancouver need cap space and we have a few low salaried D that we could trade to them

Old
05-26-2013, 05:00 PM
25get

Next season DD will need to fight for his icetime with Eller and Plekanec.

Hopefully, he will rise to the occasion.

Old
05-26-2013, 05:07 PM
deandebean

With thw possibikity of having the Nords back in Quebec next Sept, the race for francos will be interesting.

Old
05-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
With thw possibikity of having the Nords back in Quebec next Sept, the race for francos will be interesting.
I don't see the Nords next September. I see them as an expansion team for 2014-2015. But for sure....people in here don't want to see this but there will be races for francos and not only on the management aspect.

But I expect you'll see a lot of "Well, let them win all those races, we'll win games instead" comments....

Old
05-26-2013, 05:11 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I don't see the Nords next September. I see them as an expansion team for 2014-2015. But for sure....people in here don't want to see this but there will be races for francos and not only on the management aspect.

But I expect you'll see a lot of "Well, let them win all those races, we'll win games instead" comments....
And then the Habs will still lose those games.

Old
05-26-2013, 05:22 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
What is Desharnais value at this point? A 2nd round pick? A prospect that is staggering with his team and a depth players that will hardly provide the offensive upside of Desharnais? I'd rather keep Desharnais for now.
I agree with you. What percentage of second round picks turn out to be as good as Desharnais... it is a low number.

Old
05-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Mercury10

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Dupuis is one we should target. Pittsburgh will be hard press to keep him with the cap issues they have over the next 2 years. Hendricks is another we should target, he d be great on the 4 th line and washington has the same cap issues. We should also get Bieksa, who is a rugged D that will have something to prove next year and Vancouver need cap space and we have a few low salaried D that we could trade to them
Please please don't even talk about Bieksa in a classy uniform like the Habs. I live in B.C. and when we're not getting bombarded with the blue and white plague of mediocrity and failure on HNIT, we get the Canucks jammed down our throat regularily. I have seen Bieksa well over 100x and he is the only guy that comes close to being as overrated as Neon Deon Phaneuf. He has some occasional flashes of talent on the PP and some rare good plays in his own end but his physical game consists of jumping equal or smaller players who have limited fighting ability. He runs from confrontations with anyone slightly larger than him and anyone who has fighting experience. I often find myself being embarrassed for him.
We have PK who embarrasses himself and the team often enough we don't need more of that in Bieksa without the upside that PK brings.

Old
05-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I agree with you. What percentage of second round picks turn out to be as good as Desharnais... it is a low number.
its more for cap space and how ineffective he hs become on this team

Old
05-26-2013, 07:10 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury10 View Post
Please please don't even talk about Bieksa in a classy uniform like the Habs. I live in B.C. and when we're not getting bombarded with the blue and white plague of mediocrity and failure on HNIT, we get the Canucks jammed down our throat regularily. I have seen Bieksa well over 100x and he is the only guy that comes close to being as overrated as Neon Deon Phaneuf. He has some occasional flashes of talent on the PP and some rare good plays in his own end but his physical game consists of jumping equal or smaller players who have limited fighting ability. He runs from confrontations with anyone slightly larger than him and anyone who has fighting experience. I often find myself being embarrassed for him.
We have PK who embarrasses himself and the team often enough we don't need more of that in Bieksa without the upside that PK brings.
I'd take Bieksa in a heart beat.

Old
05-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Saintpatrick*

Has anyone mentioned the possible acquisition of Horton in the off season? I think he would be a valuable piece or maybe Orr or Volchenkov?

Old
05-26-2013, 07:57 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I'd take Bieksa in a heart beat.
he avg. about 2 to 3 hits and block shots a game, not afraid to mix it up. Kills penalties and can be on the power play, and he shoots right which we can use. Having him team up with markov at least till emelin is back would help. And with vancouver needing to make changes and in need of cap flexibility. we could get a good deal

Old
05-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
And Dupuis has always been underpaid. Hopefully the Pens lowball him once again.

The guy would be perfect, he's a fast skater and the physical game doesn't bother him.

Old
05-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Bergevin should target Big Buff. Physical and can be an assett offensively. These type of guys are the breed of the futur.

Old
05-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Bergevin should target Big Buff. Physical and can be an assett offensively. These type of guys are the breed of the futur.
We have a Dustin Byfuglien who was tamed to play better defense, why would we trade for one that refuses to play defense?

Old
05-26-2013, 10:22 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

No to Dupuis.

Yes to Bickell.

Old
05-26-2013, 10:43 PM
HabsIslesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Next season DD will need to fight for his icetime with Eller and Plekanec.

Hopefully, he will rise to the occasion.
He has been rising to the occasion and overcoming odds since he was 16 and cut from junior. It should come as no surprise when he "defeats the odds" next year after being written off by so many people

Old
05-27-2013, 01:58 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We need to start thinking about our future D-corps. With Markov aging, and what seems to be a lack of a quality #3 (after Subban and Markov), we should call Phoenix and see if they are interested in a trade involving Yandle of Klesla. They need budget relief... I just don't know what to send back to them.

Maybe even trying to see if they have any interest in dealing RFA David Rundblad (just like they traded Turris for him, when his development stunted and the hold out occurred). Rundblad is 22 years old and has the time to turn into a quality d-man.

Old
05-27-2013, 08:18 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Watching the playoffs, I'd really like to see a top 3 quality centerman who can win faceoffs.

Old
05-27-2013, 08:52 AM
SnapVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Watching the playoffs, I'd really like to see a top 3 quality centerman who can win faceoffs.
Galchenyuk
Eller
plekanec

Thats is your 3 center at the start of 2014-2015.

Old
05-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Galchenyuk
Eller
plekanec

100% agreed.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:18 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Galchenyuk
Eller
plekanec

That could happen, however I believe it will be:

Galchenyuk
Plekanec
Eller
4C

Eventually Eller will take over for Pleks and Pleks will be traded I think.

Galchenyuk
Eller
3C
4C

Old
05-27-2013, 12:24 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
I think Bournival has the potential to be a very good 3C for this club in the future. He reminds me a lot of Sutter in Pittsburgh with his ability to read the play and control the puck in the middle of the ice.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I think Bournival has the potential to be a very good 3C for this club in the future. He reminds me a lot of Sutter in Pittsburgh with his ability to read the play and control the puck in the middle of the ice.
Problem is that Sutter is 6'3 while Bournival is 6'0.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Galchenyuk
Eller
Bournival
Dumont

I could live with that provided we have some solid, larger wingers.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Galchenyuk
Eller
Bournival
Dumont

I could live with that provided we have some solid, larger wingers.
I could see that in a few years but Bournival will probably start out as a 4th liner.

Closed Thread