HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (2013-14 schedule in post #973)

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 12:51 PM
CharlieGirl

vCash: 500
According to Portland's coach, Leier is definitely out for Friday night's game and possibly the rest of the tournament.

Old
05-23-2013, 01:30 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Wasn't an elbow. Replays show it was his shoulder that hit him square on the chin. His elbow came up on the follow through.
CanadianHockeyLeague ‏@CHLHockey 18m #CHL announces #NHL Hockey Ops decision to suspend D. Thrower (SAS) for balance of #MCMemorialCup for check to head injuring T. Leier (POR)Retweeted by Bob McKenzie

Old
05-24-2013, 06:40 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

London lit up Saskatoon, but Stolarz didn't play

Old
05-24-2013, 09:54 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Portland beat London 2-1. Stolarz didn't get the start. London's now eliminated.

Portland and Halifax in the final, winner takes all.

Old
05-24-2013, 10:44 PM
FlyersFan61290

Hopefully stollie bounces back next yr. I know these games aren't exactly goalie friendly and he played way more this yr then he's used to with the jump to the CHL but he got out up pretty bad.

I called Portland a while back but I don't follow juniors a whole lot. I know it's not over yet but us that an obvious choice?

Hope Leier is ok, from little I've seen/heard he had a good year for Portland (better then his numbers indicate).

Old
05-24-2013, 11:10 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Hopefully stollie bounces back next yr. I know these games aren't exactly goalie friendly and he played way more this yr then he's used to with the jump to the CHL but he got out up pretty bad.

I called Portland a while back but I don't follow juniors a whole lot. I know it's not over yet but us that an obvious choice?

Hope Leier is ok, from little I've seen/heard he had a good year for Portland (better then his numbers indicate).
He'll have a summer and a full year in London this upcoming year. He should be fine. I think fatigue really started setting in for him. The team in front of him wasn't really that great either the last couple of weeks.

The tournament this year was pretty crazy a lot of high powered offense. The goalies haven't been the great but the defenses werent neither. Here's all the goalie statistics so far:
-Patterson 4GP .902SV% 3.18GAA
-Carruth 4GP .899SV% 3.25GAA
-Fucale 3GP .899SV% 3.36GAA
-Makarov 4GP .899SV% 4.09GAA
-Stolarz 3GP .872SV% 4.50GAA

Most were calling for Portland, Halifax, and London to win their leagues at the beginning of the year. So yes, many considered them to be a contender at the start.

Old
05-25-2013, 09:44 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Portland beat London 2-1. Stolarz didn't get the start. London's now eliminated.
What a shame....

Old
05-25-2013, 12:10 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
What a shame....

you don't show your dislike twords London enough btw

Old
05-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
That's a shame for Leier but I get the sense he won't be signed anyway.
I disagree with you. Why do you think this young man will not be signed?

Old
05-25-2013, 01:05 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
you don't show your dislike twords London enough btw
LOL - you should have seen me during the 3rd period of last night's game! *happy dance*

This London team had a fantastic year in the OHL, and no one can take that from them. They must have been confused that no opponent goals were waived off, or that they didn't get gratuitous powerplays at the end of the game in the Memorial Cup.

Old
05-25-2013, 01:07 PM
daynus

the flyers ohl fans

having a battle with one another. windsor v kitchner v london. yah that can get pretty crazy. i was actually more bummed about the london loss, than i was the blades loss. i am located in pretty much a triangle, prince albert,saskatoon, moosejaw,regina. and am by no means a saskatoon blades fan. not even a little bit. my fav sask whl team is the prince albert raiders. fav overall team in the whl is the kelowna rockets.

Old
05-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
According to Portland's coach, Leier is definitely out for Friday night's game and possibly the rest of the tournament.
Shame. The young man was playing well and this very well could be his last chance for the Cup.

Old
05-25-2013, 03:36 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Shame. The young man was playing well and this very well could be his last chance for the Cup.
Hopefully he'll have a chance at the real cup in a few years.

Old
05-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
Hopefully he'll have a chance at the real cup in a few years.
I hear that

Old
05-27-2013, 12:10 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Can't find a source but according to this post on the Prospects board Suellentrop will reenter the draft
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherStriker View Post
Philadelphia Flyers 3rd rounder Colin Suellentrop will be put back into the draft. A shame really. He was great with the Gens this season

Old
05-27-2013, 08:05 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
LOL - you should have seen me during the 3rd period of last night's game! *happy dance*

This London team had a fantastic year in the OHL, and no one can take that from them. They must have been confused that no opponent goals were waived off, or that they didn't get gratuitous powerplays at the end of the game in the Memorial Cup.
Your mention of the Knights as the Penguins of the OHL (or words to that effect) have stuck with me, so my enthusiasm for the team around Stolarz is significantly tempered.

Old
05-27-2013, 08:54 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Your mention of the Knights as the Penguins of the OHL (or words to that effect) have stuck with me, so my enthusiasm for the team around Stolarz is significantly tempered.
Oh, I don't know.

High end talent, very good GM, were crappy for years and then gained a ton of new "diehard" fans in 2005, they get far more media attention than any other team (despite winning just one championship in the last 20 years), they get the benefit of the doubt on most penalty calls (and embellish the hell out of the iffy ones to make sure) and if they're down a goal or the game is tied with 3 minutes to go, you can pretty much count on a PP being awarded.

Oh, and now we can talk about Pittsburgh.

Old
05-27-2013, 11:58 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Oh, I don't know.

High end talent, very good GM, were crappy for years and then gained a ton of new "diehard" fans in 2005, they get far more media attention than any other team (despite winning just one championship in the last 20 years), they get the benefit of the doubt on most penalty calls (and embellish the hell out of the iffy ones to make sure) and if they're down a goal or the game is tied with 3 minutes to go, you can pretty much count on a PP being awarded.

Oh, and now we can talk about Pittsburgh.
Okay, phew, as long as there is no resemblance whatsoever to the Penguins.

I already had difficulty with the team being coached and owned by my all-time least favourite player in NHL history.

Old
05-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
Can't find a source but according to this post on the Prospects board Suellentrop will reenter the draft
This was predictable. They've had lots of looks at him, but he's really a tweener.

He's not really big enough that he can be a shutdown guy, and he's not skilled enough to provide any meaningful offense. Decent but not great shot. Decent but not great skater.

I had hopes for him but I think it come down to a lack of hockey sense. Even in the couple games I saw this year (I watched him more the previous year), he would just get caught out of position or let his man go inexplicably too many times. Nice, hardworking kid but it really doesn't seem like the NHL is in his future.

When thje NHL upside is as a two-way 5/6/7 dman, it's really not worth the team using a contract on him now.

Mark Alt has taken over that space on the org chart and he's much bigger, skates better and has more potential.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:03 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Okay, phew, as long as there is no resemblance whatsoever to the Penguins.

I already had difficulty with the team being coached and owned by my all-time least favourite player in NHL history.
LOL - forgot to mention that the commissioner of the league holds them out as a model franchise. London, I mean. Because I'm sure Mr. Bettman would never do such a thing in the NHL.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:15 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
LOL - forgot to mention that the commissioner of the league holds them out as a model franchise. London, I mean. Because I'm sure Mr. Bettman would never do such a thing in the NHL.
I'll look forward to the "What is not to like about Max Domi now?" thread on the main boards.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
I know you hate them, but you have to admit they are a well-run organization.

The 9000 seat arena is the perfect size for Jr. and always packed. They attract the 'ufas' like Mermis and Stolarz, who decide to leave college.

The Hunters are doing a great job with them and they are MemCup hosts next year, so look for them to really load up again next year.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:52 PM
CharlieGirl

They are well run (hence my "very good GM" comment above) and have had a lot of success since the Hunters took over the franchise. That is indisputable.

I have a problem with the goldfish memories of a lot of London fans (much like Pittsburgh fans) who will swear the team has always been good - those "fans" are the ones who crow the loudest. I have the utmost respect for the people who stuck with the team when they sucked, and enjoy the hell out of the team this last 8 or 9 years - and so they should.

I also have an issue with being awarded the Memorial Cup so soon after last hosting it, but that's another whole discussion. They'll do a good job, and Branch will pee his pants in anticipation of blubbering about how every franchise should conduct themselves as London does.

There are franchises who definitely need a kick in the pants (Kingston frustrates the hell out of me - fantastic city, great venue, but **** ownership and management) but I personally thank God there is only one London in the OHL.

Old
05-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
They are well run (hence my "very good GM" comment above) and have had a lot of success since the Hunters took over the franchise. That is indisputable.

I have a problem with the goldfish memories of a lot of London fans (much like Pittsburgh fans) who will swear the team has always been good - those "fans" are the ones who crow the loudest. I have the utmost respect for the people who stuck with the team when they sucked, and enjoy the hell out of the team this last 8 or 9 years - and so they should.

I also have an issue with being awarded the Memorial Cup so soon after last hosting it, but that's another whole discussion. They'll do a good job, and Branch will pee his pants in anticipation of blubbering about how every franchise should conduct themselves as London does.

There are franchises who definitely need a kick in the pants (Kingston frustrates the hell out of me - fantastic city, great venue, but **** ownership and management) but I personally thank God there is only one London in the OHL.
Great points. I don't know much about the London fans thing, but yes, if they are like Pens fans, that is horrible.

Old
05-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Jumping

If the Flyers sign this Austrian, Raffl, does his nick name become "50-50"?

Closed Thread