HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 - Canada Roster Discussion (Part V)

Closed Thread

Old
05-27-2013, 04:48 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

vCash: 500
No love for Jumbo Joe?

Old
05-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Leidi J

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
No love for Jumbo Joe?
Is there ever any love for Joe on these boards?

What else is new lol.

Old
05-27-2013, 04:56 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigPAVELSKI View Post
Is there ever any love for Joe on these boards?

What else is new lol.
Of course fans of other nation's teams would want us to take Joe as one our centres. Who should be removed? Crosby, Stamkos, Giroux, Tavares, Toews, Getzlaf, E. Staal or Bergeron?

Old
05-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Crabby Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonsofPuppies View Post
Of course fans of other nation's teams would want us to take Joe as one our centres. Who should be removed? Crosby, Stamkos, Giroux, Tavares, Toews, Getzlaf, E. Staal or Bergeron?
Too bad we couldn't just take tons of puppies to play in the Olympics. Imagine the ratings.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:00 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Williams View Post
Too bad we couldn't just take tons of puppies to play in the Olympics. Imagine the ratings.
I like my odds at being a productive player on the larger ice than Joe Thornton and I can't even skate.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Leidi J

Quote:
I'm actually not saying he should be on the team. Just pointing out he gets no respect on this site as is obvious from your BS comments like the one above this.

Last edited by Leidi J: 05-27-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old
05-27-2013, 05:02 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 View Post
Letang is much more effective offensively: He got twice as many points as Subban in 7 less games.

Yeah, the guy who is first in powerplay points in the playoffs and was tenth in the regular season is clearly terrible on the powerplay.
Playing with Crosby, Malkin, Neal, etc..does wonders doesn't it?

And how did letang have twice as many points? LOL.

Letang: 38 points in 35 games
Subban: 38 points in 42 games

No disrespect to Letang, but Subban is more effective on the PP and I'd argue as effective considering the teams around them. He's also better defensively.

I still have Letang as the 7th D but I don't see how anyone can say Letang is definitely ahead of PK.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:06 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
I'm actually not saying he should be on the team. Just pointing out he gets no respect on this site as is obvious from your BS comments like the one above this.
Haha, don't be so sensitive. I don't mind Thornton as a player, but people saying he should be on this team are out to lunch. If this was on NHL sized ice, he'd get stronger consideration. He's a good player, but his speed is horrible and he'll be far less useful on the larger ice surface. We have better offensive centres, who are younger and faster (Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Giroux) and better defensive centres as well (Toews, Bergeron). There's simply no room for him.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:10 PM
Leidi J

Quote:
Haha, don't be so sensitive. I don't mind Thornton as a player, but people saying he should be on this team are out to lunch. If this was on NHL sized ice, he'd get stronger consideration. He's a good player, but his speed is horrible and he'll be far less useful on the larger ice surface. We have better offensive centres, who are younger and faster (Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Giroux) and better defensive centres as well (Toews, Bergeron). There's simply no room for him.
He played on International ice during this year's lockout and HEY WHAT DO YOU KNOW, he was just as good there as he is here.

Thornton with Davos during the lockout: 33 Games, 12 goals, 24 assists, 36 points, +6

Again, I don't necessarily think he'll be on the olympic team. Agreed that there is a new generation of young guys with outstanding skills for this team. But your comments are just asinine and uninformed. I don't know why anyone would take your opinion seriously.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:11 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Playing with Crosby, Malkin, Neal, etc..does wonders doesn't it?

And how did letang have twice as many points? LOL.

Letang: 38 points in 35 games
Subban: 38 points in 42 games

No disrespect to Letang, but Subban is more effective on the PP and I'd argue as effective considering the teams around them. He's also better defensively.

I still have Letang as the 7th D but I don't see how anyone can say Letang is definitely ahead of PK.
I think he meant twice as many PP points, but I'm not sure.

Subban has a better shot, is a slightly better skater, a bit better defensively and is more physical, though it should be noted that he's prone to the same boneheaded breakdowns as Letang, usually because he fails at delivering a big hit and takes himself out of position. He's also a bit of a hot head and might get into penalty trouble. Letang has better vision, better passing and a better offensive hockey IQ. Both are elite offensive defensemen. Take both.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:15 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
He played on International ice during this year's lockout and HEY WHAT DO YOU KNOW, he was just as good there as he is here.

Thornton with Davos during the lockout: 33 Games, 12 goals, 24 assists, 36 points, +6

Again, I don't necessarily think he'll be on the olympic team. Agreed that there is a new generation of young guys with outstanding skills for this team. But your comments are just asinine and uninformed. I don't know why anyone would take your opinion seriously.

There's a big difference between playing in the Swiss league (below the NHL in terms of talent) and playing in the Olympics (playing with all of the world's elite players). Thornton was given plenty of opportunity at the last Olympics (playing with players who he has chemistry with in San Jose) and finished with 1 G and 1 A in 2 games. Keep whining though.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:19 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Scratch that typo, 1G and 1A in 7 games. He was a passenger in the last Olympics and you can tell me if he's improved his game or not over the last 4 years.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Leidi J

Quote:

There's a big difference between playing in the Swiss league (below the NHL in terms of talent) and playing in the Olympics (playing with all of the world's elite players). Thornton was given plenty of opportunity at the last Olympics (playing with players who he has chemistry with in San Jose) and finished with 1 G and 1 A in 2 games. Keep whining though.
I'm not whining. I don't give a crap if Thornton is on the team and I actually don't think he should be. I'd rather see a young guy like Couture make it. But your crappy know it all attitude and disrespect for other people's opinions on here, not to mention your condescending tone are ********. My problem is with you, not your opinion which you are more than welcome to have and express since that's what this thread is for. OPINIONS. Not for you to come and tell people they're flat out wrong and **** on their ideas.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:40 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
I'm not whining. I don't give a crap if Thornton is on the team and I actually don't think he should be. I'd rather see a young guy like Couture make it. But your crappy know it all attitude and disrespect for other people's opinions on here, not to mention your condescending tone are ********. My problem is with you, not your opinion which you are more than welcome to have and express since that's what this thread is for. OPINIONS. Not for you to come and tell people they're flat out wrong and **** on their ideas.
You're just upset that your player doesn't get "respect". If it is all opinion based, then why do you care what other people (like myself) say? Why are you writing paragraphs to vent your frustrations? Brush it off and move on. Christ. If this was anyone but Joe Thornton, you wouldn't give a damn if he didn't get "respect" from posters. Quit being such a homer.

Old
05-27-2013, 07:07 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:

Aren't you American. Of course you want Thornton on team Canada they guy is on his last leg so is iginla and anyone else over 35.

Anyway he and iginla should be nowhere near this team and if they are it is because team Canada does not want to win this tournament on non northamerican soil. I believe this is set in stone, that a European country will win the gold this time around.

Old
05-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Leidi J

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
Aren't you American. Of course you want Thornton on team Canada they guy is on his last leg so is iginla and anyone else over 35.

Anyway he and iginla should be nowhere near this team and if they are it is because team Canada does not want to win this tournament on non northamerican soil. I believe this is set in stone, that a European country will win the gold this time around.
Did you even read any of my posts? I said I didn't think he should be on the team. And how do you know what my nationality is? Based on where i'm currently living? Nice assumption.

I was only calling out the poster on their blatant idiocy, rudeness and disrespect of the player AND other posters on here by disregarding their opinions just because they don't agree. It's people like that that turn discussions into arguments because they think their opinions are fact.

Some of you people lack some serious reading comprehension skills.

Old
05-27-2013, 07:22 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
Did you even read any of my posts? I said I didn't think he should be on the team. And how do you know what my nationality is? Based on where i'm currently living? Nice assumption.

I was only calling out the poster on their blatant idiocy, rudeness and disrespect of the player AND other posters on here by disregarding their opinions just because they don't agree. It's people like that that turn discussions into arguments because they think their opinions are fact.

Is he wrong though? Are you not American? Serious question.

Old
05-27-2013, 07:27 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:

Lets see, you in love with pavelski (an American) you are in Michigan - you're right I'm sorry , you are from lichtenstein, my apologies how could I think otherwise.

No, you don't think he will be on the team but you bring it up because what??????
Why would you bring this up if you don't think he will be on the team?

I don't think Thornton will be on the team and that's why I never brought it up.

Old
05-27-2013, 07:49 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Since he's a Sharks fan, lets put it this way. Joe Thornton belongs on Team Canada as much as Scott Gomez belongs on Team USA.

Old
05-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Parise9Crosby87

theres going be alot of good players who wont make it

Old
05-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Parise9Crosby87

canada fowards are too good

Old
05-27-2013, 08:18 PM
True Hockey Fan

Quote:
Since he's a Sharks fan, lets put it this way. Joe Thornton belongs on Team Canada as much as Scott Gomez belongs on Team USA.
Haha, you can't be serious

Old
05-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Leidi J

Quote:
Lets see, you in love with pavelski (an American) you are in Michigan - you're right I'm sorry , you are from lichtenstein, my apologies how could I think otherwise.

No, you don't think he will be on the team but you bring it up because what??????

I don't think Thornton will be on the team and that's why I never brought it up.
I didn't bring it up. The post at the top of this page did. I replied to that post. Again with those awesome reading skills.

Quote:
And more assumptions. I'm not a he. You are both just making yourselves look like even bigger *****.

If you disagreed, that's fine. (And actually we don't disagree, so this is all really stupid). All I'm saying is you don't have to be a dick about it and disparage players with exaggerations in order to emphasize the qualifications of someone else. It's so prevalent on these boards and I'm tired of it.

Last edited by Leidi J: 05-27-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old
05-27-2013, 08:22 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
I didn't bring it up. The post at the top of this page did. I replied to that post. Again with those awesome reading skills.

And more assumptions. I'm not a he.
Do you speak Spanish ?

Old
05-27-2013, 08:23 PM
True Hockey Fan

Quote:

I'm a little bit surprised. You wanna big bodies like Lucic and you don't wanna Thornton ?

Let's set the age limit - under 30

Closed Thread