HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2013 NHL Draft Guides (ISS, McKeen's, RLR, The Hockey News, FC, Hockey Prospect)

Old
05-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Edwards View Post
Things are progressing well but I don't think we will hit our internal May 15th target date. I will continue to update in this thread with release news.

My best guess would be a few days after the 15th. I hate giving dates because it's difficult to project, it's a large project to put together in a short time. We are doing are best and while we want the books released, we don't want to rush them t the expense of quality either.

The NHL Draft Guide will be released a few days later than the Black Book. Photos are the major reason for it taking slightly longer.

Coupon code will be posted in this thread.

Thanks to everyone for the interest and kind words.
Any idea when the print versions hit amazon (particularly the Canadian site)? If I recall correctly, last year, the American site had the guides in stock weeks before the Canadian one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov View Post
I've really liked McKeen's in the past but I am really bummed they dropped their print version. I might go HP this year so I can get a print. Printing the pdf on 8 1/2 by 11 and then putting it in a folder just isn't the same.

what's this I hear about a coupon code
It appears the coupon code will be for PDF versions only.

05-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Mark Edwards
First Round Scouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Any idea when the print versions hit amazon (particularly the Canadian site)? If I recall correctly, last year, the American site had the guides in stock weeks before the Canadian one.

It's out of our hands as far as amazon and amazon.ca go. We submit the book and wait. 2 years ago it was quick, last year it was a mess for the .ca

I looked into other options this year for print, non were viable for us keeping the pricing reasonable.

It appears the coupon code will be for PDF versions only.
Amazon takes enough $ from us lol - No coupon for print. Sorry.

Mark Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Canadian

Quote:
The 2012 NHL Draft Guide has never appeared on Amazon.ca.

Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 07:47 AM
mckeenshockey

Check out our first mock draft on rotoworld in a column by Gus Katsaros and the mock draft prepared by David Burstyn. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nh...-mock-draft-10

mckeenshockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:48 AM
ikelechien

Quote:
Not saying I particularly agree or disagree with them, but a few surprises for me with the THN draft preview were:

Robert Hagg at 12
Adam Erne at 13
Mirco Mueller at 18
Hunter Shinkaruk at 23

Official street date is April 29th, but it may start hitting store shelves at least in Ontario any day now.
I needed a new pair of running shoes the other day so I bought a copy of the 2013 Hockey News Draft Preview when I was in the mall. I am pleased to report that I was very happy with my copy. You can usually tell the quality of a product such as this very quickly by seeing if the hidden gems/late developers were all there and sure enough, most were:
• Matt Buckles
• Mitchell Wheaton
• Niklas Hansson
• Jeremy Gregoire
• Brendan Harms
• Gage Ausmus

Sure there were a few surprises or anomalies as previously posters have pointed out:
• Ristolainen – late first
• Shinkaruk – late first
• Gauthier – End of first
• Four sure-fire 1st or 2nd rounders in a row in the 3rd round
However, most lists, including mine, are likely to have them. And I am sure most of these anomalies would be erased or reduced if the writers had the hindsight of seeing the U18 World Championship (which they didn’t).

So hats off to Grant McCagg for doing the list and Ryan Kennedy and Ken Campbell for doing the write-ups. Good job!!!

ikelechien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Bankerguy

vCash: 633
Is there a website that lists the top 30 or 60 prospects and have like little 1 paragraph write ups about the player?

I'm not looking for a 2 page analysis of the player like you get from the pay websites, just a summery?

Thanks....

Bankerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankerguy View Post
Is there a website that lists the top 30 or 60 prospects and have like little 1 paragraph write ups about the player?

I'm not looking for a 2 page analysis of the player like you get from the pay websites, just a summery?

Thanks....
If you want short summaries on 60 of the top prospects, rather than full scouting reports, I'd recommend picking up the THN Draft Preview at your local convenience store. It's only $5, and seems to be what you're looking for.

As for sites, I'm honestly not sure. Someone may be able to point you in the right direction.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 05:05 AM
grits207

Quote:

Thanks....
Bob McKenzie's annual draft rankings on TSN.ca are the closest to what you are looking for. However, his final rankings probably won't be released until just a few days before the draft. Here's his mid-season rankings from January http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9840

grits207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 09:12 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

Thanks....
The Scouting Report is probably your best bet. Their rankings haven't been updated since March (not sure when the new ones come out) but it'll give you a good overview of most of the players in the conversation for the top 60. There's a link here that'll direct you to their PDF:

http://www.thescoutingreport.org/201...-march-top-60/

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 06:58 PM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

Future Considerations also has profiles on the site for free for the majority of 2013's names available to peruse.

Future Considerations profiles by name

DanStewartFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:33 AM
SuperUnknown

Can't wait for a guide to come out. Eager for the upcoming draft.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Mark Edwards
First Round Scouting

Here is a little bit of an update...

We are working long hours to complete the books, we are not quite done yet. The books are a large project. We are getting close.

Here are few details on the NHL Draft Black Book More information on the NHL Draft Guide will be coming soon.

We offer a coupon to HF Boards members which offers 15% on our PDF version of our NHL Draft Black Book.

USE THE COUPON CODE: HFBLACKBOOKDIGITAL

NHL Draft Black Book

2013 NHL Draft
  • Includes over 340 prospect profiles on players eligible for the 2013 NHL Draft
  • Includes over 350 game reports which focus on but our not limited to 2013 NHL Draft prospects. We even update a few drafted players in some reports.
  • Reports include profiles on players from OHL,WHL,QMJHL,USHL,Europe, Prep,EJHL,OJHL and the BCHL.
  • Top 210 prospect rankings. All 7 rounds are ranked.
2014 NHL Draft
  • Includes over 135 prospect profiles on players eligible for the 2014 NHL Draft
  • 2014 players are included in the 350 plus game reports included in the book.
  • Top 30 prospect rankings.
2015 NHL Draft
  • Includes over 75 prospect profiles on players eligble for the 2015 NHL Draft
  • Some 2015's are included in our 350 plus game reports included in the book.
2016 NHL Draft
  • Includes 12 prospect profiles on players eligble for the 2016 NHL Draft
More info soon, we are working as fast as we can. I don't want to rush it out the door. There is a ton of info to put together.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:38 PM
bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Edwards View Post
Here is a little bit of an update...

We are working long hours to complete the books, we are not quite done yet. The books are a large project. We are getting close.

Here are few details on the NHL Draft Black Book More information on the NHL Draft Guide will be coming soon.

We offer a coupon to HF Boards members which offers 15% on our PDF version of our NHL Draft Black Book.

USE THE COUPON CODE: HFBLACKBOOKDIGITAL

NHL Draft Black Book

2013 NHL Draft
  • Includes over 340 prospect profiles on players eligible for the 2013 NHL Draft
  • Includes over 350 game reports which focus on but our not limited to 2013 NHL Draft prospects. We even update a few drafted players in some reports.
  • Reports include profiles on players from OHL,WHL,QMJHL,USHL,Europe, Prep,EJHL,OJHL and the BCHL.
  • Top 210 prospect rankings. All 7 rounds are ranked.
2014 NHL Draft
  • Includes over 135 prospect profiles on players eligible for the 2014 NHL Draft
  • 2014 players are included in the 350 plus game reports included in the book.
  • Top 30 prospect rankings.
2015 NHL Draft
  • Includes over 75 prospect profiles on players eligble for the 2015 NHL Draft
  • Some 2015's are included in our 350 plus game reports included in the book.
2016 NHL Draft
  • Includes 12 prospect profiles on players eligble for the 2016 NHL Draft
More info soon, we are working as fast as we can. I don't want to rush it out the door. There is a ton of info to put together.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Looking forward to it once it's complete!

bluetooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:26 AM
mckeenshockey

I wanted to let you know that McKeen’s 2013 NHL Draft Guide will be publishing soon after the end of the Memorial Cup. We had initially planned for May 22nd, however, given the unusual number of top draft prospects competing in this year's tournament we
decided to hold off. It is a very deep draft this year and we are being
thorough. We appreciate your patience and will continue to provide updates.

We will be publishing the final top 120 rankings and scouting profiles for
the top 30 on Friday, May 24th at www.mckeenshockey.com. Purchasers of the 2013 Draft Guide receive a free one month online subscription. We will post some final scouting profiles open to the public if you want an example of our scouting reports. Our most recent article contains Nathan MacKinnon’s profile.

A reminder our Guide will include:

Top 120 prospects eligible for the 2013 NHL Draft
Honourable mentions and sleepers
Top 30 prospects eligible for the 2014 NHL Draft
Top 10 prospects eligible for the 2015 NHL Draft
Top 4 prospects eligible for the 2016 NHL Draft

Old
05-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckeenshockey View Post
I wanted to let you know that McKeen’s 2013 NHL Draft Guide will be publishing soon after the end of the Memorial Cup. We had initially planned for May 22nd, however, given the unusual number of top draft prospects competing in this year's tournament we
decided to hold off. It is a very deep draft this year and we are being
thorough. We appreciate your patience and will continue to provide updates.

We will be publishing the final top 120 rankings and scouting profiles for
the top 30 on Friday, May 24th at www.mckeenshockey.com. Purchasers of the 2013 Draft Guide receive a free one month online subscription. We will post some final scouting profiles open to the public if you want an example of our scouting reports. Our most recent article contains Nathan MacKinnon’s profile.

A reminder our Guide will include:

Top 120 prospects eligible for the 2013 NHL Draft
Honourable mentions and sleepers
Top 30 prospects eligible for the 2014 NHL Draft
Top 10 prospects eligible for the 2015 NHL Draft
Top 4 prospects eligible for the 2016 NHL Draft
Excellent! Keep up the great work!

Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
For those inquiring about Future Considerations' release date, we also are waiting for the end of the Memorial Cup, as well as the end of the second round of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs, allowing us to include a much more comprehensive two round mock draft.

We appreciate the patience. We certainly know you won't be disappointed!

To pre-order and receive it the second its released, visit here: http://futureconsiderations.ca/2013-...e-sale-on-now/

In the meantime, we've updated our Player Profiler to include our top-70 ranked players in our draft guide and have over 100 prospects in all. Check them out here: http://futureconsiderations.ca/player-profiler/

Old
05-26-2013, 08:44 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

I went with McKeen's this year...for a change of pace..

RAZZIE King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 02:43 AM
RyanHPscout
HFBoards Sponsor

Just an update as I haven’t posted in a little bit. We are working away trying to finish up the draft books. It’s more work this year so we are slightly behind where we wanted to be. However we are getting close and will make sure it is worth the wait.

Last year we introduced the NHL Draft Black Book and it was a big success. We are also listening to feedback from the 2012 NHL Draft Guide thread to improve our products. My favorite change, and one that was suggested most for this year is the prospects are now sorted in alphabetical order to make them easier to find and are divided by draft years. Due to our presence in covering groups younger than the NHL Eligibles we were even able to include some 2016 prospects to go along with the 2013, 2014 and 2015 prospects. In total we include scouting reports on over 550 prospects.

The popular game reports are back. Last year we included over 100 reports. This year we include approximately 400 game reports! The game reports include write-ups on prospects for multiple draft years including some who have already been drafted by NHL teams and how they performed in game action.

It’s been a great season and a lot of traveling. Myself and Mark were at the Rochester USA Select 17 camp, followed by Team Canada’s Ivan Hlinka tryouts. From there we had 3 scouts (including myself) at the Four Nations Cup in Ann Arbor, MI. We had 5 scouts in attendance (including myself) at the World U17 Championships in Victoriaville & Drummondville, plus one of our scouts covered the Five Nations in Sweden and finally our Director of Scouting Mark Edwards made the trip to the IIHF U18 Championships in Sochi, Russia.

We wanted to make sure we traveled all over the continent and the globe to make sure we could give you the most accurate and informative scouting reports you'll find. It has been a busy, tiring but fun year. We have a strong passion for what we do, and I think that's something you'll notice when you read our reports.

I mentioned the 2012 NHL Draft Guide thread here on HF boards earlier on in this post. While you wait, I would encourage you to flip through it. I think it would be a great read for those who are unsure which product they would like to buy or just want to know more about the products and the scouting services who provide those products. It includes the reviews that were part of the basis of our improvements for this year’s products and overall were reviews which we were very proud of.

Here is the link: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1080991

Last edited by RyanHPscout: 05-27-2013 at 03:07 AM.
RyanHPscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 11:34 AM
PETRYDISH

vCash: 50
Can't wait for McKeens, I assume it will be ready any day now.

PETRYDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 02:19 PM
mckeenshockey

Hi,

We are pleased to announce our top 60 rankings complete with final scouting profiles are posted on our website www.mckeenshockey.com. All purchasers of the Draft Guide receive a free one month subscription online and can start readng the profiles immediately.

The final draft guide should be published by the weekend. In the meantime dive into a very deep top 60. We are proud of the profiles we have published and hope you like them.

Old
05-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Chevs

Question

Is Mckeen and Future consideration could get out before the weekend? The draft begins for me this weekend and it's always good to compare our lists.

Chevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 09:41 PM
PETRYDISH

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevs View Post
Is Mckeen and Future consideration could get out before the weekend? The draft begins for me this weekend and it's always good to compare our lists.
Mckeens draft guide looks like it will be out on the 30th before the weekend. Their site however seems to be a bit glitchy, for me at least. Not sure if anyone else is having problems signing in today.

PETRYDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
We're shooting for before the end of the week. Production has it and they're both excellent and efficient so I would likely target Friday as or unofficial release date.

Aaron Vickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 02:15 AM
Mark Edwards
First Round Scouting

Just a quick update, as I take a short break from the books. We are close. I'll keep updating on twitter.

Just thought I would post a sample from last year's NHL Black Book. As many of you know, we posted over 100 profiles on 2013 prospects in our 2012 book. Here is a profile written just over one year ago...

Valentin Zykov – LF – CSKA MoskovaJ20, 6’0” 174
In terms of his NHL projection, Zykov could be one of the more under-rated players for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. While Valentin is not a dominant offensive player, he is simply mean. He finishes checks whenever possible and loves taking the body. He is the kind of player who will see a big hit coming and make the play, one that is best for the team, rather than throw the puck away. He seems to love physical contact and while this is a big part of his game, he’s fairly shifty and can work around
defenders, if he’s given an opening. He is very patient with the puck and does not rush or force plays.

While he has not posted much in terms of points yet, it is definitely an area of his game that shows potential and could develop. Valentin will need to work on his skating ability. While he has the physical element and makes limited mistakes, skating will be the key and he simply needs to get better. If he does, he’s a name you may hear a little earlier than expected at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:11 AM
mckeenshockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETRYDISH View Post
Mckeens draft guide looks like it will be out on the 30th before the weekend. Their site however seems to be a bit glitchy, for me at least. Not sure if anyone else is having problems signing in today.
Hi,

Please e-mail us at info@mckeenshockey.com if you are having difficulties on the site. I am not aware of any issues and it should be working fine. It is helpful if we can discuss the specifics.

We have posted our top 60 ranking along with final profiles on the site. We are working towards finishing by the weekend and will keep you informed.

Thanks.