Notices

My Final Top 50 OHL Players for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft

Old
05-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Brock
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
My Final Top 50 OHL Players for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft

The race to the draft is on. We're about a month away from the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, so that means it's time for me to release my rankings.

The top 50 will be released in four parts: Part 1 - Honorable Mentions, Part 2 - Prospects 50-31, Part 3 - Prospects 30-11, and Part 4 - Prospects 10-1.

Just for clarification, for my top 50 ranking, I haven't included any players eligible for draft re-entry, such as Eric Locke or Cameron Brace. This has been consistent all the way through my lists. Instead, I did a list of the top 10 draft re-entries, which can be found here.

Also for clarification, this list is MY list of the top 50 OHL prospects, as if I were drafting for my own team. In other words, this isn't a list of where I THINK or believe players will go, but a ranking of my own opinion on the top players eligible for this draft based on my viewings this season. If you want a draft projection and information about players outside the OHL, be sure to order the Future Considerations and/or McKeen's Draft Guides.

This first part includes the Honorable Mentions of my list. These are the players who received consideration for my top 50, but who fell just short. There are 13 in total.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...-for-2013.html

I'll be releasing the subsequent parts over the next week or so.

Feel free to ask any questions, leave any comments. I'll try to answer everything.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Brock
HFB Partner

Part 2: 50 through 31.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...2013_7198.html

Old
05-26-2013, 06:33 AM
Brock
HFB Partner

Part 3: 30 through 11.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...r-2013_26.html

Old
05-26-2013, 09:08 PM
ottsabrefan

Thanks Brock! I enjoyed reading it!

ottsabrefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Brock
HFB Partner

The finale. Here is my Top 10.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...r-2013_27.html

Old
05-27-2013, 08:14 PM
bidzey*

vCash: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I know this Ceci comment is a bit off the draft rating, but since you brought it up in your article... I think OS' powerplay sucked.. period! with or without Ceci. But that was partly the coaches fault for using 3 Ds on the power play lines ever since Ceci got there, playing him the full 2 minutes every single powerplay that was handed to OS for the rest of the year.

Speaking of Ceci I think he's way overrated. Yes I seen his numbers, his defensive defense game leaves for questions at the next level. Mind you when you have the luxury off getting all kinds of ice time and people give you the puck all the time because of your killer shot... (which he almost never used in the playoffs), you will have better numbers. I think he's just another Brian McCabe at best. Bad trade for OS, I'll take Middleton back any day.

Nice write up on Nasty... I couldn't agree more with you.

Last edited by bidzey*: 05-27-2013 at 08:27 PM.
bidzey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 06:19 AM
Sonny Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
This first part includes the Honorable Mentions of my list. These are the players who received consideration for my top 50, but who fell just short. There are 13 in total.
I think this list is pretty funny considering that the players that you mention either were injured, didn't have a good season last year and fell off this year or the other way around and or just didn't do as well as they were projected.

You fail to mention Saginaw Spirits Lopez who had a good run last season and was also listed on the preliminary Central Scouting watch list. Just saying.

Last edited by Sonny Crockett: 05-28-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Sonny Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 06:42 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Crockett View Post
I think this list is pretty funny considering that the players that you mention either were injured, didn't have a good season last year and fell off this year or the other way around and or just didn't do as well as they were projected.

You fail to mention Saginaw Spirits Lopez who had a good run last season and was also listed on the preliminary Central Scouting watch list. Just saying.
Lopez? Really? Alexeev deserves more of an honorable mention than Lopez does (not that either deserve one).

Kingpin794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Brock
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Crockett View Post
Well yeah, technically you're correct. But...that's why they're Honorable Mentions, and not guys on the list.

Old
05-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Sonny Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
Lopez? Really? Alexeev deserves more of an honorable mention than Lopez does (not that either deserve one).
Out of respect for Brock and his contribution, hard work and dilligence I am not going to taint his thread arguing with you.

Sonny Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 12:40 PM
OHLTG

I love Rychel's offensive ability, but his defensive lapses and general appearance of "I don't feel like it" could put him down closer into the 20s as far as position goes. I'd love a guy on my team who could score 40 with the right set-up guy, no question, but there were a lot of times this year where numerous fans sat there and got on his case for a lack of effort or willingness to admit the rink was more than 90-feet long.

OHLTG is offline   Reply With Quote