HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Breakup day updates

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2013, 09:15 AM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
I think it's a little disingenuous to absolve Nash of blame and place the burden on other players when we had plenty of unlikely heroes rise to the occasion in the playoffs: Boyle, Brassard, Asham, Pyatt, etc.

I thought some of the secondary scorers were more consistent and outplayed our primary scorers. Both Nash and Callahan stood out to me as forwards who will need to improve their postseason play if the Rangers want to advance beyond the second round.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I think it's a little disingenuous to absolve Nash of blame and place the burden on other players when we had plenty of unlikely heroes rise to the occasion in the playoffs: Boyle, Brassard, Asham, Pyatt, etc.

I thought some of the secondary scorers were more consistent and outplayed our primary scorers. Both Nash and Callahan stood out to me as forwards who will need to improve their postseason play if the Rangers want to advance beyond the second round.
I don't think anyone is free of blame but everyone played on about the same level minus a few who were better and Hamrlik.

Old
05-28-2013, 10:24 AM
nevesis

Rick Nash needs to lose some weight this offseason. He better come into camp healthy, and in ridiculous shape.

Oh, and go to a ****ing NYC salon and stop looking like a goddamned sasquatch.

Old
05-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Rick Nash needs to lose some weight this offseason. He better come into camp healthy, and in ridiculous shape.

Oh, and go to a ****ing NYC salon and stop looking like a goddamned sasquatch.
Wat?

He's looked like that his whole career minus the hair and beard. I don't think it is for a lack of being in shape.

05-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

The Rangers shut down the Bruins top 2 lines as well.... We were beaten by the third and fourth lines, not saying one would've hoped for more production from our top lines, but in the playoffs this season it seems almost eveyone's top lines were put on lockdown. That is unless you're stacked like the Pens...

Old
05-28-2013, 10:36 AM
KingStian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I would be ok with Richards coming back. This is not Drury. Drury's career derailed instantly because of the type of game he played. Richards has a high offensive IQ. He made mistakes. His game was off. I could live with one more year for him to get it together.
Richards isn't a case of just next years play. He is getting old, and are still on the books for six years or so. That is a hell of a long time to pay someone with the contract he has. Even worse if he retires before then. It's a crap contract for the team no matter what. Richards isn't going to be the old Richards who deserved that kind of money no matter what for the years to come.

Old
05-28-2013, 10:46 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Wat?

He's looked like that his whole career minus the hair and beard. I don't think it is for a lack of being in shape.
He was much more trim a few years ago, he gained weight over the years, and especially this season in New York. I know he's a big guy to begin with, but him losing some weight will only help him be faster.

Go watch videos and photos from a few years ago, you will see a big difference. If he spends his summer dropping some weight and working out hard, he will be so much more deadly.

This is what I am referring too. If he can get back to this. He will be much more effective.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
He was much more trim a few years ago, he gained weight over the years, and especially this season in New York. I know he's a big guy to begin with, but him losing some weight will only help him be faster.

Go watch videos and photos from a few years ago, you will see a big difference. If he spends his summer dropping some weight and working out hard, he will be so much more deadly.

This is what I am referring too. If he can get back to this. He will be much more effective.

He does need to trim up. I think the shortened season, and the minor injury he suffered playing overseas probably affected him some but no professional athlete should have an excuse regarding their conditioning.

If Nash can trim some fat this offseason, his first few steps will be that much more explosive and allow him to pull off some of the moves he tries to do when rushing up the ice.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:16 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Richards contract is a cap monster. Seven more years. Cap recapture. Bring him back for what? Even if was playing well,you amnsety the contract. Even his 11-12 level is underperforming the contract. Craig Custance wrote an article on Richards last week. He quoted an unknown source about Richards being a niche or role player at this point. He was no longer a front line player.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:57 AM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
nash definitely could stand to lose some weight. I actually think he gained during the lockout as he didn't look as big right after the trade.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Crease

Breakup Day has come and gone. If you would like to start a thread about Nash's weight or a poll about Richards, feel free to do so.

Closed Thread