HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffler View Post

Just a little
To be honest I thought you were being sarcastic .

Old
05-25-2013, 02:11 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Thats a good looking kid right there
You're so ****ing obsessed with yourself... Ew.

05-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
To be honest I thought you were being sarcastic .
To be honest I'm not even really sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
You're so ****ing obsessed with yourself... Ew.
We should rename the Habs section the Jeffler section

Old
05-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Gally11

edit posted wrong thread

Old
05-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
When was the Jeffler section even renamed to the Habs section in the first place?!

Old
05-26-2013, 03:48 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Luck plays a huge involvement in season results, to ignore it is to be ignorant. I agree with you mostly that the really good teams can limit the amount of bad luck by playing exceptionally well. This do not mean we should ignore it or try to over analyze other details. Doing so will lead to poor decisions and knee jerk reactions like trading top prospects for declining centers.

I like our team, I think we're on the cusps of being a legit team that competes year in and year out, the building must continue, but the pieces in place at the core of this team haven't looked this good for a couple of decades.

We need to improve our winger depth, toughness on the backend and toughness in the top 6. We now have a player who at his worst should be a 10-15 dman for years to come, a goalie who many think can be one of the top in the league, an emerging center with size in eller, top prospects like gally and b gally, borderline star winger in patches, a solid 2 way center in pleks ect ect.

The problem for me is the veterans we decided to augment these guys with, our best players are those that came through our own system. For too long we were willing to take whoever will come, spare parts, if you will. Emelin looks to be developing, Diaz as well. Intriguing d prospects approaching NHL readiness. The future looks bright, the key positions looked to be almost locked down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Problem I have with the constant luck argumentation is that it's always being brought up to explain our misfortune...but rarely brought up to explain our wins. Keep hearing how bad bounces are going against us...yet, the same bounces we end up having are either not talked about or put as "well it's about them we have those"....Makes no sense to me.

You say that not understanding luck might provoke knee jerk reactions....I'd say understanding luck too much might provoke too much staying put decisions....
Whitesnake, you are right in terms of people blame bad luck on all of our "early" exits from playoffs or whatever games in the regular season should have won, but I can't help but look back at certain years and feel like bad luck did come into play ('08 exit by PHI, '11 exit by BOS, etc.) but I also look back and realize that when the "hockey gods" aren't on your side, it's most likely because our team wasn't ready to go far, for whatever reasons (lack of depth, soft, etc).

We should be realistic about our team in general and not blame things or praise things on too many external factors that are out of our control per say.

Well said Whitesnake.

Quote:

Just a little
Quote:
To be honest I'm not even really sure

Jeffler, go follow the Marlies and let's not put any suggestions to rename our forum that having anything to do with you, a non-Montreal fan.

Old
05-26-2013, 10:52 AM
simplysincere*

Up until this point in his career, Price is extremely overrated. Not much more to say.

Old
05-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by icu View Post
Up until this point in his career, Price is extremely overrated. Not much more to say.
Bro wake up, it's the guys in front of him who suck

Old
05-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Bieber fever

Lol carey said again that he's not confortable with the pression in montreal.Kinda feel bad for him.

Old
05-27-2013, 11:08 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Lol carey said again that he's not confortable with the pression in montreal.Kinda feel bad for him.
Is there a new quote or link?

Old
05-28-2013, 01:06 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Quote:
If this is true (quote?), can anybody say, "I'm surprised"?

I kinda had a feeling it was a countdown until Price cracks under the "press"ure. Nevertheless, time to tell these Montreal journalistic nobody's (most of them) to calm the **** down and let the kid play. We won't be seeing Jonathan Quick-like play with this kind of **** happening year after year.

Old
05-28-2013, 01:52 AM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Is there a new quote or link?
Heard it on " Le match" today.It was in a charity even ( for authism I think ), but from my understanding he was respond to a question about the pressure in montreal.

Old
05-28-2013, 07:09 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Heard it on " Le match" today.It was in a charity even ( for authism I think ), but from my understanding he was respond to a question about the pressure in montreal.
Thing is...Carey adds that he doesn't understand why it's such a big deal for him to say this. This is probably what's more problematic. He has no idea that in Montreal everything is? And that a comment like this might be interpreted as a guy who doesn't like playing here? He's not dumb....so why would he not realize it?

He did say that again, and then add, to try to soften things up, that "he has to deal with that, that's this is Montreal and so on..." Which is like a guy who has NO CHOICE right now....

Old
05-28-2013, 07:19 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
If this is true (quote?), can anybody say, "I'm surprised"?

I kinda had a feeling it was a countdown until Price cracks under the "press"ure. Nevertheless, time to tell these Montreal journalistic nobody's (most of them) to calm the **** down and let the kid play. We won't be seeing Jonathan Quick-like play with this kind of **** happening year after year.

What is THE most important pressure for Price? What is being said on L'Antichambre? Does Price really watch that show or has people who report to him what's being said and if so...how about telling those people to shut up? Is Twitter the problem? If so...how about not having an account and tell his fans that all he wants to do from now on is concentrate on his job and improve and if not having to see and respond to his haters will make him better....Why the heck would we be opposed to that? Does every player has a Twitter account? Or is it the fans who most certainly see him in events and LOVE him and want to pose with him? When he goes to the theater, is he surrounded by people who shouts at him and call him names? Or just love him too much and want a picture? So is Price having trouble with people who love and hate him? If so, it will ALWAYS be like that. Do you really believe people, with Price comments, will stop going at him or stop twittering him?

Which then brings the point...if that's really a problem....we will need to make the appropriate changes so that it's not a problem anymore.

Old
05-28-2013, 07:37 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What is THE most important pressure for Price? What is being said on L'Antichambre? Does Price really watch that show or has people who report to him what's being said and if so...how about telling those people to shut up? Is Twitter the problem? If so...how about not having an account and tell his fans that all he wants to do from now on is concentrate on his job and improve and if not having to see and respond to his haters will make him better....Why the heck would we be opposed to that? Does every player has a Twitter account? Or is it the fans who most certainly see him in events and LOVE him and want to pose with him? When he goes to the theater, is he surrounded by people who shouts at him and call him names? Or just love him too much and want a picture? So is Price having trouble with people who love and hate him? If so, it will ALWAYS be like that. Do you really believe people, with Price comments, will stop going at him or stop twittering him?

Which then brings the point...if that's really a problem....we will need to make the appropriate changes so that it's not a problem anymore.
When I mentioned the whole "these journalists need to calm the **** down" sort of thing in my post, I wasn't talking about RDS; i was talking about everyone. The writers, the radio hosts, the guys who are in the locker room after every game and asking (sometimes him) the questions that can provoke this kind of reaction.

I feel like he's being a bit of a baby and can't handle it anymore, although that seems to be a stretch given he knows what it's like here. Time for him to man up and just play his game if he wants to shut them up. Deactivate twitter and whatever else he needs to unplug and focus on him and his game.

Old
05-28-2013, 08:50 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

The media is starting their campaign to get rid of him.

They are asking him the questions in a certain way to create answers that will cause a big fuss.

The way they ask him is "So don't you think it's hard to play under the pressure in Montreal? Lots of people find it hard, even Patrick Roy found it hard. So don't you find it hard too?"

waffledave
Old
05-28-2013, 09:23 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post

They are asking him the questions in a certain way to create answers that will cause a big fuss.

The way they ask him is "So don't you think it's hard to play under the pressure in Montreal? Lots of people find it hard, even Patrick Roy found it hard. So don't you find it hard too?"
LOL some top notch journalism by that person asking the question.

If i'm Price, this is my response:

"Well I think Montreal is almost no different than cities like Toronto, New York (Rangers), Detroit, Philadelphia). I think what maybe Montreal and Toronto sets themselves apart from the American cities like Detroit, New York is that the journalism tends to be over the top as many reporters like to create a buzz out of almost nothing. If journalists didn't constantly ask the same questions over and over, push my buttons and make me so bi-polar that I could hate this city after 1 game and love it after another, I'm sure it would be easier for me to focus on my game and improve my skills. It's a sideshow that no player, let alone a goalie wants or needs from the local media that follows said team and player."

Something along those lines would have been nice to just stick it to them.

Old
05-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post

Unless....you are smart enough to give the answers they don't want to have but give it to them anyway. And if you are not smart enough, there's a communication guy with the Habs that could go to him and prepare him for everything that will be coming towards him.

Of course, that's what journalists do. Just like when they keep asking Guy Lafleur's opinion on everything as if he knew everything which he obviously doesn't...but is just entertaining to listen to for some. That's what they want. A show. And if Price doesn't want to give it to them, he doesn't. But he just continuously do. Which at one point is either that he's really dumb, which I don't believe, or that he doesn't care, give HIS answers and whatever happen happens. But that's not how you'll stay here. You don't give the journalists anything. You want to create the best environment for yourself, you don't openly light a fire and "entertain" it...You won't change journalists...but you can change the way you answer them though.

Old
05-28-2013, 12:56 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Just a general question:

Can anyone think of 5 teams that would not trade their starting goaltender for Price (a 1 for 1 trade)?

Just curious...

Old
05-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Just a general question:

Can anyone think of 5 teams that would not trade their starting goaltender for Price (a 1 for 1 trade)?

Just curious...
Price is a risk and a costly one. He's not nearly as sought after as you think.

Old
05-28-2013, 01:55 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Price is a risk and a costly one. He's not nearly as sought after as you think.
ok

you didn't answer the question though

Old
05-28-2013, 02:09 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Just a general question:

Just curious...
NYR, Boston, Columbus, Los Angeles, Nashville just on top of my head, would not do this for performance-related reasons.

Then, you've got teams like Vancouver, Detroit, Anaheim, Phoenix, St. Louis, Ottawa, Carolina and Minnesota who would not do it based on fit and chemestry, and also based on cost and the fact it's not worth it to pull the trigger on such a trade for them for that little difference in performance.

That's 13 teams I wouldn't see being interested in trading their #1 goalie for Price, for many different reasons.

Old
05-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
ok

you didn't answer the question though
I didn't answer the question because it's a trap to extend this thread to part 6 or 7 by re-hashing the "top 5" debate. The OP will only be satisfied when everyone adopts his view of Price, and that ain't happening.

Old
05-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
But he never said that. He said that he's not sure why his past comment was such a big deal, as all he's saying is that you can't have a normal life when you are the goalie for the Montreal Canadiens. He gave the example of trying to go to the movies and barely being able to enter the theater because of the crowd that formed. He said it is what it is, it's not crushing him, but it just means he can't live a normal life.

I don't understand why we should be shocked by this?

Old
05-28-2013, 04:26 PM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
NYR, Boston, Columbus, Los Angeles, Nashville just on top of my head, would not do this for performance-related reasons.

Then, you've got teams like Vancouver, Detroit, Anaheim, Phoenix, St. Louis, Ottawa, Carolina and Minnesota who would not do it based on fit and chemistry, and also based on cost and the fact it's not worth it to pull the trigger on such a trade for them for that little difference in performance.

That's 13 teams I wouldn't see being interested in trading their #1 goalie for Price, for many different reasons.
We all agree that Price needs to perform better next year.
He will not be traded so let's forget this line of discussion.

Reponse on the question raised about value of Price would have been different in the past three years...

But you comment raised some thoughts as I was looking at SCap of goalies.

Boston have 58.3M in SCap with 17 players signed...
Savard will probably stay on LTIR so this gives them 4M.
Not a lot to replace Horton, Ference, Jagr, Khudobin.

Interesting to see how much Boston will pay Rask next season.
5M? 6M? (brings them at the Cap with 5 players to sign).
On their board, they don't even have a current thread about SCap...

Same with Bobrovsky...
He is RFA also.

Closed Thread