HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Predators Talk Part III

View Poll Results: Will we see any games for the 12-13 season?
Yes 12 32.43%
Nope 8 21.62%
Partial season 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2013, 06:59 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Franson has been very good for the Leafs this year. You can scrutinize his minutes, but we took a gamble trading him based on Blum's strong debut.

To date, it looks like we kept the wrong defenseman.
Franson would be a killer with Weber on the PP. And he's been a plus player most of his career. He is actually OK at even strength.

He's had his gaffes, but so have many many of our d-men. Klein had two atrocious playoffs for us where he was on the ice for an ungodly amount of goals against.

People always talk about his "protected minutes". He plays 19 minutes a game vs NHL players. The average 4th liner gets 10 minutes a game. Even if plays all of the 4th line minutes (which he doesn't) that stills leaves a good amount of time vs everyone else. There are much worse defensive zone players in the NHL.

Franson timely goals were a big reason we got past Anaheim. And they were a big reason Toronto was even in the series vs Boston.

I'd take him back in heartbeat.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:19 PM
maplepred

What is our all time record against the leafs?? I am having trouble
Finding an answer. Thanks.

Old
05-16-2013, 06:53 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
15th season of the Preds coming up. Yes 15 including the lockout. Fact the Preds are .563 all time winning percentage
I was wondering about the winning percentage. Preds record is 503-424-60-79 (W-L-T-OTL) so their winning percentage is .500. 503 wins and 503 losses and overtime losses.

Old
05-16-2013, 07:09 AM
glenngineer

So I'm sitting here barely paying attention to the US and Russian game at the worlds and out of the corner of my ear I hear the announcer say Smith with 5 assists today. Then they just said it again to confirm what I thought I heard. Maybe this gets him some confidence back. Love that rads and Ovie are both playing right now too.

Old
05-16-2013, 07:32 AM
braindead

5 PRIMARY assists and nearly had a 6th late in the game. Maybe the pred's should expand their ice to international size?

Old
05-16-2013, 07:44 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
5 PRIMARY assists and nearly had a 6th late in the game. Maybe the pred's should expand their ice to international size?
I certainly do hope that a strong performance at the worlds(which is what initially got poile to lure smith away from college early, btw) instills some confidence but the only thing we can say for sure is that he can dominate when playing against mostly non-nhl talent. This is basically like a four week sitint in Milwaukee for him.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:13 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
I was wondering about the winning percentage. Preds record is 503-424-60-79 (W-L-T-OTL) so their winning percentage is .500. 503 wins and 503 losses and overtime losses.
I went my hockey database's list they include shoot out wins/losses, ties and other assorted points

Old
05-16-2013, 09:16 AM
token grinder

by those numbers we have accumulated 53.7% of points available-1145 out of 2132. So above .500

Old
05-16-2013, 09:57 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I certainly do hope that a strong performance at the worlds(which is what initially got poile to lure smith away from college early, btw) instills some confidence but the only thing we can say for sure is that he can dominate when playing against mostly non-nhl talent. This is basically like a four week sitint in Milwaukee for him.
Mmmmmm.... I think you are selling the talent level a bit short. Russians had ovy, kovy and rads for instance and goaltending was bryz and varlamov. But I agree it isn't top quality. If these two teams were in the NHL, Florida would probably still be picking first but not by much.

Old
05-16-2013, 10:13 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Still scoring 5 points in a game like that is fantastic.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:22 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
by those numbers we have accumulated 53.7% of points available-1145 out of 2132. So above .500
I agree but it was stated as winning percentage.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:28 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
That's perfect, because a four week stint in Milwaukee is exactly what he needed this season to get himself on track.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:52 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
can anyone tell me what has actually happened to david freeman and his involvement with the team?

did the other owners buy him out and he's gone? or is he still the largest single shareholder but since he doesnt own 51% did all the other owners band together and say "we'll keep your money but you arent running things any more"

dont get me wrong, I REALLY like the way Cigarran is running the team now, but if I was Freeman I'd be pretty pissed (unless of course he realized he was in over his head and is happy to give up the reins)

also does anyone know the percentage of the team that each owner has? specifically how much of the team do Woo and Wilson each own?

Old
05-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
can anyone tell me what has actually happened to david freeman and his involvement with the team?

did the other owners buy him out and he's gone? or is he still the largest single shareholder but since he doesnt own 51% did all the other owners band together and say "we'll keep your money but you arent running things any more"

dont get me wrong, I REALLY like the way Cigarran is running the team now, but if I was Freeman I'd be pretty pissed (unless of course he realized he was in over his head and is happy to give up the reins)

also does anyone know the percentage of the team that each owner has? specifically how much of the team do Woo and Wilson each own?
Freeman is still there. Don't know what percentage everyone owns. If Freeman didn't put himself out there as he did when the Boots issue arose, we wouldn't be here today. Can't overlook that or thank him enough. I believe Freeman is still the majority shareholder, however is not the Chairman of the Board.

Woo had to sell his shares as part of the Boots bankruptcy hearing, however was allowed to buy back in and is a partner at a larger stake than he initially was in for.

Wilson is definitely in there, but no idea how much he owns. It's minimal in terms of he doesn't have anywhere close to the majority share, but it's something and I believe at some point he has upped his stake in the past two seasons.

Cigarran is the Chairman of the Board and allows Cogen and Henry to run the day to day operations of it all. Poile runs the hockey side. He's a good CEO, he empowers people to do their best and generally stays out of their way while always keeping an eye on things so they don't get too far away.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Nitrous Mafia

didn't freeman have to back off because of financial issues of his own?

Old
05-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
didn't freeman have to back off because of financial issues of his own?
Yes, Freeman stepped down as the Chairman of the Board during his financial struggles related to taken on Boots' share of the loans and guarantees himself after Boot's fraud was discovered. He is still a member of the ownership group however and I believe the majority shareholder.

A full listing of the owners -
http://predators.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=36978

Old
05-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Preds & Flyers after Austrian Winger Michael Raffl

Old
05-28-2013, 10:51 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Might be a good catch...

Quote:
His teammates this season included former Flyers defenseman Mattias Timander and forward Filip Forsberg, Washington’s 2012 No. 1 draft pick who was traded to Nashville this spring.

Old
05-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Might be a good catch...
hopefully ... what's 100,000 buyout amongst GM's

Old
05-28-2013, 01:36 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Might be a good catch...

I agree but this isn't promising:

Quote:
“We have all the papers,” Salo told Dalarnas Tidnigar. “He’s registered with us and he has no out clause to come out of his contract. He has a contract for one more year and if we don’t get don’t get compensated to break it, then we expect him to fulfill it.”

Old
05-28-2013, 01:49 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
I agree but this isn't promising:
Meh...if the cost is 100K, like the article suggests, it can be worked out.

Old
05-28-2013, 01:54 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Meh...if the cost is 100K, like the article suggests, it can be worked out.
ahh didnt read that far down. But yeah thats easily done.

Old
05-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1437355

Made a fairly unbiased attempt at a Brodin vs. Josi poll; I think it's an interesting comparison, particularly when you consider who they are each paired with now. You guys don't need to invade the poll votes as I'm not trying to sway it in Josi's favor by any means, but curious what everyone here thinks about it.

Old
05-29-2013, 02:05 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1437429

Do you guys think Suter is as good as Weber defensively?

Weber looked great defensively all year, his offense was slow to start but playing with Hannan made him more focused on defense.

Suter looked awful defensively until Brodin was paired with him.

Old
05-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Suter was a minute eater, but he made a lot of huge huge gaffes this season. He is not the number 2 defensive defensemen.