HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik Lundqvist; will he stay or go?

Old
05-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Aufheben
Global Moderator
#RollWithHayes

vCash: 69
I think people "feel bad" for Hank, within the context of hockey. Obviously I feel bad for people in the world that eat clay pastries (ok, "bad" is a vast understatement), and not at all for Henrik.

I get the impression from Hank that winning a Cup in NYC is more important to him than winning a Cup in general. Just my opinion, though.

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:01 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
Just asking for opinion, but hypothetically, wold you guys have Crosby at 10m or Hank at 10m?
Crosby AINEC

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Just asking for opinion, but hypothetically, wold you guys have Crosby at 10m or Hank at 10m?
Depends who'd we put in goal with Hank gone.

Jonimaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Crosby AINEC
I agree...but only a 100% healthy Crosby.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:04 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
I think people "feel bad" for Hank, within the context of hockey. Obviously I feel bad for people in the world that eat clay pastries (ok, "bad" is a vast understatement), and not at all for Henrik.

I get the impression from Hank that winning a Cup in NYC is more important to him than winning a Cup in general. Just my opinion, though.
Well "assuming" that the Brooks article is close to what his agent is thinking, then I can't really believe that winning a Cup in NYC is really important to him, given the new CBA. Just my .02.

Old
05-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Kershaw

Hank is worth 10m per IMO, but on a much shorter deal.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:07 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
That brings up another point haha, who's in goal POTENTIALLY after next season?
And I say I'd have to pick Crosby too, and yeah I agree, only if healthy. *knock on wood* Hank hasn't had any injuries during his career.

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
I'd make room for both..

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
We could pay him 10mil per, if we didn't have 6.6mil spent on a benched player, and our 7.8mil player actually played like a 7.8mil player. But it's irrelevant anyways, he's not going to ask for 10mil.

Old
05-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Yep.

If they don't have a legitimate starter, it would have to be Lundqvist. If they acquire a mid level starter, than it would be Crosby.

I can't blame Lundqvist if he does want to go elsewhere because I don't see us winning the Cup by the time he retires. I think he is beginning to sense that too. There were points this year where he looked more frustrated than he ever has been.

He saved Tortorella's job this season. He got us to the second round. But he needs more support to win it all. Our team just isn't good enough.

If we move him at the deadline next season if there is no extension in place, and we are a bubble team, we would basically be giving up on the season. And I don't think that will be an option for Dolan. The pure profit games are all in the playoffs. Dolan would be sacrificing Lundqvist, and his best shot at the playoffs, for a few trade pieces to miss $$$ in the post season.

Lundqvist also won't get a great return to warrant his loss and missing the playoffs. Look at what players like Kovalchuk and Hossa in their prime returned. GM's don't offer a big return on players signed for the next few months. It's not worth it. The Rangers would be moving Lundqvist, likely missing the playoffs, for some spare parts.

The Rangers would never get pieces like Hiller and Bobby Ryan for Lundqvist signed for 2 months...

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:17 PM
pld459666

Quote:
At 10 per?

Neither.

Pass on both at those numbers.

Having 1 player make up over 15% of your teams salary at 64.4 makes building a championship claibre team almost impossible.

ALMOST

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:19 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
We could pay him 10mil per, if we didn't have 6.6mil spent on a benched player, and our 7.8mil player actually played like a 7.8mil player. But it's irrelevant anyways, he's not going to ask for 10mil.
Hank would be a UFA after next season, so his new contract/extension would kick in for the 2014/15 season. As of today we have a total of 4 players under contract for the 14-15 season.

Richards - who will probably be an amnesty buyout this summer.
Nash
Dorsett
Staal

Old
05-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Sooth

Didn't see this one yet.

Sportsdaily.ru has a report that says Lundqvist is intrested in signing with Magnitogorsk.

Link to the original story, in russian.

Google translate.

Not sure what to make out of this. Probably means nothing.
I think there also were some reports few days ago claiming Datsuyk going to SKA Petersburg, which turned out to be false.

Sooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooth View Post
Didn't see this one yet.

Sportsdaily.ru has a report that says Lundqvist is intrested in signing with Magnitogorsk.

Google translate.

I think there also were some reports few days ago claiming Datsuyk going to SKA Petersburg, which turned out to be false.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (this goes on for a while)

Oh the crazy Russian news.

Old
05-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Didn't see this one yet.

Google translate.

That read more like Magnitogorsk is interested in Lundqvist, rather than the other way around. While it's definitely possible that Hank will leave the Rangers, he wants to win a Cup. The man ain't going to Russia

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Didn't see this one yet.

Google translate.

Tampering. Send us Tarasenko.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowes Line View Post
That read more like Magnitogorsk is interested in Lundqvist, rather than the other way around. While it's definitely possible that Hank will leave the Rangers, he wants to win a Cup. The man ain't going to Russia
I hear Magnitogorsk is lovely this time of year

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
I hear Magnitogorsk is lovely this time of year
Ah yes the trees are now beginning to thaw out.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:28 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Didn't see this one yet.

Google translate.

BS. He may not be playing in NY after 13-14, but it will be in the NHL. I'll take that article with a grain of salt.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:28 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Why should anyone on this team be paid more than Lundqvist? As long as he's making Nash money or even a cent less, he is giving us a discount.
Where did I say that he should be paid less than Nash?

Being paid slightly more than Nash is still market value or above, however. He already has had one contract above market value. If he cares more about winning the Cup, he will take a bit less than he would get on the market.

I don't view Hank as a Crosby-level talent. If Crosby is making 8.7M, Lundqvist should be making about 7.5 or so. I am willing to give the dude 8M. I think that is very generous. And, frankly, Nash is overpaid by .8M or so. Why should that mean Lundqvist should be overpaid by almost a million?

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Mrpuck

10mil, ummm no. The cap hit can't be higher then 7mil or we're going to have issues. I actually think offering his same contract or at most a slight increase to 7m to match Rinne's. If he wants more then that then he has to go.

As others have said, how many teams have won the cup with a high paid net minder? I love Henrik and he really is the face of the team, but he has to cut the team a break on the contract and consider how much he makes on endorsements and his other ventures. If relocating is ok with him, then so be it. There would only be a small handful of teams who could afford him over 8/9/10 mil. And none of them are serious contenders.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:29 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
No. We cannot afford to pay Hank 10M. The only way I even remotely consent to giving him 10M is if it is for a few years where the contract scales down to around 5M when he is 40. A 10M cap hit for Lundqvist is insanity.

Old
05-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Sooth

Maybe he just wants to get as far as possible from Tortorella

Sooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:30 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
The only way he is "worth" 10M is if it's a longer term deal and only the first three or so years are at 10M per year. A 10M cap hit is pure insanity.

Old
05-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Where did I say that he should be paid less than Nash?

Being paid slightly more than Nash is still market value or above, however. He already has had one contract above market value. If he cares more about winning the Cup, he will take a bit less than he would get on the market.

I don't view Hank as a Crosby-level talent. If Crosby is making 8.7M, Lundqvist should be making about 7.5 or so. I am willing to give the dude 8M. I think that is very generous. And, frankly, Nash is overpaid by .8M or so. Why should that mean Lundqvist should be overpaid by almost a million?
You're still seriously thinking about this 10mil thing, it's starting to get a bit sad now, don't you think?
Psst, a tip, not everything you read is true.

Can't we turn the conversation to what he can realisticly want to be paid/we think he deserves? Would be much more interesting than all the "omg he cant be paid 10mil, lets run him out of town" "no way 10mil" "10 mil? he isnt crobsy".