HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 8.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2013, 04:14 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But it is McDavid. Who didn't he make look stupid? I like Hagg with our pick. The kid has untapped potential on both sides. Great size, would need to bring the consistency as 95% of the kids.
Hagg is on top of my wishlist too.

Old
05-28-2013, 04:24 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Hagg underwhelmed me every time I saw him. Safe to say I'm not much of a fan.

Old
05-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
May own the best point shot in the draft .. however, skating woes appear to be troublesome, as does his lack of physical aggression .. injuries derailed his season.

You would be happy with this?
Honestly sure, I mean skating can be worked on and if he has a good shot the worst he can become is MAB.

Old
05-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Hagg is on my wishlist as well. I think that he is being under-valued and he could for sure drop to our second round pick. I would take a flyer on him for sure. I feel like he doesn't excel at one part of the game but he is an all around good D-Man. Complete is the word that would probably define him the best. If we can tap into that potential he could end up being a solid #3 D-Man.

Old
05-28-2013, 04:35 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
Heatherington is a guy I had no clue about coming into the whl season and he really surprised me, he never makes a mistake great skater and decent size.

Old
05-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
May own the best point shot in the draft .. however, skating woes appear to be troublesome, as does his lack of physical aggression .. injuries derailed his season.

You would be happy with this?
The reports on Pulock are really hot or cold. Here's one that is filled with positivism:

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/20...-2013-nhl.html

Quote:
Pulock is a defenceman that does a bit of everything for Brandon. His skating has improved immensely over the past 18 months, he passes the puck well, has the hardest shot of anyone in the draft, throws some massive hits and plays both key minutes on the top PP and PK units. His leadership qualities are through the roof, serving as the Wheat Kings captain this year and being famous for being a character kid. Wouldn't be shocked if some teams like him as a top 6-7 player for the draft, although I think he's just in the tier below that. He's definitely right in that mix of players who could go in the top 10, so it will be interesting to see how much his "character" can bump him up in the draft. Could be one of those guys that plays one more year of junior and then makes the jump to the NHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
What type of player do you see Anthony Mantha ending up like? I know he's tall and still needs to fill out, but is he a perimeter type player? I haven't seen a lot of him, but what I did see I didn't think he shied away from the physical game or the corners/dirty areas. 50 goals in 67 games is pretty impressive though, so I was wondering if that would translate to the NHL and be a prolific goal scorer there too.
Poor man's James Neal would be a good way to describe him, IMO.

Old
05-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Heatherington is a guy I had no clue about coming into the whl season and he really surprised me, he never makes a mistake great skater and decent size.
For 2nd round? Heatherington is totally a candidate. He impressed me from game to game. Seems as he improved from every game I saw him. As far as other d-men are concerned, not sure at all what Santini has proven to be considered a good 2-way d-man. I know it's not solely about stats but geez...you do need some of them at one point.

This "2-way" label is being thrown out all over the place IMHO. Seems that being able to make a 1st pass is now considered 2-way? Not in my books. Any pure great defensive d-man, has to be a good skater and make a good 1st pass. You won't see 100 hundred of Hal Gill succeeding in the future.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 05-28-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old
05-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I'd be running to the podium.
I just selected him with the habs pick in a mock draft. I actually wanted Morrissey, but the guy before me picked him.

rychel was available too, but I'm just not that high on him. not my type of player.

Old
05-28-2013, 06:44 PM
FisherKing

Don't see much love here for Ristolainen. Pretty big boy and apparently has some skills. Any interest in Habs taking him with one of their first 3 picks?

Old
05-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
Don't see much love here for Ristolainen. Pretty big boy and apparently has some skills. Any interest in Habs taking him with one of their first 3 picks?
absolutely, cannot imagine him falling outside the top 12, probably top 10.

he's my number 2 d, after jones.

Old
05-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Riggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
I think we're all assuming he will be gone by our first pick so he's not even discussed.

Old
05-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Mercury10

Just wondering what you guys think if the Habs made a move up to draft Nurse? Like lets say he somehow makes it past Philly at 11th? Would he be a player to target in a trade up? I don't think he will fall but on paper he seems like the kinda guy the Habs need. Thoughts?

Old
05-28-2013, 07:55 PM
onice

The new ISS draft listing is out. With our first these are the players that are still on the table:

Compher
Domi
Petan
Heatherington
McCarron
Bigras
Morin

Domi, Heatherington, & Morin look real enticing along with Petan & McCarron a little further back

Old
05-28-2013, 08:02 PM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
The new ISS draft listing is out. With our first these are the players that are still on the table:

Compher
Domi
Petan
Heatherington
McCarron
Bigras
Morin

Domi, Heatherington, & Morin look real enticing along with Petan & McCarron a little further back
If Domi is still there, you pick him and you run.

Old
05-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post

Compher
Domi
Petan
Heatherington
McCarron
Bigras
Morin

Domi falling to our pick would be really, really surprising. ISS hates him somehow.

Old
05-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Domi falling to our pick would be really, really surprising. ISS hates him somehow.
If we factor in the Europeans (usual suspects + Wennberg+ Burakowsky) and 1 Goalie, Central Scouting has him also at 26.

Old
05-28-2013, 08:45 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Winkle View Post
I think we're all assuming he will be gone by our first pick so he's not even discussed.
Kinda what I thought, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Edit: He is ranked 22nd in THN Draft Preview though so he might be within reach if he's drafted in the mid to late teens. Just speculating (ie. dreaming) here

Old
05-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury10 View Post
Just wondering what you guys think if the Habs made a move up to draft Nurse? Like lets say he somehow makes it past Philly at 11th? Would he be a player to target in a trade up? I don't think he will fall but on paper he seems like the kinda guy the Habs need. Thoughts?
He won't make it much further than 11. I would love to get him though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Him and Erne have been getting the shaft from ISS virtually the whole season.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

Him and Erne have been getting the shaft from ISS virtually the whole season.
Central Scouting also isn't high on Erne... They believe he should be going early 2nd Round (around 34th).

Old
05-28-2013, 09:14 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
ISS has Erne out of the top 30, which isn't a complete surprise...I'd say there's a legitimate possibility he could still be on the board by our pick. Would you guys take him?
You pick him and thank whatever god or spiritual emblem you believe in and laugh all the way to the bank. This kid is money, and should go top15.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:21 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Leroux is a bigot masquerading as a hockey analyst.
Leroux is actually the best francophone hockey journalist we have in Québec He certainly is biased towards the 'Q, the league he covers, but he's the most knowledgeable person in the media when it comes to that league. Mikaël Lalancette is also growing on me, but he has ways to go before hitting the status of Leroux.

Leroux is basically the Bob Mackenzie of the 'Q.

As for the other comment on him. I fondly remember his reaction when Beaulieu was drafted, he did specify he was not a 'pure laine', but it was so people wouldn't confuse his name and his actual origins.

He was pretty pumped about the fact that it was the first 1st rounder used by the habs in the 'Q since Chouinard (IIRC). He pointed out the fact that Beaulieu was anglophone just to clear out any possible confusions, not to diss his origins or the player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
What type of player do you see Anthony Mantha ending up like? I know he's tall and still needs to fill out, but is he a perimeter type player? I haven't seen a lot of him, but what I did see I didn't think he shied away from the physical game or the corners/dirty areas. 50 goals in 67 games is pretty impressive though, so I was wondering if that would translate to the NHL and be a prolific goal scorer there too.
When I see Mantha play I see James Neal. Pure goal scorer, who pulls the trigger all the time.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:55 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

I know he's another borderline overager like Mantha, but watching his tape in the WJCU20, I couldn't help but be super impressed with the talent and play Alexander Wennberg. He's on my radar at 25.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I know he's another borderline overager like Mantha, but watching his tape in the WJCU20, I couldn't help but be super impressed with the talent and play Alexander Wennberg. He's on my radar at 25.

He's on everyone's radar if he drops to 25, I don't think anyone expects him to be available to us.

Old
05-28-2013, 10:02 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
He's on everyone's radar if he drops to 25, I don't think anyone expects him to be available to us.
I know, but with guys like Erne now looking like they could drop, who knows who ends up dropping.

Bottom line he's one of those forwards in the 15-25 range who I'd be happy with.

Old
05-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Red Line are real fans of Mantha:
Quote:
Anthony Mantha: Will never be accused of playing with too much intensity… or heart… or effort for that matter.
Sounds like the perfect Hab, a huge, lazy, soft, one-dimensional Quebecois scorer. Would drive this forum crazy in so many ways.

Closed Thread