HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL: We Really Like It, We Want Moar Playoffs!!!

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2013, 10:46 PM
RangerBlues

vCash: 500
Mr. Quick is a monster.

Old
05-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Sharks bottom 6 is what cost them. They're too top heavy. Gomez????? Lol. Wingels? Desjardins? Shepard? Burish is the only decent bottom sixer

Old
05-28-2013, 10:47 PM
17futurecap

Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, and Boyle all free agents next summer. Sharks could have a big fire sale this summer or at the deadline if they wanted to go in that direction.

Old
05-28-2013, 10:48 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best View Post
Sharks bottom 6 is what cost them. They're too top heavy. Gomez????? Lol. Wingels? Desjardins? Shepard? Burish is the only decent bottom sixer
Gomez. Who in their right mind considers Gomez to be an ingredient that you need?
He skates so nicely. Smiles so widely. Such a waste of a roster spot.

Old
05-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

i cant stand quick or the kings. tired of hearing how much better quick is than lundqvist

Old
05-28-2013, 10:51 PM
trilobyte

I think Quick is quite good. I don't think he is as good as Henrik, but the whole Kings team just plays really well when it counts.

Old
05-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

You have to give the Sharks credit. They played like a desperate team and were in the Kings' zone almost the entire last 10 minutes. They pushed hard, compare that to us when we're down 2-1 and we can barely muster a shot on goal, let alone a quality chance.

Quick is a ****ing monster in the playoffs. Say what you will about him and the comparisons to Hank, but he absolutely steps up to an unbelievable level in the playoffs. He doesn't give up weak goals and have off nights. He is possessed it seems. He just won't lose.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:11 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
i cant stand quick or the kings. tired of hearing how much better quick is than lundqvist
You can certainly make a good case for Quick as the #1 goalie off of the past two playoff years.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:12 PM
30theking

well if quick continues this playoff run and does win another cup especially in back to back years it will be hard for me to say he is not as good if not better than henrik. i know henrik doesn't get much offense but still.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
You can certainly make a good case for Quick as the #1 goalie off of the past two playoff years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30theking View Post
well if quick continues this playoff run and does win another cup especially in back to back years it will be hard for me to say he is not as good if not better than henrik. i know henrik doesn't get much offense but still.
agree with both. hence why i dont like quick

Old
05-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30theking View Post
The way I see it Quick is a better playoff goaltender than Hank but an inferior regular season goaltender. Quick's team plays so much better in front of him than the Rangers play in front of Hank though so its a tough comparison to make. He was barely challenged tonight though. 2-3 great saves while Hank has to make at least 5 a game to keep the Rangers in it.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:16 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post
You have to give the Sharks credit. They played like a desperate team and were in the Kings' zone almost the entire last 10 minutes. They pushed hard, compare that to us when we're down 2-1 and we can barely muster a shot on goal, let alone a quality chance.

Quick is a ****ing monster in the playoffs. Say what you will about him and the comparisons to Hank, but he absolutely steps up to an unbelievable level in the playoffs. He doesn't give up weak goals and have off nights. He is possessed it seems. He just won't lose.
He's more athletic and active than Hank is. We'd be splitting hairs picking the better goalie presently but going forward, you have to take Quick.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
my guess is the Rangers will pay out of their shoes for Dan Boyle, deluded by his post season point totals. Another player that is closed to being done and would've been better to be acquired many years earlier.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor King Schultz View Post
The way I see it Quick is a better playoff goaltender than Hank but an inferior regular season goaltender. Quick's team plays so much better in front of him than the Rangers play in front of Hank though so its a tough comparison to make. He was barely challenged tonight though. 2-3 great saves while Hank has to make at least 5 a game to keep the Rangers in it.
He made a lot more than 2-3 great saves tonite. However, in all honesty, the Kings defense is a heck of a lot better than our defense is with or without Staal!

Old
05-28-2013, 11:26 PM
mike14

I'm a huge Quick fan, but the true test comes next year when his new contract kicks in and fine if their young guys need raises. LA will lose some of their depth and it will be interesting to see how they respond

Old
05-28-2013, 11:27 PM
17futurecap

Here is the schedule for conference finals, both west scenarios included. Games 1 and 2 of Hawks/Kings would be Saturday/Sunday and Pens/Bruins would play game 6 and 7 on back to back nights.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=672264&cmpid=nhl-twt

Old
05-28-2013, 11:27 PM
Affinity

Bleh, all the teams left have won the cup recently.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:30 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
He made a lot more than 2-3 great saves tonite. However, in all honesty, the Kings defense is a heck of a lot better than our defense is with or without Staal!
I must not have been watching close enough then because I only recall the slide across the crease in the first, the similar move in the other direction in the 2nd right before the 1st Kings goal, and then the crazy save on Pavelski in the third.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:32 PM
30theking

the only team left i can really root for is detroit. they remind of the spurs in basketball. fundamental teams that keep churning along no matter the age of the players.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:40 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
my guess is the Rangers will pay out of their shoes for Dan Boyle, deluded by his post season point totals. Another player that is closed to being done and would've been better to be acquired many years earlier.
Exactly right about when any team, including the Rangers, should have pursued Dan Boyle.
Years earlier, exactly. The Rangers going for Dan Boyle now would be hiring on past achievements. Is he going to now push you over the hump, is he now going to be so valuable that you just have to have him?
The answer is NO, of course he is not. He has no tight-woven history with the players around him, no roots in a new organization, no grounding that anchors that success. What a great opportunity to land a big fat expensive letdown.

I'm good with the Nash deal, love it. But I hope the Rangers understand that you do no recreate history just because you want to. You don't grab a player who has had success, simply relocate and replicate.
That would be the height of arrogance and lazy thinking, and absolute proof that you do not have a ****ing clue about anything.
The Rangers have pulled enough of that stuff over the last few decades to make most sensible people laugh at them.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:59 PM
Aufheben
The jam must flow...

vCash: 130
Goddamnit, I thought the Kinds were done in Round 1

Old
05-29-2013, 01:32 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Exactly right about when any team, including the Rangers, should have pursued Dan Boyle.
Years earlier, exactly. The Rangers going for Dan Boyle now would be hiring on past achievements. Is he going to now push you over the hump, is he now going to be so valuable that you just have to have him?
The answer is NO, of course he is not. He has no tight-woven history with the players around him, no roots in a new organization, no grounding that anchors that success. What a great opportunity to land a big fat expensive letdown.

I'm good with the Nash deal, love it. But I hope the Rangers understand that you do no recreate history just because you want to. You don't grab a player who has had success, simply relocate and replicate.
That would be the height of arrogance and lazy thinking, and absolute proof that you do not have a ****ing clue about anything.
The Rangers have pulled enough of that stuff over the last few decades to make most sensible people laugh at them.
Exactly. Dan Boyle at ES right now is playing at the level of a bottom pair defenseman. Still a lethal PP guy though.

Old
05-29-2013, 01:34 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Gah, I hate the Kings.

Go Wings/Hawks!

05-29-2013, 01:51 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

I don't hate the Kings, just not a big fan of the thought of a repeat. I'd be fine with either the Wings/Hawks winning it all

Oh and lollerblades at the name/avatar/sig ^

Old
05-29-2013, 05:44 AM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torey Krug Fan View Post
Gah, I hate the Kings.

Go Wings/Hawks!
HAHAHAHAH at that avatar and name change. LOL

Closed Thread